+ Reply to Thread
Page 1836 of 1836 FirstFirst ... 836 1336 1736 1786 1826 1833 1834 1835 1836
Results 45,876 to 45,885 of 45885
  1. #45876
    Get Off My Lawn. Maynerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yeah, but you probably didn’t see anything but Thule. I bet you didn’t get to experience the night life on Disko Island. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disko_Island
    Didn't get to Disko Island, but in addition to Thule, I visited Pituffik (Dundas) Village.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pituffik
    Nobody was home.

    "But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

  2. #45877

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Well, at least our dimwit president gave me an excuse to post the Pogues. Who doesn't like The Pogues?

    (if you don't have an affirmative reply then don't bother answering because you'll be dead to me)
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  3. #45878

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Maybe give it another try. I hear it's melted a bit since you were last there.

    7/19/2019
    Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

  4. #45879

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Well, at least our dimwit president gave me an excuse to post the Pogues. Who doesn't like The Pogues?

    (if you don't have an affirmative reply then don't bother answering because you'll be dead to me)
    I couldn't tell you a single one of their songs. Sorry.

  5. #45880
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I couldn't tell you a single one of their songs. Sorry.
    I used to post their Christmas song every year. The whole not Christmas song I like.

  6. #45881
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Well, at least our dimwit president gave me an excuse to post the Pogues. Who doesn't like The Pogues?

    (if you don't have an affirmative reply then don't bother answering because you'll be dead to me)
    Who wouldn't like a group of English Hooligans playing Irish Punk music that's politically charged?
    Just win!

  7. #45882

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I used to post their Christmas song every year. The whole not Christmas song I like.
    I must've ignored it in the same way I ignore most of what you say.

    (My phone first posted "same" as "sane." That would've worked, too.)

  8. #45883
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Who wouldn't like a group of English Hooligans playing Irish Punk music that's politically charged?
    I don’t know, calling Shane Magowan a hooligan doesn’t quite do justice to Shane Magowan or hooligans.

    "Magowan's Teeth" would be a good name for a rock band, but it would have to be a band that had nobody in it.

  9. #45884
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I must've ignored it in the same way I ignore most of what you say.

    (My phone first posted "same" as "sane." That would've worked, too.)
    Your loss, as usual.

  10. #45885
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Some NSFW language. And yes, they did an album - a great one - called Rum Sodomy and the Lash.

    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts