+ Reply to Thread
Page 1776 of 1836 FirstFirst ... 776 1276 1676 1726 1766 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1786 1826 ... LastLast
Results 44,376 to 44,400 of 45892
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    5 refers to the Central Park Five.

As for Charlottesville and Kaepernick, you may agree or disagree with his actions. But to defend one as reasonable cultural protest while calling the others sons of bitches and saying they should be fired is nothing but racist.
    Followed by decrying the banning of white supremacists from Twitter and YouTube.

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Followed by decrying the banning of white supremacists from Twitter and YouTube.
    White supremacists? Is that the new term for conservatives?

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tucker View Post
    No that is the term for quite people who think they are better than others and that because you are not white you are inferior. Trump has many times retweeted posts from known white supremacists, or as he calls them ďfine peopleĒ.
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

No, conservative is the euphemism white supremacists cower behind.
    Oh, I didnít mean to sell Steven Crowder short. Heís a homophobe, too.

No, conservative is the euphemism white supremacists cower behind.
    Oh, I didnít mean to sell Steven Crowder short. Heís a homophobe, too.
    Never even heard of him until today, and I follow a lot of conservatives on Twitter. A few of them have been banned over the last few months. More often, they just get "shadow banned" and have their numbers of likes and RT's tampered with.

When I say conservative, I mean that they favor small government over large government. I don't mean white supremacist.

Never even heard of him until today, and I follow a lot of conservatives on Twitter. A few of them have been banned over the last few months. More often, they just get "shadow banned" and have their numbers of likes and RT's tampered with.

When I say conservative, I mean that they favor small government over large government. I don't mean white supremacist.
    The right wing hasnít embodied small government on 4 decades, least of all this administration.

And I would be willing to bet none of them were shadow banned. Itís some attention seeking nonsense.

You folks sure are experts on the subject.
    They're all easily verifiable. Yet you don't seem to care, which is deeply troubling.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    They're all easily verifiable. Yet you don't seem to care, which is deeply troubling.
    I'll look into it. I will care if the facts are in your favor. Sources will have to be vetted first.
    I'm watching the Yankees getting slaughtered at the moment. It's like a train wreck, I can't look away...

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

I'll look into it. I will care if the facts are in your favor. Sources will have to be vetted first.
    Why am I not surprised all of these instances have passed you by?
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Why am I not surprised all of these instances have passed you by?
    The anti-Trump media has lied, exaggerated, and misrepresented the words and actions of Trump so many times that I no longer even bother reading their material. They rely on unreliable anonymous sources and seldom issue retractions when they are provably wrong. Don't be surprised that I don't even flinch anymore when they shout "WOLF!!!"

I will say this about racism in general - if you dig deep enough, you will find that everyone has at least a twinge or a shade of racism, or has at least demonstrated the same at some point.

This doesn't just apply to white people, either. EVERYONE has, to some degree, a preconceived notion of any given person based on their race. Did you ever subconsciously expect a black person to dance well, or prefer a certain type of music before you knew for sure? Have you ever automatically assumed that a Hispanic person knew Spanish? Have you ever had suspicions about a personal sexual orientation based on anything other than flat-out asking them? All of these are forms of prejudice, and admitting that we all have a problem with it is the first step towards becoming better people.

Having said that, even if everything that was posted checks out [the central park five was a very, very messy situation - I'll just say that from having read the Wikipedia entry before I get into anything else], NO, I do not think Trump is any more racist than anyone else. I do not think he has hatred in his heart for people of color and minorities. I do think he recognizes that some people do, and I do believe that he has used that to his advantage in different ways over the course of his life, such as in the case in the 1970s.

It's not right, and I don't condone it, but what choice do I have? Trump or one of these Democrats that somehow all become a multi-millionaires while supposedly earning a civil servant's salary? Kick backs? Insider trading? Phony non-profit organizations? Sorry, I need a politician who isn't in it for the money. At least I know Trump doesn't need any more and has actually lost money since taking office.

The anti-Trump media has lied, exaggerated, and misrepresented the words and actions of Trump so many times that I no longer even bother reading their material. They rely on unreliable anonymous sources and seldom issue retractions when they are provably wrong. Don't be surprised that I don't even flinch anymore when they shout "WOLF!!!"

I will say this about racism in general - if you dig deep enough, you will find that everyone has at least a twinge or a shade of racism, or has at least demonstrated the same at some point.

This doesn't just apply to white people, either. EVERYONE has, to some degree, a preconceived notion of any given person based on their race. Did you ever subconsciously expect a black person to dance well, or prefer a certain type of music before you knew for sure? Have you ever automatically assumed that a Hispanic person knew Spanish? Have you ever had suspicions about a personal sexual orientation based on anything other than flat-out asking them? All of these are forms of prejudice, and admitting that we all have a problem with it is the first step towards becoming better people.

Having said that, even if everything that was posted checks out [the central park five was a very, very messy situation - I'll just say that from having read the Wikipedia entry before I get into anything else], NO, I do not think Trump is any more racist than anyone else. I do not think he has hatred in his heart for people of color and minorities. I do think he recognizes that some people do, and I do believe that he has used that to his advantage in different ways over the course of his life, such as in the case in the 1970s.

It's not right, and I don't condone it, but what choice do I have? Trump or one of these Democrats that somehow all become a multi-millionaires while supposedly earning a civil servant's salary? Kick backs? Insider trading? Phony non-profit organizations? Sorry, I need a politician who isn't in it for the money. At least I know Trump doesn't need any more and has actually lost money since taking office.
    Zero chance he has lost money with the number of times he has used Trump properties on the taxpayer dime.

Zero chance he has lost money with the number of times he has used Trump properties on the taxpayer dime.
    Trump tumbles down the Forbes 400 as his net worth takes major hit
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/02/trum...-declines.html

The Central Park 5 was a messy situation only because five innocent young men were railroaded. Before they were tried, Trump called for their execution. To date, he has not accepted their exoneration.

The readers here will yawn in collective boredom if I go yet again into the differences between racism and mere preconceived stereotypes, so I wonít.

Trump tumbles down the Forbes 400 as his net worth takes major hit
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/02/trum...-declines.html
    lol, did you read it? His stated net worth took a hit because itís become more apparent he was previously exaggerating it (and likely still is).

The Central Park 5 was a messy situation only because five innocent young men were railroaded. Before they were tried, Trump called for their execution. To date, he has not accepted their exoneration.

The readers here will yawn in collective boredom if I go yet again into the differences between racism and mere preconceived stereotypes, so I won’t.
    Do you really believe the 5 suspects (who had initially confessed) were innocent law-abiding people who never hurt anyone? How wrong was Trump, really?

From Wikipedia:

"At 9 p.m. on the night of April 19 1989, a group of more than 30 teenagers who lived in East Harlem entered Manhattan's Central Park at an entrance in Harlem, near Central Park North.[4] They committed several attacks, assaults, and robberies in the northernmost part of the park.[5][6] At 1:30 that night, a white woman jogger was found in the park, pulled off the path and badly beaten, and later revealed to have been raped. The New York Times later characterized the attack on the jogger as "one of the most widely publicized crimes of the 1980s".[1]

According to a police investigation, the main suspects were gangs of teenagers who would assault strangers as part of an activity that became known as "wilding". New York City detectives said the term was used by the suspects when describing their actions to police.[7] This account has been disputed by some journalists, who say that it originated in a police detective's misunderstanding of the suspects' use of the phrase "doing the wild thing", lyrics from rapper Tone Lōc's hit song "Wild Thing".[8][9]

Some of the 30 teenagers attacked and beat people as they moved south, on the park's East Drive and the 97th Street transverse, between 9 pm and 10 pm.[4] Within the North Woods, between 102nd and 105th streets, they attacked several bicyclists, hurled rocks at a cab, and attacked a pedestrian, whom they robbed and left unconscious.[4][10] A schoolteacher out for a run was severely beaten and kicked, between 9:40 and 9:50.[4] He was hit in the back of the head with a pipe and stick, knocking him briefly unconscious.[4][11][10][12] A police officer testified that the teacher was bleeding so badly he "looked like he was dunked in a bucket of blood".[13] Five suspects were later convicted on these charges.[2]"

"The five juveniles were interviewed for at least seven hours each before the detectives attempted to take their statements as video confessions,[4] and some were held longer without relief, or food or drink. Santana, McCray, and Richardson later made video statements in the presence of their respective parents,[4][2] but no parents had been present during the lengthy police interrogations prior to that.[4] Wise made a number of statements while on his own.[4][2] Salaam told the police he was 15 years old but showed them identification that said he was 16, which he said was false. If a suspect had reached 16 years of age, his parents or guardians no longer had a right to accompany him during police questioning, or to refuse to permit him to answer any questions.[2] After Salaam's mother arrived at the station, the police stopped the questioning, but Salaam's earlier statements were admitted into trial testimony.[2]"

"According to a 2014 article in The Daily Beast by Edward Conlon, before the raped jogger was found, one of the other boys whom the police had rounded up that night said that he "didn't do the murder"; he was sitting in the back of a police car and named Antron McCray as the perpetrator. Kevin Richardson, who was sitting beside him, allegedly agreed, saying "Antron did it". He also said that after Raymond Santana had been interrogated about the rape and while he was being driven to another precinct, he exclaimed: "I had nothing to do with the rape. All I did was feel her ****." [38] [39]"

lol, did you read it? His stated net worth took a hit because itís become more apparent he was previously exaggerating it (and likely still is).
    You see what you want to see and skip the rest.

Trump's Net Worth decreased according to Bloomberg's and Forbes' calculations, not Trump's own figures.

http://money.com/money/5188095/donal...et-worth-2018/
    http://fortune.com/2018/05/31/donald...t-worth-drops/
    https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...ump-net-worth/

"The problem lies not in the object being perceived, but in the narrow worldview of the perceiver who bends everything to fit what he knows." - J. Michael Straczynski

You see what you want to see and skip the rest.

Trump's Net Worth decreased according to Bloomberg's and Forbes' calculations, not Trump's own figures.

http://money.com/money/5188095/donal...et-worth-2018/
    http://fortune.com/2018/05/31/donald...t-worth-drops/
    https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...ump-net-worth/

"The problem lies not in the object being perceived, but in the narrow worldview of the perceiver who bends everything to fit what he knows." - J. Michael Straczynski
    ((Heís making money every time he frequents a Trump property))

NYYF Legend

good to know youíve been brainwashed by Trumpís propaganda. Heís got at least one convert.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

BRAVO. It is interesting how trump supporters believe every lie he tells but are too lazy to do any research. Trump has a history of scamming people. The trump University; the trump Foundation; uses money from his campaigns for his personal use. has frequent stays at his properties at our expense. He is a con man supreme, a charleton and a cameleon.

He is a self proclaimed great businessman then why is he so afraid to release his tax records? Why did he go bankrupt six times? How come he has reported losses in the billions over a ten year period and holds the record for loss in a single year? Why has he reneged on many of the deals he has made with private citizens? He simply cannot be trusted.

In Ohio as per his "modus operandi" he uses the attack tactic on Joe Biden questioning Biden's intelligence He has done this to scores of opponents in the past. Why does he focus on opponents intelligence and demean them while often saying that he is the smartest in the room? If that is so you would think he would be extraordinarily proud of that, yet he has used strong coercion to get the educational institutions he has attended, not to release his transcripts. Why?

Trump supporters refuse to acknowledge facts, just as their hero does. tramp is proud that he is anti science, that he eschews reading books or presidential briefs.

This is your hero folks. You are as bad as he is in refusing to do the research on his past and present misdeeds

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Do you really believe the 5 suspects (who had initially confessed) were innocent law-abiding people who never hurt anyone? How wrong was Trump, really?

From Wikipedia:

"At 9 p.m. on the night of April 19 1989, a group of more than 30 teenagers who lived in East Harlem entered Manhattan's Central Park at an entrance in Harlem, near Central Park North.[4] They committed several attacks, assaults, and robberies in the northernmost part of the park.[5][6] At 1:30 that night, a white woman jogger was found in the park, pulled off the path and badly beaten, and later revealed to have been raped. The New York Times later characterized the attack on the jogger as "one of the most widely publicized crimes of the 1980s".[1]

According to a police investigation, the main suspects were gangs of teenagers who would assault strangers as part of an activity that became known as "wilding". New York City detectives said the term was used by the suspects when describing their actions to police.[7] This account has been disputed by some journalists, who say that it originated in a police detective's misunderstanding of the suspects' use of the phrase "doing the wild thing", lyrics from rapper Tone Lōc's hit song "Wild Thing".[8][9]

Some of the 30 teenagers attacked and beat people as they moved south, on the park's East Drive and the 97th Street transverse, between 9 pm and 10 pm.[4] Within the North Woods, between 102nd and 105th streets, they attacked several bicyclists, hurled rocks at a cab, and attacked a pedestrian, whom they robbed and left unconscious.[4][10] A schoolteacher out for a run was severely beaten and kicked, between 9:40 and 9:50.[4] He was hit in the back of the head with a pipe and stick, knocking him briefly unconscious.[4][11][10][12] A police officer testified that the teacher was bleeding so badly he "looked like he was dunked in a bucket of blood".[13] Five suspects were later convicted on these charges.[2]"

"The five juveniles were interviewed for at least seven hours each before the detectives attempted to take their statements as video confessions,[4] and some were held longer without relief, or food or drink. Santana, McCray, and Richardson later made video statements in the presence of their respective parents,[4][2] but no parents had been present during the lengthy police interrogations prior to that.[4] Wise made a number of statements while on his own.[4][2] Salaam told the police he was 15 years old but showed them identification that said he was 16, which he said was false. If a suspect had reached 16 years of age, his parents or guardians no longer had a right to accompany him during police questioning, or to refuse to permit him to answer any questions.[2] After Salaam's mother arrived at the station, the police stopped the questioning, but Salaam's earlier statements were admitted into trial testimony.[2]"

"According to a 2014 article in The Daily Beast by Edward Conlon, before the raped jogger was found, one of the other boys whom the police had rounded up that night said that he "didn't do the murder"; he was sitting in the back of a police car and named Antron McCray as the perpetrator. Kevin Richardson, who was sitting beside him, allegedly agreed, saying "Antron did it". He also said that after Raymond Santana had been interrogated about the rape and while he was being driven to another precinct, he exclaimed: "I had nothing to do with the rape. All I did was feel her ****." [38] [39]"
    Whether they were law-abiding angels is completely irrelevant.

But why do you say they werenít, and that they hurt people? Weíre they ever accused of or arrested for anything that they actually did?

On what basis was Trump calling for their execution?

Why does he still refuse to accept their exoneration?.

Not a single thing you say here actually implicates them in a crime. What one said about another - and what was said by the police who railroaded them- has no demonstrates nothing. Your post just suggest that they were black and Hispanic teenagers, and black and Hispanic teenagers committed crimes that night, so QED. Itís an entirely racist argument.

Whether they were law-abiding angels is completely irrelevant.

But why do you say they werenít, and that they hurt people? Weíre they ever accused of or arrested for anything that they actually did?

On what basis was Trump calling for their execution?

Why does he still refuse to accept their exoneration?.

Not a single thing you say here actually implicates them in a crime. What one said about another - and what was said by the police who railroaded them- has no demonstrates nothing. Your post just suggest that they were black and Hispanic teenagers, and black and Hispanic teenagers committed crimes that night, so QED. Itís an entirely racist argument.
    That argument was so egregiously racist that it wasn't worthy of a response.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    That argument was so egregiously racist that it wasn't worthy of a response.
    What that they were black youths in NYC so the must have guilty of something is racist? Who knew.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    What that they were black youths in NYC so the must have guilty of something is racist? Who knew.
    Existing while black.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

He thinks "executive privilege" is there for anything he doesn't like. What possible legit reason could there be to withhold these documents from Congress? It certainly doesn't make the administration look less guilty of trying to doctor the census to help white people.

Trump Asserts Executive Privilege on Census Documents Ahead of House Committee Contempt Vote
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/12/u...privilege.html

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    He thinks "executive privilege" is there for anything he doesn't like. What possible legit reason could there be to withhold these documents from Congress? It certainly doesn't make the administration look less guilty of trying to doctor the census to help white people.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/12/u...privilege.html
    And right after the contempt vote against Barr and Ross were placed on hold
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

Thread Information