+ Reply to Thread
Page 551 of 1117 FirstFirst ... 51 451 501 541 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 561 601 651 1051 ... LastLast
Results 13,751 to 13,775 of 27918

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    They obviously aren't exempt but DACA came to exist under the President's authority which allows for discretion in enforcement of immigration cases.
    I was speaking to the larger issue and not DACA folks specifically.

Todd Ricketts has withdrawn his nomination as deputy commerce secretary, officials said Wednesday, becoming the latest casualty of President Donald Trump's early wave of high-ranking staff selections who stepped aside before being confirmed to serve in the administration.

Ricketts, whose family owns the Chicago Cubs and spent about $1 million in helping to elect Trump, struggled to reconcile his family's complicated finances with the Office of Government Ethics.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/19/politi...ent/index.html

Too bad he didn't apply for President.

A Mexican mother of four U.S.-born children faced imminent deportation Tuesday after a federal appeals court refused to block her removal.

The Cincinnati-based 6th U.S. Circuit Court of appeals granted the Justice Department’s request to dismiss the appeal by Maribel Trujillo Diaz. The terse ruling by a three-judge panel says her bid for court intervention wasn’t timely, noting she had been subject to a final order of removal since 2014.

Immigration officials have contended Trujillo Diaz entered the United States illegally in 2002 and had exhausted her appeals.
    It looks like she has just been going through the process.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/maribel-...born-children/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    It looks like she has just been going through the process.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/maribel-...born-children/
    It is a very slippery slope. I understand the calls to allow the undocumented person to go through the legal process. But when an undocumented person is ordered by a immigration judge to leave the country, and they still refuse- then what is the US government to do? Just because someone has children, that should shield an undocumented from being deported?

I understand the answer if you support open borders. But for others, at which point can the government decide you need to leave the US?
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    It is a very slippery slope. I understand the calls to allow the undocumented person to go through the legal process. But when an undocumented person is ordered by a immigration judge to leave the country, and they still refuse- then what is the US government to do? Just because someone has children, that should shield an undocumented from being deported?

I understand the answer if you support open borders. But for others, at which point can the government decide you need to leave the US?
    It's pretty simple to me.

There's a process to come here. Follow it, or take your chances on being deported somewhere down the line.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    Malicious incompetence.
    I concur......but then again it was good optics at the time......why change the storyline................of course now you look like Ass-hats......and makes great templates for memes.....

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

US President Donald Trump said he was sending "an armada" to Korean waters to potentially deal with threats from Pyongyang.

But its no-show has caused some South Koreans to question his leadership and strategy regarding their unpredictable neighbor in the north.
    South Korean media also seized on the conflicting reports on Trump's "armada" -- led by the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson.

One newspaper headline called it Trump's "Carl Vinson lie," and speculated that the Russian and Chinese leaders must have had a good laugh at its absence.

Meant to present a robust defense against a potential nuclear test by Pyongyang, the report likened the bluff to North Korea's shows of force, where "fake missiles" are paraded through the streets of the North Korean capital.

"Like North Korea, which is often accused of displaying fake missiles during military parades, is the United States, too, now employing 'bluffing' as its North Korea policy?" it asked.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/asia/s...son/index.html

#MAGA

simple fallout of decreased trust in u.s. within korea, from a regional analyst

leftwing koreans think there is even less reason to risk korean position and interests for u.s. geopolitical objectives.

rightwing koreans think they need nukes, which in turn is highly destabilizing.

Suspended

The election in a couple weeks should help sort out the stronger side.

traditional u.s. ally is the establishment/rightwing party, which had to change its name because the president got impeached. it's also becoming more rightwing as reliance on religious elements increase.

when your party needs a rebranding by changing its name altogether, it isn't looking so hot.

the guy who is expected to win is kind of like a mainstream democrat, so it's looking fairly rosy as a whole. but trump isn't helping things

https://thinkprogress.org/mike-pence...g-4416f20192f9

The Trump administration may have fibbed about sending an aircraft carrier strike group to the Korean peninsula to deter North Korea, but they did send Vice President Mike Pence’s face.

On Monday, Pence visited the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) bordering North and South Korea. The Washington Post reports that although Pence wasn’t supposed to step outside, he did anyway.
    Why? So North Koreans could get a load of him deploying his mean face in their direction.

“I thought it was important that we went outside,” Pence said, according to the Post. “I thought it was important that people on the other side of the DMZ see our resolve in my face.”
    Damn if I don't feel better about NK already!

https://thinkprogress.org/mike-pence...g-4416f20192f9

Damn if I don't feel better about NK already!

Can he stay right there if they actually do launch a missle?

To block it, I mean. WIth his Pence Face.

eh

the short to medium term danger is trump doing a bad deal with china because he got bluffed too hard.

one could argue in destroying our strategy on china that deal has already been done, and the nk stuff is mere cover.

trillions worth of american r&d, stolen by PLA trained hackers, and trump isn't doing anything.

priorities, or fake priorities?

here is how i see this going down.

china, in exchange for calming the dog it had riled up, gets a deal that,

will piss off south korea by being bilateral rather than 6 party talks or three party.
    allow build-up of nk economy in exchange for nuclear disarmament, but unenforced.
    undermine u.s. political commitment to region by taking away key public reason for said involvement
    promise of silence on various trade/investment issues, such as ip theft described above, allow for tech-market access exchange etc.

a mix of isolationists and conspiracy theorists will of course applaud the deal, colored as good for them by inflexible and harsh response from the foreign policy establishment, which must of course be evil

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Well too bad. If they have a problem with their own history, that's their problem.

If some world leader somewhere mentioned in an article how the US was once under English rule, should we feel insulted?
    He said they were "part of China." Being conquered and forced to pay tribute is not the same thing. It means they had to pay China not to kick their ass again, but they weren't part of China. "Nice country you got there, it would be a shame if something happened to it..."
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Not surprised one bit.

Conference of psychiatrists at Yale University: Trump has 'dangerous mental illness'.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7694316.html

Speaking at the conference at Yale’s School of Medicine on Thursday, one of the mental health professionals, Dr John Gartner, a practising psychotherapist who advised psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School, said: “We have an ethical responsibility to warn the public about Donald Trump's dangerous mental illness.”

“Worse than just being a liar or a narcissist, in addition he is paranoid, delusional and grandiose thinking and he proved that to the country the first day he was President. If Donald Trump really believes he had the largest crowd size in history, that’s delusional,” he added.

James Gilligan, a psychiatrist and professor at New York University, told the conference he had worked some of the “most dangerous people in society”, including murderers and rapists — but that he was convinced by the “dangerousness” of Mr Trump.

“I’ve worked with some of the most dangerous people our society produces, directing mental health programmes in prisons,” he said.

“I’ve worked with murderers and rapists. I can recognise dangerousness from a mile away. You don’t have to be an expert on dangerousness or spend fifty years studying it like I have in order to know how dangerous this man is.”

The petition has so far garnered more than 41,000 signatures.

It states: “We, the undersigned mental health professionals (please state your degree), believe in our professional judgment that Donald Trump manifests a serious mental illness that renders him psychologically incapable of competently discharging the duties of President of the United States.

“And we respectfully request he be removed from office, according to article 4 of the 25th amendment to the Constitution, which states that the president will be replaced if he is 'unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office'."

Responding to the criticism, Dr Gartner said: “This notion that you need to personally interview someone to form a diagnosis actually doesn’t make a whole lotta sense. For one thing, research shows that the psychiatric interview is the least statistical reliable way to make a diagnosis.”
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    Responding to the criticism, Dr Gartner said: “This notion that you need to personally interview someone to form a diagnosis actually doesn’t make a whole lotta sense. For one thing, research shows that the psychiatric interview is the least statistical reliable way to make a diagnosis.”

Ah, but by watching someone on TV, you can form a much more reliable diagnosis of "dangerous mental illness."

I'd be interested in seeing the research that shows that the psychiatric interview is a less statistically reliable way of making a diagnosis than, say, examining bird entrails.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Ah, but by watching someone on TV, you can form a much more reliable diagnosis of "dangerous mental illness."
    Sure, and if someone says they had the biggest inaugural crowd in history, when they didn't, it's obvious they're delusional, and therefore unfit for the Presidency.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Sure, and if someone says they had the biggest inaugural crowd in history, when they didn't, it's obvious they're delusional, and therefore unfit for the Presidency.
    In and of itself, no. Add the other 100 or so proclamations/statements/whatever and you should have enough evidence to reach a valid conclusion. I was pretty much convinced after the electoral landslide statement, but I'm not a professional so it doesn't count.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    In and of itself, no. Add the other 100 or so proclamations/statements/whatever and you should have enough evidence to reach a valid conclusion. I was pretty much convinced after the electoral landslide statement, but I'm not a professional so it doesn't count.
    But does being a pathological liar make someone unfit for the presidency? Maybe he just wants to leave a legacy of tall tales as a warning to future generations.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    People make stupid statements. When they are one off we usually laugh and move on. When it's a pattern well that's different.

At least someone told me that about Hillary once upon a time.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

But does being a pathological liar make someone unfit for the presidency?
    Judging by our current commander in chief I have to go with - no.
    Baseball is life;

But does being a pathological liar make someone unfit for the presidency?
    i would say yes to that. thankfully clinton never got the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Judging by our current commander in chief I have to go with - no.
    I'd say yes. He's just not unfit enough to be removed from office. Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by KLJ View Post
    i would say yes to that. thankfully clinton never got the chance.
    Awww. Are you one of those poor, sad souls that believes what Trump says? I'm sorry.

NYYF Legend

Awww. Are you one of those poor, sad souls that believes what Trump says? I'm sorry.
    KLJ is great believer in all things Trump.
    Baseball is life;

Thread Information