+ Reply to Thread
Page 467 of 467 FirstFirst ... 367 417 457 464 465 466 467
Results 11,651 to 11,664 of 11664

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    And they should go get jobs in an alternative energy industry!
    Sounds good to me. There are five times as many jobs in solar as in coal right now and growing. Spend some money on bringing those jobs to coal towns. Invest in the coal miners futures instead of dooming them to the inevitable end while simultaneously ruining their health and polluting the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Like coal miners, people in inner cities should just move somewhere nicer.
    And they should go get jobs in an alternative energy industry!

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    Lack of self-awareness, for the win!

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Here you go Maynerd here is how much "the Left" hates appalacia wants to see it crushed
    Yep pure hatred from the left
    The left doesn't hate Appalachia. I'm less sure about how liberal partisans feel though. Like the discussion the other day about maternity leave, because liberals are wedded to the pro-corporate Democratic party, they have a blind-spot when it comes to systemic economic forces. They adopt moralistic critiques when it suits them.

Ever since the election I've definitely noticed a rise in liberals victim-blaming poor whites. They view poverty as stemming from some kind of moral failure. In this respect, it's the same thing that conservatives do with blacks. Both are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Perhaps they are voting to keep from going from bad to worse. See Kansas.
    Or the democratic primary in New York.

https://medium.com/@matthewstoller/o...e-d0ea653a91a9

“I for one have little sympathy for these despairing whites. If they can’t compete against people of color when everything has been rigged in their favor, then there’s really no help for them. Trump and his G(r)OPers will do little to elevate their lot. If anything, these poor whites will be hired to dig grave pits and assemble their own coffins.”

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BB22 View Post
    I'm less sure about how liberal partisans feel though.
    There are stupid hacks on both sides of the issue for sure.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Your point?

I see Trump has named Christ Christie as his opioid czar or some such thing while two of Christie's former flunkies take the fall for BridgeGate and get 18 and 24 months imprisonment.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Lack of self-awareness, for the win!
    No. Kidding.

President Trump's job approval rating hit a new low of 35 percent on Wednesday, according to Gallup's daily tracking poll.

His approval rating dropped by 1 point since Tuesday, continuing a downward trend since taking office.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-percent-poll#

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I see Trump has named Christ Christie as his opioid czar or some such thing while two of Christie's former flunkies take the fall for BridgeGate and get 18 and 24 months imprisonment.
    Think of the money you guys will save feeding him.......

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I don't get it.

http://www.vox.com/2017/3/29/1509847...seless-experts

The commission will be led by Chris Christie, and include Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Secretary of Health and Human Services Tom Price, Secretary of Veterans Affairs David Shulkin, and Secretary of Defense James Mattis, yet many of the key anti-drug positions in government — the “drug czar,” the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — haven’t even been filled, and are absent from this panel.

“It’s bizarre to create a new entity outside of government to dig into things that have already been dug into, to not use the expertise you have, and not have the commission report to the president,” said Keith Humphreys, a drug policy expert at Stanford. At best, this is a redundant exercise that may bring some political attention to opioids. At worst, Humphreys said, it’s an “empty gesture.”
    “Opioid abuse has become a crippling problem throughout the United States,” Trump said today. “And I think it’s almost untalked [sic] about compared to the severity that we’re witnessing.”

But it’s actually not “untalked about.” There have been many, many reports about how to address the opioid problem. Most recently, the nonpartisan office of the Surgeon General came out with a report that included clear, evidence-based suggestions about what steps need to be taken.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    I don't get it.
    Rush Limbaugh likely wasn't available.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Thread Information