Page 1720 of 1720 FirstFirst ... 720 1220 1620 1670 1710 1717 1718 1719 1720
Results 42,976 to 42,999 of 42999
    NYYF Legend

Re: President Donald Trump

"Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    I remember when Democrats complained about an unending series of investigations.

Times change.
    But Hillary’s emails. Maynerd’s daily jay walking is as bad as murder post
    Thankful to be a fan of a big market team

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Punt.
    Seriously? Clinton was impeached for far less. (And yes, for the record, he's also a sexual predator.)

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi3 View Post
    I don't get the point you're making. He did say exactly that the evidence led to his decision to not make a conclusion on obstruction

If his reasoning was that he found culpable actions, but he couldn't proceed due to legal strictures, why wouldn't he say that ?

bottom line, his decision was based on lack of evidence
    Because he felt that a finding of criminality was inappropriate if he could not bring charges.

Your bottom line is incorrect, period. It is directly contradicted by Mueller's carefully and clearly stated argument.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post
    I think the word you are looking for is spineless.
    Pusillanimous.

Worse. They are abdicating their constitutional responsibility.
    I’ve been making that case for a long time now.

I remember when Democrats complained about an unending series of investigations.

Times change.
    Because everything is the same, except for partisanship.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Seriously? Clinton was impeached for far less. (And yes, for the record, he's also a sexual predator.)

Maybe I'm reading the leaves wrong here, but the long game here could be to wait for a groundswell of support for action. Grassroots-y.

Then the Democrats can claim the mandate.

"Everything is the same" sighting!
    Not saying anything is 'the same.' I'm just saying that the same people who complained incessantly about multiple investigations and hearings into a single issue are now demanding multiple investigations/hearings into a single issue.

So, are we now stating that multiple investigations are acceptable if the incident is above a certain threshold, but not if the incident is below that threshold (non-equivalence)? Who gets to decide where the bar is set?

One politician's transgressions are NOT equivalent to another's. In fact, one politician's transgressions are not equivalent with other transgressions committed by the SAME politician. But, if you complain about one party conducting multiple investigations, perhaps you should refrain from demanding the other party do so.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

Not saying anything is 'the same.' I'm just saying that the same people who complained incessantly about multiple investigations and hearings into a single issue are now demanding multiple investigations/hearings into a single issue.

So, are we now stating that multiple investigations are acceptable if the incident is above a certain threshold, but not if the incident is below that threshold (non-equivalence)? Who gets to decide where the bar is set?

One politician's transgressions are NOT equivalent to another's. In fact, one politician's transgressions are not equivalent with other transgressions committed by the SAME politician. But, if you complain about one party conducting multiple investigations, perhaps you should refrain from demanding the other party do so.
    Your problem is you're viewing this as a L/R thing.

Fix that.

Well, of course there’s a threshold. If they’re not the same, why should they be treated as if they’re the same? Is any investigation the same as every investigation?

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Maybe I'm reading the leaves wrong here, but the long game here could be to wait for a groundswell of support for action. Grassroots-y.

Then the Democrats can claim the mandate.
    LOL, good luck with that

After the failure of the long awaited Mueller report to justify the anticipated perp walking of Trump, the polling against the investigation had plummeted, just like MSNBC's ratings

The effect will be to insulate Trump from scrutiny

Where will that support come from?

Hoyer is reading the tea leaves- time to cut bait
    do ya lak dags ?

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Well, of course there’s a threshold. If they’re not the same, why should they be treated as if they’re the same? Is any investigation the same as every investigation?
    I must have missed where the vitriol about multiple Benghazi investigations included discussion about "the death of four Americans, including an Ambassador, doesn't rise to the level where multiple investigations should occur." All I recall seeing is complaint after complaint about multiple investigations, and the money required to conduct them.

As long as that threshold is firmly defined, and not based at all on political alignment, great. Where do I go to find that firm definition of the non-political criteria for conduct of multiple investigations? Surely it's published somewhere.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

I must have missed where the vitriol about multiple Benghazi investigations included discussion about "the death of four Americans, including an Ambassador, doesn't rise to the level where multiple investigations should occur." All I recall seeing is complaint after complaint about multiple investigations, and the money required to conduct them.

As long as that threshold is firmly defined, and not based at all on political alignment, great. Where do I go to find that firm definition of the non-political criteria for conduct of multiple investigations? Surely it's published somewhere.
    There is no firmly defined threshold, there are no non-political criteria for political judgments, and people who are happy with vanilla ice cream might be unhappy with chocolate. Each thing is defined on its own terms. Either they’re the same thing or they’re not, and they’re not.

I could say the your judgment is clouded by your extreme Clinton hatred, but you will insist that you’re strictly consistent, unlike the rest of us slobs.

You think people dislike trump because of his personal behavior or mannerisms? Noooo. I mean, I'm sure some do but nooooo. It's the policies. The hateful, horrible policies.
    So, what is your basis for saying that the report didn't clear Trump on collusion ?

Seemed pretty emphatic to me-" no American was involved "
    do ya lak dags ?

Another drum I’ve been beating for quite some time:

Charles P. Pierce
    @CharlesPPierce

I hate to say this but if you think the biggest question about the Mueller report is how it will play in 2020 you're not doing your job as a citizen.

5:50 PM · Apr 18, 2019

Another drum I’ve been beating for quite some time:
    Just as being dissapointed that no collusion was found is short sighted
    do ya lak dags ?

Just as being dissapointed that no collusion was found is short sighted
    Did I say I was disappointed? I’ve been saying at least since the midterms that the case for impeachment hearings on obstruction wasthere already, and that - regardless of whether it would pass the Senate or not - those hearings, at least, were a constitutional responsibility.

So, what is your basis for saying that the report didn't clear Trump on collusion ?

Seemed pretty emphatic to me-" no American was involved "
    Collusion does not have a legal meaning.

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/18/184849...p-no-collusion

The report is very clear that Mueller’s investigation did not establish that the Trump campaign criminally conspired on illegal Russian election interference, or that it coordinated with Russia through either an active or tacit agreement.

But the report, combined with other publicly known facts — that Donald Trump Jr. arranged a meeting with the express purpose of obtaining Russian “dirt” on Clinton, and that Papadopoulos was offered similar dirt from a Russian agent, among others — paints a damning picture of the campaign. It was both actively seeking to cultivate a relationship with the Russian government and willing to work with it to acquire damaging information about its political opponents. That willingness included explicitly sharing information with or soliciting information from Russian operatives.

As the report takes pains to point out, “collusion” has no legal definition and is not a federal crime. So while the report did not establish conspiracy or coordination, it does not make a determination on “collusion” — and in fact, it strongly suggests that there was at least an attempt to collude by Trump’s campaign and agents of the Russian government.

The fact that it did not rise to the level of criminal activity does not mean it was not a serious breach of trust and a damning indictment of the president’s commitment to the health of the American legal and political system.
    Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

NYYF Legend

People have been run from this board for less obvious trolling than this.

Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

Yeah, that’s closer to the mark.

I was watching a video from 1999 where Lindsey Graham was on the Senate floor perfectly outlining the case for impeaching Trump. I’ll have to try to embed it.

From the “When your attempts at diplomacy are done by people with zero diplomatic skill” file, North Korea is asking for Pompeo to be replaced in future talks.

Pusillanimous.
    Drumpf would think that had something to do with pussy grabbing.

Thread Information