+ Reply to Thread
Page 1089 of 1089 FirstFirst ... 89 589 989 1039 1079 1086 1087 1088 1089
Results 27,201 to 27,219 of 27219
  1. #27201
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Democrats - better at governing, terrible at getting elected.
    2016 being a prime example.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

  2. #27202
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    "If all it takes is the mere accusation of the mildest kind of physical contact" is nothing but hyperbole. Inappropriate behavior toward women is not acceptable in any form. Implying that we need to accept it from anyone in order to have "quality" people run for office is bs.
    Applying it to Al Franken is rear view mirror-ing the situation. You don't want to set that example as a barometer for those who orchestrated all of this. Because at that point, all it'd take is to force them to admit they didn't have sex with pigs. edit: second time I posted this, but it's worthy of a read...

    Vet your candidates better going forward, but yeah, the DNC needs to grow up and learn to live in the mud otherwise.
    Mr Coffee: "I definitely think people are overreacting to the Arpaio pardon."

  3. #27203
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    "If all it takes is the mere accusation of the mildest kind of physical contact" is nothing but hyperbole. Inappropriate behavior toward women is not acceptable in any form. Implying that we need to accept it from anyone in order to have "quality" people run for office is bs.
    I agree but I also see a problem and storm brewing. It's already happened once and I expect it to happen a lot next year.

    https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-twit...es-ran-with-it

    A Twitter Account With Two Fake IDs Accused a Democrat of Assault. Then Pro-Trump Sites Ran With It.
    Linda Flores emerged on Twitter to allege that she was assaulted by Sen. Richard Blumenthal. He denies it. And she may not actually exist.
    How do you stop this?

  4. #27204

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    "If all it takes is the mere accusation of the mildest kind of physical contact" is nothing but hyperbole.

    Inappropriate behavior

    toward women is not acceptable in any form. Implying that we need to accept it from anyone in order to have "quality" people run for office is bs.
    Inappropriate (definition, Merriam-Webster) - not proper or suitable for the situation: an inappropriate dress for the occasion. Synonyms: impolite, improper, unseemly, unbecoming, unbefitting, unsuitable.

    So careers should be ended for bad manners?

  5. #27205
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I agree but I also see a problem and storm brewing. It's already happened once and I expect it to happen a lot next year.

    https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-twit...es-ran-with-it



    How do you stop this?
    You stand behind your elected officials, for starters.
    Mr Coffee: "I definitely think people are overreacting to the Arpaio pardon."

  6. #27206

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I agree but I also see a problem and storm brewing. It's already happened once and I expect it to happen a lot next year.

    https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-twit...es-ran-with-it



    How do you stop this?
    Lee Atwater would have loved this. This is his time! He would have known how to work it. All it takes is a little innuendo.

    The Democrats get mired in their self-righteous sanctimony which only leads to them falling on their own swords. Meanwhile the predator-in-chief sits in the White House, defiant and unbowed.

    A little common sense. The enemy is sexual assault and work place intimidation that leads to forced and/or unwilling sexual activity.

  7. #27207

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    This is ultimately going to be Trump's legacy. And an ugly one at that.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.c29efb4fdeca
    This is scary and makes everything seem hopeless.

  8. #27208
    Get Off My Lawn. Maynerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    "If all it takes is the mere accusation of the mildest kind of physical contact" is nothing but hyperbole. Inappropriate behavior toward women is not acceptable in any form. Implying that we need to accept it from anyone in order to have "quality" people run for office is bs.
    Strongly agree with the bolded, but that has nothing to do with Bill Marsh's comment. Because he's suggesting that all it takes is the accusation. You can have a righteous, proper, honest, gentlemanly politician, and his career can (currently) be derailed by someone saying "he grabbed my ass 40 years ago." We need to show the door to people who have demonstrated inappropriate behavior, but we run the risk of allowing accusations without evidence to destroy people who are innocent.


    Right now, in the Court of Public Opinion, any accused man is guilty until proven innocent. If you even suggest otherwise, the immediate rejoinder is "why don't you believe the women?" In Roy Moore's case, I do in fact believe the women, but I don't see how you can disqualify Moore based on the allegations. He's disgusting, but if the voters of Alabama want him as their Senator, that's their right.


    An honorable man would step down or withdraw. Sadly, we don't have honorable men in politics any more.

    "But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

  9. #27209

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Inappropriate (definition, Merriam-Webster) - not proper or suitable for the situation: an inappropriate dress for the occasion. Synonyms: impolite, improper, unseemly, unbecoming, unbefitting, unsuitable.

    So careers should be ended for bad manners?
    Inappropriate sexual behavior. Whether or not a career should end should be based on the individual circumstances. I get the impression that you don't think a little grab a$$ is a big deal. I don't agree.

  10. #27210

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Strongly agree with the bolded, but that has nothing to do with Bill Marsh's comment. Because he's suggesting that all it takes is the accusation. You can have a righteous, proper, honest, gentlemanly politician, and his career can (currently) be derailed by someone saying "he grabbed my ass 40 years ago." We need to show the door to people who have demonstrated inappropriate behavior, but we run the risk of allowing accusations without evidence to destroy people who are innocent.
    More hyperbole.

  11. #27211
    Get Off My Lawn. Maynerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    More hyperbole.
    I don't understand.


    Are there pigs in government and in the workplace? Yes, there are. Should we be getting rid of them? Yes, we should.


    But, can someone use an unfounded and completely false accusation to derail an innocent man's career? Yes, they can. That's the other danger we currently face, and that's not hyperbole.


    Do we really want the Duke Lacrosse Case to be the standard of evidence we use in assessing the propriety of our leadership?


    We need to take the trash to the curb, but we need to make sure it's actually trash, first. We can't insist it gets put at the curb because someone pointed and said "hey, that's trash."

    "But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

  12. #27212

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    I don't understand.


    Are there pigs in government and in the workplace? Yes, there are. Should we be getting rid of them? Yes, we should.


    But, can someone use an unfounded and completely false accusation to derail an innocent man's career? Yes, they can. That's the other danger we currently face, and that's not hyperbole.


    Do we really want the Duke Lacrosse Case to be the standard of evidence we use in assessing the propriety of our leadership?


    We need to take the trash to the curb, but we need to make sure it's actually trash, first. We can't insist it gets put at the curb because someone pointed and said "hey, that's trash."
    All accusations should be investigated thoroughly. False accusations are rare. Hyperbole.

  13. #27213
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    All accusations should be investigated thoroughly. False accusations are rare. Hyperbole.
    I think we're about to see false accusations go up exponentially due to how easy it is to end someone's career. What's your take on the article I posted earlier? How do we combat what will undoubtedly be Russians or Americans making fake accounts with fake accusations against the candidate they don't like next year?

  14. #27214
    Get Off My Lawn. Maynerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    All accusations should be investigated thoroughly. False accusations are rare. Hyperbole.
    It's a month before election day, and three women say Candidate X touched me inappropriately 20 years ago. How do you investigate this thoroughly? How do you do ANY investigation prior to the election? Do you treat it differently if there were eight accusations? What about just one? What if your thorough investigation indicates there are accusations, but not a shred of evidence?


    As for false accusations being rare, they won't be if Candidate X in the scenario above is forced to withdraw. It will become routine politics. Disgusting? Sure, but if it works, it will become part of the unwritten campaign strategy for high office. Are you OK with an accusation (without evidence) being the burden of proof to derail a career, even if it occurs only rarely?


    I agree that accusations should be investigated. But, how do we treat the accused while we're awaiting the results of that investigation? Innocent until proven guilty? Or, assume he's guilty because more than one accusation has been made? Where does the line get drawn? Moore =/= Franken. One is far more vile than the other. Is one unacceptable and the other not? Who gets to make that determination?

    "But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

  15. #27215

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I think we're about to see false accusations go up exponentially due to how easy it is to end someone's career. What's your take on the article I posted earlier? How do we combat what will undoubtedly be Russians or Americans making fake accounts with fake accusations against the candidate they don't like next year?
    Any accusation should be thoroughly investigated. Look at that article as an example. It was quickly deemed false. If that is our new reality, so be it. One in four women have experienced some degree of sexual harassment, assault, etc. They need to be believed. If they are proven to be falsely reporting they should face consequences. I disagree that we are going to see false accusations go up exponentially unless you are talking about random tweets with no corroboration. That alone is not going to cost careers.

  16. #27216
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post


    I agree that accusations should be investigated. But, how do we treat the accused while we're awaiting the results of that investigation? Innocent until proven guilty? Or, assume he's guilty because more than one accusation has been made? Where does the line get drawn? Moore =/= Franken. One is far more vile than the other. Is one unacceptable and the other not? Who gets to make that determination?
    Innocent until proven guilty is 100% irrelevant unless it is a criminal case. You can assume whatever you want.

    But your last point if you did wrong I donít think one should be considered more acceptable just because it isnít as severe as another. If one case passes beyond the side of right over to wrong then it is wrong.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

  17. #27217
    Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ

    Re: President Donald Trump

    The President of the United States is on the same maturity level as LaVar Ball. Let that sink in and just think about how horrifying that is.
    2017 - Better than expected!

    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

  18. #27218
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    The President of the United States is on the same maturity level as LaVar Ball. Let that sink in and just think about how horrifying that is.
    Which is why I wish that in order to call for a nuclear strike, he and another person must call with the order
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

  19. #27219
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: President Donald Trump

    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...legations.html

    Conyers admitted he settled on a sexual harassment case but denies the accusations. What also bugs me? We taxpayers paid for that settlement! And overnight another accuser came forward.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 25 users browsing this thread. (5 members and 20 guests)

  1. NerfBall55
  2. Maynerd
  3. CoyoteYankee
  4. OFcoombs113

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts