+ Reply to Thread
Page 1523 of 1523 FirstFirst ... 523 1023 1423 1473 1513 1520 1521 1522 1523
Results 38,051 to 38,071 of 38071

Re: President Donald Trump

I would think that somebody in 45*'s inner circle would have written a response to Kofi Annan's passing. Being the 1st African as the Secretary General of the UN and a Nobel Peace Prize winner would have prompted some type of response from the POTUS. All the previous living presidents released statements.
    This swarm of knuckleheads show no class or grace.
    Really embarrassing.
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    I would think that somebody in 45*'s inner circle would have written a response to Kofi Annan's passing. Being the 1st African as the Secretary General of the UN and a Nobel Peace Prize winner would have prompted some type of response from the POTUS. All the previous living presidents released statements.
    This swarm of knuckleheads show no class or grace.
    Really embarrassing.
    You thought they would? I figured you'd been paying attention to the last 18 months.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    You thought they would? I figured you'd been paying attention to the last 18 months.
    You're absolutely right, Alex. For some reason, maybe even our current ambassador Haley would have made flash cards for 45* about KA and that would prompt someone even Haley to release a statement.
    My bad.
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Such a shameful abuse of power. Impeachment is becoming more and more justifiable.

Also, his comments on the Manafort trial - a case that’s currently in the hands of an unsequestered jury - were beyond inappropriate. They’re probably not quite jury tampering, but he’s trying.
    Perhaps, but I think his primary intention was to portray Manafort as someone worthy of an eventual pardon. Boy, would that be a circus.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Perhaps, but I think his primary intention was to portray Manafort as someone worthy of an eventual pardon. Boy, would that be a circus.
    He doesn’t give a crap about Manafort and he’s not going to pardon him. The reason why Trump is not going to pardon anyone in this process as long as he himself is in personal jeopardy is that as soon as he does, the person who’s pardoned loses his ability to claim the 5th. A witness who’sreceived a pardon no longer faces any legal jeopardy, so the 5th amendment no longer applies. Such a witness would then have to answer any and every question put to him by the prosecution fully and honestly or face perjury charges. The last thing Trump wants is witnesses testifying to his illegal activity.

The only person who Trump cares about in this process is himself. Any comments he makes about the Manafort trial are for the purpose of undermining the Muller investigation. Ultimately he is playing a political game. He wants to build enough support among the public so that Congress have enough support in their districtsto get him off the hook in the event of impeachment. Even if he is impeached, it takes a 2/3 vote in the Senate to convict him. If he can build enough political support for 33 senators, he can beat the rap.

He still has to figure out a strategy to win in a court battle. His Catch 22 is that if he fires Rosenstein and Muller, he will undermine the political support that he needs in Congress. But if he leaves them in place, he will ultimately be prosecuted for his numerous crimes in court.

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Jury tampering might not be his aim, and probably doesn’t realize how much he’s pushing the limits. But pushing them he is.

NYYF Legend

This ignorant, inexperienced, naïve babe in the WH by his "America First" policy is destroying the trust and alliances that we held with many world powers and by turning his back on the poorer, possibly third world countries is aiding and abetting the Russians in their quest towards world dominance . He is to inexperienced ( I replaced the word ignorant by this more appropriate word) to understand what all our previous Presidents back to FDR knew, that by strengthening other countries we are strengthening the world. By giving other countries the ability to achieve economic success we achieve greater economic success in return. This (expletive deleted by me) is to dumb to realize that we don't live in a vacuum. We need allies to help us reach our and their success. Go back and read Eisenhower's address to the nation in 1960. What he so intelligently said then is even truer today.

Why are the Republicans letting him play into Putin's hands? In fact, why is dumbo allowing himself to play in Putin's hands? What does he want in return? The ability to build a trump edifice on Russian soil? We need to rid our country of this incompetant before he does more damage.

SAD, SAD, SAD, so sad.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Reject Fascism

Went to see BlacKKKlansman yesterday. Didn’t know if it was a story about the KKK or the President.
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

Reject Fascism

https://twitter.com/nbcnewspr/status...41356289?s=21M

Rudy on Meet the Press this morning. “Truth isn’t truth”

Another term for alternate facts?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post

Every time I see Rudy on TV, he has that giant championship ring on his hand. Will the Yankees ever ask him to please stop waering it during interviews, because its embarassing them?

It’s not often that one gets to see a spontaneous, real-life facepalm as good as Chuck Todd's. And he follows it up with, "This is going to become a bad meme."
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Reject Fascism

It’s not often that one gets to see a spontaneous, real-life facepalm as good as Chuck Todd's. And he follows it up with, "This is going to become a bad meme."
    And Rudy said “don’t do this to me” he realized too late what he did

NYYF Legend

I simply cannot wait till we get a real president. One who can govern, one who can be diplomatic, one who understands world issues, one who isn't spiteful, one who doesn't let his ego get in the way, in short a Democrat who is the anthesis of trump

One can only wish.

If God would only grant my wishes and help our floundering country I would kneel down and kiss his ring.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Mulvaney on canceled military parade: It wasn't just the money

Source: Politico

By REBECCA MORIN 08/19/2018 10:49 AM EDT

Office of Management and Budget director Mick Mulvaney said he believes President Donald Trump’s plans for a military parade were canceled for other reasons besides the cost of the event, but would not specify other “contributing factors.”

During an interview on “Fox News Sunday,” Mulvaney said he was not in the room when the decision was made to cancel the parade, as he said he would have been had the cancelation been done “purely for fiscal reasons.”

“If the parade had been canceled purely for fiscal reasons, I imagine I would have been in the room when that was made, and I wasn’t,” he said. “So my guess is there were other contributing factors.”

Trump on Friday blamed local politicians, such as Washington Mayor Muriel Bowser, for the parade’s cancelation, saying they “wanted a number so ridiculously high” that he was forced to hold off on the event.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-parade-788157

Pretty funny that Mulvaney thinks they involve him with all the financial decisions. Bless his little ol' heart

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    You're absolutely right, Alex. For some reason, maybe even our current ambassador Haley would have made flash cards for 45* about KA and that would prompt someone even Haley to release a statement.
    My bad.
    Picture flashcards I assume.

Rudy is the perfect lawyer for Trump.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Devoted Member

Yes, that’s the problem. People seem to think it has something to do with the anthem itself. If you don’t know what they’re protesting, that says more about you than about them.
    Nice try but obviously you can't even give an honest answer to my point. That's fine. I never thought you would. Neither can those millionaires. Police violence, inequality? Seriously?
    If you can't change your mind, you can't change anything

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodoo View Post
    Nice try but obviously you can't even give an honest answer to my point. That's fine. I never thought you would. Neither can those millionaires. Police violence, inequality? Seriously?
    Seriously.

What do you think they are protesting?

On another note, I find it interesting when people say or intimate that because these players make a lot of money, they shouldn't protest. To me, it's actually more notable when people who are making a lot of money risk their careers and the opportunity to earn that money by taking a stand on something. (Although, truthfully most of these NFL players probably aren't actually millionaires).

I know, weird to see millionaires take a stand outside their own self-interests.

Do you think police violence and inequality don't exist, or do you think that is not what they are protesting? If you think it just doesn't happen, you're just wrong, period. If you think that it is NOT what they are protesting (despite their very vocal declarations that it IS what they are protesting), then I ask you, exactly what ARE they protesting? What good is staging a very visible protest if the reasons for said protest are hidden or not known?

Reject Fascism

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    Do you think police violence and inequality don't exist, or do you think that is not what they are protesting? If you think it just doesn't happen, you're just wrong, period. If you think that it is NOT what they are protesting (despite their very vocal declarations that it IS what they are protesting), then I ask you, exactly what ARE they protesting? What good is staging a very visible protest if the reasons for said protest are hidden or not known?
    Hoodoo must think Rosa Parks was protesting busses and hunger strikers are protesting food.

Thread Information