+ Reply to Thread
Page 1041 of 1112 FirstFirst ... 41 541 941 991 1031 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1051 1091 ... LastLast
Results 26,001 to 26,025 of 27793

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    He'd probably try to cheat on a Rorschach test.
    I like plain ol' cognitive testing better. I'd have a great time figuring out how he thinks.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Now it's been revealed that at a White House meeting last summer about the world situation, Trump advanced the proposal that we should increase the nuclear arsenal "tenfold". It's that incident that provoked Tillerson's "moron" comment.

This level of childish ignorance by the president of the United States is just stunning. The consequences of having his finger on the button is literally staggering. I completely understand Tillerson's reaction and can only imagine the reaction of everyone else in the room.

I can imagine people like Mattis and Kelly wrestling him to the floor if he tried to activate the nuclear code. This would amount to a military coup by a couple of generals, something previously unimaginable under our system of government. But what choice would they have?

Almost forgotten is the press conference held during the campaign by 16 former admirals and generals who gathered in support of a joint statement that Trump was/is too dangerous to be president. Unprecedented. Or the group of 10 former nuclear launch officers who did the same. Unprecedented. Now we know what they were talking about.

Muller needs to move quickly.

Congress needs to act on impeachment just as fast. That's what Bob Corker is telling us. It's gone beyond partisanship.

The survival of the human race is at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I like plain ol' cognitive testing better. I'd have a great time figuring out how he thinks.
    Yeah, it was a joke.

He doesn't think. That's the problem. He acts and speaks on impulse. You'd go mad trying to learn anything about his thinking, because there is none. His head is empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Now it's been revealed that at a White House meeting last summer about the world situation, Trump advanced the proposal that we should increase the nuclear arsenal "tenfold". It's that incident that provoked Tillerson's "moron" comment.

This level of childish ignorance by the president of the United States is just stunning. The consequences of having his finger on the button is literally staggering. I completely understand Tillerson's reaction and can only imagine the reaction of everyone else in the room.

I can imagine people like Mattis and Kelly wrestling him to the floor if he tried to activate the nuclear code. This would amount to a military coup by a couple of generals, something previously unimaginable under our system of government. But what choice would they have?

Almost forgotten is the press conference held during the campaign by 16 former admirals and generals who gathered in support of a joint statement that Trump was/is too dangerous to be president. Unprecedented. Or the group of 10 former nuclear launch officers who did the same. Unprecedented. Now we know what they were talking about.

Muller needs to move quickly.

Congress needs to act on impeachment just as fast. That's what Bob Corker is telling us. It's gone beyond partisanship.

The survival of the human race is at stake.
    So every day I try to tell myself that things have to get better. This post didn't help. Thanks a lot.

This morning Drumpf tweeted about reviewing NBC's license. The POTUS is proposing censorship. Not concerning in the least...

Yeah, it was a joke.

He doesn't think. That's the problem. He acts and speaks on impulse. You'd go mad trying to learn anything about his thinking, because there is none. His head is empty.

So every day I try to tell myself that things have to get better. This post didn't help. Thanks a lot.
    Happy to oblige.

NYYF Legend

Has this one been posted yet. Is yes sorry for the dup. If not

https://twitter.com/DOGGEAUX/status/...&ICID=ref_fark
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...12884630093825
    With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!
    Senator Corker told us that all his GOP co-workers in the Senate know how crazy and dangerous Trump is. It's past the time for them to do their constitutional duty and get this monstrosity out of our White House.

You'd go mad trying to learn anything about his thinking, because there is none. His head is empty.
    Nah, it would make an interesting puzzle. I love testing.

NYYF Legend

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...house-advisers

Wow. Looks like 45 is unraveling.
    Posts in invisible key strokes

Nah, it would make an interesting puzzle. I love testing.
    I had a really cool professor for psychological testing and measurements back in the day. He was really excited about testing, which made it interesting.

He also was an Auschwitz survivor from Italy. Not Jewish, but his parents were caught with counterfeit money (likely distributed by the OSS to destabilize the economy). Interesting fellow.

NYYF Legend

If Trump actually gets seriously threatened by something (ie damning Mueller report, Congress votes to impeach and a trial begins, or something else similar), would anyone be surprised by him attempting to subvert the democratic rule of law to ensure he "wins"?

- Suspension of the constitution for "national security" or some other pretext
    - Starting a war (wouldn't be hard) and assuming wartime powers
    - Martial law
    - Arresting prominent opponents
    - Press censorship

Probably still farfetched, but does it not feel less unlikely than it did months ago? The more any asshole gets confounded by the fact that he sucks (like failing to get major legislation passed, being investigated for treason, same-party politicians mocking you on twitter), the more he lashes out with whatever tools are available, and this one has the most tools available of anyone.

I do wonder what our odds are of surviving the next few years (beyond the natural disasters that will occur anyway). They seem lower than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    If Trump actually gets seriously threatened by something (ie damning Mueller report, Congress votes to impeach and a trial begins, or something else similar), would anyone be surprised by him attempting to subvert the democratic rule of law to ensure he "wins"?

- Suspension of the constitution for "national security" or some other pretext
    - Starting a war (wouldn't be hard) and assuming wartime powers
    - Martial law
    - Arresting prominent opponents
    - Press censorship

Probably still farfetched, but does it not feel less unlikely than it did months ago? The more any asshole gets confounded by the fact that he sucks (like failing to get major legislation passed, being investigated for treason, same-party politicians mocking you on twitter), the more he lashes out with whatever tools are available, and this one has the most tools available of anyone.

I do wonder what our odds are of surviving the next few years (beyond the natural disasters that will occur anyway). They seem lower than normal.
    He may try to do those things, but he'll quickly discover that he can't
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

He may try to do those things, but he'll quickly discover that he can't
    Why are you sure of that? In a time of national turmoil (impeachment might be that, another serious terrorist attack, etc), the question of who is in charge isn't necessarily an obvious answer when you're being told the President has given you a direct order.

I mean I hope that is the case, but there have been many dictatorial takeovers in human history, and I'm sure some of them had some good controls/protections against it happening. Not sure we're special here.

Again, I still think it's unlikely, but Trump only gets more unstable as time goes on, and he's kind of destabilizing a lot of other people and domestic/international situations along with him.

NYYF Legend

Unless he resorts to firing squads on the South Lawn, there is no way he even gets his Cabinet to go along. Military, forget it. Civil, no chance.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Unless he resorts to firing squads on the South Lawn, there is no way he even gets his Cabinet to go along. Military, forget it. Civil, no chance.
    I obviously hope you're right, and right now, I think you are. I just think given the time he has left, things may continue to change, and what seems implausible slowly becomes plausible and then unremarkable. This has already happened in a lot of ways.

Why are you sure of that? In a time of national turmoil (impeachment might be that, another serious terrorist attack, etc), the question of who is in charge isn't necessarily an obvious answer when you're being told the President has given you a direct order.

I mean I hope that is the case, but there have been many dictatorial takeovers in human history, and I'm sure some of them had some good controls/protections against it happening. Not sure we're special here.

Again, I still think it's unlikely, but Trump only gets more unstable as time goes on, and he's kind of destabilizing a lot of other people and domestic/international situations along with him.
    Already, he's backed down when he's discovered that there are things he can't pull off. His generals won't carry out blatantly illegal orders. Neither will US Attorneys or DOJ officials. The intelligence community might, but only for things they think are fun, not for Trump himself.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

I obviously hope you're right, and right now, I think you are. I just think given the time he has left, things may continue to change, and what seems implausible slowly becomes plausible and then unremarkable. This has already happened in a lot of ways.
    This would require extreme Nazi-level authoritarian competence to bring about in terms of the changes you mention. This is TRUMP, that we are talking about. This bozo has done nothing other than to ERODE his power by almost everything he has done since inauguration day. The Rs will leap at any chance to install Pence over Donny.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar

My real fear, as I've stated even before last November's election, is that the highly unstable POTUS is the person most likely to "push the button" and provoke an otherwise unprovoked nuclear war.

So far, it's been mostly a major pissing contest between two funny-haired guys with large militaries. Can Trump just decide to launch some nuclear missiles? If he chose to, who or what procedure could stop him from doing so without anyone else's approval?

Meanwhile, NK doesn't want any US planes over international airspace near them, yet they have no problem sending test missiles over Japan. An utterly disgraceful scenario, I believe.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

This would require extreme Nazi-level authoritarian competence to bring about in terms of the changes you mention. This is TRUMP, that we are talking about. This bozo has done nothing other than to ERODE his power by almost everything he has done since inauguration day. The Rs will leap at any chance to install Pence over Donny.
    You're a bozo.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...12884630093825

Senator Corker told us that all his GOP co-workers in the Senate know how crazy and dangerous Trump is. It's past the time for them to do their constitutional duty and get this monstrosity out of our White House.
    They're waiting for a report from Mueller. He's got to speed things up.

NYYF Legend

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...o-rico-forever

Trump “FEMA can’t stay in PR forever”

What a despicable human being. Go back to tweeting about football players and let the adults do the real work
    Posts in invisible key strokes

NYYF Legend

Already, he's backed down when he's discovered that there are things he can't pull off. His generals won't carry out blatantly illegal orders. Neither will US Attorneys or DOJ officials. The intelligence community might, but only for things they think are fun, not for Trump himself.

trump truly doesn't understand what the Presidential powers really and how much checks and balances impact his true power. He constantly overestimates what he cad do as POTUS.

I truly believe that he is severely mentally deranged. His obsession with the media and so called "fake news" is harmful to this country and the liberties established almost 250 years ago.
    To him "fake news " is anything critical of him. He wants to have people fawn over him and tell him how great he is. Many times he has said there is much wrong with America and only he could fix it. Demented. His line is "Make American Great Again". Donald America is great nd has been since it's founding. Is it flawed? Of course, but good people are working to improve our great country.
    I was out to dinner last with a friend who is a trump supporter. He claims that trump has great ideas. No he doesn't. I will admit that trump might have some good thoughts like improved health care, improved tax codes, protection against Terrorism and more effective gun control laws. But good thoughts do not translate to good ideas unless you know how to implement them. That is where trump fails, he has no idea how to accomplish anything he proposes. He is immature, impulsive, irrational and irresponsible.

Why is the Muller Commission dawdling?

We need the results ASAP and if they divulge what I think they will we can rid ourselves of this blight on America

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...o-rico-forever

Trump “FEMA can’t stay in PR forever”

What a despicable human being. Go back to tweeting about football players and let the adults do the real work
    Trump reminds me of a few gamblers, beggars and other persons of ill repute that I unfortunately know:

The low to RECEIVE, RECEIVE, RECEIVE, but will put on a fit, snarl, fold their hands and complain endlessly whenever asked to take a single penny out of their own pockets.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

Trump has no respect for the American people or the office of the President.

He's a sad, sad man.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    trump truly doesn't understand what the Presidential powers really and how much checks and balances impact his true power. He constantly overestimates what he cad do as POTUS.

I truly believe that he is severely mentally deranged. His obsession with the media and so called "fake news" is harmful to this country and the liberties established almost 250 years ago.
    To him "fake news " is anything critical of him. He wants to have people fawn over him and tell him how great he is. Many times he has said there is much wrong with America and only he could fix it. Demented. His line is "Make American Great Again". Donald America is great nd has been since it's founding. Is it flawed? Of course, but good people are working to improve our great country.
    I was out to dinner last with a friend who is a trump supporter. He claims that trump has great ideas. No he doesn't. I will admit that trump might have some good thoughts like improved health care, improved tax codes, protection against Terrorism and more effective gun control laws. But good thoughts do not translate to good ideas unless you know how to implement them. That is where trump fails, he has no idea how to accomplish anything he proposes. He is immature, impulsive, irrational and irresponsible.

Why is the Muller Commission dawdling?

We need the results ASAP and if they divulge what I think they will we can rid ourselves of this blight on America

Andy
    You might want to temper your hope regarding the Mueller investigation. There does not seem to be any indication of Trump himself committing any significant wrong. I expect indictments but not one for the President.

Thread Information