+ Reply to Thread
Page 807 of 1494 FirstFirst ... 307 707 757 797 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 817 857 907 1307 ... LastLast
Results 20,151 to 20,175 of 37338
    Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Simple-- I didn't say most of that.
    State what you mean, and mean it when you say it because playing cute isn't a good look for you.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    State what you mean, and mean it when you say it because playing cute isn't a good look for you.
    I can't prevent people from making up things I didn't say.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    The cartoon is pretty stupid. The media was all over Clinton.
    Wait, Hillary had e-mail issues? I've never had a word about that. Wow.
    "A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."
    -- Declaration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Wait, Hillary had e-mail issues? I've never had a word about that. Wow.
    It's a cartoon and you still don't understand it.

I can't prevent people from making up things I didn't say.
    That's true. You didn't actually say anything. You posted a cartoon and said nobody understands it. Why don't you say what you were trying to say?

It's a cartoon and you still don't understand it.
    Ok, broski.
    "A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."
    -- Declaration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Ok, broski.
    I asked you before-- what do you mean by that?

If you have something to say, say it.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    That's true. You didn't actually say anything. You posted a cartoon and said nobody understands it. Why don't you say what you were trying to say?
    I didn't say nobody understands it.

There you go again.

I didn't say nobody understands it.

There you go again.
    I'm sorry, everybody whos commented on it fails to understand it. If you have a point to make, why not make it? I'm used to arguments that aren't just backed up, but made in the first place.

I'm sorry, everybody whos commented on it fails to understand it. If you have a point to make, why not make it? I'm used to arguments that aren't just backed up, but made in the first place.
    You're doing that thing again where you blame the other person when you got something wrong.

It's not that deep. Figure it out.

Or don't. It's not that big of a deal. It's a cartoon.

You're doing that thing again where you blame the other person when you got something wrong.

You posted a cartoon. What explanation you gave was about the media.

I'll say again, if you have a point, make it. If you don't have anything to contribute, that's fine too. You don't need to make it personal, just make it about the cartoon. Or don't.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

You posted a cartoon. What explanation you gave was about the media.

I'll say again, if you have a point, make it. If you don't have anything to contribute, that's fine too. You don't need to make it personal, just make it about the cartoon. Or don't.
    Did you not understand the cartoon?

Is that what you want? You want me to explain the cartoon to you?

Did you not understand the cartoon?

Is that what you want? You want me to explain the cartoon to you?
    I want you to explain the point you were trying to make with it.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

I want you to explain the point you were trying to make with it.
    I posted a cartoon, not a dissertation.

It's pretty self explanatory.

I posted a cartoon, not a dissertation.

It's pretty self explanatory.
    If you can't explain it, you might want to stop telling people they don't understand it.

I'm done now. You've spent two or three pages saying nothing, I'm not going to engage with that.
    - Barry Manilow

If you can't explain it, you might want to stop telling people they don't understand it.
    I'll tell people they don't understand it if they misinterpret it's meaning.

Do you not understand it? Is that the problem?

If so, I apologize for embarrassing you this way.

I'll try to post simpler cartoons from now on.

I'm done now. You've spent two or three pages saying nothing, I'm not going to engage with that.
    No, you've spent two pages playing dumb about a cartoon when you got called out on creating a strawman argument.

If you don't understand the cartoon, say so.

If you disagree with it, say so.

But don't act like you had some higher purpose other than your usual 'not admitting when you were wrong' routine.

I'll tell people they don't understand it if they misinterpret it's meaning.

Do you not understand it? Is that the problem?

If so, I apologize for embarrassing you this way.

I'll try to post simpler cartoons from now on.
    Or you could just say things instead of posting cartoons that apparently don't say them very well for you. I thought the cartoon was obvious, just pointless and stupid and wrong. I have faith in you to do better than that.
    - Barry Manilow

Or you could just say things instead of posting cartoons that apparently don't say them very well for you. I thought the cartoon was obvious, just pointless and stupid and wrong. I have faith in you to do better than that.
    So you understood the cartoon, just didn't like it or agree with it. Apparently it got it's message across without needing to be explained. Imagine that.

Just learn to admit when you're wrong.

It's not that big of a deal. Most pick it up as children.

Nice is different than good. Texsahara's Avatar

Sounds like you got it perfectly. Revisionist history and "but Hillary" in pictures.

Reject Fascism

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Sounds like you got it perfectly. Revisionist history and "but Hillary" in pictures.
    In other words, more of the same.
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

Not really.

I'm used to the person I'm arguing against actually backing up their arguments.

Oh well..

So you understood the cartoon, just didn't like it or agree with it. Apparently it got it's message across without needing to be explained. Imagine that.

Just learn to admit when you're wrong.

It's not that big of a deal. Most pick it up as children.
    What are you talking about? Is this just insulting for its own sake? I still think I represented it more or less accurately, just with embellishment. I asked what you were trying to say with it, but you apparently posted it for no other reason than to act like a dick for a few pages, since you've said not a damn thing otherwise. Well done. Glad to have you here.

What are you talking about? Is this just insulting for its own sake? I still think I represented it more or less accurately, just with embellishment. I asked what you were trying to say with it, but you apparently posted it for no other reason than to act like a dick for a few pages, since you've said not a damn thing otherwise. Well done. Glad to have you here.
    It's pretty simple, but I'll lay it out anyway:

I posted a cartoon.

You made up a snarky strawman post about what I was trying to say:

Don't you understand, Tex? What actually happened doesn't matter. The million lies that were told - with no end in sight - don't matter. The fact that the Russians did everything thing they could to f**k with our electoral process - with no end in sight - doesn't matter. DJ meeting with the specific purpose of getting info from the Russian government about Hillary doesn't matter. It's all about the media, don't you know?
    Except I said I didn't say any of that, so I said so. Instead of acknowledging this, you claim to not know what I was trying to say. Suddenly you don't understand the cartoon and you didn't make up a bunch of nonsense-- it was my fault for not being clear. Which we both know is BS.

So in your following posts you are pressing me to explain my 'argument' (which was not an argument but a cartoon). But if I did that, I would be accepting your BS premise that my 'argument' (again, a cartoon) was unclear and that the fault in your posting made up nonsense was mine.

But I didn't. So we went for two pages of you pressing me to explain a simple cartoon because your ego won't allow you to admit you were wrong.

And what happened when I didn't explain it? You suddenly and miraculously understood it! Praise Jesus. But you couldn't say just that at this point. It still had to be somehow my fault:

Now who was acting like a dick?

It's pretty simple, but I'll lay it out anyway:

I posted a cartoon.

You made up a snarky strawman post about what I was trying to say:

Except I said I didn't say any of that, so I said so. Instead of acknowledging this, you claim to not know what I was trying to say. Suddenly you don't understand the cartoon and you didn't make up a bunch of nonsense-- it was my fault for not being clear. Which we both know is BS.

So in your following posts you are pressing me to explain my 'argument' (which was not an argument but a cartoon). But if I did that, I would be accepting your BS premise that my 'argument' (again, a cartoon) was unclear and that the fault in your posting made up nonsense was mine.

But I didn't. So we went for two pages of you pressing me to explain a simple cartoon because your ego won't allow you to admit you were wrong.

And what happened when I didn't explain it? You suddenly and miraculously understood it! Praise Jesus. But you couldn't say just that at this point. It still had to be somehow my fault:
    Now I'm a bit confused.

1. Have you not essentially said that the Russians trying to meddle in the election and Trump Jr.'s meeting don't matter, or at the very least tried to minimize or normalize them at every opportunity? That's certainly the impression I've gotten. You weren't necessarily saying it in that post, but that's my understanding of your overall arguments over the past several months.

2. I don't think asking you the point you were trying to make with the cartoon was unfair. You as much as anyone ask people to argue or clarify their points and explain what they mean (justifiably), so it seemed fair to me to ask you to do the same. I think trying to suggest that a cartoon in this case was not an argument is disingenuous. You didn't post a Garfield comic strip. You posted a cartoon with a political point and message. I think it is fair to assume that you agree with the argument the cartoon is making unless you say otherwise.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Thread Information