+ Reply to Thread
Page 1605 of 1605 FirstFirst ... 605 1105 1505 1555 1595 1602 1603 1604 1605
Results 40,101 to 40,106 of 40106

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Sounds like the sort of thing you might be able to get at Michael's. Maybe Home Depot. But I don’t know, Robert Mueller doesn’t seem to have been able to find one so far.
    Witch Hunt!!!!
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979 View Post
    Couple of factors here... one, they're a lot less visible now in Facebook. They used to be like vegans in that you didn't have to ask, they would tell you they support Trump; how much they loved Trump; how much better we are with Trump. Never had to even say the words, "What do you think about Trump?", they just spouted it like they were part of a cult.

They were also all-in on Trump, and so all-in that admitting that they were wrong is not in the offing. They're still friends of mine. They just locked-in on Trump because they were so desperate to have a candidate that they felt spoke for and to them. They dismissed the parts that were unseemly about Trump and saw them as necessary evils because they detested the politics as usual in Washington DC.
    Hard disagree. You don't gloss over such overt racism and misogyny without espousing it yourself on some level. If they still won't renounce that, they're not worth being friends with.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Anybody know where to find a smocking gun?
    Hobby Lobby. It's the only place Trumpian crafters shop.

I treasure what little remains of my own sanity. Besides, he'd probably stiff me on the bill.
    I'd go in on the bill. I'm sure a group of us here could manage the fee. Or you could be a sport and do it free for the benefit of humanity.
    I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.

--Audre Lorde

NYYF Legend

I feel like Trump calling something FAKE NEWS (!!!!) is actually a useful tell. He only seems to label something that way when he knows it is true.

Most things he's just ignorant of or making things up about, but conscious lies he covers with the fake news attack.

NYYF Legend

Sounds like the sort of thing you might be able to get at Michael's. Maybe Home Depot. But I don’t know, Robert Mueller doesn’t seem to have been able to find one so far.
    I'm surprised that he hasn't (as far as I know) misspelled "Mueller" yet, considering it doesn't sound like it's spelled.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Hard disagree. You don't gloss over such overt racism and misogyny without espousing it yourself on some level. If they still won't renounce that, they're not worth being friends with.
    Ironic thing is that the hardest core of the bunch is actually a very nice person. However, SHE is from CANADA. Trump has this rock star allure over them. So much so, I'm convinced that Trump could ax murder a van load of nuns in prime time and still not lose one of their votes. Different standards for him than there are for career politicians. Things that would have careers, only embolden his followers to the cause. Uncanny.
    Ask me about my groin pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979 View Post
    Ironic thing is that the hardest core of the bunch is actually a very nice person. However, SHE is from CANADA. Trump has this rock star allure over them. So much so, I'm convinced that Trump could ax murder a van load of nuns in prime time and still not lose one of their votes. Different standards for him than there are for career politicians. Things that would have careers, only embolden his followers to the cause. Uncanny.
    What's funny, ironic and quite sad is that they're unable to see that Trump doesn't give a crap about them. The only thing he cares about is himself, his family and increasing his wealth and legacy. He doesn't give a damn about this country and what it stands for.

Thread Information