+ Reply to Thread
Page 1601 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 601 1101 1501 1551 1591 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 ... LastLast
Results 40,001 to 40,025 of 40150

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    What is a matter of opinion is whether those facts will result in Pence being removed from office, or even threatened with it. I’ll make any forum-based wager that when the 2020 election comes around, the House Judiciary Committee will not even have held hearings on articles of impeachment for Pence.
    Yeah, this is just blatantly obvious to me. I think the odds of Trump not still being President in 2020 are extremely long. The odds of both Trump and Pence being gone by then by resignation or removal are not even on the board.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I think we should right this wrong and have a National Day of Mourning for President J Edgar Hoover.

Wait.... Oh, he only thought he was the President.
    Ahh, Herbert Hoover.

I think we should right this wrong and have a National Day of Mourning for President Herbert Hoover. It's not too late. It's never too late. Let us honor and mourn for this man.
    I suspect one reason Hoover didn't get a National Day of Mourning is that when he passed, most peoples' reactions were likely along the lines of "I didn't know he was even still around."

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    I suspect one reason Hoover didn't get a National Day of Mourning is that when he passed, most peoples' reactions were likely along the lines of "I didn't know he was even still around."
    Terrible.

Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again.
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

Terrible.

Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again.
    Didn't need no welfare state
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Yeah, by the time he died, nobody had noticed him in more than 30 years.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Didn't need no welfare state
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

Those were the days.
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    If there is any remaining doubt about Pence’s culpability in obstruction of justice, the above makes it abundantly clear that Mueller is targeting him and that he will be taken down along with Trump.
    It’s also important to note that “Flynn lied to Pence” initially came from the White House. Pence was the head of the transition team when Flynn was making several overtures to Russia on behalf of that team.

Not exactly on point here, but whatever. It still rules hard:

Quote Originally Posted by George Will
    Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic. Pence is what he has chosen to be, which is horrifying.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

So that’s a LaSalle? Did you own one of those, Muggs?
    Let the kids play.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

In news that should surprise nobody, Trump's golf course in Bedminster is staffed by undocumented immigrants.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/06/u...d-workers.html

During more than five years as a housekeeper at the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J., Victorina Morales has made Donald J. Trump’s bed, cleaned his toilet and dusted his crystal golf trophies. When he visited as president, she was directed to wear a pin in the shape of the American flag adorned with a Secret Service logo.

Because of the “outstanding” support she has provided during Mr. Trump’s visits, Ms. Morales in July was given a certificate from the White House Communications Agency inscribed with her name.

Quite an achievement for an undocumented immigrant housekeeper.

Ms. Morales’s journey from cultivating corn in rural Guatemala to fluffing pillows at an exclusive golf resort took her from the southwest border, where she said she crossed illegally in 1999, to the horse country of New Jersey, where she was hired at the Trump property in 2013 with documents she said were phony.

This is just sickening!

Republicans push new $25 billion bill to fund Trump's wall - by tightening access to programs like from low income families.

Source: Raw Story

DAVID BADASH, THE NEW CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT
    06 DEC 2018 AT 12:42 ET

Four Republican Senators, including Ted Cruz of Texas and Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma, are introducing the WALL Act, a new bill that would authorize $25 billion to fully-fund President Trump’s border wall.

There are no direct offsets – known as “PAYGO” – in the legislation to pay for a wall many consider both unnecessary and racist. But the bill would attempt to squeeze $25 billion from immigrant and low-income parents and workers, including those who receive federal benefits like food stamps.

Instead of taking the funds directly from elsewhere in the federal budget, according to a statement from Senator Cruz, the wall would be funded by tightening requirements of government programs for low-income workers.

Among them, the Child Tax Credit and the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
    Other federal programs, like food stamps, would require recipients to prove citizenship.

Those who cannot prove they meet the new standards, namely, that they are U.S. citizens or legally permitted to receive benefits, would be kicked out of the programs. Others who are eligible but fearful of the new regulations may also neglect to collect them. And some may not learn they need to produce proof.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/rep...e-food-stamps/

Where did that "Mexico will pay for the wall go?"
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Oreck?
    Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    In news that should surprise nobody, Trump's golf course in Bedminster is staffed by undocumented immigrants.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/06/u...d-workers.html
    L O L
    I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.

--Audre Lorde

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yeah, by the time he died, nobody had noticed him in more than 30 years.
    Presidents noticed him, he was a pretty trusted adviser to both Truman and Eisenhower (he never did get along with FDR). See "Hoover Commission."

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    I’m saying that he’ll be taken down by the summer.

Trump’s ability to survive to the extent that he has in his career has been by recognizing when he has a losing hand and folding his cards as he did in his multiple bankruptcies and in his out of court settlements, the Trump University case being the most recent example.

The only way for Trump to survive this is to negotiate the best deal he can in exchange for his resignation, which is the only leverage he has. If he refuses to do so and stays in office, he will be prosecuted as soon as he leaves office with the result being that he will lose everything including his freedom. He’ll take the same path that Nixon did. Doing anything else would be suicide.
    I don't see anything in your reply that if Trump is still in office on June 2019, that you would admit your error. Will you do so or not?
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Aretha Franklin; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J; Smokin' Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    I don't see anything in your reply that if Trump is still in office on June 2019, that you would admit your error. Will you do so or not?
    He's speculating. Is it your intent to rub his speculation in his face should Trump actually remain in office come next June?

No?

Then why make such a weird stipulation?

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    He's speculating. Is it your intent to rub his speculation in his face should Trump actually remain in office come next June?

No?

I expect that if Individual 1 is still in office next summer, Bill Marsh will acknowledge that Individual 1 is still in office.

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post

No?

You're a weird stipulation.
    I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.

--Audre Lorde

I think it's really difficult to draw comparisons to Nixon, who was about 8 trillion light years (I just made that a measure of intelligence ) smarter than Drumpf. Drumpf may have him beaten on the corruption scale, but certainly not on the brains scale.

--Audre Lorde

Donald Trump...President of the United States at 10:30PM
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...77666654519297
    FAKE NEWS - THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!
    CNN...11:30PM
    https://twitter.com/CNNPR/status/1070899292632727552
    There has been a bomb threat phoned into the CNN offices in NY. Employees have been evacuated and the NYPD is investigating. More info to follow as it becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    You're a weird stipulation.
    No left turn unstoned!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...79369432850433
    Arizona, together with our Military and Border Patrol, is bracing for a massive surge at a NON-WALLED area. WE WILL NOT LET THEM THROUGH. Big danger. Nancy and Chuck must approve Boarder Security and the Wall!
    1) There is something seriously wrong and broken with this man.
    2) The President can't spell border.

The man has been busy on twitter last night and this morning. I think he's a tad nervous.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    The man has been busy on twitter last night and this morning. I think he's a tad nervous.
    https://twitter.com/BrianKarem/statu...27041330442240
    How fearful are Administration officials of Mueller? “If the president had a dog the dog would lawyer up,” I was told.
    And, I think we can close twitter down because we have a winner.
    https://twitter.com/MyChickenDinner/...16748532137984

If Donald Trump wanted Hillary Clinton locked up, he should have hired her to work on his campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...79369432850433

1) There is something seriously wrong and broken with this man.
    2) The President can't spell border.
    Maybe he’s asking for tighter regulations protecting Air bnb users.

Donald J. Trump Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Mike Pompeo is doing a great job, I am very proud of him. His predecessor, Rex Tillerson, didn’t have the mental capacity needed. He was dumb as a rock and I couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. He was lazy as hell. Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State!
    Well okay then.
    Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing. ~Arundhati Roy

Thread Information