+ Reply to Thread
Page 1590 of 1590 FirstFirst ... 590 1090 1490 1540 1580 1587 1588 1589 1590
Results 39,726 to 39,731 of 39731

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Other than Adelson, I didn't have much of a problem with his list. While posthumous awards aren't the norm, they're not unprecedented, and I don't think there's any doubt Elvis and Ruth are otherwise qualified.

I mean, granted, I think he just went down the list and chose the only people whose names he recognized, but the ultimate result was fair enough.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miriam_Adelson

In 2018 she purchased the Presidential Medal of Freedom from Donald Trump.[12]
    "Forget the myths the media created about the White House. The truth is, these aren't very bright guys, and things got out of hand." RIP William Goldman

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Another example of Trump making the presidency a mockery.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post

Yeah, I said other than Adelson. That one is very transparent.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I posted that list a couple of days ago. C'mon, Tim, eye on the ball.

Meanwhile, this is from an interview Trump did with The Daily Caller:

But the question was about Whitaker; it had nothing to do with Mueller or the investigation. Trump basically just blurted out that they're the same issue, that Whitaker's appointment is a way to stop the investigation that should never have started.

To be fair, he hasn’t made any effort to deny that, or to justify the appointment on any grounds other than obstruction of justice. He’s gotten an OLC opinion that says it’s legal, but no one says that Whitaker is a good pick, or even a reasonable one.
    Can this be real? Whitaker is a bigfoot guy?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...180_story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jburke View Post
    Can this be real? Whitaker is a bigfoot guy?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...180_story.html
    Well, he was just on the board of a company that swindled crackpots. I don’t think he personally endorsed the ideas.

However, he’s also a legal crackpot. When he was asked what Supreme Court decisions he thought were wrongly decided, his first choice was Marbury v. Madison.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Other than Adelson, I didn't have much of a problem with his list. While posthumous awards aren't the norm, they're not unprecedented, and I don't think there's any doubt Elvis and Ruth are otherwise qualified.

I mean, granted, I think he just went down the list and chose the only people whose names he recognized, but the ultimate result was fair enough.
    I don't think Ruth or Elvis is deserving. Elvis, in particular, was a predator who raped (can't say he slept with them because they were children) numerous children as young as 14. He also was a pretty severe domestic abuser. He was an all- around despicable human. I love lots of his music (much of it stolen from African American musicians) but that doesn't make up for his being a terrible human who definitely doesn't deserve the medal of freedom. Then again, I don't expect Drumpf to care about any of this because he's just as reprehensible.

------

Elvis Was the King of Treating Women Like ................ and Luring 14-Year-Olds into Bed

https://broadly.vice.com/amp/en_us/a...-olds-into-bed
    I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.

--Audre Lorde

Thread Information