+ Reply to Thread
Page 1816 of 1837 FirstFirst ... 816 1316 1716 1766 1806 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1826 ... LastLast
Results 45,376 to 45,400 of 45918
    NYYF Legend

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi3 View Post
    Even when used w/o regard to race ?

As in telling someone of the same race to love it or leave it

How does that work ?
    If you don't get how what Trump tweeted is racist, you are probably a racist. Because it's pretty straight forward what he tweeted was totally racist.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    If you don't get how what Trump tweeted is racist, you are probably a racist. Because it's pretty straight forward what he tweeted was totally racist.
    Or, (wait for it) he's trolling the board.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

What Trump has accomplished is making the Squad the face of the D party

Pretty Machiavellian for an idiot
    That doesn’t mean racism wasn’t involved.

Phil doesn't ;like being called part of the chorus then criticizes me for quoting from non chorus approved sources

Bless his heart
    White supremacist sources. Try being honest.

Let's go back to last week when the same Pelosi who is defending them today was accused of racism against the Squad.

So, it was racist because you've already determined that he's a racist

Is any criticism of people of color racist ?
    No, of course not.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Not all R's. There actually are republicans that do not support the president. Anyone that does still support him is either racist or tolerant of racism. A distinction without a difference. If that is polarizing, maybe people could try to not be so racist.
    Yeah, let's double down on the failed "deplorable" strategy- should work much better this time, huh?

At this point, I don't think it's even about concern for outcomes. Like the push for impeachment that will harm the country and probably help the R's in 2020

It's like some sort of Tourettes- the compulsive need to call out the opposition as racist, misogynist, homphobes, etc etc etc

Yeah, let's double down on the failed "deplorable" strategy- should work much better this time, huh?

At this point, I don't think it's even about concern for outcomes. Like the push for impeachment that will harm the country and probably help the R's in 2020

It's like some sort of Tourettes- the compulsive need to call out the opposition as racist, misogynist, homphobes, etc etc etc
    That isn’t a defense against racism.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    White supremacist sources. Try being honest.
    How is Quilette white supremacist ?

I don't read Breitbart, to my recollection, I've only quoted them once and that was a cite taken for a different site that quoted them

I'd wager that my reading is MUCH more diverse than yours

And the point you missed was that it is chorus like to dismiss off hand a post just because it comes form a" non approved" source.

I can't tell you how often the " : well, that's from x source, so I;ll just dismiss it w/o having to read it"

And in the context of the MSM completely beclowning themselves in the whole collusion affair.

I will follow ;inks to the NYT and CNN w/o a need for a trigger warning

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    That isn’t a defense against racism.
    Wasn't meant to be

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    No, of course not.

So, was AOC out of line in her criticism of Pelosi's stance against the Squad last week ?

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

So, was AOC out of line in her criticism of Pelosi's stance against the Squad last week ?
    No, of course not. Pelosi was dumb to mouth off to Maureen Dowd like that.

Hope is eternal

Phil doesn't ;like being called part of the chorus then criticizes me for quoting from non chorus approved sources

Bless his heart
    Like the right wing chorus you copy and paste? What you type I see the same exact fake news stated very similarly. You are the last one to be talking chorus. Trump and his base is one huge echo chamber
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

NYYF Legend

Wasn't meant to be
    Then you agree it was racist of Trump?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

How is Quilette white supremacist ?

I don't read Breitbart, to my recollection, I've only quoted them once and that was a cite taken for a different site that quoted them

I'd wager that my reading is MUCH more diverse than yours

And the point you missed was that it is chorus like to dismiss off hand a post just because it comes form a" non approved" source.

I can't tell you how often the " : well, that's from x source, so I;ll just dismiss it w/o having to read it"

And in the context of the MSM completely beclowning themselves in the whole collusion affair.

Nice cop out. The whole thread mocks how you repeatedly come in here with unsourced material. Over and over. It’s not a chorus, you’re just very bad at this is all.

I’ve done the “I get my info from Reuters/Guardian/Economist” song and dance with you at least ten times now, but it’s usually within the course of dismantling you, followed by you disappearing for a month. So maybe you legitimately missed them. At any rate, my sources are journalism, including independent and overseas, yours are dark web conspiracies aimed at those who want to blame brown people for life’s frustrations.

But, really, I don’t need any of this. Your boy raped a 13 year old girl. We shouldn’t be trying to court the kind of voters that would support him, anyway.

Even when used w/o regard to race ?

As in telling someone of the same race to love it or leave it

How does that work ?
    Love it or leave it not the discussion. He told 4 women of color to go back where they came from. It racist. Moving on.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    No, of course not. Pelosi was dumb to mouth off to Maureen Dowd like that.
    So, you;re saying that her criticism was racist ?

NYYF Legend

I'll ignore the taunt

Not trolling,but Trumps tweets were stupid on may levels, but I don't see the racism

The " love it or leave it " meme has been around for decades and has been used w/o regard to race I remember asking my father- an organizer for the CPUSA why if he hated the country so much why he didn't just move the the USSR

He referred to their anti American statements. Their race was not mentioned
    I am often the first, and frequently the only poster on here to question the overreach of the racism, sexism, etc, critiques. My point has often been that each remark should be seen in context. I remember the propagation of "Love it or Leave It"--I was there on the receiveing end (along with doses of tear gas.) The Anti-American sentiments we expressed were:

Give peace a chance
    No more war
    Bring our boys home
    Love, not war

...and other subversive stuff. As I keep saying, context is everything. There is no denying the context here; the tweet was openly, blatently racist. You gain nothing by citing Love it or Leave it as non-racist. Nixon simply tried to treat us long-haired, pot smoking anti-war 'hippies' as another race, and used the same racist strategies against us as he was using against the blacks at the time. Your own argument condemns you.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Hope is eternal

To me love it or leave it is about as unpatriotic and unamerican as you can get. There is this thing called the First Amendment which allows BOTH sides to disagree
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Nice cop out. The whole thread mocks how you repeatedly come in here with unsourced material. Over and over. It’s not a chorus, you’re just very bad at this is all.

I’ve done the “I get my info from Reuters/Guardian/Economist” song and dance with you at least ten times now, but it’s usually within the course of dismantling you, followed by you disappearing for a month. So maybe you legitimately missed them. At any rate, my sources are journalism, including independent and overseas, yours are dark web conspiracies aimed at those who want to blame brown people for life’s frustrations.

But, really, I don’t need any of this. Your boy raped a 13 year old girl. We shouldn’t be trying to court the kind of voters that would support him, anyway.
    Watch out for that last one, Phil. As I understand it, if he rapes someone and we criticize people for supporting a racist, it’ll be HRC all over again. No matter what he does, pointing it out is apparently the worst strategic error possible.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Love it or leave it not the discussion. He told 4 women of color to go back where they came from. It racist. Moving on.

You said any use of that phrase was racist.

You can move on, doesn't make your position any more valid

Love it or ;eave it is just a variation of go back to where you came from

"
    "Go back where you came from" is racist. It's always been racist
    "

Even when used against a white of European origin? Irish, Italians

I am not a political strategist. I'm some chick on a message board. I can call out racism whenever I see it with zero consequences.

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

faulty premise
    You are (literally) a faulty premise.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Jesus, you’re still using the NYT as a talking point? They’ve done more “understanding the Kansas Nazi that voted for Trump” fluff than anything over the last year or so.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    To me love it or leave it is about as unpatriotic and unamerican as you can get. There is this thing called the First Amendment which allows BOTH sides to disagree
    Of course

You said any use of that phrase was racist.

You can move on, doesn't make your position any more valid

Love it or ;eave it is just a variation of go back to where you came from

"
    "Go back where you came from" is racist. It's always been racist
    "

Even when used against q white of European origin?
    Actually, love it or leave it is not the same as go back where you came from. But hey, you’re on a roll.

Thread Information