+ Reply to Thread
Page 583 of 583 FirstFirst ... 83 483 533 573 580 581 582 583
Results 14,551 to 14,574 of 14574
  1. #14551
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    The country certainly wasn't founded with any Judeo- in mind.
    GW's Letter to the Hebrew Congregation at Newport shows that at least he was a fan.

  2. #14552

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    He was obnoxious and disliked.
    That doesn't mean he didn't know what he was talking about. Those things aren't mutually exclusive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    He'd fit right in here.


    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    The country certainly wasn't founded with any Judeo- in mind.
    Muggs was discriminatory when he helped draft the Constitution. Take it up with him.

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    You don't have to speak of me in the past tense.
    Oh, we don't.

  3. #14553

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Do you have any other proof of this besides a random quote? Because I've always been under the understanding that this country, its laws, and its entire structure was based on Judeo-Christian values.

    I do admit that I am not a religious person in the least. And I'm not offended either way. But I do have morals and many of those morals align with that. I just don't do the God/church/prayer things. But I am quite certain about this.
    I mentioned this before, but eventually, there will be an interesting religious freedom test. However, this time it will deal with Sharia law. It'll be interesting to see how strongly the religious freedom laws are applied.
    George, Gabe, Stick >> Hal, Randy, Cashman.

  4. #14554

    Re: President Donald Trump

    "A large group of Hollywood actors and Washington media are consoling each other in a hotel ballroom in our nation's capital right now," Trump told the crowd. "They are gathered together for the White House Correspondents' dinner -- without the President. And I could not possibly be more thrilled than to be more than 100 miles away from Washington's swamp, spending my evening with all of you and with a much, much larger crowd and much better people."
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/29/politi...lly/index.html

    ...said the man consoling himself with a rally for an election he already won a few months ago.

  5. #14555

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/29/politi...lly/index.html

    ...said the man consoling himself with a rally for an election he already won a few months ago.
    And a swamp enlargened by Trump. Someone needs to tell this insecure narcissist he won
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

  6. #14556

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    And a swamp enlargened by Trump. Someone needs to tell this insecure narcissist he won
    He knows. He reminds us every time he speaks. Every. Single. Time.

  7. #14557

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    He knows. He reminds us every time he speaks. Every. Single. Time.
    I think he's trying to convince himself.

  8. #14558
    NYYF Legend

    montrealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Saint Anicet,Quebec

    Re: President Donald Trump

    I like the folks behind him with the "Drain the Swamp" signs..........

    "Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

  9. #14559
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    I like the folks behind him with the "Drain the Swamp" signs..........
    Trump's supporters are solid. He could release his tax returns that show Russian investments, then divorce Melania and marry a hooker next month, then destroy the entire country of North Korea and none of it would matter with his core.
    Let the kids play.

  10. #14560

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Trump's supporters are solid. He could release his tax returns that show Russian investments, then divorce Melania and marry a hooker next month, then destroy the entire country of North Korea and none of it would matter with his core.
    I'm sorry to hear that. It's been brought to our attention a number of times that we cannot defeat Trump unless we convert his supporters.

  11. #14561
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. It's been brought to our attention a number of times that we cannot defeat Trump unless we convert his supporters.
    Not true. Independents voted for him but aren't core supporters and he's lost ground with them already. If he doesn't come through for the manufacturing states like Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan they'll flip back as well. Right now they're riding an optimism wave but that's about all there is.
    Let the kids play.

  12. #14562

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Not true. Independents voted for him but aren't core supporters and he's lost ground with them already. If he doesn't come through for the manufacturing states like Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan they'll flip back as well. Right now they're riding an optimism wave but that's about all there is.
    Good luck getting through.

  13. #14563
    Not fooling anyone. Soriambi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    You are wrong. We are not granted our freedom. We are born with them.
    I'm not going to criticize Trump saying that, but ultimately I don't think it's correct. From any sort of practical standpoint, we're absolutely granted most of our freedoms, not born with them.
    -Kevin

    "My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan


    "I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

    RIP, Pete.

  14. #14564
    Not fooling anyone. Soriambi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    No. We are born with freedom as a result of our early congress people = government officials.
    I think this is incorrect as well. We have our freedoms less because of those early officials and more because people have thankfully followed those guidelines in the years since.
    -Kevin

    "My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan


    "I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

    RIP, Pete.

  15. #14565

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    I'm not going to criticize Trump saying that, but ultimately I don't think it's correct. From any sort of practical standpoint, we're absolutely granted most of our freedoms, not born with them.
    I believe you are born with your freedoms. Intervention is not necessary to provide you with these freedoms, so they are not granted. However they can be taken away.

  16. #14566
    Not fooling anyone. Soriambi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I believe you are born with your freedoms. Intervention is not necessary to provide you with these freedoms, so they are not granted. However they can be taken away.
    I get what you're saying. Perhaps the right to exercise them is what is granted, or the choice to allow you to exercise them.
    -Kevin

    "My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan


    "I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

    RIP, Pete.

  17. #14567

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    I get what you're saying. Perhaps the right to exercise them is what is granted, or the choice to allow you to exercise them.
    That's like saying 'you have been given these freedoms because they haven't taken them away.'

    Freedom can only be taken away or restricted. It doesn't have to be granted.

  18. #14568
    Not fooling anyone. Soriambi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    That's like saying 'you have been given these freedoms because they haven't taken them away.'

    Freedom can only be taken away or restricted. It doesn't have to be granted.
    Fair enough, but for any practical purpose, if somebody's born in North Korea or as a slave in America in 1800, they're not born with their freedoms. Philosophically, perhaps; semantically, maybe. But I think arguing that such a person is "born with their freedoms" ignores the reality of their situation. I'm looking at it purely from a practical standpoint.
    -Kevin

    "My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan


    "I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

    RIP, Pete.

  19. #14569

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Fair enough, but for any practical purpose, if somebody's born in North Korea or as a slave in America in 1800, they're not born with their freedoms. Philosophically, perhaps; semantically, maybe. But I think arguing that such a person is "born with their freedoms" ignores the reality of their situation. I'm looking at it purely from a practical standpoint.
    Your first sentence sums up my stance. Many, probably most, people aren't born with freedoms.

  20. #14570

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Your first sentence sums up my stance. Many, probably most, people aren't born with freedoms.
    Agree. Saying that you are born with your freedoms may be semantically accurate but if you cannot exert those freedoms, how meaningful are they?

  21. #14571
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Fair enough, but for any practical purpose, if somebody's born in North Korea or as a slave in America in 1800, they're not born with their freedoms. Philosophically, perhaps; semantically, maybe. But I think arguing that such a person is "born with their freedoms" ignores the reality of their situation. I'm looking at it purely from a practical standpoint.
    Right. Whether you say the government has the power to grant the freedoms or the government just has the power to take them away doesn't matter much if you don't have them.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  22. #14572

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Trump just invited Duterte to the WH. Just two fascist thugs having a friendly chat, I guess.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile....house.amp.html

    WASHINGTON — President Trump on Saturday invited the president of the Philippines, Rodrigo Duterte, to the White House, embracing an authoritarian leader who is accused of ordering extrajudicial killings of drug suspects and who crudely disparaged Mr. Trump’s predecessor, Barack Obama.

  23. #14573

    Re: President Donald Trump

    The Hill‏Verified account
    @thehill

    Trump aide Sebastian Gorka to leave White House: report http://hill.cm/WKFzGZP

  24. #14574

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    The Hill‏Verified account
    @thehill

    Trump aide Sebastian Gorka to leave White House: report http://hill.cm/WKFzGZP
    Must be a position open at the holocaust center
    CONTRACTS and only CONTRACTS determine how much GMs value players

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (4 members and 3 guests)

  1. NerfBall55

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts