+ Reply to Thread
Page 417 of 1118 FirstFirst ... 317 367 407 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 427 467 517 917 ... LastLast
Results 10,401 to 10,425 of 27950
  1. #10401
    Released Outright awy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Re: President Donald Trump

    uh weapons sales to taiwan and china protesting it are ordinary and routine. not much to blame trump over. it happens like every year

  2. #10402
    Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    uh weapons sales to taiwan and china protesting it are ordinary and routine. not much to blame trump over. it happens like every year
    Although B is still right that they can be added to the list of countries Trump has pissed off. First for that earlier phone call then again a few days ago over a North Korea tweet.

  3. #10403
    Released Outright awy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Re: President Donald Trump

    trump's lack of response over the korea thaad stuff tells you all you need to know about how much china likes him.

    oh and the TPP lol.

  4. #10404

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    uh weapons sales to taiwan and china protesting it are ordinary and routine. not much to blame trump over. it happens like every year
    Indeed: http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/16/politi...an-arms-sales/

  5. #10405
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: President Donald Trump

    The second to the last person in the world I want to run this country is Mike Pence. However, as things are going so far, Donald Trump is the last person I want in charge. He had every chance to deliver...a majority in the House and Senate and a solid base. But he blew it. Nearly all of his promises were unattainable but he still could have delivered some big wins. All he's done so far though is spit out one lie after another while continuing to hold campaign style rallies, attack the media and play golf. His proposed budget is worrisome. His health care plan is a mess, and on and on. If he has any chance of moving forward he has to gain some credibility with the citizens of this country, as well as international communities, and I just don't see that happening. Let Pence finish the term. Some of us may not agree with the direction he steers the ship, but at least he'll steer straight. Trump steers like Gilligan.
    Let the kids play.

  6. #10406
    Released Outright awy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Re: President Donald Trump

    trump steers our little sailboat here like captain nemo

    dive dive dive

  7. #10407

    Re: President Donald Trump

    I swear there isn't one sane person in the WH. Or......maybe they're scared ................less of 45* ranting and raving.

    White House Defends Wiretapping Claim Despite FBI Director Knockdown

    Source: Talking Points Memo


    By MATT SHUHAM Published MARCH 20, 2017, 2:20 PM EDT

    White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Monday that President Donald Trump stood by his unsubstantiated claim that former President Barack Obama ordered the wiretapping of Trump Tower during the 2016 campaign.

    During his daily press briefing, which began during a break in FBI Director James Comey’s testimony to the House Intelligence Committee, Spicer was asked about Comey saying that neither the FBI, nor any component of the Justice Department, had seen information to support Trump’s claim.

    “He said that there is no information to support the allegations that the President made against President Obama,” ABC’s Jonathan Karl told Spicer, referring to Comey, before the press secretary cut him off. “At this time,” Spicer said.

    “So is the President prepared to withdraw that accusation and apologize to the President?” Karl asked. “No,” Spicer responded. “We started a hearing. It’s still ongoing. And then, as Chairman Nunes mentioned, this is one of a series of hearings that will be happening.”

    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...pping-claim--2

    Spicer = Bagdad Bob
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

  8. #10408

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    That wasn't the point of the exchange with JLW. The argument that we need Trump voters in order to win in two years, and 4, is completely inaccurate and a waste of time. As we see from Arod, Hitman, Hoodoo, etc they ain't changing their vote no matter what. Focus on the base. The base, the base, the base.

    As for your point, yup. Trump is President. And historically unpopular, trying to kill people's healthcare, while being investigated for ties to Russia.

    I'd say if we had to go through a Trump presidency, and we do, we're in a position to ensure it's amazingly unsuccessful.
    In the Election thread many months ago, I asked you why you were so intense about the general election. Hillary was way ahead of Trump in all polls and was projected to skate to an easy EC win. Your response was something I remembered.

    You told me that while you were confident of a Hillary victory, also....there was a side of you sensing an impending doom. You were concerned that complacency would hit the Dem base and they would stay home, to the point where Trump could eek out an EC win. It was your nightmare scenario and it's what happened.

    But then, you said history would be changed. Moving ahead, people would finally realize that their votes really counted and the voter percentage across the country would increase dramatically. So, yes, it doesn't matter what the GOP voters do. It comes down to the Democratic base coming out to vote for their '20 candidate, or they'll receive another 4 years of Trump.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

  9. #10409

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Agreed. Whether one agrees they did it or not but a lot of people feelmthe DNC was corrupt and forced her on us and while some may have said Hillary is the same as Trump I think a more accurate statement would be there was not a lot of passion for Hillary unlike in 08 and 12 for Obama. Dems stayed home in 2014 and they did again in 16. Hillary lost PA because there was one overwhelmingly democratic county that voted in high percentages and volume for Obama and while voted in high percentages for Hillary, she didn't get the volume. While I personally felt and even more so now feel she was better than Trump, because Of her ties to Wall Street and her being a war hawk I didn't vote enthusiastically for her. Go back and read some election post mortems and that will confirm what I am saying.
    I always believed that you had the most accurate autopsy reports.

    Many Hillary voters held their noses while pulling the lever. ARodEra and Mr Coffee would have been two of them. Many more Obama voters simply stayed home.

    In order for the Democratic party to regroup, an accurate autopsy report needs to occur. However, I believe that between Perez and Ellison, identity politics will continue to dominate the party and that will hurt them.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

  10. #10410

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    The second to the last person in the world I want to run this country is Mike Pence. However, as things are going so far, Donald Trump is the last person I want in charge. He had every chance to deliver...a majority in the House and Senate and a solid base. But he blew it. Nearly all of his promises were unattainable but he still could have delivered some big wins. All he's done so far though is spit out one lie after another while continuing to hold campaign style rallies, attack the media and play golf. His proposed budget is worrisome. His health care plan is a mess, and on and on. If he has any chance of moving forward he has to gain some credibility with the citizens of this country, as well as international communities, and I just don't see that happening. Let Pence finish the term. Some of us may not agree with the direction he steers the ship, but at least he'll steer straight. Trump steers like Gilligan.
    How would this plan work? Trump would acknowledge he is over his head and would voluntarily step down for the good of the country?
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

  11. #10411
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    I always believed that you had the most accurate autopsy reports.

    Many Hillary voters held their noses while pulling the lever. ARodEra and Mr Coffee would have been two of them. Many more Obama voters simply stayed home.

    In order for the Democratic party to regroup, an accurate autopsy report needs to occur. However, I believe that between Perez and Ellison, identity politics will continue to dominate the party and that will hurt them.
    And what I mean by learning from history. Know why you lost so you don't do it again
    Posts in invisible key strokes

  12. #10412
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Obama, Hillary, DWS and Donna Brazile created President Donald J. Trump. I know....hard for some to admit and accept it.
    I'll give you Hillary, DWS and the Donna Brazile's of the world, but if he could have run again, Obama would have won a 3rd term by a bigger margin than 08 or 12.

  13. #10413

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    In the Election thread many months ago, I asked you why you were so intense about the general election. Hillary was way ahead of Trump in all polls and was projected to skate to an easy EC win. Your response was something I remembered.

    You told me that while you were confident of a Hillary victory, also....there was a side of you sensing an impending doom. You were concerned that complacency would hit the Dem base and they would stay home, to the point where Trump could eek out an EC win. It was your nightmare scenario and it's what happened.

    But then, you said history would be changed. Moving ahead, people would finally realize that their votes really counted and the voter percentage across the country would increase dramatically. So, yes, it doesn't matter what the GOP voters do. It comes down to the Democratic base coming out to vote for their '20 candidate, or they'll receive another 4 years of Trump.
    No love for the independents?

    In 2015, for the fifth consecutive year, at least four in 10 U.S. adults identified as political independents. The 42% identifying as independents in 2015 was down slightly from the record 43% in 2014. This elevated percentage of political independents leaves Democratic (29%) and Republican (26%) identification at or near recent low points, with the modest Democratic advantage roughly where it has been over the past five years.
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/188096/de...ical-lows.aspx

  14. #10414

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    The true independent voter is a mythical beast.

    Although political independents lack a strong enough attachment to either party to say they identify as a Republican or a Democrat, most are inclined to favor one party over the other and generally vote that way.

  15. #10415

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    The true independent voter is a mythical beast.
    Absolutely. There's almost always a 'lean'.

    But it would be smart to energize that bloc and get them to vote the way they're leaning.

  16. #10416

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Absolutely. There's almost always a 'lean'.

    But it would be smart to energize that bloc and get them to vote the way they're leaning.
    I place a large emphasis on the independents and consider myself as one. I think they're critical.

    But I avoid discussing them in this thread as I don't think they're taken all that seriously as a voting bloc around here.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

  17. #10417
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodoo View Post
    Could you please explain what Russia did to interfere with our election? You said your brother had been asked to stay on til Jan 19th to help with this 'interference' investigation.
    Can you shed some light on what that evidence could be?
    My brother stayed on to help write the report. I can't share any of the classified evidence with you, because he couldn't share any of it with me. But do you still doubt that the Russians hacked the DNC, and that their intent was to disrupt the election? Again, even Trump believes it,

  18. #10418

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    I place a large emphasis on the independents and consider myself as one. I think they're critical.

    But I avoid discussing them in this thread as I don't think they're taken all that seriously as a voting bloc around here.
    Not taking independents seriously is a pretty big mistake.

  19. #10419
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    The true independent voter is a mythical beast.
    Nice Thurber reference.

  20. #10420

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    My brother stayed on to help write the report. I can't share any of the classified evidence with you, because he couldn't share any of it with me. But do you still doubt that the Russians hacked the DNCZ computers, and that their intent was to disrupt the election? Again, even Trump believes it,
    I'm not sure you can use Trump as a reliable source even when he is just stating his opinion.

  21. #10421
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    How would this plan work? Trump would acknowledge he is over his head and would voluntarily step down for the good of the country?
    All I can think of is mutiny. A core group of House and Senate republicans secretly threaten to impeach if he doesn't agree to resign.
    Let the kids play.

  22. #10422
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I'm not sure you can use Trump as a reliable source even when he is just stating his opinion.
    No, that was after he saw the classified report. Obvious anagram Reince Priebus said the same, speaking for the administration.

  23. #10423
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Even if he believed the Russians didn't have anything to do with the leak, he couldn't spit in the face of his intelligence agencies any longer and expect to live.

  24. #10424
    Not fooling anyone. Soriambi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    The true independent voter is a mythical beast.
    Perhaps with the exception of the truly oblivious.
    -Kevin

    "My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan


    "I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

    RIP, Pete.

  25. #10425
    Diplomacy at it's finest, folks.

    Exclusive: Tillerson plans to skip NATO meeting, visit Russia in April - sources

    Source: Reuters

    U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson plans to skip an April 5-6 meeting of NATO foreign ministers for a U.S. visit by the Chinese president and will travel to Russia later in the month, U.S. officials said on Monday, a step allies may see as putting Moscow's concerns ahead of theirs.

    Tillerson intends to miss what would be his first meeting in Brussels with the 28 NATO members to attend President Donald Trump's expected April 6-7 talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, four current and former U.S. officials said.

    The decisions to skip the NATO meeting and to visit Moscow risked feeding a perception that Trump may be putting U.S. dealings with big powers before those of smaller nations that depend on Washington for their security, said two former U.S. officials.

    Trump has often praised Russian President Vladimir Putin, and Tillerson worked with Russia's government for years as a top executive at Exxon Mobil Corp, and has questioned the wisdom of sanctions against Russia that he said could harm U.S. businesses.

    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...KBN16S04I?il=0
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 11 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 10 guests)

  1. ojo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts