+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 216 FirstFirst ... 37 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 57 97 147 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 5398

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    I see it. I don't care.

That's what grown-ups, say. Right?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Ok, if you're saying that he won't be the highest paid political host on cable network news at his next gig, then I agree.

I was saying that he could easily find another network to work- but it will probably pay less than FNC.

His radio show was pretty good- that's always an option, too. But retirement might be the most attractive choice for him.
    And that was my point. Of course he could work and over time more easily but stars have egos. To many money is also status. He doesn't seem to be lacking in ego so I personally wonder if he would take less. He is getting up there in age. I would be surprised if he was on the air again in 2017.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

Don't lose sight of what started this. Giant flags at ball games with fans saluting mindlessly are just useless tokens of gratitude. It's a shallow, commercial farce. If that's what you call "patriotism" and "supporting out troops", good for you. I don't want any part of it. As a country, we do a pathetic job of actually taking care of our veterans. That would require real patriotism.
    This. 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    John Ossoff probably not going to break 50% in the 6th, will go to runoff (as expected). He has a very slim chance to win the runoff against Karen Handel, but we'll see.
    I so wish he'd gotten to 50%. He was so close! He probably won't beat a Republican who has no other GOP candidates in the race. I sure hope he does, though. Anyone who can donate or make calls should do so. There are links at his website.

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    Jason Chaffetz not seeking re-election.
    Where's philleotardo? He'll be sad.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Just saw a report that Fox and Bill O'Reilly have reached agreement for his exit from Fox. Good riddance.
    Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    It's good that you have issues with people who 'sexually assault harass women.'

If you said you were glad he was facing some kind of punishment for that, it would make sense.

Being glad he is off the airwaves is kind of weird. Unless it's a schadenfreude thing, which is understandable.
    Being off the airwaves is a punishment for him. He should face criminal charges, as well.

Good talk.
    That's as far as you could read?

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    No, I just highlighted the relevant part, Jenn.

Once someone acknowledges your point but chooses to ignore it there's not much else to say.

No, I just highlighted the relevant part, Jenn.

Once someone acknowledges your point but chooses to ignore it there's not much else to say.
    I didn't ignore it.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Bill O'Reilly not doing the wave may be the only thing I've ever liked about him.

I love DJT being 10 years late on it though.
    2016 - At least we won as many postseason games as the Red Sox

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

I didn't ignore it.
    Whatever.

I don't care about your semantics gotcha games.

NYYF Legend

Don't lose sight of what started this. Giant flags at ball games with fans saluting mindlessly are just useless tokens of gratitude. It's a shallow, commercial farce. If that's what you call "patriotism" and "supporting out troops", good for you. I don't want any part of it. As a country, we do a pathetic job of actually taking care of our veterans. That would require real patriotism.
    I agree with this. I remember too well the flag-waving and flag-burning that characterized the debate over the Vietnam War. Patriotism and support for the troops is one thing. Unfortunately, the flag thing is too easily morphed into support for a political agenda and support for whatever those troops are told to do to support that agenda.

The flag thing does not support even this gross level of nuance. I was intensely opposed to the Vietnam War, I was proud to burn my draft card, I was happy to march in protest all over the East Coast, but I could never burn my country's flag and I opposed those who did. My father was a WWII vet, but when they asked all to drive with their headlights on to show their support, he left his off even though it was a dark foggy day and he could barely see "because I hate this stupid war." He saw the difference.

The problem is that each side will see what they wish to in these kinds of displays. The larger the display, the more they will become polarizing rather than uniting. If we can stick to the time-honored anthem at the beginning, no one (almost no one) will oppose that. When we take it over the top, it ceases to be support for country and troops and becomes endorsement of an agenda.

So let's dial it back. Plus I hate Kate Smith's voice.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Just saw a report that Fox and Bill O'Reilly have reached agreement for his exit from Fox. Good riddance.
    In some alternate reality, he's a few days away from agreeing to terms to become the face of the Trump News Network.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    In some alternate reality, he's a few days away from agreeing to terms to become the face of the Trump News Network.
    Now that I can see happening.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

Yep. FOX has an obligation to protect their employees from a sexual predator. Not firing him would be giving tacit approval. "Just don't watch" ignores what he did. I know that you or I would not keep our jobs if we sexually assaulted and harassed our co-workers the way he has and that doesn't even touch on his history of racist remarks.
    They did, and they ignored it for years. He got fired because people wouldn't advertise on his show, not for anything else. I don't think Fox deserves any kudos for protecting their employees/letting him go.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    Jason Chaffetz not seeking re-election.
    I thought he wanted to become the next Speaker. And then run for POTUS in '24. I'm going to miss that greasy head.

Where's philleotardo? We need the inside scoop here.
    Returning to the private sector says he. Considering a run for governor in '20. I can't imagine why he would think he would have a chance against the current governor.

Either way, fk him.
    Leotardo. That's my f***in' legacy... No more, Butchie. No more of this.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Returning to the private sector says he. Considering a run for governor in '20. I can't imagine why he would think he would have a chance against the current governor.

Either way, fk him.
    Any truth to the rumor that Hatch is close to announcing his retirement, and greasy head is looking to replace him as senator?

Anything short of him running for POTUS in the future will be a big disappointment for me.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

Anything short of him running for POTUS in the future will be a big disappointment for me.
    I was going to mock this, but.....

Friends of Jason Chaffetz registered two web domains more than a week ago, Fusion first reported, citing a search on the WhoIs domain name directory: Jason2028.com and JasonChaffetz2028.com.

The domains were secured by Chaffetz’s campaign arm on April 6.

Jesus, what a dimwit.

Bernie 2020: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...ive-politician

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (I) is the country’s most popular active politician, underscoring his importance to the Democratic Party as it seeks to rebuild in the wake of a disastrous 2016 election cycle.

Sanders is viewed favorably by 57 percent of registered voters, according to data from a Harvard-Harris survey provided exclusively to The Hill. Sanders is the only person in a field of 16 Trump administration officials or congressional leaders included in the survey who is viewed favorably by a majority of those polled.

mugabe also wins elections. doesn't mean much

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    mugabe also wins elections. doesn't mean much
    Insightful.

With O'Reilly gone, there will be no one left to foil my secret war on Christmas, er......I mean Xmas.

Insightful.
    populism detached from reality. seems similar

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    With O'Reilly gone, there will be no one left to foil my secret war on Christmas, er......I mean Xmas.
    at least he got the word out that I've been trying to say for so long. Stop saying "at the end of the day"!!

On a serious note, I've been watching The Factor for about 16 years. I'm sad about this and what has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    at least he got the word out that I've been trying to say for so long. Stop saying "at the end of the day"!!

On a serious note, I've been watching The Factor for about 16 years. I'm sad about this and what has happened.
    I honestly hope that you're sad about what he's done rather than about what's happened to him as a result.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

he cashed out a bunch of future cash flow lul. what's the sad boo boo here for oreilly

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I honestly hope that you're sad about what he's done rather than about what's happened to him as a result.
    im sad at both what he's done (if true) and me losing a show I've watched for so long. I have no sympathy for him personally. I worded that unclearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    im sad at both what he's done (if true) and me losing a show I've watched for so long. I have no sympathy for him personally. I worded that unclearly.
    I figured. That's reasonable.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Thread Information