+ Reply to Thread
Page 1045 of 1045 FirstFirst ... 45 545 945 995 1035 1042 1043 1044 1045
Results 26,101 to 26,117 of 26117
    NYYF Legend

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Calvin sucked. Jesus said to sell your possessions and give the money to the poor. Lots of "Christians" have forgotten that bit, or just choose to ignore it.

If the rich sold all their possessions and gave it to the poor, then they (the rich) would be poor and then do we start the cycle over again?

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

45* just can't help himself.

Source: The Hill

Top Obama aides blast Trump for claiming Obama didn't call families of fallen soldiers

BY BRANDON CARTER - 10/16/17 02:48 PM EDT

Former aides to former President Obama blasted President Trump Monday for claiming that Obama didnt call the families of U.S. service members who die in combat.

The traditional way, if you look at President Obama and other presidents, most of them didnt make calls, a lot of them didnt make calls, Trump said at an impromptu press conference in the White House Rose Garden. I like to call when its appropriate, when I think Im able to do it.

Trump was responding to a question about four Green Berets that were killed in Niger earlier this month. ... When pressed about his claim, Trump said I dont know if he did.

I was told that he didnt often, Trump said. A lot of presidents dont, they write letters. I do a combination of both. ... Trump later said that he thinks Obama did sometimes [call], and sometimes he didnt, I dont know, thats what I was told.

Several top Obama aides fired back at Trumps claim on Twitter. ... This is an outrageous and disrespectful lie even by Trump standards, former Obama foreign policy adviser Ben Rhodes said. Also: Obama never attacked a Gold Star family.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ama-didnt-call
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    45* just can't help himself.

Source: The Hill

Top Obama aides blast Trump for claiming Obama didn't call families of fallen soldiers

BY BRANDON CARTER - 10/16/17 02:48 PM EDT

Former aides to former President Obama blasted President Trump Monday for claiming that Obama didnt call the families of U.S. service members who die in combat.

The traditional way, if you look at President Obama and other presidents, most of them didnt make calls, a lot of them didnt make calls, Trump said at an impromptu press conference in the White House Rose Garden. I like to call when its appropriate, when I think Im able to do it.

Trump was responding to a question about four Green Berets that were killed in Niger earlier this month. ... When pressed about his claim, Trump said I dont know if he did.

I was told that he didnt often, Trump said. A lot of presidents dont, they write letters. I do a combination of both. ... Trump later said that he thinks Obama did sometimes [call], and sometimes he didnt, I dont know, thats what I was told.

Several top Obama aides fired back at Trumps claim on Twitter. ... This is an outrageous and disrespectful lie even by Trump standards, former Obama foreign policy adviser Ben Rhodes said. Also: Obama never attacked a Gold Star family.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ama-didnt-call
    Let's be clear about something. The story here is the question Trump was asked, which was whether he had called the families of the 4 Green Berets.

He hasn't.

He hasn't even made a single public statement about them.

In the 12 days since they were killed, he has made time for 3 golf outings and god knows how many tweets. In a classic Trump move, he deflected attention from his failure by changing the subject to Obama.

But, Obama's not the subject.

Trump's behaviour is.

He's admitted in the past that he doesn't like to make those calls. So, he avoids them. He then justifies his failure by lying with claims that other presidents haven't done so either.

Trump sold his candidacy to the public with claims that he's a tough guy and that his opponent was weak. Real tough. So tough that he can't muster the courage to face grieving families and offer words of condolence. Compare that to Obama who didn't just make phone calls. He met with grieving families. He went to Newtown and met individually with every one of those devastated families.

BTW, 4 is coincidentally the same number of lives that were lost at Benghazi. Those 4 were deemed important enough to get a whole lot of attention during the campaign. But these 4 who also died serving their country weren't deemed important enough to get any attention from this president. Not even a passing mention. And when asked about these 4, Trump changed the subject. That's how important he thinks they are.

Trump has shown himself to be incredibly weak.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Let's be clear about something. The story here is the question Trump was asked, which was whether he had called the families of the 4 Green Berets.

He hasn't.

In the 12 days since they were killed, he has made time for 3 golf outings and god knows how many tweets. In a classic Trump move, he deflected attention from his failure by changing the subject to Obama.

Trump's behaviour is.

He's admitted in the past that he doesn't like to make those calls. So, he avoids them. He then justifies his failure by lying with claims that other presidents haven't done so either.

Trump sold his candidacy to the public with claims that he's a tough guy and that his opponent was weak. Real tough. So tough that he can't muster the courage to face grieving families and offer words of condolence. Compare that to Obama who didn't just make phone calls. He met with grieving families. He went to Newtown and met individually with every one of those devastated families.

BTW, 4 is coincidentally the same number of lives that were lost at Benghazi. Those 4 were deemed important enough to get a whole lot of attention during the campaign. But these 4 who also died serving their country weren't deemed important enough to get any attention from this president. Not even a passing mention. And when asked about these 4, Trump changed the subject. That's how important he thinks they are.

Maybe it's a good thing he doesn't make these calls. Is he capable of empathy?

NYYF Legend

He hasn't.

Trump's behaviour is.

He is a despicable human being with zero redeemable qualities. Despicable to knowingly lie and say other presidents didn’t make calls. And then make it all about him when the parents of four young adults lost their child. He is pathetic. Next time he utters fake news,look in the mirror
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CptCrunch View Post
    He'd make it all about HIM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    He'd make it all about HIM.
    Or he'd say, "Your son's not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was killed. I like people who weren't killed."
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Of course they did because they aren't Christ-like themselves. These are the spiritual descendants of the lynch mobs who would string up rebellious slaves or later free African Americans and invoke the name of Jesus as they did so. The same people who wants to protect the tradition of America as a white, Christian nation and doesn't see he inherent contradiction in that. They are the spiritual descendants of the KKK which loved Jesus but hated Jews. These are not people who make a lot of sense, or even try to.
    True. Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by CptCrunch View Post
    Negative.

Trump's latest travel ban executive order has been blocked nationwide by a federal judge in Hawaii, except the bans on North Korea and Venezuela:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...017-story.html
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

If you haven't been frightened enough by the current occupant of the White House, go to the website, A Duty to Warn (www.adutytowarn.org)

A group of 27 psychiatrists and other mental health experts have come together to present their professional view of Donald Trump, breaking all previous professional norms of not diagnosing from afar. They feel the situation is that urgent that they are compelled to speak out.

The website includes a film, which documents the increasing concerns of mental health professionals, and access to a book, "The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump", and a list of events around the country with the opportunity to rehphister for them.

If you haven't been frightened enough by the current occupant of the White House, go to the website, A Duty to Warn (www.adutytowarn.org)

A group of 27 psychiatrists and other mental health experts have come together to present their professional view of Donald Trump, breaking all previous professional norms of not diagnosing from afar. They feel the situation is that urgent that they are compelled to speak out.

The website includes a film, which documents the increasing concerns of mental health professionals, and access to a book, "The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump", and a list of events around the country with the opportunity to rehphister for them.
    I think diagnosing from afar is generally irresponsible, particularly without obvious pathognomonic signs like bizarre speech or reported hallucinations. Not only diagnosing someone but declaring him to be mentally unfit for his job is even more irresponsible. I assume they’re making that judgment based on a personality disorder, which is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I think diagnosing from afar is generally irresponsible, particularly without obvious pathognomonic signs like bizarre speech or reported hallucinations. Not only diagnosing someone but declaring him to be mentally unfit for his job is even more irresponsible. I assume they’re making that judgment based on a personality disorder, which is ridiculous.
    I mean, his speech is pretty bizarre.

President Trump calls widow of soldier killed in Niger, says ‘he knew what he signed up for’

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydai...icle-1.3570357

President Trump reportedly called the widow of a U.S. soldier who was killed in Niger and said “he knew what he signed up for,” according to a Florida congresswoman.

Rep. Frederica Wilson said she was in the car with Army Sgt. La David Johnson's pregnant wife Myeshia Johnson on Tuesday when Trump called and said the soldier "knew what he was signing up for...but when it happens, it hurts anyway."
    The two spoke on the phone for five minutes before she met her husband’s remains at Miami International Airport, draped herself over his casket and sobbed as their two children, ages 2 and 6, stood nearby.

Wilson continued her attack on Trump on Twitter, writing, "Sgt. La David Johnson is a hero. @realDonaldTrump does not possess the character, empathy or grace to be president of the United States."
    Un. F*cking. Believable.

I mean, his speech is pretty bizarre.
    Yeah, I know, but you know what I mean. You have a smidgen of clinical training.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

President Trump calls widow of soldier killed in Niger, says ‘he knew what he signed up for’

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydai...icle-1.3570357

Un. F*cking. Believable.
    I think I called that one: http://www.nyyfansforum.com/showthre...=1#post8404937
    - Barry Manilow

Yeah, I know, but you know what I mean. You have a smidgen of clinical training.
    I can't tell if this is supposed to be an insult.

I guess I shouldn't have called it unbelievable. It's totally believable, unfortunately. It's a terrible reality in which we find ourselves.

NYYF Legend

Yeah it's not like you called Seabiscuit over War Admiral, I'd have been surprised it this DIDN'T happen.

Thread Information