+ Reply to Thread
Page 816 of 867 FirstFirst ... 316 716 766 806 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 826 866 ... LastLast
Results 20,376 to 20,400 of 21652
  1. #20376

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Isaac Orr, the author of the article is a known climate change skeptic. The Center of the American Experiment is a right wing lobbyest group disguised as a think tank. It's full of other climate change skeptics. There is no link to the actual study, who the scientists are that conducted it, or the methodology. Link me up when you have some real details.

  2. #20377

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    CNN joins the Washington Post in being sued by Nicholas Sandmann. I love it. They pushed a narrative which was based on their irrational hatred for a hat and not based on fact or video evidence. Disgusting, biased, ignorant, and dangerous by CNN and others and they should absolutely be held accountable.

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/cnn-hit-2...--finance.html

  3. #20378
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
    CNN joins the Washington Post in being sued by Nicholas Sandmann. I love it. They pushed a narrative which was based on their irrational hatred for a hat and not based on fact or video evidence. Disgusting, biased, ignorant, and dangerous by CNN and others and they should absolutely be held accountable.

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/cnn-hit-2...--finance.html
    ^ Suggests irrational behavior, and then provides an example of it.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

  4. #20379

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    ^ Suggests irrational behavior, and then provides an example of it.
    What, the news story? The kid was bashed relentlessly in the news media and turned into some mob leader character. I hardly think a law suit in this situation is irrational.

  5. #20380
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jburke View Post
    The fact that nuclear is never one of the solutions for the climate alarmists tells me they arent serious about cleaner energy, its all about control.
    3 Mile Island
    Chernobyl
    Fukashima

    Sure there haven't been a lot of accidents but some of the ones that have occurred, especially the last two, have been spectacular.

    Then there is the whole issue of what to do with the spent nuclear fuel rods.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  6. #20381
    NYYF Cy Young

    Tyler Durden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The CT/MA Border, aka Pink Sox Territory

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    3 Mile Island
    Chernobyl
    Fukashima

    Sure there haven't been a lot of accidents but some of the ones that have occurred, especially the last two, have been spectacular.

    Then there is the whole issue of what to do with the spent nuclear fuel rods.
    Exactly.

    There's no such thing as a "forgettable" nuclear accident.
    Jingoism is not Patriotism

  7. #20382
    Hope is eternal
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Yeah the punks did the tomahawk chop in front of a Native American. Racism defined. Sure they are innocent lol
    Thankful to be a fan of a big market team

  8. #20383
    Ageist/sexist Jburke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Out East

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    3 Mile Island
    Chernobyl
    Fukashima

    Sure there haven't been a lot of accidents but some of the ones that have occurred, especially the last two, have been spectacular.

    Then there is the whole issue of what to do with the spent nuclear fuel rods.
    Not much of a risk when you consider fossil fuels are going to be the end of civilization in about 12 years.
    Fully operational Death Star

  9. #20384
    Ageist/sexist Jburke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Out East

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
    What, the news story? The kid was bashed relentlessly in the news media and turned into some mob leader character. I hardly think a law suit in this situation is irrational.
    Guilty of smirking while white. String him up.
    Fully operational Death Star

  10. #20385
    Ageist/sexist Jburke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Out East

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Isaac Orr, the author of the article is a known climate change skeptic. The Center of the American Experiment is a right wing lobbyest group disguised as a think tank. It's full of other climate change skeptics. There is no link to the actual study, who the scientists are that conducted it, or the methodology. Link me up when you have some real details.
    You say climate change skeptic as if its a bad thing. How else would we hear the opinion of non government funded scientists?
    Fully operational Death Star

  11. #20386

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Yeah the punks did the tomahawk chop in front of a Native American. Racism defined. Sure they are innocent lol
    Yikes. There's a lot to unwrap here:

    First of all, for the sake of discussion, let's ignore the fact that this doesn't really have anything to do with the lawsuit which is between one student and CNN/The Washington Post.

    I like how you refer to the students as "punks" but Nathan Phillips as "a Native American". You're falling into the exact same trap that CNN did. You should read up a little on who Nathan Phillips really is:
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...il-as-teenager

    Another fact you're conveniently leaving out of this post is that the students were screamed at as well. You seem to think that it was the Covington students alone who caused this whole thing. Video evidence easily disproves this:
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...fo/2643519002/

    But yep. A kid smiled and wore a hat you didn't like... so he's clearly racist. Imagine that. Trying to diffuse a potentially violent situation against a violent man looking for a confrontation. What should he have done?

  12. #20387
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Paris

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jburke View Post
    You say climate change skeptic as if its a bad thing. How else would we hear the opinion of non government funded scientists?
    Because if it's not really science, it's a distraction. There are plenty of ways to get legitimate studies out -- publishing, conferences, etc.. This isn't opinion - If you can't cite your work, it's not science

  13. #20388

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
    CNN joins the Washington Post in being sued by Nicholas Sandmann. I love it. They pushed a narrative which was based on their irrational hatred for a hat and not based on fact or video evidence. Disgusting, biased, ignorant, and dangerous by CNN and others and they should absolutely be held accountable.

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/cnn-hit-2...--finance.html
    Oh, please. Irrational hatred of a hat? Based on what the hat represents, the hatred of it isn't irrational. His rich parents hired a PR firm to spin things. They're just looking for another payout.

  14. #20389
    Ageist/sexist Jburke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Out East

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    Because if it's not really science, it's a distraction. There are plenty of ways to get legitimate studies out -- publishing, conferences, etc.. This isn't opinion - If you can't cite your work, it's not science
    Im not familiar with the author myself, but all Tex said was there is no link to the study. That doesnt mean there was no study, there are plenty of peer reviewed studies that question the impact man made CO2 has on the climate. Real science, not distractions.
    Fully operational Death Star

  15. #20390
    Ageist/sexist Jburke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Out East

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Oh, please. Irrational hatred of a hat? Based on what the hat represents, the hatred of it isn't irrational. His rich parents hired a PR firm to spin things. They're just looking for another payout.
    Oooh. White AND rich? Burn him.
    Fully operational Death Star

  16. #20391

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Oh, please. Irrational hatred of a hat? Based on what the hat represents, the hatred of it isn't irrational. His rich parents hired a PR firm to spin things. They're just looking for another payout.
    You can't help yourself, can you? You're doing the exact same thing CNN did that got them sued for $250 million. You're ignoring the actual situation and just focusing on the hate. The only thing that hat represents is that you're a fan of Donald Trump. (And even that could be changing... with some people's extreme urge to censor the hat, it has the potential to become something to wear just to say "You can't tell me what to do or think."... as usual, the desperate urge to get rid of the hat only makes people want to wear it more.)

    We all know you don't like Trump. That doesn't mean people who do deserve to be treated like Sandmann was treated. Especially when he was the peace maker at the event.

  17. #20392
    Get Off My Lawn. Maynerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Yes. They are a conservative think tank with a vested interest in opposing change.
    Do you have some peer reviewed scientific studies that support their conclusions?
    Are you really looking for a learned, peer-reviewed academic study of the conclusions in an assessment of a Congressional Resolution that was only introduced to the Congress on February 7?

    I don't think that's how that whole process works.

    "But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

  18. #20393
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jburke View Post
    Im not familiar with the author myself, but all Tex said was there is no link to the study. That doesnt mean there was no study, there are plenty of peer reviewed studies that question the impact man made CO2 has on the climate. Real science, not distractions.
    The author Issac Orr is a political scientist and geologist who seems to be funded by the fracking and coal industry.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  19. #20394
    Hope is eternal
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Someone should be suing these racist punks . And no the made in China make America white again hats aren’t the issue, a bunch of punks doing the tomahawk chop is not boys being boys, racism is taught and they knew what they were doing
    Thankful to be a fan of a big market team

  20. #20395
    Get Off My Lawn. Maynerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Someone should be suing these racist punks . And no the made in China make America white again hats arenít the issue, a bunch of punks doing the tomahawk chop is not boys being boys, racism is taught and they knew what they were doing
    I guess they should immediately close Florida State University and Sun Trust Park.

    "But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

  21. #20396
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Someone should be suing these racist punks .
    No one should be suing anyone. Hopefully the court strikes down his lawsuit as the frivolous garbage that it is.

  22. #20397

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Someone should be suing these racist punks . And no the made in China make America white again hats arenít the issue, a bunch of punks doing the tomahawk chop is not boys being boys, racism is taught and they knew what they were doing
    I guess the joke is really on me for wasting my time writing up that response. Oh well. Live and learn.

  23. #20398
    Hope is eternal
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    No one should be suing anyone. Hopefully the court strikes down his lawsuit as the frivolous garbage that it is.
    Agreed wasnít being literal
    Thankful to be a fan of a big market team

  24. #20399
    Hope is eternal
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    No one should be suing anyone. Hopefully the court strikes down his lawsuit as the frivolous garbage that it is.
    Agreed
    Thankful to be a fan of a big market team

  25. #20400

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jburke View Post
    The fact that nuclear is never one of the solutions for the climate alarmists tells me they arent serious about cleaner energy, its all about control.
    And if it were the existential threat they propose, wouldn't they be taking serious action against China and India ?
    I like big mutt,s and I can not lie....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

  1. Maynerd
  2. Yankfan55

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts