+ Reply to Thread
Page 808 of 1093 FirstFirst ... 308 708 758 798 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 818 858 908 ... LastLast
Results 20,176 to 20,200 of 27321
  1. #20176

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    What are you talking about? Is this just insulting for its own sake? I still think I represented it more or less accurately, just with embellishment. I asked what you were trying to say with it, but you apparently posted it for no other reason than to act like a dick for a few pages, since you've said not a damn thing otherwise. Well done. Glad to have you here.
    It's pretty simple, but I'll lay it out anyway:

    I posted a cartoon.

    You made up a snarky strawman post about what I was trying to say:

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Don't you understand, Tex? What actually happened doesn't matter. The million lies that were told - with no end in sight - don't matter. The fact that the Russians did everything thing they could to f**k with our electoral process - with no end in sight - doesn't matter. DJ meeting with the specific purpose of getting info from the Russian government about Hillary doesn't matter. It's all about the media, don't you know?
    Except I said I didn't say any of that, so I said so. Instead of acknowledging this, you claim to not know what I was trying to say. Suddenly you don't understand the cartoon and you didn't make up a bunch of nonsense-- it was my fault for not being clear. Which we both know is BS.

    So in your following posts you are pressing me to explain my 'argument' (which was not an argument but a cartoon). But if I did that, I would be accepting your BS premise that my 'argument' (again, a cartoon) was unclear and that the fault in your posting made up nonsense was mine.

    But I didn't. So we went for two pages of you pressing me to explain a simple cartoon because your ego won't allow you to admit you were wrong.

    And what happened when I didn't explain it? You suddenly and miraculously understood it! Praise Jesus. But you couldn't say just that at this point. It still had to be somehow my fault:

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Or you could just say things instead of posting cartoons that apparently don't say them very well for you. I thought the cartoon was obvious, just pointless and stupid and wrong. I have faith in you to do better than that.
    Now who was acting like a dick?

  2. #20177
    Not fooling anyone. Soriambi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    It's pretty simple, but I'll lay it out anyway:

    I posted a cartoon.

    You made up a snarky strawman post about what I was trying to say:



    Except I said I didn't say any of that, so I said so. Instead of acknowledging this, you claim to not know what I was trying to say. Suddenly you don't understand the cartoon and you didn't make up a bunch of nonsense-- it was my fault for not being clear. Which we both know is BS.

    So in your following posts you are pressing me to explain my 'argument' (which was not an argument but a cartoon). But if I did that, I would be accepting your BS premise that my 'argument' (again, a cartoon) was unclear and that the fault in your posting made up nonsense was mine.

    But I didn't. So we went for two pages of you pressing me to explain a simple cartoon because your ego won't allow you to admit you were wrong.

    And what happened when I didn't explain it? You suddenly and miraculously understood it! Praise Jesus. But you couldn't say just that at this point. It still had to be somehow my fault:
    Now I'm a bit confused.

    1. Have you not essentially said that the Russians trying to meddle in the election and Trump Jr.'s meeting don't matter, or at the very least tried to minimize or normalize them at every opportunity? That's certainly the impression I've gotten. You weren't necessarily saying it in that post, but that's my understanding of your overall arguments over the past several months.

    2. I don't think asking you the point you were trying to make with the cartoon was unfair. You as much as anyone ask people to argue or clarify their points and explain what they mean (justifiably), so it seemed fair to me to ask you to do the same. I think trying to suggest that a cartoon in this case was not an argument is disingenuous. You didn't post a Garfield comic strip. You posted a cartoon with a political point and message. I think it is fair to assume that you agree with the argument the cartoon is making unless you say otherwise.
    -Kevin

    "My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan


    "I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

    RIP, Pete.

  3. #20178

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Now I'm a bit confused.

    1. Have you not essentially said that the Russians trying to meddle in the election and Trump Jr.'s meeting don't matter, or at the very least tried to minimize or normalize them at every opportunity? That's certainly the impression I've gotten. You weren't necessarily saying it in that post, but that's my understanding of your overall arguments over the past several months.
    Yes. Which is why my response was "I didn't say most of that" instead of "I didn't say any of that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    2. I don't think asking you the point you were trying to make with the cartoon was unfair. You as much as anyone ask people to argue or clarify their points and explain what they mean (justifiably), so it seemed fair to me to ask you to do the same. I think trying to suggest that a cartoon in this case was not an argument is disingenuous. You didn't post a Garfield comic strip. You posted a cartoon with a political point and message. I think it is fair to assume that you agree with the argument the cartoon is making unless you say otherwise.
    That is a fair assumption. And I do agree with the premise of the cartoon. In fact, I was discussing that when John decided to jump in with his snarky post.

    If I actually believed that he didn't understand the cartoon I would have explained it. But I didn't believe that to be the case and-- surprise!- that turned out to be correct:

    I thought the cartoon was obvious, just pointless and stupid and wrong.

  4. #20179

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Yes. Which is why my response was "I didn't say most of that" instead of "I didn't say any of that."



    That is a fair assumption. And I do agree with the premise of the cartoon. In fact, I was discussing that when John decided to jump in with his snarky post.

    If I actually believed that he didn't understand the cartoon I would have explained it. But I didn't believe that to be the case and-- surprise!- that turned out to be correct:
    Pages of whining over people supposedly "misunderstanding" your stance on a cartoon, then admission that the position people were mocking was actually the position you were indeed taking

    Well, okay.

  5. #20180
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: President Donald Trump

    coffee, were there any GOP presidential candidates you would have voting for had they won the primary, other than trump?
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  6. #20181
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: President Donald Trump

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b03389bb1878e1

    Made in America week. Where none of the Trump family products can be promoted as they are made in Mexico and China!
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

  7. #20182

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b03389bb1878e1

    Made in America week. Where none of the Trump family products can be promoted as they are made in Mexico and China!
    White House spokeswoman Helen Aguirre Ferre was asked on Sunday if the president would use “Made in America” week to push his daughter to make those products in the United States.

    “We’ll get back to you on that,” she said, according to Politico.
    That seems to be the only response any of his spokespeople can give anymore.

  8. #20183
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    That seems to be the only response any of his spokespeople can give anymore.
    The least transparent administration ever and that is saying something after Nixon.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

  9. #20184

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b03389bb1878e1

    Made in America week. Where none of the Trump family products can be promoted as they are made in Mexico and China!
    Here's a another article about Ivanka's Keep Southeast Asia Poor campaign. What a sh!tstain of a family.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.efec69497675

    While President Trump has chastised companies for outsourcing jobs overseas, an examination by The Washington Post has revealed the extent to which Ivanka Trump’s company relies exclusively on foreign factories in countries such as Bangladesh, Indonesia and China, where low-wage laborers have limited ability to advocate for themselves.

    And while Ivanka Trump published a book this spring declaring that improving the lives of working women is “my life’s mission,” The Post found that her company lags behind many in the apparel industry when it comes to monitoring the treatment of the largely female workforce employed in factories around the world.

  10. #20185

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    coffee, were there any GOP presidential candidates you would have voting for had they won the primary, other than trump?
    I don't really know. I didn't watch any of the Republican debates or research any of their platforms. I never considered voting Republican, so I didn't bother checking them out. Once Trump was nominated, it didn't matter as I wasn't going to vote for him.

  11. #20186

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    The least transparent administration ever and that is saying something after Nixon.
    I hear his wall is going to be transparent tho.

  12. #20187

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Here's a another article about Ivanka's Keep Southeast Asia Poor campaign. What a sh!tstain of a family.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.efec69497675
    Like other families don't do this too. I don't see the big deal. It's not as if her father has run on specifically going after companies that outsource and made it clear those corporations will suffer financially under his administration.

    Maybe the media should be focusing on Chelsea so we can find the real killers.

  13. #20188

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Here's a another article about Ivanka's Keep Southeast Asia Poor campaign. What a sh!tstain of a family.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.efec69497675
    How does that 'keep Southeast Asia poor'?

  14. #20189
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    I hear his wall is going to be transparent tho.
    Yes so those magical flying bags don't hit anyone
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

  15. #20190
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I don't really know. I didn't watch any of the Republican debates or research any of their platforms. I never considered voting Republican, so I didn't bother checking them out. Once Trump was nominated, it didn't matter as I wasn't going to vote for him.
    ok, so no GOP candidates.

    on the DNC side, you've have taken bernie, correct?
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  16. #20191

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    ok, so no GOP candidates.

    on the DNC side, you've have taken bernie, correct?
    Having done zero research on that group, I can't say for sure I wouldn't have preferred a GOP candidate over Hillary, but I certainly wouldn't choose Trump so once he got the nomination it became a moot point.

    Yes, I would have voted for Bernie.

  17. #20192

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    How does that 'keep Southeast Asia poor'?
    So you're cool with the working conditions and wages in the factories producing her line?

  18. #20193

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    So you're cool with the working conditions and wages in the factories producing her line?
    You're answering a question with a question.

  19. #20194
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Having done zero research on that group, I can't say for sure I wouldn't have preferred a GOP candidate over Hillary, but I certainly wouldn't choose Trump so once he got the nomination it became a moot point.

    Yes, I would have voted for Bernie.
    so bernie over the field but with a possibility, even a slim one, that you could take take a GOP candidate over hilary?
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  20. #20195

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    so bernie over the field but with a possibility, even a slim one, that you could take take a GOP candidate over hilary?
    Yeah, that's fair.

    What are you getting at?

  21. #20196

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    You're answering a question with a question.
    Wha? Did you read the article? It makes it pretty clear that the crappy working conditions and substandard wages are contributing to keeping that region poor.

    It's not a cartoon, granted, but the words are fairly clear.

  22. #20197

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    You're answering a question with a question.
    Is that you grandma?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    Wha? Did you read the article? It makes it pretty clear that the crappy working conditions and substandard wages are contributing to keeping that region poor.

    It's not a cartoon, granted, but the words are fairly clear.
    Exactly. It's was painfully obvious and not the first article posted here on the same topic. Coffee either didn't read it or is being deliberately obtuse. I'm not interested either way.

  23. #20198
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Yeah, that's fair.

    What are you getting at?
    Simple fact-finding mission works for me.
    Mr Coffee: "I definitely think people are overreacting to the Arpaio pardon."

  24. #20199
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: President Donald Trump

    I've just wasted 10 minutes of my life catching up on Hillary's failed presidential bid.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  25. #20200

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Is that you grandma?

    Exactly. It's was painfully obvious and not the first article posted here on the same topic. Coffee either didn't read it or is being deliberately obtuse. I'm not interested either way.
    Or you could simply answer the question I was asking.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 20 users browsing this thread. (4 members and 16 guests)

  1. theDurk
  2. CoyoteYankee

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts