+ Reply to Thread
Page 1252 of 1252 FirstFirst ... 252 752 1152 1202 1242 1249 1250 1251 1252
Results 31,276 to 31,288 of 31288
    Life is good

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    *looks down at crib note*

ahem, I hear you, Steve
    If he can’t sit and listen to a group of grieving parents and family talk about the shooting without crib notes to remind him to be sympathetic, that is sad
    you are your own happiness

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    This is maddening. Utterly maddening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Noah
    Nothing inspires confidence like the power of a lawmaker who doesn't believe in the power of laws.
    Rubio and the GOP are super confident in the power of laws when it comes to restricting drugs, terrorism, abortion and just about everything else. But guns...nope, laws won't matter.

Noah also has great line the other night how this week shows how everything is backwards when guns are involved. Kids are acting like adults and adults are acting like children when you have senators saying "you're taking my favorite toy! This is so unfair! and the kids are saying "you can't have them if you're not responsible"!

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    *looks down at crib note*

ahem, I hear you, Steve
    excellent

Every. Single. Time.

I know the discussion has moved on, but: I agree with Mike that the term "sexual assault" shouldn't be used to describe everything from an unwanted kiss to rape. It strips the term of any real meaning, and it's implying a crime without any reference to the actual legal meaning (which varies from state to state). In New York, in fact, the only crimes defined with those words are "Predatory sexual assault" and "Predatory sexual assault with a child." Aside from that you've got sexual misconduct, various forms of sexual abuse, criminal sexual act - but not sexual assault. The only crime this could fall under would be "forcible touching," an A misdemeanor.

I think "violation" is a better catch-all term.

However, I dispute the idea that what Trump did falls somewhere in or near the range of ordinary guy behavior.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...er-for-a-wall/

Why Trump Isn’t Taking Democrats’ Offer For A Wall
    My guess is because he and Stephen Miller and John Kelly and a good chunk of House Republicans want to deport them. They never wanted to help them.

How sad is it when you need crib notes to remind yourself to make an attempt at empathy towards survivors of a tragedy?
    Did you miss the reminder from Steve above about the same scenario involving the person you voted for? Politicians aren't particularly empathetic by nature, or we'd have more solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Did you miss the reminder from Steve above about the same scenario involving the person you voted for? Politicians aren't particularly empathetic by nature, or we'd have more solutions.
    Actually I didn't see it but it's still gross.

Actually I didn't see it but it's still gross.
    That's the thing. Personally, I think he's a sociopath but whatever. He either does not possess any empathy for others or he is incapable of expressing it. I also disagree that politicians aren't particularly empathetic by nature. I think a lot of them care greatly about people. Why they don't get things done is a different story. And I certainly don't get the need for any whataboutism or for defending it. That note is just a sad statement.
    Repeal the 2nd Amendment.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post

How can politicians be empathetic when their reelections depend on the extremely generous contributions that they get from the NRA?

How can you expect trump propose anything that doesn't increase the use of guns? He is totally beholden by the NRA who contributed $30 million to his presidential campaign fund and is most likely sending more $$ his way. trump loves the NRA's money more than he loves our kids lives

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Life is good

More indictments against Manafort and Gates by Mueller today. Expect an increase in the erratic tweets by Trump.
    you are your own happiness

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    How can politicians be empathetic when their reelections depend on the extremely generous contributions that they get from the NRA?

How can you expect trump propose anything that doesn't increase the use of guns? He is totally beholden by the NRA who contributed $30 million to his presidential campaign fund and is most likely sending more $$ his way. trump loves the NRA's money more than he loves our kids lives

Andy
    That's not exactly true.

They mostly spent money on ads in support of him and criticizing Hillary.

One ad, for example, cost $6.5 million, another cost $3 million.

I'm not saying that they weren't helping him-- just that they weren't giving him $30 million in cash.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    That's not exactly true.

They mostly spent money on ads in support of him and criticizing Hillary.

One ad, for example, cost $6.5 million, another cost $3 million.

I'm not saying that they weren't helping him-- just that they weren't giving him $30 million in cash.
    Correct. They spent over 30 million dollars in the 2016 election towards Donald Trump being president.

Yeah. Citizens United, indeed. It's that warm and fuzzy feeling that permeates...
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Thread Information