+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 962 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

President Donald Trump

I closed down the Election 2016 thread, but have opened this one to discuss the POTUS. I must be a glutton for punishment.About 95% of the complaints I get via IM are from that one thread.A similar percentage of ďreported postsĒ also come from that thread.However, itís generated over 37,000 entries.Our community clearly sees value in a political discussion.So, we can let it continue.

GROUND RULES
    1. Keep it courteous and respectful. Disagree all you want, but watch the tone.
    2. No personal attacks.
    3. Avoid speculation on what another poster ďreally means.Ē Itís tedious.
    4. Donít state your opinion as fact.
    5. Show some respect toward the office. You donít need to respect President Trump, but I wonít tolerate blatant disrespect. If you donít understand the difference, you donít need to participate.
    6. Keep it courteous and respectful. [I know. Thatís also Rule #1. Itís important enough that it needs to be repeated.]

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Re: President Donald Trump

First!

I'll say this much for the Trump daughters while watching them this morning - they keep highly paid hair professionals gainfully employed. Bless their hearts.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I'll say this much for the Trump daughters while watching them this morning - they keep highly paid hair professionals gainfully employed. Bless their hearts.
    <jenn>Why do you have to comment on the womens' hair when Donald is standing right next to them?</jenn>

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    <jenn>Why do you have to comment on the womens' hair when Donald is standing right next to them?</jenn>
    [*]No personal attacks.
    Well. That one was blown to complete poop pretty quickly.

NYYF Legend

1. I don't see the discussion of Hillary off-limits in the rules.
    2. 6 open political threads. Box them in a soapy manner.

If DT runs as an independent, the presidency will go directly to Hillary.

Holy crap, a Dan Quayle sighting at the inauguration.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Agreed.

Holy crap, a Dan Quayle sighting at the inauguration.
    If the VP is worth less than a bucket of warm spit, what's a former VP worth?
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Mike Pence looks like Malekith the Accursed.

Personal opinion here (sorry Maynerd) - these guys need to button their jackets. It makes them look sloppy with them open.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    If DT runs as an independent, the presidency will go directly to Hillary.
    This post seems familiar.

proud to be an AMERICAN today.
    kyle

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    This post seems familiar.
    I was hoping we could just completely reenact the entire election thread.

SJW and proud

Hillary is now irrelevant so I agree. No reason to discuss
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

NYYF Legend

It's a new Amerika, that's for sure.

Personal opinion here (sorry Maynerd) - these guys need to button their jackets. It makes them look sloppy with them open.
    No apology necessary, and I agree.

I remember top hats and morning coats for the inauguration. The least these guys could do is button their jackets.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    I was hoping we could just completely reenact the entire election thread.
    Our government has checks and balances designed specifically against any one person doing catastrophic damage. Trump can't unilaterally launch nukes. And the rest of his dumb ideas aren't feasible i.e. building the wall, changing libel laws, etc. He's not the CEO of a company, he can't change laws by issuing a memo.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

This inauguration is a victory for all hard-working Americans who think rich, non-hard working Americans deserve an even deeper tax cut.

Why's Cardinal Dolan there instead of the Cardinal Archbishop of Washington D.C.?

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    It's a new Amerika, that's for sure.
    It's really not. This is just the first time in a looooong time racism has been given support on a national scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    No apology necessary, and I agree.

I remember top hats and morning coats for the inauguration. The least these guys could do is button their jackets.
    Note that Obama has his buttoned. The man has style.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Our government has checks and balances designed specifically against any one person doing catastrophic damage. Trump can't unilaterally launch nukes. And the rest of his dumb ideas aren't feasible i.e. building the wall, changing libel laws, etc. He's not the CEO of a company, he can't change laws by issuing a memo.
    But that check (Congress) has shown no signs of being any sort of hindrance to Trump. They are letting him get away with things that no politician from either side has ever been allowed to do. Even in the old world of non-hyper partisanship, what he's done/said/acted on have been more than enough to warrant outrage from Congress. Yes the Presidency and Executive Branch has grown in power over the past 50 years, but this Congress is selling us all out just because they finally got a guy who will sign their tax cuts into law.

If Donald did everything he's done and said over the past 18 months with the only change being running as a Democrat, this Congress would be holding impeachment hearings tomorrow.

I don't believe that's true, but I also don't really believe he would launch a nuke. Probably.

And checks and balances are meaningless unless they're enforced. The constitution is a worthless piece of paper if no one cares.

Thread Information