+ Reply to Thread
Page 1435 of 1435 FirstFirst ... 435 935 1335 1385 1425 1432 1433 1434 1435
Results 35,851 to 35,874 of 35874

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post

What's so "outlandish?" That I said it was a bigoted comment, not unlike telling a Mexican, “Are there no Mexican restaurants in Washington, D.C.?” if he made the "grave mistake" of walking into an Italian or French restaurant?

Or, does it not count if the recipient of such a comment is, you know, white?

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Don't care. I didn't write that and it should not have my name attached to it. If that's the way you want to play, I will take my ball and go home.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Steak and potatoes. Pork chops with cheese grits.
    Steak and potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    So the Father tweets racist pictures, the daughter lies every 15 minutes and the son hangs a dog and slits it's throat while being a counselor at a Boy Scout camp.
    Wonderful Christian values those Huckabee's have.
    I didn't know that about the son. Jesus, that's horrific.

By the way, Kyle, Iím flattered that you think I have "followers," but Iím no leader. I just parrot what I read in the daily Soros-Pelosi newsletter. They give me my marching orders.
    I'm offended that anyone would think I follow you. I also wish Soros would pay me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    It's like the Supreme Court deciding a legal issue. If it's a legal issue and it goes before the best judges in the land, it should nearly all the time end in a 9-0 decision because most of the time there should be enough law and precedence to make the right vote clear. If not, then the law needs tweaking.
    Well, the kind of cases that usually reach the Court are by definition those that aren't at all clear, because if there was a clear answer, there wouldn't be an issue. A lot of times 9-0 SCOTUS votes are to overturn decisions of the circuit courts, and those judges are no dummies either.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Valid point.

Sincere question: Who do you think are the biggest infractors and instigators over the last few pages? Personally, I think this could have been squelched a while back, but people are afraid (or refuse) to confront certain posters.

Edit: Better yet, tell me privately if you'd like. I'm curious. Probably not a good idea to talk about it publicly.
    I'm going to pass on that. I'll say that I feel there are instigators on both sides and leave it at that, but that wasn't my point.
    -Kevin

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Kicking her out based on her politics and associations is discriminatory. What am I missing?
    It's discriminatory, but not in the legal sense.
    -Kevin

RIP, Pete.

The left is still applauding Ana "The Fake" Navarro's disgusting tweet to Kirstjen Nielsen: ďAre there no Norwegian restaurants in Washington, D.C.?Ē

Bigotry at it's finest.
    I donít find it disgusting, Iím not sure Iíd call it bigotry, and if it is, itís far from irs finest. Selective outrage at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    It's discriminatory, but not in the legal sense.
    Right. People are legally allowed to discriminate if itís not illegal.

I just quickly read a few legal pieces on the subject and if anything it's not perfectly clear. In some areas refusing to serve based on political affiliation is prohibited, and doing so would be discriminatory. We would have to know what reason Sarah was asked to leave, then anyone also matching that criteria would have to be treated the same. If it was because she was a republican then all republicans would have to be denied service. Can't single her out; can't single anyone out.

Men - no shirt, no tie, no shoes, no service. Women - no shirt, free beer.
    There are jurisdictions that include political affiliation as a protected class, especially in employment contexts (for instances, in most states employers aren't allowed to fire employees based on how they vote), which might be what you're reading about. I'd like to see what you read, because your statement about having to treat all individuals that match the same criteria the same sounds incorrect to me.
    -Kevin

RIP, Pete.

There are jurisdictions that include political affiliation as a protected class, especially in employment contexts, which might be what you're reading about. I'd like to see what you read, because your statement about having to treat all individuals that match the same criteria the same sounds incorrect to me.
    Yeah, Iíve never heard that. In any case, what the woman said made it sound like she asked Sanders to leave because sheís President Trump's press secretary, not because she's a Republican.

Yeah, Iíve never heard that. In any case, what the woman said made it sound like she asked Sanders to leave because sheís President Trump's press secretary, not because she's a Republican.
    Looking into this a bit more, I think it might be more complicated than we're making it out to be. Bub is onto something with the bias-neutral stuff and arbitrary discrimination.
    -Kevin

RIP, Pete.

NYYF Legend

The North Korean government is erasing much of its anti-U.S. propaganda following dictator Kim Jong-un’s forays onto the world stage.

Gone are the posters depicting the U.S. as a “rotten, diseased, pirate nation” and promising “merciless revenge” on American forces for an imagined attack on the totalitarian country.
    In their place are cheery messages touting praising the prospects for Korean reunification and the declaration Kim signed in April with South Korean President Moon Jae-in promising “lasting peace,” according to reports.
    Still the most isolated country in the world, very few North Koreans have access to news and information from the outside world. So state propaganda plays a huge role in shaping their views.

Murals, banners and posters displayed throughout the capital, Pyongyang, have for decades depicted the U.S. as a brutal, imperialist aggressor hell-bent on destroying the North Korean regime. South Korea and Japan were also frequently targeted as willing allies of the U.S.

But things started to take an Orwellian turn in the run-up to Kim’s June 12 summit with President Donald Trump, with the old posters vanishing since then.

“All the anti-American posters I usually see around Kim Il-sung Square and at shops, they’ve all just gone,” Rowan Beard, a tour manager at Young Pioneer Tours, told Reuters. “In five years working in North Korea, I’ve never seen them completely disappear before.”
    https://nypost.com/2018/06/23/north-...rce=reddit.com
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

I don’t find it disgusting, I’m not sure I’d call it bigotry, and if it is, it’s far from irs finest. Selective outrage at its finest.

Selective bigotry at it's finest.

You'll have to enlighten me as to how, “Are there no Norwegian restaurants in Washington, D.C.?” is not a bigoted comment, unless you don't think asking a Mexican who chooses to dine at a French restaurant, “Are there no Mexican restaurants in Washington, D.C.?” is bigoted as well. Then I'll applaud you for the "consistency" that you think that I'm such a big fan of, though not necessarily agree.

Say what? Watch Democratic Sen. Tammy Baldwin, stutter, stammer and struggle to admit the truth about Obama.

Fake progress!

Reject Fascism

I just quickly read a few legal pieces on the subject and if anything it's not perfectly clear. In some areas refusing to serve based on political affiliation is prohibited, and doing so would be discriminatory. We would have to know what reason Sarah was asked to leave, then anyone also matching that criteria would have to be treated the same. If it was because she was a republican then all republicans would have to be denied service. Can't single her out; can't single anyone out.

Men - no shirt, no tie, no shoes, no service. Women - no shirt, free beer.
    It was already given. Three of the employees are gay and the owner asked for a vote and the vote was not to serve her. This was for Sanders refusal to condemn Trumpís singling out the LGBT community in the military
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

Reject Fascism

While personally I have little use for Sanders as she treats reporters daily far worse than she was treated at Red Hen, I think Bub has a point. Should someone choose to press the matter, I think the courts would decide against Red Hen.

Reject Fascism

I think the reason is correct, though as Bub said not sure it would hold up. Though I think this does cloudy the political affiliation argument to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Good pattern going on. Nielsen being chased out of the Mexican restaurant, Sanders being asked to leave the Red Hen and now Pam Bondi had to leave a screening of the Mr. Rogers documentary.
    Good work. Doní t let the worst people on Earth enjoy a minuteís peace. Got to get to Stephen Miller, though.
    Sanders is one of the worst people on Earth?

I'm going to pass on that. I'll say that I feel there are instigators on both sides and leave it at that, but that wasn't my point.

Understandable and understood.

Gee, I succinctly remember Josh Earnest, Jay Carney and Marie Harf lying through their teeth on a daily basis and sometimes belittling reporters that challenged them; reporters that at least showed them and the office some respect, unlike today. I always figured it came with the territory.

Reject Fascism

Folks I want to apologize for my part in the nonsense that took place last night. I will gladly discuss any issue from either side of the aisle and ignore anything otherwise which is what I should have done from the start. Again sorry for my part in it. Going to converse with anyone also doing so and that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Sanders is one of the worst people on Earth?
    She is for not just the lies, but feeding the falsehood that the media is the enemy of the people while praising our true enemies and attacking our closest allies.
    God, I love Yankee fans as they're never satisfied!

I see some are attempting to expand the definition of what defines a bigot. As somebody that has experienced bigotry, I find such attempts laughable.
    God, I love Yankee fans as they're never satisfied!

Thread Information