+ Reply to Thread
Page 808 of 1093 FirstFirst ... 308 708 758 798 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 818 858 908 ... LastLast
Results 20,176 to 20,200 of 27321

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    What are you talking about? Is this just insulting for its own sake? I still think I represented it more or less accurately, just with embellishment. I asked what you were trying to say with it, but you apparently posted it for no other reason than to act like a dick for a few pages, since you've said not a damn thing otherwise. Well done. Glad to have you here.
    It's pretty simple, but I'll lay it out anyway:

I posted a cartoon.

You made up a snarky strawman post about what I was trying to say:

Don't you understand, Tex? What actually happened doesn't matter. The million lies that were told - with no end in sight - don't matter. The fact that the Russians did everything thing they could to f**k with our electoral process - with no end in sight - doesn't matter. DJ meeting with the specific purpose of getting info from the Russian government about Hillary doesn't matter. It's all about the media, don't you know?
    Except I said I didn't say any of that, so I said so. Instead of acknowledging this, you claim to not know what I was trying to say. Suddenly you don't understand the cartoon and you didn't make up a bunch of nonsense-- it was my fault for not being clear. Which we both know is BS.

So in your following posts you are pressing me to explain my 'argument' (which was not an argument but a cartoon). But if I did that, I would be accepting your BS premise that my 'argument' (again, a cartoon) was unclear and that the fault in your posting made up nonsense was mine.

But I didn't. So we went for two pages of you pressing me to explain a simple cartoon because your ego won't allow you to admit you were wrong.

And what happened when I didn't explain it? You suddenly and miraculously understood it! Praise Jesus. But you couldn't say just that at this point. It still had to be somehow my fault:

Or you could just say things instead of posting cartoons that apparently don't say them very well for you. I thought the cartoon was obvious, just pointless and stupid and wrong. I have faith in you to do better than that.
    Now who was acting like a dick?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    It's pretty simple, but I'll lay it out anyway:

I posted a cartoon.

You made up a snarky strawman post about what I was trying to say:

Except I said I didn't say any of that, so I said so. Instead of acknowledging this, you claim to not know what I was trying to say. Suddenly you don't understand the cartoon and you didn't make up a bunch of nonsense-- it was my fault for not being clear. Which we both know is BS.

So in your following posts you are pressing me to explain my 'argument' (which was not an argument but a cartoon). But if I did that, I would be accepting your BS premise that my 'argument' (again, a cartoon) was unclear and that the fault in your posting made up nonsense was mine.

But I didn't. So we went for two pages of you pressing me to explain a simple cartoon because your ego won't allow you to admit you were wrong.

And what happened when I didn't explain it? You suddenly and miraculously understood it! Praise Jesus. But you couldn't say just that at this point. It still had to be somehow my fault:
    Now I'm a bit confused.

1. Have you not essentially said that the Russians trying to meddle in the election and Trump Jr.'s meeting don't matter, or at the very least tried to minimize or normalize them at every opportunity? That's certainly the impression I've gotten. You weren't necessarily saying it in that post, but that's my understanding of your overall arguments over the past several months.

2. I don't think asking you the point you were trying to make with the cartoon was unfair. You as much as anyone ask people to argue or clarify their points and explain what they mean (justifiably), so it seemed fair to me to ask you to do the same. I think trying to suggest that a cartoon in this case was not an argument is disingenuous. You didn't post a Garfield comic strip. You posted a cartoon with a political point and message. I think it is fair to assume that you agree with the argument the cartoon is making unless you say otherwise.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Now I'm a bit confused.

1. Have you not essentially said that the Russians trying to meddle in the election and Trump Jr.'s meeting don't matter, or at the very least tried to minimize or normalize them at every opportunity? That's certainly the impression I've gotten. You weren't necessarily saying it in that post, but that's my understanding of your overall arguments over the past several months.
    Yes. Which is why my response was "I didn't say most of that" instead of "I didn't say any of that."

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    2. I don't think asking you the point you were trying to make with the cartoon was unfair. You as much as anyone ask people to argue or clarify their points and explain what they mean (justifiably), so it seemed fair to me to ask you to do the same. I think trying to suggest that a cartoon in this case was not an argument is disingenuous. You didn't post a Garfield comic strip. You posted a cartoon with a political point and message. I think it is fair to assume that you agree with the argument the cartoon is making unless you say otherwise.
    That is a fair assumption. And I do agree with the premise of the cartoon. In fact, I was discussing that when John decided to jump in with his snarky post.

If I actually believed that he didn't understand the cartoon I would have explained it. But I didn't believe that to be the case and-- surprise!- that turned out to be correct:

I thought the cartoon was obvious, just pointless and stupid and wrong.

Yes. Which is why my response was "I didn't say most of that" instead of "I didn't say any of that."

That is a fair assumption. And I do agree with the premise of the cartoon. In fact, I was discussing that when John decided to jump in with his snarky post.

If I actually believed that he didn't understand the cartoon I would have explained it. But I didn't believe that to be the case and-- surprise!- that turned out to be correct:
    Pages of whining over people supposedly "misunderstanding" your stance on a cartoon, then admission that the position people were mocking was actually the position you were indeed taking

Well, okay.

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

coffee, were there any GOP presidential candidates you would have voting for had they won the primary, other than trump?
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

NYYF Legend

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b03389bb1878e1

Made in America week. Where none of the Trump family products can be promoted as they are made in Mexico and China!
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post

Made in America week. Where none of the Trump family products can be promoted as they are made in Mexico and China!
    White House spokeswoman Helen Aguirre Ferre was asked on Sunday if the president would use “Made in America” week to push his daughter to make those products in the United States.

“We’ll get back to you on that,” she said, according to Politico.
    That seems to be the only response any of his spokespeople can give anymore.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    That seems to be the only response any of his spokespeople can give anymore.
    The least transparent administration ever and that is saying something after Nixon.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

Here's a another article about Ivanka's Keep Southeast Asia Poor campaign. What a sh!tstain of a family.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.efec69497675

While President Trump has chastised companies for outsourcing jobs overseas, an examination by The Washington Post has revealed the extent to which Ivanka Trump’s company relies exclusively on foreign factories in countries such as Bangladesh, Indonesia and China, where low-wage laborers have limited ability to advocate for themselves.

And while Ivanka Trump published a book this spring declaring that improving the lives of working women is “my life’s mission,” The Post found that her company lags behind many in the apparel industry when it comes to monitoring the treatment of the largely female workforce employed in factories around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    coffee, were there any GOP presidential candidates you would have voting for had they won the primary, other than trump?
    I don't really know. I didn't watch any of the Republican debates or research any of their platforms. I never considered voting Republican, so I didn't bother checking them out. Once Trump was nominated, it didn't matter as I wasn't going to vote for him.

The least transparent administration ever and that is saying something after Nixon.
    I hear his wall is going to be transparent tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Here's a another article about Ivanka's Keep Southeast Asia Poor campaign. What a sh!tstain of a family.

Like other families don't do this too. I don't see the big deal. It's not as if her father has run on specifically going after companies that outsource and made it clear those corporations will suffer financially under his administration.

Maybe the media should be focusing on Chelsea so we can find the real killers.

How does that 'keep Southeast Asia poor'?

NYYF Legend

I hear his wall is going to be transparent tho.
    Yes so those magical flying bags don't hit anyone

I don't really know. I didn't watch any of the Republican debates or research any of their platforms. I never considered voting Republican, so I didn't bother checking them out. Once Trump was nominated, it didn't matter as I wasn't going to vote for him.
    ok, so no GOP candidates.

on the DNC side, you've have taken bernie, correct?

ok, so no GOP candidates.

on the DNC side, you've have taken bernie, correct?
    Having done zero research on that group, I can't say for sure I wouldn't have preferred a GOP candidate over Hillary, but I certainly wouldn't choose Trump so once he got the nomination it became a moot point.

Yes, I would have voted for Bernie.

How does that 'keep Southeast Asia poor'?
    So you're cool with the working conditions and wages in the factories producing her line?

So you're cool with the working conditions and wages in the factories producing her line?
    You're answering a question with a question.

Having done zero research on that group, I can't say for sure I wouldn't have preferred a GOP candidate over Hillary, but I certainly wouldn't choose Trump so once he got the nomination it became a moot point.

Yes, I would have voted for Bernie.
    so bernie over the field but with a possibility, even a slim one, that you could take take a GOP candidate over hilary?

so bernie over the field but with a possibility, even a slim one, that you could take take a GOP candidate over hilary?
    Yeah, that's fair.

What are you getting at?

Wha? Did you read the article? It makes it pretty clear that the crappy working conditions and substandard wages are contributing to keeping that region poor.

It's not a cartoon, granted, but the words are fairly clear.

Is that you grandma?

Wha? Did you read the article? It makes it pretty clear that the crappy working conditions and substandard wages are contributing to keeping that region poor.

It's not a cartoon, granted, but the words are fairly clear.
    Exactly. It's was painfully obvious and not the first article posted here on the same topic. Coffee either didn't read it or is being deliberately obtuse. I'm not interested either way.

NYYF Legend

Yeah, that's fair.

What are you getting at?
    Simple fact-finding mission works for me.
    Mr Coffee: "I definitely think people are overreacting to the Arpaio pardon."

NYYF Legend

I've just wasted 10 minutes of my life catching up on Hillary's failed presidential bid.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Is that you grandma?

Exactly. It's was painfully obvious and not the first article posted here on the same topic. Coffee either didn't read it or is being deliberately obtuse. I'm not interested either way.
    Or you could simply answer the question I was asking.

Thread Information