+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1530

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Thanks I've been out sick for 2 days. Trying to catchup.
    Hope it's nothing serious.

Feel better.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Hope it's nothing serious.

Feel better.
    Thanks. Nothing serious. Jut some chest cold my son brought home from college, made the rounds from him to my wife to me. All on the mend.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Just saw a report that Fox and Bill O'Reilly have reached agreement for his exit from Fox. Good riddance.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Just saw a report that Fox and Bill O'Reilly have reached agreement for his exit from Fox. Good riddance.

Agreement = $$$$$$$$$
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Good for Fox News. This sends a clear and unmistakable message that sexual harassment will not be tolerated...any longer than a couple of decades.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Agreement = $$$$$$$$$
    Roger Ailes cost them $40M. For reasons I cannot begin to understand, FOX renewed O'Reilly's contract, allegedly for multiple years, after the sexual harassment settlements came out. So, yeah, $$$$$$$$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Agreement = $$$$$$$$$
    Yes but at least he will be off the airwaves
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yes but at least he will be off the airwaves
    You could, you know, not watch.

You could, you know, not watch.
    I do, you know, not watch. Haven't watched a single minute in years. I just, you know, have issues with people who sexually assault harass women. So yes I am glad he, you know, is off the airwaves. Unlike the "don't give a crap about others crowd" I do care about how people treat others and also when someone commits a crime.

I do, you know, not watch. Haven't watched a single minute in years. I just, you know, have issues with people who sexually assault harass women. So yes I am glad he, you know, is off the airwaves
    It's good that you have issues with people who 'sexually assault harass women.'

If you said you were glad he was facing some kind of punishment for that, it would make sense.

Being glad he is off the airwaves is kind of weird. Unless it's a schadenfreude thing, which is understandable.

I do, you know, not watch. Haven't watched a single minute in years. I just, you know, have issues with people who sexually assault harass women. So yes I am glad he, you know, is off the airwaves
    Yep. FOX has an obligation to protect their employees from a sexual predator. Not firing him would be giving tacit approval. "Just don't watch" ignores what he did. I know that you or I would not keep our jobs if we sexually assaulted and harassed our co-workers the way he has and that doesn't even touch on his history of racist remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    And Billo..............OUTTA HERE!!
    I remember recently when we were explaining to hitman23, the ongoing issues with Bill-O.

James and Lachlan are clearly going to run FNC in a different manner than their dad. The two most valuable people there have now been booted- Roger Ailes, and now Bill O. Rupert is wisely enjoying his final years with his bride, having fun.
    George, Gabe, Stick >> Hal, Randy, Cashman.

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    Jason Chaffetz not seeking re-election.
    I thought he wanted to become the next Speaker. And then run for POTUS in '24. I'm going to miss that greasy head.

Where's philleotardo? We need the inside scoop here.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Yep. FOX has an obligation to protect their employees from a sexual predator. Not firing him would be giving tacit approval. "Just don't watch" ignores what he did. I know that you or I would not keep our jobs if we sexually assaulted and harassed our co-workers the way he has and that doesn't even touch on his history of racist remarks.
    Imagine that! People thinking there is something wrong with what he did. Guess crimes depend on which political lineage one is and if it is against a woman or a man.

I took 'glad he's off the airwaves' as having a different meaning than 'glad he's been fired'.

Do you see the distinction?

Imagine that! People thinking there is something wrong with what he did. Guess crimes depend on which political lineage one is and if it is against a woman or a man.
    Strawman.

Weak.

I took 'glad he's off the airwaves' as having a different meaning than 'glad he's been fired'.

Do you see the distinction?
    I see it. I don't care. He is off the airwaves because he was fired. If he had quit, I'd still be pleased. He's a serial abuser. I don't care about your semantics gotcha games.

Was he fired or was it a negotiated settlement. I think he will remain off the airwaves as I can't see anyone taking the risk of hiring him and paying him what he would want and hope they get any ads. Glad he is off the airwaves means I am glad he was let go and was held accountable. i haven't watched him in a decade and probably more. Had nothing to do with knowing I don't have to watch. Obviously I don't have to watch and don't.

I see it. I don't care. He is off the airwaves because he was fired. If he had quit, I'd still be pleased. He's a serial abuser. I don't care about your semantics gotcha games.
    Same to all points. And for the "he's being partisan crowd" I would say the same about anyone that did what he did.

Was he fired or was it a negotiated settlement. I think he will remain off the airwaves as I can't see anyone taking the risk of hiring him and paying him what he would want and hope they get any ads. Glad he is off the airwaves means I am glad he was let go and was held accountable. i haven't watched him in a decade and probably more. Had nothing to do with knowing I don't have to watch. Obviously I don't have to watch and don't.
    If he stays off the airwaves, it'll be because he wants to retire.

His viewers are fiercely loyal. If he wants to continue with The Factor elsewhere, there are places that would welcome him with open arms.

Good talk.

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    If he stays off the airwaves, it'll be because he wants to retire.

His viewers are fiercely loyal. If he wants to continue with The Factor elsewhere, there are places that would welcome him with open arms.
    The issue though is the real reason Fox let him go, advertisers dropping him. I said basically what you did above in a different way. Yes if he chooses to go on it will be at a lower pay rate and most likely considerably so. Now maybe time will change things but he is in a position where he doesn't have to work, only if he wants to. And if he is unwilling to work for less then not sure what his present options are. There should be no pretense that Fox did this because it was the right thing to do (it was). They say dollar signs going out and had to act. Next question is who and where would want him? Not sure if CNN or MSNBC the other two big players for his field would be willing to bump an existing host for him. My thought is he sits out for a bit and then gauges the waters down the road.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3f9130c9c7aa

Glenn Beck and The Blaze are counter suing Tomi Lahren.

I'm still confused. I thought a company owed you the money on your contract. And when the contract is over, they have the right to renew or cancel. And the employee has the right to accept the offer or move somewhere else. Similar to MLB players.

The Blaze doesn't have to have a good reason to not renew the contract. Even though it's lame, they're not forced to offer her a new contract after her current one expires. At least, that is what I thought.

Good talk.

The issue though is the real reason Fox let him go, advertisers dropping him. I said basically what you did above in a different way. Yes if he chooses to go on it will be at a lower pay rate and most likely considerably so. Now maybe time will change things but he is in a position where he doesn't have to work, only if he wants to. And if he is unwilling to work for less then not sure what his present options are. There should be no pretense that Fox did this because it was the right thing to do (it was). They say dollar signs going out and had to act. Next question is who and where would want him? Not sure if CNN or MSNBC the other two big players for his field would be willing to bump an existing host for him. My thought is he sits out for a bit and then gauges the waters down the road.
    Ok, if you're saying that he won't be the highest paid political host on cable network news at his next gig, then I agree.

I was saying that he could easily find another network to work- but it will probably pay less than FNC.

His radio show was pretty good- that's always an option, too. But retirement might be the most attractive choice for him.

Thread Information