+ Reply to Thread
Page 1522 of 1522 FirstFirst ... 522 1022 1422 1472 1512 1519 1520 1521 1522
Results 38,026 to 38,043 of 38043

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    It's comical at this point, but we can all see it coming. Of course this would be someone else's fault. It's never, ever, ever his fault.
    That's what I don't understand about his supporters. The guy never takes any responsibility for anything that's gone wrong. When he acts that way, how can you view him as this great leader? You wouldn't put up with that type of behavior from other politicians. I just don't understand how people can compromise their own standards that easily. People are strange, they complain about the world becoming less than what it once was, yet accept Trump with all his character faults as somebody they should follow regardless of his deficiencies. That's the reason why this world is less than it once was because we don't hold our leaders to higher standards.
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    That's what I don't understand about his supporters. The guy never takes any responsibility for anything that's gone wrong. When he acts that way, how can you view him as this great leader? You wouldn't put up with that type of behavior from other politicians. I just don't understand how people can compromise their own standards that easily. People are strange, they complain about the world becoming less than what it once was, yet accept Trump with all his character faults as somebody they should follow regardless of his deficiencies. That's the reason why this world is less than it once was because we don't hold our leaders to higher standards.
    They also seem to still believe the myth that he's a great deal-maker, even though he hasn't really made any kind of deal in the 20 months he's been in office.

It just doesn't matter what he does or doesn't do or how competent or incompetent he is. They just believe everything he says about himself and others, no matter what the evidence or how obvious it is he's lying.

Nice is different than good. Texsahara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    They also seem to still believe the myth that he's a great deal-maker, even though he hasn't really made any kind of deal in the 20 months he's been in office.

It just doesn't matter what he does or doesn't do or how competent or incompetent he is. They just believe everything he says about himself and others, no matter what the evidence or how obvious it is he's lying.
    Eh. No matter what he does, they can still cling to the racism which was the real reason they voted for him in the first place.

Reject Fascism

Can anybody name one agreement he has made? First to say North Korea needs to look up the definition of an agreement. It requires specifics.
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    That's what I don't understand about his supporters. The guy never takes any responsibility for anything that's gone wrong. When he acts that way, how can you view him as this great leader?
    Probably the result of my military background, but I pay much more attention to leadership than most people. I've worked for people who I would, quite literally, follow into combat. I've also worked for people who, with little doubt, would order their troops forward, without any consideration of leading them from the front.

"There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan

The corollary to Reagan's quote is that you can get a lot more done, and keep the loyalty of your team, if you accept the blame when it goes wrong, rather than look to see who you can pin it on.

I see nothing out of the President that I would define as 'leadership.' No vision. No motivation. No inspiration. No teamwork. No synergy. And I have yet to hear one of his supporters define WHY they support him, other than exhortations about fake news, unfair treatment, and MAGA.

It's perplexing.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Probably the result of my military background, but I pay much more attention to leadership than most people. I've worked for people who I would, quite literally, follow into combat. I've also worked for people who, with little doubt, would order their troops forward, without any consideration of leading them from the front.

"There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan

The corollary to Reagan's quote is that you can get a lot more done, and keep the loyalty of your team, if you accept the blame when it goes wrong, rather than look to see who you can pin it on.

I see nothing out of the President that I would define as 'leadership.' No vision. No motivation. No inspiration. No teamwork. No synergy. And I have yet to hear one of his supporters define WHY they support him, other than exhortations about fake news, unfair treatment, and MAGA.

It's perplexing.

You forgot to add, no morals, no charisma, no ability to plan or think ahead, no integrity, no respect for the truth or respect for others, people in many cases voted for him because they were duped into thinking he was a good businessman. A good businessman doesn't go bankrupt six times leaving his employees, contractors and stockholders in the lurch. Don't forget about the fraudulent trump university.

Feel free to add more, there is plenty of more faults out there. Frankly I cannot think of one good thing to say about him. NOT ONE!

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF Legend

It's perplexing.

We disagree on a lot of things but this an excellent summation, especially the bold.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Nice is different than good. Texsahara's Avatar

It's perplexing.
    It's not at all perplexing.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    "Economic anxiety."
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    Frankly I cannot think of one good thing to say about him. NOT ONE!
    I have one of his ties. It's actually very nice. Blue striped...very Conservative. Looks very nice with a gray suit.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

I have one of his ties. It's actually very nice. Blue striped...very Conservative. Looks very nice with a gray suit.
    I wonder if his tariffs has raised the price of his Chinese ties?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    It sure isn't.
    "A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."
    -- Declaration of Independence

So you're OK wearing a tie made in a third world country where workers get 1$ an hour and beaten if they don't make their quota for the day...………….and you had a career defending our country against the angst of these countries?
    Don't reply. You have no recourse.
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Are the ties themselves way too long or does he just not know how to tie them correctly?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Are the ties themselves way too long or does he just not know how to tie them correctly?
    Or button his suit jacket just to hide...……………...whatever he needs to hide.
    Don't understand why anyone would patronize a company that goes against everything our country has strived for...…………...especially those that gave 20 plus years to defend against such atrocities.
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    So you're OK wearing a tie made in a third world country where workers get 1$ an hour and beaten if they don't make their quota for the day...………….and you had a career defending our country against the angst of these countries?
    Don't reply. You have no recourse.
    I'm betting Maynerd had the tie before Drumpf was "elected." And I think most ties, like most clothing, are made in sweat shops in third world countries. It's not OK but he's hardly unique for owning such clothing.
    "A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."
    -- Declaration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I'm betting Maynerd had the tie before Drumpf was "elected." And I think most ties, like most clothing, are made in sweat shops in third world countries. It's not OK but he's hardly unique for owning such clothing.
    I've worn ties my entire working life. Not one was made in a rogue country.
    Plus 45*'s ties aren't exactly high quality for double the price.

Back to important events...……….

New letter from SIXTY ex-CIA officials condemn Brennan's revocation:

New letter from 60 ex-CIA officials condemning Trump's
    revocation of John Brennan's security clearance.

"The country will be weakened if there is a political litmus
    test applied before seasoned experts are allowed to share their views."

Thread Information