+ Reply to Thread
Page 1227 of 1519 FirstFirst ... 227 727 1127 1177 1217 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1237 1277 1327 ... LastLast
Results 30,651 to 30,675 of 37966
  1. #30651
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    Please keep your political crap out of the bourbon thread.


    I guess I'm un-American because I'm more concerned with the tequila shortage than anything to do with bourbon.

    https://www.esquire.com/food-drink/d...uila-shortage/

  2. #30652
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post


    I guess I'm un-American because I'm more concerned with the tequila shortage than anything to do with bourbon.

    https://www.esquire.com/food-drink/d...uila-shortage/
    Why do you hate American farmers?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  3. #30653
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Why do you hate American farmers?
    Why does President Trump hate Frito-Lay?

  4. #30654
    Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    Hadn't read that....was that for Pappy? I know decreasing supply / increasing demand can help but that feels a bit extreme.


    One thing that got me into Buffalo Trace, etc was that I read it all was made at the same place.
    This is the article I was referring to.

    I mean, I suppose there are valid reasons why they'd have suppressed batch outside of controlling price, but it's safe to say that's the primary driver here.

    Maybe it'd help if it wasn't so good?

    I haven't had any, to be honest...and at $700 a bottle? Yeah, I'll wait on it I suppose..
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

  5. #30655
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Why does President Trump hate Frito-Lay?
    Clashes with his Cheeto hair color?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  6. #30656
    Nice is different than good. Texsahara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Much as I hate what Trump did, I thought that since DACA was put into place via executive order, it could be removed the same way. I guess it's not that simple?

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/13/polit...aca/index.html

    A second federal judge Tuesday has temporarily blocked the Trump administration from ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.

    Judge Nicholas G. Garaufis of the US District Court for the Eastern District of New York ruled that DACA participants and states are likely to succeed in their challenge that the way President Donald Trump terminated the Obama-era program was arbitrary and capricious.
    "Defendants indisputably can end the DACA program," Garaufis wrote, referring to the Trump administration. "The question before the court is thus not whether defendants could end the DACA program, but whether they offered legally adequate reasons for doing so. Based on its review of the record before it, the court concludes that defendants have not done so."

    The judge said that the decision to end the program was based in part on the "plainly incorrect factual premise" that the program was illegal.

    "Today's ruling shows that courts across the country agree that Trump's termination of DACA was not just immoral, but unlawful as well," said Karen Tumlin of the National Immigration Law Center.

  7. #30657
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: President Donald Trump

    ^I think in the end that's one the Trump Administration will eventually win as like you I think he has the authority to change of discontinue the program created by EO with his own replacement EO.

    Hopefully congress will have something worked out before the appeals process runs its course.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  8. #30658
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: President Donald Trump

    I'm going to include Cabinet members in this thread, and even their spouses.

    It turns out Louise Linton is really just a normal person. She meets a reporter at a diner, says "super-duper," and likes calligraphy, big-band jazz, and dogs. That makes her just a regular girl who's misunderstood.

    http://www.elle.com/culture/career-p...on-march-2018/
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  9. #30659
    Clap clap, clap-clap-clap ArodEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Re: President Donald Trump

    I like how she's raising her sweater ever so slightly. That naughty little tease.

  10. #30660
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    I like how she's raising her sweater ever so slightly. That naughty little tease.
    Not to mention toying coquettishly with the tip of her high heels. Her $11,000 high heels, I have no doubt.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  11. #30661
    Clap clap, clap-clap-clap ArodEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Not to mention toying coquettishly with the tip of her high heels. Her $11,000 high heels, I have no doubt.
    I'm guessing Louboutin. Then again, I'm no fashionista.

  12. #30662
    Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    I'm guessing Louboutin. Then again, I'm no fashionista.
    Nice call! Looks like they have the signature red bottoms.
    2017 - Better than expected!

    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

  13. #30663
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: President Donald Trump

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...nee/ar-BBJ61Wj

    Trump - Make the Judiciary White Again
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  14. #30664

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...nee/ar-BBJ61Wj

    Trump - Make the Judiciary White Again
    I wonder how many of those are white men. It doesn't say, but I'd bet it's a large majority.
    "A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."
    -- Declaration of Independence

  15. #30665

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    This is the article I was referring to.

    I mean, I suppose there are valid reasons why they'd have suppressed batch outside of controlling price, but it's safe to say that's the primary driver here.

    Maybe it'd help if it wasn't so good?

    I haven't had any, to be honest...and at $700 a bottle? Yeah, I'll wait on it I suppose..
    Thanks for the link. I thought you were referring to Pappy.

    He didn't give that great a review. I've heard that the current batches may not have been as good.
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

  16. #30666

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Much as I hate what Trump did, I thought that since DACA was put into place via executive order, it could be removed the same way. I guess it's not that simple?

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/13/polit...aca/index.html
    Executive orders aren't subject to the Administrative Procedures Act, so this is likely aimed at the agency (DHS) that will be taking action (or nonaction in this case). The APA requires certain procedures be followed when making decisions, so this was probably an incompetent DHS failing to do something it could lawfully do in the proper manner. Mild shock.


  17. #30667
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...nee/ar-BBJ61Wj

    Trump - Make the Judiciary White Again
    in fairness, it's not easy to find african-american and hispanic judges who don't like african-americans and hispanics.

    he's choosing from a very small pool. give him a break.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  18. #30668
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Now, what's called a "martini" these days - that’s a crime against humanity.
    what's happened to it? I bartended in what might be called an "old man's bar" in the late 1980s... got plenty of requests for martinis. Moved over to a place with a younger crowd and never got a one lol.

    (Never drank them myself. Meh.)

  19. #30669
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    what's happened to it? I bartended in what might be called an "old man's bar" in the late 1980s... got plenty of requests for martinis. Moved over to a place with a younger crowd and never got a one lol.

    (Never drank them myself. Meh.)
    A "martini" now is a vodka drink. Vodka mixed with fruit juice or liqueurs - apple martinis, chocolate martinis.

    I never drank them myself. But an old family friend, an advertising exec turned Methodist minister, was devoted to them,and I was devoted to him. So I learned how to make a good martini, very dry, and to respect it. Gin, a whisper of vermouth, an olive. That’s a martini. None of this appletini crap.

  20. #30670
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    A "martini" now is a vodka drink. Vodka mixed with fruit juice or liqueurs - apple martinis, chocolate martinis.

    I never drank them myself. But an old family friend, an advertising exec turned Methodist minister, was devoted to them,and I was devoted to him. So I learned how to make a good martini, very dry, and to respect it. Gin, a whisper of vermouth, an olive. That’s a martini. None of this appletini crap.
    Ah OK. I agree with you for the most part, though I go 2:1 on gin/vermouth. Old school. But you're right, if you want fruity stuff in it, it's NOT a martini. And lemon twists? no. just no. olive.

  21. #30671
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...nee/ar-BBJ61Wj

    Trump - Make the Judiciary White Again
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I wonder how many of those are white men. It doesn't say, but I'd bet it's a large majority.
    So there’s no chance here that the best folks for the job are being chosen. It’s all based on skin color and sex. It’s always racism and sexism in every decision President Trump makes.

    I don’t understand why two people who are so behind equality among people of different skin color and sex automatically look at a situation and immediately go to skin color and sex. Sometimes the group of people available and qualified for something are going to lean one way for a number of reasons. Do you want to dumb down the standards to meet the social justice requirements? That’s no way to put together a team. It should be based on ability and ability alone, and should have nothing to do with satisfying a quota or the optics of forced diversity.
    In Cashman I trust.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  22. #30672
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: President Donald Trump

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/13/u...und-check.html

    They knowingly kept a wife beater, who was susceptible to blackmail, on staff and with access to the PDB because they knew telling the truth about him would look bad for the White House and that taking the accusations seriously would effectively incriminate Trump himself due to the 19 women who have accused him of criminal sexual assault. So we have another instance of the President of the United States siding with the accused male and telling victims that they shouldn't be believed. This is, needless to say, unbelievably dangerous and sends the worst possible message to victims and lets abusers believe that if they're powerful enough they can get away with anything.

    The Chief of Staff, Commutations Director, Deputy Chief of Staff, and many others knew months ago that Porter had credible accusations of abuse against him and they all came up with different lies as to why he was able to keep his job and clearances. This is what happens when you have a staff full of people who have chosen to compromise themselves and accept bottomless depravity to remain in power, rather than take the obligations of public service seriously.

    Mr. Trump’s aides initially said they had no inkling of the accusations against Mr. Porter until the reports in The Mail, and said they acted swiftly to terminate him when they discovered them. In fact, the White House spent the first hours after learning of the accusations — including the publication of photographs of one of Mr. Porter’s former wives with a black eye she said he had given her — defending Mr. Porter against the allegations and insisting that he was not being dismissed.

    Even after Mr. Kelly changed his stance, calling the allegations vile and orchestrating Mr. Porter’s swift departure, the president has stuck up for Mr. Porter publicly, telling reporters that the situation had been “tough” and “sad” for Mr. Porter. The president insisted that Mr. Porter had denied the accusations, and wished him a successful career. On Tuesday, asked by reporters at a White House event with sheriffs if he had a message for victims of abuse, Mr. Trump declined to answer.

  23. #30673
    NYYF Legend

    Nome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Branchburg, NJ 08876

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    Please keep your political crap out of the bourbon thread.


    I'll drink to that. But my drink of choice is Jack Daniels. Unfortunately at my age Jack doesn't always agree with my gut, so Vodka holds first place.
    I'd rather have a Jack or Vodka neat than think about that guy in the WH. It's far healthier.


    Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

  24. #30674
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    That's amazing. She was on her feet for an entire 8 hours-- like a McDonald's worker or Walmart greeter or countless other hourly workers do five times a week.

    What a hero.
    agreed. I’m not sure how she could possibly blabber on like that for 8 hours. There’s no way that long a speech can help you while tying to make a point. How many people tuned her out, possibly for hours? You have to be able to condense that and make an impact in a much shorter time. I mean good for her, she stood there and babbled. Not impressive.
    In Cashman I trust.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  25. #30675

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    So there’s no chance here that the best folks for the job are being chosen. It’s all based on skin color and sex. It’s always racism and sexism in every decision President Trump makes.

    I don’t understand why two people who are so behind equality among people of different skin color and sex automatically look at a situation and immediately go to skin color and sex. Sometimes the group of people available and qualified for something are going to lean one way for a number of reasons. Do you want to dumb down the standards to meet the social justice requirements? That’s no way to put together a team. It should be based on ability and ability alone, and should have nothing to do with satisfying a quota or the optics of forced diversity.
    There’s always been a quota: white people insisted on other white people. The difference is now poc are demanding a place at the table. Any team that’s designed to represent or govern the country that doesn’t reflect the country hasn’t been put together with the best people for the job.

    Re: martinis. They haven’t changed. You can get a proper martini in any bar you walk into with even a half decent bartender. Easiest drink in the world to make.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

  1. DrNick

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts