+ Reply to Thread
Page 1488 of 1488 FirstFirst ... 488 988 1388 1438 1478 1485 1486 1487 1488
Results 37,176 to 37,190 of 37190
    Nice is different than good. Texsahara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Wait. There's somebody at the White House who's job is to talk the POTUS out of doing or saying dumb things?
    If there is they should be fired.

Re: President Donald Trump

Wait. There's somebody at the White House who's job is to talk the POTUS out of doing or saying dumb things?
    Not usually, but today there were a couple of hundred.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

If there is, they sure aren't doing a good job of it.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    If there is, they sure aren't doing a good job of it.
    well, in all fairness it's a Herculean task.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Bonus Quote of the Day

https://politicalwire.com/2018/07/17...f-the-day-985/

“Unfortunately, too much of politics today seems to reject the very concept of objective truth. People just make stuff up… We see the utter loss of shame among political leaders where they’re caught in a lie and they just double down.”

— Barack Obama, delivering the 2018 Nelson Mandela Annual Lecture in Johannesburg.
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Soybean prices are down 20% over the past two months which is probably enough to put some farmers close to being non-profit.

If you review the chart you will see that the trend in soybean prices have been on a decline ever since the historic high of Sept 2012 - six years ago. Sure, the tariffs imposed by China on our soybeans are obviously going to affect the immediate prices & our farmers, but the trend was already in place.

I'm not so pessimistic as you & the others here. But I get the reason. The sky is falling with anything that Trump does.

Market prices in crops are always subject to trends and the trend for soybeans was already in place. The immediate affect will be our soybean farmers will suffer setbacks. However a good farmer doesnt put all their eggs in one basket. I feel confident about the future.

Then there is this:

China Could End Up Hurting Itself With Trade Action Against US Farmers. Here's How

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/19/chin...-a-pickle.html
    If you can't change your mind, you can't change anything

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodoo View Post
    Market prices in crops are always subject to trends and the trend for soybeans was already in place. The immediate affect will be our soybean farmers will suffer setbacks. However a good farmer doesnt put all their eggs in one basket. I feel confident about the future.
    But a farmer had to make decisions about what crops to plant months before Trump announced his trade war.

And Trump's trade war just killed one of the largest US markets for soy bean exports before the crop is even harvested.
    Baseball is life;

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Well, Brazilian soybean producers are stealing sales from somebody:

http://fortune.com/2018/07/06/trump-...mers-soybeans/

...and this is just the beginning. When it comes to trade, Trump is a certifiable idiot. But Brazilian farmers adore him.

No doubt that Brazil's soybean farmers will reap immediate benefits. But remember trade goes in many directions!

Brazil's remains the largest seller of soybeans to China but its exports to China tend to be exhausted in the fall months or December.

"Brazil will run out of soybeans to export fairly quickly in 2018, if China redirects 90 to 95 percent of their attention to importing Brazilian beans," said Terry Reilly, an analyst with Chicago brokerage Futures International.

China also has to contend with tighter supplies from Argentina, the world's third-biggest soybean exporter.

Argentina drought cuts supplies
    A prolonged drought in Argentina means its domestic harvest is expected to be significantly lower. As a result, Argentina's crushers — producers of soymeal and soy oil — have been importing more supplies of U.S. beans. Earlier this month, it was reported that Argentina made its biggest order of U.S. soy since 1997.

PS: Today, August soybean futures closed 10 cents higher at $8.395. November futures closed 9.5 cents higher at $8.5525

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    But a farmer had to make decisions about what crops to plant months before Trump announced his trade war.

And Trump's trade war just killed one of the largest US markets for soy bean exports before the crop is even harvested.

As I mentioned, our farmers will take a hit. But all is not lost. There's a drought in Argentina.

A prolonged drought in Argentina means its domestic harvest is expected to be significantly lower. As a result, Argentina's crushers — producers of soymeal and soy oil — have been importing more supplies of U.S. beans. Earlier this month, it was reported that Argentina made its biggest order of U.S. soy since 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Mueller has his tax returns and that's one of the reasons why he's deathly afraid of this investigation and why he continues his attempts to discredit it. The hope is his base will remain loyal and blind to his misdeeds, once they're reveal to the public and the Congress.
    Do we know Mueller has his tax returns? I sure hope so.
    "A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."
    -- Declaration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Do we know Mueller has his tax returns? I sure hope so.
    I'm pretty sure he does and I wouldn't be surprise if other members of his family are not in the same boat.
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

NYYF Legend

So much for how the storyline that the FBI was trying to disrupt Trump's summit:

@MarshallCohen 55m55 minutes ago

CNN can now confirm Rod Rosenstein did in fact give Trump the option to delay announcing the Russian hacking indictment until *after* the Helsinki summit. The White House told Rosenstein it was OK to announce before the summit, so he did. (from @Kevinliptakcnn and @LauraAJarrett)

https://twitter.com/MarshallCohen/st...64134863982592

If you review the chart you will see that the trend in soybean prices have been on a decline ever since the historic high of Sept 2012 - six years ago. Sure, the tariffs imposed by China on our soybeans are obviously going to affect the immediate prices & our farmers, but the trend was already in place.

I'm not so pessimistic as you & the others here. But I get the reason. The sky is falling with anything that Trump does.

Then there is this:

China Could End Up Hurting Itself With Trade Action Against US Farmers. Here's How

What chart?

NYYF Legend

As I mentioned, our farmers will take a hit. But all is not lost. There's a drought in Argentina.

Ah yes, the global warming that Trump denies. I’m guessing he didn’t take that into account when he started his ill conceived trade war.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    If there is they should be fired.
    Why? That's like having Bob Baffert train Francis the Talking Mule for the Kentucky Derby and firing him if Francis loses.

Thread Information