+ Reply to Thread
Page 1905 of 1937 FirstFirst ... 905 1405 1805 1855 1895 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1915 ... LastLast
Results 47,601 to 47,625 of 48410
    Windmills. How do they work? Texsahara's Avatar

Re: President Donald Trump

Rolling back as many environmental protections as possible. Appointing fed judges deemed unqualified by the bar association. Over 14,000 lies counted so far. Separating families at the boarder. Denying migrants proper health care leading to illness and death. Inviting and/or welcoming foreign interference in elections. Obstructing checks and balances granted by the Constitution. Babies in cages. Emboldening/supporting white supremacy. Emoluments violations and using the office for personal gain. The list is endless. But hey as long as "everything has been fine" for YOU, cool.

Also he’s raped a bit in his time.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Objectively, he really has been horrible at the job. And I don't think he's determined to destroy the country, I just this that he's determined to grab as much power and money as he can, and if he destroys the country in the process, that's OK. If by "play it safe" you mean "play according to the principles that the country is founded on, like separation of powers and rule of law and freedom of the press and so on," then yes, I like to play it safe.

Oh, and the Mueller report point is indeed a lie.
    But Trump is actually the one of the rare cases where the dude probably lost money and power by becoming President. Maybe it was an ego thing, I don't know. But if he wanted money and power, he would've kept up with real estate and his dumb TV show. But I think we have to get away from this idea that the other side is "evil". Republicans are just as guilty. The stuff they were doing when Obama was in office was embarrassing. And maybe everything has been magnified because of how unlikely Trump getting into office was... but we need to get over it.

At least admit that every tiny little thing with Trump is blown up into a huge story where with any normal President, it would've been completely ignored. Heck, even Trump supporters get blown up into a huge story. A kid smiles while wearing a stupid MAGA hat and it's national news for days. Meanwhile another kid gets the crap kicked out of him for supporting Trump and all I can find is random Twitter feeds talking about it. It's like the world still can't believe that he won and so they're in denial about the whole thing.

And again, I really want to stress, I'm by no means a Republican. Trump is interesting to me because of how he blew up the entire political process. And I think it may have been a process that could use some blowing up.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Rolling back as many environmental protections as possible. Appointing fed judges deemed unqualified by the bar association. Over 14,000 lies counted so far. Separating families at the boarder. Denying migrants proper health care leading to illness and death. Inviting and/or welcoming foreign interference in elections. Obstructing checks and balances granted by the Constitution. Babies in cages. Emboldening/supporting white supremacy. Emoluments violations and using the office for personal gain. The list is endless. But hey as long as "everything has been fine" for YOU, cool.
    Good list. You left out a disastrous trade policy (soybean farmers will never recover), alienation of almost all our most important historical allies, a completely ineffective approach to holding North Korea in check, and a pattern of warm interactions with some of the most disreputable and autocratic heads of state. If re-elected, watch Trump lift sanctions and let Putin run rampant wherever his acquisitive heart desires. A meat-axe approach to deregulation across the board decimating antitrust effectiveness and financial safety, labor safety, food safety, and a host of others. Instilling a national distrust of respected institutions such as the FBI, Justice Department, and State Department. A pattern of incompetent and corrupt Cabinet appointments made even more so by his insistence on blind personal loyalty.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Good list. You left out a disastrous trade policy (soybean farmers will never recover), alienation of almost all our most important historical allies, a completely ineffective approach to holding North Korea in check, and a pattern of warm interactions with some of the most disreputable and autocratic heads of state. If re-elected, watch Trump lift sanctions and let Putin run rampant wherever his acquisitive heart desires. A meat-axe approach to deregulation across the board decimating antitrust effectiveness and financial safety, labor safety, food safety, and a host of others. Instilling a national distrust of respected institutions such as the FBI, Justice Department, and State Department. A pattern of incompetent and corrupt Cabinet appointments made even more so by his insistence on blind personal loyalty.
    :chestbump:
    Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
    But Trump is actually the one of the rare cases where the dude probably lost money and power by becoming President. Maybe it was an ego thing, I don't know. But if he wanted money and power, he would've kept up with real estate and his dumb TV show. But I think we have to get away from this idea that the other side is "evil". Republicans are just as guilty. The stuff they were doing when Obama was in office was embarrassing. And maybe everything has been magnified because of how unlikely Trump getting into office was... but we need to get over it.

At least admit that every tiny little thing with Trump is blown up into a huge story where with any normal President, it would've been completely ignored. Heck, even Trump supporters get blown up into a huge story. A kid smiles while wearing a stupid MAGA hat and it's national news for days. Meanwhile another kid gets the crap kicked out of him for supporting Trump and all I can find is random Twitter feeds talking about it. It's like the world still can't believe that he won and so they're in denial about the whole thing.

And again, I really want to stress, I'm by no means a Republican. Trump is interesting to me because of how he blew up the entire political process. And I think it may have been a process that could use some blowing up.
    No chance he lost money being President. Every diplomatic event is held at a Trump property.

But also, he’s a rapist.

Well you're right. I'm a bad sparring partner. Other than the Mueller report point, I have no problem dismissing all of those as ridiculous political lies. And I also have no problem dismissing the entire Republican party. I feel like anyone who defends Trump gets a bad wrap these days... maybe rightfully so, because most of his defenders seem to be lunatics. At the risk of sounding corny... I don't consider myself a Republican or a Democrat.

I suppose I just don't think politicians in general are capable of understanding actual human emotion, which is what Trump thrived on in 2016.

You're right in saying that it's the most difficult job there is, and is actually probably impossible. But I think the issue here is that, objectively, Trump hasn't really been horrible at the job. The hoopla around him has been intolerable, but ultimately, everything has been fine. He's a ridiculous person, he looks ridiculous, he makes jokes when he probably shouldn't (being the President and all)... but this notion that he's some evil person determined to destroy the country is such an insane notion that appears to have widespread belief in this country. Again, I think he's as close we could possibly come to a party-less candidate in modern times, and based on public reaction, it appears that people don't want that. They like to play it safe.
    The bolded is enough for thinking people to dismiss you right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    EXTREME SARCASM ALERT:

That would matter only if the black president had done it. Women need to be saved only from black men, not the white men who rape them. We're not people, just possessions.

//SARCASM

Seriously, we have an actual rapist as president. An actual. Freaking. Rapist.

Meanwhile another kid gets the crap kicked out of him for supporting Trump and all I can find is random Twitter feeds talking about it.
    If the only place you're seeing it is random tweets, have you considered the possibility that it didn't actually happen?
    Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    The bolded is enough for thinking people to dismiss you right off the bat.
    Yeah. That's the issue.

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Welp. I'm sticking my toe back in.

Does anyone here honestly thing that if Trump had committed a single impeachable offense, Democrats AND Republicans wouldn't be tripping over themselves to get the dude out of office? Do you really think Republicans are happy that Trump has single handedly taken over their party? Of course they have to support him in those silly public polls, but I'm sure they'd love to see him out of office. This is why I don't understand all the hate for Trump. He's obviously a ridiculous person, but he's basically as close to a party-less President as we could possibly get in modern politics.
    It's not if he committed one. It's how many.

Ukraine interfered with the 2016 election to defeat Trump.
    The DNC servers were tampered with by a company led by a Ukrainian, and are now in Ukraine.
    Joe Biden had a Ukrainian prosecutor fired in order to protect his son.
    Trump withheld aid from Ukraine because of overall concerns about corruption in that country.
    The "transcript" shows that there was no quid pro quo.
    The FBI worked to defeat Trump in 2016.
    The DOJ IG's report shows that the counterintelligence investigation in 2016 was politically motivated, and involved placing spies within the Trump campaign.
    The Mueller report showed that there was no collusion and no obstruction.

There's a start, off the top of my head. You've said you don't pay attention, which makes it difficult for you to draw accurate conclusions. If you're not looking, of course you're not going to see anything.
    Nice. I really appreciate your beating me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Always important to remember just how much of a out-right sexual predator and criminal he is.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

NYYF Legend

We’ve been gaslit by a man who has no plan.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

NYYF Cy Young

But Trump is actually the one of the rare cases where the dude probably lost money and power by becoming President.
    Lost money, maybe... but with all of these diplomatic/political events being held at Trump properties since 2017, I doubt it.

Lost power? Not a chance. Among other things, private citizens don't have the power to issue pardons or executive orders the way the Presidency does.
    Jingoism is not Patriotism

NYYF Cy Young

Welp. I'm sticking my toe back in.

Does anyone here honestly thing that if Trump had committed a single impeachable offense, Democrats AND Republicans wouldn't be tripping over themselves to get the dude out of office? Do you really think Republicans are happy that Trump has single handedly taken over their party? Of course they have to support him in those silly public polls, but I'm sure they'd love to see him out of office. This is why I don't understand all the hate for Trump. He's obviously a ridiculous person, but he's basically as close to a party-less President as we could possibly get in modern politics.
    I don't think the establishment Republicans like Trump, the man. However, they've gotten almost everything they've wanted in terms of legislation with Trump, the President.

I'm convinced impeachable acts/offenses won't get them to abandon Trump unless his cult-like base abandons him first. Once Trump becomes a political liability instead of a useful idiot to the Republicans, they'll bail and try to justify it by saying they never really supported him.

It's about consolidation of power above upholding the Constitution and rule of law with this particular group.
    Jingoism is not Patriotism

Hope is eternal

I have tuned out the impeachment process. The ending is known, I believe he is guilty of FAR more than the two charges against him. Only way he might leave is by voting him out next year and each passing day I become more and more convinced the odds of even that happening aren’t good. Problem is there is too large a portion of our country who either believe everything he says, no need to research or doublecheck anything, or simply doesn’t care.
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

Death Star Fully Operational

So now we got a Democratic congressman getting ready to be a turncoat.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/14/polit...ent/index.html

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    So now we got a Democratic congressman getting ready to be a turncoat.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/14/polit...ent/index.html
    He's been a Dem in name only when you look at his track record.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Impeachment rallies will be held all over the country tomorrow. Find your local one here:

https://www.impeach.org/event/impeac...d/search/?logo

Hope is eternal

https://twitter.com/stevekornacki/st...512496130?s=21

Support for impeachment and removal dropping. More now oppose both.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    https://twitter.com/stevekornacki/st...512496130?s=21

Support for impeachment and removal dropping. More now oppose both.
    Eh, statistical tie. History is on our side.

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Eh, statistical tie. History is on our side.
    The concern is it was a precipitous drop from mid November. just wondering if the Senate will go short trial and dismiss or Trump’s big production and then acquittal. Only way there was any chance was if approval got north of 60% and even then remote.

That being said. There will be more investigating. I also expect his taxes to be made public by early 2020. That can be a game changer

Hope is eternal

What I am hoping for in the Senate is 51 votes to convict. If the Dems make strong enough of an argument, Could happen. I think that would deliver a message. I also think unless the Dems get the witnesses to appear and some assurances of a somewhat legitimate trial, the House should sit on the articles.

Garry Kasparov
    @Kasparov63

Every president & party has exploited and even bent the rules to pass an agenda. But the Trumpist GOP's actual agenda is to bend and break the rules. Flouting the law is the point. It sets the stage for anything at all.

McConnell & Graham saying they won't be impartial jurors was bad, but openly boasting about it is remarkable. Giuliani proudly continuing his corruption in Ukraine is another example. They want to show their impunity, that they are above the law.

This also attempts to normalize corrupt behavior, to keep shifting what is acceptable to pave the way for further abuses. More foreign interference, more obstruction. They have moved into the "why not?" framework used by autocrats.

The weakening of institutions and checks & balances is itself the Trumpist goal, unlike previous admins finding loopholes in order to achieve a difficult policy win. (DACA, Iran deal, Iraq war, etc.) This is a broad assault on the rule of law.
    Trump's playing checkers, while Kasparov...well, never mind. He's right.

https://twitter.com/Kasparov63/statu...84442678452226
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Hope is eternal

https://twitter.com/msnbc/status/120...190957568?s=21

Group of GOP form PAC to hold Trump and his enablers accountable. Group includes George Conway and Steve Schmidt. Should be interesting at the dinner table at the Conway residence.

Trump's playing checkers, while Kasparov...well, never mind. He's right.

https://twitter.com/Kasparov63/statu...84442678452226
    I always thought of Trump as more of a Connect Four type of guy.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Thread Information