+ Reply to Thread
Page 810 of 827 FirstFirst ... 310 710 760 800 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 820 ... LastLast
Results 20,226 to 20,250 of 20654
  1. #20226

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    You're not interested in discussing things with someone who might disagree with you.

    What would you call that?
    Yeah, that's it.

  2. #20227

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Yeah, that's it.
    That's certainly what it looks like.

  3. #20228
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: President Donald Trump

    I wish this guy was more vocal and did more/used whatever power his office has instead of resigned and bitched about things on his way out. Now that office is empty and the person who would name his replacement is Trump.

  4. #20229

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I wish this guy was more vocal and did more/used whatever power his office has instead of resigned and bitched about things on his way out. Now that office is empty and the person who would name his replacement is Trump.
    I don't think his office has any power. I get the impression that it is purely advisory. You would think that would be sufficient. Administrations should want to comply with ethics policies.

  5. #20230

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I wish this guy was more vocal and did more/used whatever power his office has instead of resigned and bitched about things on his way out. Now that office is empty and the person who would name his replacement is Trump.
    I don't know what any good anything does anymore. What consequences have there been for Trump thus far due to any of his behavior?

  6. #20231

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    [Moderator]
    [/Moderator]


    Thanks. Glacier National Park was breathtaking, and Yellowstone remains incredible. Twelve days out in the woods, though.....it's good to be back in civilization.
    That's really cool that you do this for the Boy Scouts. I bet they really had a good time and appreciate your efforts.
    Loving some nothing burgers!!!

  7. #20232

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Enjoy the echo chamber.
    although i don't agree with jl25 very much, he seemed to formulate his own opinions most of the time. with each passing day, he is sinking further and further into the echo chamber.

    it's a damn shame.
    kyle

  8. #20233

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Well this can't be good..............

    Trump's ISIS War Set to Double Obama's Civilian Deaths

    Source: Newsweek



    The U.S.-led coalition's campaign against the Islamic State militant group (ISIS) under President Donald Trump is on track to cause double the civilian casualties than the operations of his predecessor Barack Obama, according to new analysis.

    Monitoring group Air wars, in a new figures provided to The Daily Beast, estimated that the coalition has killed over 2,200 civilians in ISIS-held territory in Iraq and Syria between Trump's inauguration on January 20 and July 13. This represents more than 360 civilian deaths a month and at least 12 a day since he entered the White House.

    According to the coalition's figures, its strikes have killed 603 civilians since the beginning of the airstrike campaign against ISIS in 2014. Of those, Air wars estimates that around 40 percent of them came after Trump's inauguration, alluding to the possibility of a greater disregard for civilian life at a time when ISIS's hold on its self-styled caliphate is coming to an end.

    The coalition does not specify the air force of the country that conducts each coalition airstrike in Iraq and Syria. The member nations in the coalition include Britain, the U.S., Belgium, the Netherlands, Australia, France, Canada, Denmark, Sweden, Italy and Turkey.


    http://www.newsweek.com/president-tr...-deaths-637538
    Loving some nothing burgers!!!

  9. #20234

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post

    When we actually discuss the President, this thread can be informative and entertaining, even if a little echo chamber-y.

    [/Moderator]


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Enjoy the echo chamber.
    Quote Originally Posted by KLJ View Post
    although i don't agree with jl25 very much, he seemed to formulate his own opinions most of the time. with each passing day, he is sinking further and further into the echo chamber.

    it's a damn shame.
    Is there an echo in here?

  10. #20235
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    Is there an echo in here?
    My suggestion is rather than creating an echo chamber of their own to respond to the points and even bring some up and stop the snarky insulting (either side) comments aimed AT posters. I am going to try better on my part but to anyone thinking this is a "left" problem then take off the partisan glasses, it is going on with both sides here.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

  11. #20236

    Re: President Donald Trump

    So 45* depicts this week as MAGA. Kickoff at the WH right now.
    MADE IN AMERICA BY AMERICANS.

    Donald Trump's 'Made in America' week marred by criticism of company's overseas manufacturing deal

    Source: Independent

    White House initiative undermined by Trump Organization's habit of taking advantage of cheap labour in foreign climes


    3 hours ago

    ............................
    ...............

    The week will begin Monday with a “Made in America product showcase” featuring crafts and other items created in each of the 50 states. The president plans to issue a declaration Wednesday and deliver remarks on the importance of making things in the United States. And Saturday, Trump will travel to Norfolk to attend the commissioning of the USS Gerald R. Ford, the first in the Navy's new class of nuclear-powered aircraft carriers.



    “This week the Trump administration will honour the amazing American workers and companies who have products that are made in America,” Helen Ferre, the White House's director of media affairs, told reporters at a briefing here Sunday. She said America sets “the world standard for quality and craftsmanship.”

    For Trump, highlighting US-made products is inconsistent with his practices as a businessman. For years, the Trump Organization has outsourced much of its product manufacturing, relying on a global network of factories in a dozen countries - including Bangladesh, China and Mexico - to make its clothing, home decor pieces and other items.


    Similarly, the clothing line of Ivanka Trump, the President's older daughter and a senior White House adviser, relies exclusively on foreign factories employing low-wage workers in countries such as Bangladesh, Indonesia and China, according to a recent Washington Post investigation..............................

    Asked at Sunday's briefing whether “Made in America” week would include a commitment from the Trump Organization or Ivanka Trump's company to make more of their products in the United States, Ferre told reporters, “We'll get back to you on that.”......................

    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7844651.html
    Attached Images
    Loving some nothing burgers!!!

  12. #20237

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    My suggestion is rather than creating an echo chamber of their own to respond to the points and even bring some up and stop the snarky insulting (either side) comments aimed AT posters. I am going to try better on my part but to anyone thinking this is a "left" problem then take off the partisan glasses, it is going on with both sides here.
    I'll give you that both sides trade jabs, but any echo-chambering that occurs here is a decidedly left leaning.

  13. #20238
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I'll give you that both sides trade jabs, but any echo-chambering that occurs here is a decidedly left leaning.
    That might have to do with the general agreement that Donald Trump is largely a buffoon.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  14. #20239
    Chapecó, que tristeza theDurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Basking Ridge, NJ

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by KLJ View Post
    although i don't agree with jl25 very much, he seemed to formulate his own opinions most of the time. with each passing day, he is sinking further and further into the echo chamber.

    it's a damn shame.
    It takes commitment of thought and energy to confront the echo chamber. I'm only somewhat to the center of the mass here and I voted for HRC, but I've done it on occasion where I felt the hue and cry went to excess, and you end up having to respond to more posts than you have the time or energy to do, and if even you do a good job, you still get stupid emojis and dismissive catch phrases from certain posters.

    Still, I would like to take exception to the frequent misuse of the word treason in regards to this story. Treason was historically a crime against the sovereign in power and was punishable by death. Taking a meeting that in fact did nothing is a pretty ridiculous extension of the term. It is peacetime, and we are not in active conflict with Russia. We have diverging interests, but we do business with them all the time, both at the state and private level. They are not the "enemy" as in "giving aid and comfort to the enemy in wartime" which is pretty much the modern definition.

    Sure, it was stupid, unethical, anti-democratic and showed intent to collude with a hostile foreign power to influence an election, but it ain't treason. Nathan Hale got hanged for treason. Don't demean the word by using it for this tawdry mess.

    Perhaps you can make a case for "treasonous." Personally, I would not go beyond "treasonish."
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

  15. #20240

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    My suggestion is rather than creating an echo chamber of their own to respond to the points and even bring some up and stop the snarky insulting (either side) comments aimed AT posters. I am going to try better on my part but to anyone thinking this is a "left" problem then take off the partisan glasses, it is going on with both sides here.
    There is no echo chamber. Just one side that actually engages in conversation and the other side that actively tries to derail it. So as a "lefty" you have one of two options: discuss a given issue with someone willing to do it, in most cases another lefty, or participate in a dopey game of "gotcha' with one of the right wing guys who just want to prove you're a hypocrite, phony, unhinged, etc.

  16. #20241

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Most politicians would have gone to a meeting like the one Don jr attended in order to get info on an opponent. That's politics!
    Twittered from you-know-who

    He doesn't seem to understand the difference between his team trying to commit treason vs "politics." Actually, I'm sure he doesn't really care. Problem is, neither will the GOP.

    #ChecksAndBalances

  17. #20242
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    There is no echo chamber. Just one side that actually engages in conversation and the other side that actively tries to derail it. So as a "lefty" you have one of two options: discuss a given issue with someone willing to do it, in most cases another lefty, or participate in a dopey game of "gotcha' with one of the right wing guys who just want to prove you're a hypocrite, phony, unhinged, etc.
    I was just using their terms. And if it is only the left posting (it isn't, the right tends to post and run) then how is that the left's fault? Post comservatives! I would welcome an honest discussion about issues without the snark, condescending and insults. Steve and I are about polar opposite politically but I have no issues discussing issues with him and no hard feelings either way. Why? He doesn't get personal. Heck we are friends on Facebook.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

  18. #20243

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I was just using their terms. And if it is only the left posting (it isn't, the right tends to post and run) then how is that the left's fault? Post comservatives! I would welcome an honest discussion about issues without the snark, condescending and insults. Steve and I are about polar opposite politically but I have no issues discussing issues with him and no hard feelings either way. Why? He doesn't get personal. Heck we are friends on Facebook.
    This was my point earlier. If the conservative folks don't want to argue or discuss anything, why is that anyone's fault? We've seen 3 or 4 posts today complaining about "echo chambers". I dunno about you, but I have zero control over what anyone chooses to discuss so maybe discuss something having to do with the president?

    Oh right - most of them didn't vote for him, don't support him. They just find our not voting for him and not supporting him to be "unhinged"

  19. #20244
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I was just using their terms. And if it is only the left posting (it isn't, the right tends to post and run) then how is that the left's fault? Post comservatives! I would welcome an honest discussion about issues without the snark, condescending and insults. Steve and I are about polar opposite politically but I have no issues discussing issues with him and no hard feelings either way. Why? He doesn't get personal. Heck we are friends on Facebook.
    There is no echo chamber. Like minded people will make like minded posts. It's no different in real life. Using echo chamber as some kind of insult toward people that disagree with you is just another deflection.

  20. #20245
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    There is no echo chamber. Like minded people will make like minded posts. It's no different in real life. Using echo chamber as some kind of insult toward people that disagree with you is just another deflection.
    Yes as I told GC I was just using their term for it. Not the left's fault few on the right post
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

  21. #20246

    Re: President Donald Trump

    It seems you all are in agreement on the topic of echo chambers.

    lol

  22. #20247

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Trump's ratings:

    38.8 Approve

    55.4 Disapprove

    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

    Imagine that: most of the country is against banning Muslims and attempted treason.

    So, like, the echo chamber is working...?

  23. #20248

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    Trump's ratings:

    38.8 Approve

    55.4 Disapprove

    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

    Imagine that: most of the country is against banning Muslims and attempted treason.

    So, like, the echo chamber is working...?
    I think you might be onto something...something...something.

  24. #20249
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KLJ View Post
    although i don't agree with jl25 very much, he seemed to formulate his own opinions most of the time. with each passing day, he is sinking further and further into the echo chamber.

    it's a damn shame.
    Man, and you started out so well.

  25. #20250
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    It takes commitment of thought and energy to confront the echo chamber. I'm only somewhat to the center of the mass here and I voted for HRC, but I've done it on occasion where I felt the hue and cry went to excess, and you end up having to respond to more posts than you have the time or energy to do, and if even you do a good job, you still get stupid emojis and dismissive catch phrases from certain posters.

    Still, I would like to take exception to the frequent misuse of the word treason in regards to this story. Treason was historically a crime against the sovereign in power and was punishable by death. Taking a meeting that in fact did nothing is a pretty ridiculous extension of the term. It is peacetime, and we are not in active conflict with Russia. We have diverging interests, but we do business with them all the time, both at the state and private level. They are not the "enemy" as in "giving aid and comfort to the enemy in wartime" which is pretty much the modern definition.

    Sure, it was stupid, unethical, anti-democratic and showed intent to collude with a hostile foreign power to influence an election, but it ain't treason. Nathan Hale got hanged for treason. Don't demean the word by using it for this tawdry mess.

    Perhaps you can make a case for "treasonous." Personally, I would not go beyond "treasonish."
    Hey, don't make it seem as if that's in response to anything I ever said. Anti-American, maybe even traitorous, but treason has a very exclusive meaning.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 12 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 10 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts