+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Agreed. I hope it does. If the number even comes close to matching yesterday it will say a lot but I think it will do more than that.
    https://apnews.com/171bf67526014cc9b...&utm_medium=AP

A city official in Washington says the turnout estimate for the Women's March on the National Mall now stands at 500,000 people. That's more than double the initial predictions.
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Wow, at least 500,000 people not just sucking it up and accepting it. This is what makes America great. The ability to dissent.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Women's March in DC turnout looks YUGE on tv. I bet it beats the inaugural by a lot. March's around the world look extremely well attended also.
    I hope this is the case. I think it will also hopefully have the effect of sparking dialogue around women's issues that don't involve pantsuits, how hot Ivanka is, or how much some guys don't want to have sex with insert-female-pol-here.

London.

Berlin.

Paris.

Australia.

Barcelona.

NYYF Legend

^ "if I wanted the government in my womb, I'd f*ck a senator"

That's great

NYYF Legend

Takin' it to the streets, baby.

WOW!!!!!! More women on the Mall then at the coronation yesterday.
    Lovin this!

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    This is why I get angry when otherwise well meaning people tell me not to worry about a Trump presidency. It'll only take one more appointment to overturn it...
    I'm well meaning and believe that you don't have to worry about a Trump presidency- it's not about an individual candidate.

You do have to worry about a Republican presidency, due to the platform. Cruz, Rubio, Jeb, Kasich, Carson, Huckabee, Santorum, Pence, etc... would have appointed SCOTUS nominees that you wouldn't have been pleased with either.
    George, Gabe, Stick >>> Hal, Randy, Cash

My son told me that my ex was going to be at the rally in D.C. today. I sent her text saying I was proud that she was there today. She said she would send some pictures later.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    I hope this is the case. I think it will also hopefully have the effect of sparking dialogue around women's issues that don't involve pantsuits, how hot Ivanka is, or how much some guys don't want to have sex with insert-female-pol-here.
    Thank you for finally mentioning pantsuits!

I was wondering what she would have worn, if elected, during the inauguration balls.

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Thank you for finally mentioning pantsuits!

I was wondering what she would have worn, if elected, during the inauguration balls.
    I hope she would have worn a pantsuit just because, but I doubt it. In any event, I hope she's a better dancer than dancer than Donald (it be pretty hard not to be). Watching him sort of two stepping was painful to watch.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Love this one. Carrie would have been proud.

America at its finest
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    What would you like to talk about?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...121-story.html

While the rally will go on, the Women's March on Chicago has been canceled after a mushrooming crowd of 150,000 packed the downtown event.

"Our march route is flooded. There is no safe way to march. We are just going to sing and dance and make our voices heard here," rally and march co-chair Ann Scholhmer told the crowd at Jackson and Columbus drives just before 11 a.m.

Initially, organizers estimated the event would draw 22,000 people and later said it would be more like 50,000 participants.

It is dead slow at work and I cannot believe I had to give up going to this to sit here and type on a message board about it. Poor me.

The bathroom situation there must be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    The bathroom situation there must be a nightmare.
    Got it covered.

Your Guide to Peeing During the Women’s March on Washington

Would you spring for the adult diapers?

I think I'd just take me chances.

I heard Kamala Harris speak for the first time at the March.

I saw her name as a possible nominee in '20, I'd put her in the same group as Corey Booker. Not ready yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Would you spring for the adult diapers?

I think I'd just take me chances.
    I'd be fine. I've done the big crowd thing many times. Where there's a will there's a way.

Thread Information