+ Reply to Thread
Page 1809 of 1876 FirstFirst ... 809 1309 1709 1759 1799 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1819 1859 ... LastLast
Results 45,201 to 45,225 of 46880
    Released Outright

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    Oh, agree. The idea of issuing the EO after getting rejected by the Supreme Court would demonstrate a complete disregard for separation of powers. I still think that goes to court and he loses, but the scenario where he somehow gets it printed would be frightening. While I really don't want to see it come to this, it would be fascinating to see the Senate trial on something so clear cut.

If you read their ruling, that's what happened

They left clear avenues to bring the issue up again

If he were to actually gp against a SC ruling, you'd have a point, but that's not what is going on

When will the libs realize that the ( idiot ) Trump is playing them like a fiddle ?

How strange is it that Jeffrey Epstein was hired to a teaching job at one of the most prestigious private schools in the country, the Dalton School, back in the 1970’s when he didn’t even have a college degree? In fact, he was a 2-time college dropout. He was later hired by Bear Staerns, still without a college degree, where he made partner in just 4 years but was later dismissed for creating unspecified problems.

Stranger still is the fact that the Dalton School Headmaster who hired him was Donald Barr, father of current AG William Barr. The Headmaster who replaced Barr in 1974 and under whom Epstein continued his teaching career, was later fired in 1997 for sexual abuse of students at the school.

Donald Barr was OSS during World War II, the predecessor organization to the CIA. William Barr later worked for the CIA. Alex Acosta claims he was told to back off from the Epstein case in 2008, being told that the case was above his grade and that Epstein’s was “Intelligence.”

There are many mysterious things about this case that are just weird

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi3 View Post

If he were to actually gp against a SC ruling, you'd have a point, but that's not what is going on

When will the libs realize that the ( idiot ) Trump is playing them like a fiddle ?
    Yes, they can bring it up again, but they have to go to court to get the injunction lifted. Whatever rationale they use will have been manufactured after the fact, so it will obviously be contrived and pretextual. So what will be their argument that itís not contrived and pretextual?

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yes, they can bring it up again, but they have to go to court to get the injunction lifted. Whatever rationale they use will have been manufactured after the fact, so it will obviously be contrived and pretextual. So what will be their argument that it’s not contrived and pretextual?
    What he said.

What I think is going to happen is that he is going to issue his order, go to court, lose, and be able to say to his base that he did everything he could.

Should he somehow manage to move forward with the question in defiance of the court... well, that's a problem.

On the "fiddle" part - every day he distracts from the economy and talks about social issues is a win for the other party.

NYYF Legend

You guys should make your voices heard in this online poll. Apparently Trump is leading....

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/landing...mp-vs-dem-poll
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Yes I'm making assumptions about the 2020 election cycle.
    If only there was some historical evidence we could study about how center-right Dem candidates do against Republicans with fired-up bases in election cycles. If only.

Jingoism is not Patriotism

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    If only there was some historical evidence we could study about how center-right Dem candidates do against Republicans with fired-up bases in election cycles. If only.

I'm not saying they need to have a center right candidate. They just need to not alienate that group either.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    You guys should make your voices heard in this online poll. Apparently Trump is leading....

The non-Trump responses are classic.

I got my votes in under the email losertrump@gmail.com
    Baseball is life;

Yahoo News‏Verified account @YahooNews
    BREAKING: President Trump is expected to announce he is backing down from his effort to include a citizenship question on the 2020 census, and will instead instruct the Commerce Department to get the data through other means, sources tell @ABCPolitics
    ps://yhoo.it/2JslJ1E
    Mmmhmm.
    Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Mmmhmm.
    Just saw that. At least a 50% chance this is one of those things he announces that never happens.

NYYF Cy Young

I'm not saying they need to have a center right candidate. They just need to not alienate that group either.
    Why not?

If Trump has sufficiently alienated them (which the polls seem to indicate has happened) and they can't bring themselves to vote for a progressive, wouldn't they just stay home and let the most energized base decide the election?
    Jingoism is not Patriotism

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    Just saw that. At least a 50% chance this is one of those things he announces that never happens.
    Getting the information he would have gotten from the citizenship question would not be hard. The problem is that he never understood the question. He believes that the question was about whether or not people are here legally when in fact it was simply are you a citizen/are you a non-citizen. There are millions of non-citzens here legally. It never made any sense.
    Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Why not?

If Trump has sufficiently alienated them (which the polls seem to indicate has happened) and they can't bring themselves to vote for a progressive, wouldn't they just stay home and let the most energized base decide the election?
    Because about 50,000 swing votes out of ~130M casts nationwide in just 5 states last election got us president trump.
    Baseball is life;

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Because about 50,000 swing votes out of ~130M casts nationwide in just 5 states last election got us president trump.
    That, and the 4,000,000 people who came out to vote for Obama in 08 and 12 and stayed home in 16, probably because they didn't like Hillary but were so convinced she'd win with ease they didn't feel the need to hold their nose and vote. I bet 75% of them will have learned their lesson.

That is hilarious. He is beyond parody.

NYYF Legend

It seems like a fair poll. If you go through the whole thing it asks how much you'd like to contribute.
    Baseball is life;

Hope is eternal

Seems aimed at the right audience
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

Apparently including DoJ attorney Joshua Gardner:

"The tweet this morning was the first I had heard of the President's position on this issue, just like the plaintiffs and Your Honor. I do not have a deeper understanding of what that means at this juncture other than what the President has tweeted," Gardner said, according to a transcript. "But, obviously, as you can imagine, I am doing my absolute best to figure out what's going on."

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/one-trump-tweet-contradicting-his-own-administrations-position-on-the-census-caused-startling-chaos/amp/

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Getting the information he would have gotten from the citizenship question would not be hard. The problem is that he never understood the question. He believes that the question was about whether or not people are here legally when in fact it was simply are you a citizen/are you a non-citizen. There are millions of non-citzens here legally. It never made any sense.
    I would be one of those legal non-citizens who pays taxes that cover services that need to be allocated correctly.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Wait, this is real? Someone showed me the other day and I laughed assuming it was a joke.

Holy duck!
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    That, and the 4,000,000 people who came out to vote for Obama in 08 and 12 and stayed home in 16, probably because they didn't like Hillary but were so convinced she'd win with ease they didn't feel the need to hold their nose and vote. I bet 75% of them will have learned their lesson.
    Excellent point. If they do come out and vote this time and the independents who wanted to try a "business guy" realize it was a huge mistake I would think a Democrat will win in 2020.

I'm also hoping the pissed of people of Puerto Rico displaced from the hurricane and their families turn Florida blue.
    "Show me what you got!" Big head from "Rick and Morty"

Hope is eternal

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...e60_story.html

12 more subpoenas issued by the Dems that will go ignored and forgotten about. Just heard so far this makes 80 with no one complying. And no appeals to the court by the Dems to enforce. Spineless
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

Quote Originally Posted by NYYFAN View Post
    Excellent point. If they do come out and vote this time and the independents who wanted to try a "business guy" realize it was a huge mistake I would think a Democrat will win in 2020.
    I'm still in favor of a "business guy" to run the Executive Branch. I don't think it's a mistake at all. But, Trump is hardly a "business guy." He's a reality TV Star and a carnival side show barker. The huge mistake was thinking, even for a second, that Trump was a reasonable example of a "business guy."

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    I'm still in favor of a "business guy" to run the Executive Branch. I don't think it's a mistake at all. But, Trump is hardly a "business guy." He's a reality TV Star and a carnival side show barker. The huge mistake was thinking, even for a second, that Trump was a reasonable example of a "business guy."
    But he does have the mentality that says, "Iím the boss, I run things the way I say."

Besides, the government isnít a business and shouldnít be run as if it were.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...e60_story.html

12 more subpoenas issued by the Dems that will go ignored and forgotten about. Just heard so far this makes 80 with no one complying. And no appeals to the court by the Dems to enforce. Spineless
    There's no point in subpoenas if they're not going to enforce them.

Thread Information