+ Reply to Thread
Page 956 of 956 FirstFirst ... 456 856 906 946 953 954 955 956
Results 23,876 to 23,900 of 23900

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    Not surprising..............

Clinton treated Secret Service like friends, Bush with respect, Obama like family, Trump like servants.

Secret Service ‘at the end of their rope’ after being ‘treated like servants by Trump’

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/secr...-trump-report/

President Donald Trump’s lavish travel habits are putting a major financial strain on the Secret Service — and Center for Public Integrity reporter Christina Wilkie says that the president himself is a major source of stress as well.

On Twitter Monday morning, Wilkie wrote that “multiple sources” have told her that “Secret Service agents are at the end of their rope, sick of being treated like servants by Trump.”

One of Wilkie’s sources compared Trump’s treatment of Secret Service agents with the treatment given them by past presidents — and the comparison did not reflect well on the current president.

“Clinton treated USSS agents like friends,” the source told her. “Bush treated them with great respect. Obama, like family. Trump treats them like servants.”

Specifically, Wilkie’s sources tell her that Trump expects agents to regularly “fetch” things for him and be available to serve him at all times, regardless of when their shifts start or finish.
    I never do this, but this one deserves a "But Hilary...."

http://nypost.com/2015/10/02/secret-...-to-work-with/

Kessler writes flatteringly and critically about people in both parties. Regarding the Clintons, Kessler presents Chelsea as a model protectee who respected and appreciated her agents. He describes Bill as a difficult chief executive but an easygoing ex-president. And Kessler exposes Hillary as an epically abusive Arctic monster.

“When in public, Hillary smiles and acts graciously,” Kessler explains. “As soon as the cameras are gone, her angry personality, nastiness, and imperiousness become evident.”

He adds: “Hillary Clinton can make Richard Nixon look like Mahatma Gandhi.”
    ...and I voted for her.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Eh........she wasn't POTUS and it IS the NY Post. October 15th, 2015 in the heat of the POTUS race.

In other news another huge charity gala pulling out of Bedminister.

New Jersey charity pulls out of event at Trump golf club

Source: The Hill

A New Jersey charity on Monday announced that it will no longer host an event at the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, citing the recent fallout from the attack in Charlottesville, Va., earlier this month.

In a Facebook post, the United Way of Monmouth and Ocean Counties said it condemns “racism, bigotry and prejudice in all forms.”

“We strongly reject the divisive worldview of groups like the white nationalists and neo-Nazis that incited the violence in Charlottesville, VA,” the post reads. “Based on recent events, we have decided to relocate our upcoming event from Trump National Golf Club to a new venue which will be announced shortly.”

“We thank all of our supporters who stand with us to embrace ideas that unify us and make us stronger. To live better, we must Live United,” the organization wrote on its Facebook.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...rump-golf-club

That's where you hit the big goof. It's the only thing he understands.
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

I'm not hearing a whole lot of substance in this speech. Sounds like it's mostly business as usual but no timetables and announcements of changes in troop numbers.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I'm not hearing a whole lot of substance in this speech. Sounds like it's mostly business as usual but no timetables and announcements of changes in troop numbers.
    He hasn't pooped himself, though.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

He knows more then the generals.

- bitch-slapping Pakistan?
    - India getting involved in Afghanistan?
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    If trends continue, eventually Sherman's statue will be taken down as well.

It will be deemed offensive to Native American due to his attitude towards and actions against them.
    Again, you've framed the premise of this argument incorrectly. Confederate statues aren't being removed because they've been deemed offensive to black Americans; they're being removed because they've been deemed offensive, period.

I have no problem with vetoing a statue of Sherman on those grounds.

Wow, just when you thought Donnie had already made all the worst political appointments possible, he finds this guy:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/21/politi...nts/index.html

(CNN)Sam Clovis, Donald Trump's pick to be chief scientist for the Department of Agriculture, has argued that homosexuality is a choice and that the sanctioning of same-sex marriage could lead to the legalization of pedophilia, a CNN KFile review of Clovis' writings, radio broadcasts, and speeches has found.

Clovis made the comments between 2012 and 2014 in his capacity as a talk radio host, political activist, and briefly as a candidate for US Senate in Iowa. His nomination has drawn criticism from Senate Democrats, who argue his lack of scientific background makes him unqualified for the USDA post overseeing science.
    Clovis has repeatedly argued that the science on homosexuality is unsettled and that "LGBT behavior" is a choice. The American Psychological Association has said that while there is no scientific consensus on the causes of sexual orientation, "most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Again, you've framed the premise of this argument incorrectly. Confederate statues aren't being removed because they've been deemed offensive to black Americans; they're being removed because they've been deemed offensive, period.

I have no problem with vetoing a statue of Sherman on those grounds.
    Again??

But yeah, I worded it poorly.

I should have said something like 'His actions and attitude towards Native Americans will be deemed offensive.'

Again??

But yeah, I worded it poorly.

I should have said something like 'His actions and attitude towards Native Americans will be deemed offensive.'
    My post was a classic example of a dangling modifier. The "again" really didn't refer to your misstatement, but to the explanation I've made repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Mine was a classic example of a dangling modifier. The "again" really didn't refer to your misstatement, but to the explanation I've made repeatedly.
    You're a classic example of a dangling modifier.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    No, mine is a classic example. The angle of the dangle and so on.

Steven Mazie‏Verified account @stevenmazie

Trump says Afghanistan and Pakistan pose the worst terrorist threat to America. Interesting his travel ban applies to neither country.
    Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers- George Carlin

NYYF Legend

Low bar, but at least he sounded Adult tonight.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

I hope Phoenix isn't going to be a shlt storm tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    "Why would tomorrow be any different?"

--Jenn

--Jenn
    Accurate.

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

--Jenn

True. Lol

My husband works downtown, so I'm sure there will be lots of protesting and such tomorrow.

Well, there was this. He referred to "the Prime Minister of Afghanistan."

Afghanistan has a president. They haven't had a PM in decades. This guy is president of the United States and doesn't know basic information related to a major speech he is giving? He isn't smart enough to have someone competent to review the speech before he gives it?

Whoever wrote that speech should be fired immediately. And Trump should be fired the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    When he pardons Arpaio expect the s--t to fly.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Well, there was this. He referred to "the Prime Minister of Afghanistan."

Afghanistan has a president. They haven't had a PM in decades. This guy is president of the United States and doesn't know basic information related to a major speech he is giving? He isn't smart enough to have someone competent to review the speech before he gives it?

Whoever wrote that speech should be fired immediately. And Trump should be fired the next day.
    Endless war, and we'll pay any price to never learn our lessons.

To compoud matters, this was about a liar-in-chief's misbegotten sense of ego, a shocking disdain for diplomacy and a healthy diet of ignorance.
    If money is a science, then it is a dark science...it has gone on developing...by its own rules. Neal Stephenson, Quicksilver

Link?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflies View Post
    There's a reason why presidents normally wait until late in their lame duck period to issue pardons. Pardoning anyone at this point in his presidency would be about the dumbest thing he could do - which is why I expect him to do exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflies View Post
    I'm hoping that even he can't possibly be that unintelligent. I'm sure he is, though.

Chelsea Clinton took to Twitter in defense of a fellow first child, Barron Trump, after an article criticized the President's youngest son's casual fashion choices.

"The youngest Trump doesn't have any responsibilities as the president's son, but the least he could do is dress the part when he steps out in public," entertainment reporter Ford Springer wrote in the Daily Caller.
    "It's high time the media & everyone leave Barron Trump alone & let him have the private childhood he deserves," she wrote, linking to the article.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/22/politi...nse/index.html

Good for her.

But she really shouldn't have said his name.

Well done. I was just about to do that.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball - Evil Empire

Thread Information