+ Reply to Thread
Page 2167 of 2168 FirstFirst ... 1167 1667 2067 2117 2157 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 LastLast
Results 54,151 to 54,175 of 54191
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    There's an ingenious website that donates to grassroots, Black-led organizations to help defeat him and elect Democrats every time he tweets. You can choose to donate a penny, 5 cents, 10 cents, or whatever amount you want, for every one of his tweets. They've raised almost $2M. Check it out:

https://defeatbytweet.org/
    That's brilliant.

NYYF Legend

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/616345/

Christopher Nolanís Tenet was supposed to be a boon for movie theaters, a light in the darkness after the coronavirus pandemic shut down cinemas for months. Here was an original film from a beloved director, one of the biggest titles of our postponed summer-movie seasonósurely this would be enough to lure people back to the big screen. Around the world, thatís proven largely true: Over three weeks, Tenet has made more than $207 million globally, a healthy number given the circumstances. But in the United States, the Warner Bros. film has grossed less than $30 million since August 31óa number so low that itís scaring other major movies off the release schedule. Now the question isnít whether theaters can return to normalcy, but whether they can survive this pandemic at all.

Please note that this movie did reasonably well overseas where they did a much better job with the virus and failed miserably here. Had we done what was needed as the rest of the world did, we too could have nice things.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post

Christopher Nolanís Tenet was supposed to be a boon for movie theaters, a light in the darkness after the coronavirus pandemic shut down cinemas for months. Here was an original film from a beloved director, one of the biggest titles of our postponed summer-movie seasonósurely this would be enough to lure people back to the big screen. Around the world, thatís proven largely true: Over three weeks, Tenet has made more than $207 million globally, a healthy number given the circumstances. But in the United States, the Warner Bros. film has grossed less than $30 million since August 31óa number so low that itís scaring other major movies off the release schedule. Now the question isnít whether theaters can return to normalcy, but whether they can survive this pandemic at all.

Please note that this movie did reasonably well overseas where they did a much better job with the virus and failed miserably here. Had we done what was needed as the rest of the world did, we too could have nice things.
    I wonder if the fact that Tenet also appears to be one of Nolan's weaker movies is affecting turnout as well. Almost as if people in the US are saying "I'd love to go to a movie theater but I'm not risking my life for a so-so movie".
    Stay "We" my friends

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I wonder if the fact that Tenet also appears to be one of Nolan's weaker movies is affecting turnout as well. Almost as if people in the US are saying "I'd love to go to a movie theater but I'm not risking my life for a so-so movie".
    I am a movie fanatic. If they showed anything after six months away I would go. Also I would agree if not for the disparity between how it did here vs overseas. I used to go to 1-2 movies each week. Member of AMCís A-List program which allows you to see 3 movies a week for $25 per month. Had to cancel. While this may be one of his weaker films the donít think that is why it did $210 million overseas and under $30 million here.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post

Well, we suck at virus control, so...
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Well, we suck at virus control, so...
    We're never going to get past this because of people like this....

This is where I lost it when some white woman said this, on camera:
    "When George Floyd was saying 'I can't breathe,' and then he died, and now we're wearing a mask and w'e're saying 'I can't breathe,' but we're being forced to wear them."

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post

Some white women are really something else, man. What gets me is the number of children at that rally, including the one clearly coached into reciting debunked talking points about COVID.
    Stay "We" my friends

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/p...=snd-autopilot

When asked if he was worried about getting the virus during an indoor rally, Trump said he isn't ďBecause you know why, Iím on a stage, itís very far away, so Iím not at all concerned.Ē

More proof he could care less about his supporters and he knows that indoor rallies could be superspreader events, but he'll be fine so that's all that matters.

How the hell does anybody still support this monster/clown?

Goddamn her.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Some white women are really something else, man. What gets me is the number of children at that rally, including the one clearly coached into reciting debunked talking points about COVID.
    Not only was that George Floyd analogy misguided and insulting, it might also be the dumbest thing I ever heard.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF HOF

Goddamn her.
    People like this are why I am so concerned about conservatives in this country. The extremes of both parties are scary, the anti-mask groups seem to be overwhelmingly right-wing and it seems that the entire middle to far right is so focused on the "social" aspects of righty-ness. An entire group of people is forgetting that the focus is supposed to be fiscal responsibility. It sucks.
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

Routinely wishing bad mojo on the Bruins.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Not only was that George Floyd analogy misguided and insulting, it might also be the dumbest thing I ever heard.
    Jimmy Kimmel echoed those exact sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by ruthianblast View Post
    People like this are why I am so concerned about conservatives in this country. The extremes of both parties are scary, the anti-mask groups seem to be overwhelmingly right-wing and it seems that the entire middle to far right is so focused on the "social" aspects of righty-ness. An entire group of people is forgetting that the focus is supposed to be fiscal responsibility. It sucks.
    Don't worry, the second there's a Democrat in the White House they'll all become overwhelmingly concerned about the debt and spending.

NYYF HOF

Don't worry, the second there's a Democrat in the White House they'll all become overwhelmingly concerned about the debt and spending.
    I can only hope
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

Routinely wishing bad mojo on the Bruins.

lol what a dink. Not having Fox ask you about your favorite color is challenging.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ruthianblast View Post
    You're assuming these people are actually conservatives. Maybe they are in the sense that they want America to go back to the 1950s, but we've seen little evidence that there's any kind of consistent ideology that drives them (beyond cult worship).

Death Star Fully Operational

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    lol what a dink. Not having Fox ask you about your favorite color is challenging.
    Yup, Trump got his head handed to him last night when he didn't have Trump sycophants or supporters asking him real questions about their reality and how is he going to help them.
    NYYFANS: Cashman/persona non-grata

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Yup, Trump got his head handed to him last night when he didn't have Trump sycophants or supporters asking him real questions about their reality and how is he going to help them.
    I enjoyed when he tried to blame Biden for not instituting a nationwide mask mandate.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    This twitter thread shows a good chunk of his lies and embarrassing answers and nonanswers. Well worth watching them. The man is clueless.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...661620225?s=20
    I expect this Trump ABC town hall to be bonkers because heís completely incapable of discussing policy but he rarely talks in forums where people are able to press him

Death Star Fully Operational

I enjoyed when he tried to blame Biden for not instituting a nationwide mask mandate.
    The dude never accepts any responsibility unless it's a win for him. If we didn't know any better, you would think Biden is the current POTUS and not Trump based on Trump blaming him for all the nation's ills.
    NYYFANS: Cashman/persona non-grata

The American Independent@AmerIndependent
    Praising his own virus response as deaths near 200,000, Trump says, "if you take the blue states out, we're at a level I don't think anybody in the world would be at."
    Appalling. What a repulsive human being.
    dolly could do the allegory of the cave but plato couldnít do jolene

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    It's also untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    As someone on twitter pointed out, if you take out the blue states, the South won the Civil War.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    As someone on twitter pointed out, if you take out the blue states, the South won the Civil War.
    Now let's remove the blue states from the economic numbers

I guess blue lives don't matter after all.

Thread Information