+ Reply to Thread
Page 1287 of 1413 FirstFirst ... 287 787 1187 1237 1277 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1297 1337 1387 ... LastLast
Results 32,151 to 32,175 of 35309

Re: President Donald Trump

Trump is really scaring me. We knew he was ADHD, but his impulsivity is now out of control. Multiple firings in a single day, a completely understaffed administration, and utter chaos that has never before been seen in the country’s leadership. Previous administrations surrounded themselves with people who were often even more knowledgeable and experienced than the president. But this is the least knowledgeable and least experienced president in memory, but he is so insecure that he refuses to bring in knowledgeable people to advise him and he feels so easily threatened that he fires anyone who doesn’t show complete subservience.

The UK is taking the Russian assassination on British soil as tantamount to an act of war. An act against any NATO member is an act of aggression against all members of the alliance. Trump’s relationship with Russia leaves him emasculated and complete unable to cope with this crisis. Our president is compromised. God help us all.

Meanwhile, the Republican Congress is so committed to win-at-all-costs strategy that it is unable to put aside partisan extremism in favor of the national interest. Very bad timing for a Republican Congress to go nuts at the same time as we have a crazy president. A sad state of affairs to be sure, but this is what we get when politicians are bought and paid for by corporate interests. The Supreme Court really needs to revisit its decision on campaign financing. The future of the Republic is at stake. These are dark days.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    What do you think the chances are of Mueller uncovering this?
    I’m sure he already has. I expect that he will not only be indicted by Mueller’s grand jury but will also be prosecuted by NY AG Eric Schneiderman since many of the financial crimes were committed there.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Read his post a little more closely.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    That’s why he fires them over Twitter.
    But he has BALLS. Well, when it comes to being a racist and sexual predator, anyway. Not so much when it comes to running the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Bernard View Post
    That's probably accurate. Tillerson is at the top of the American society pyramid. He's a white super wealthy male with connections to other white super wealthy males. The day to day politics that affect the rest of us really don't apply to him.
    Yeah, I don't feel too sorry for him. He knew that he was working for a completely narcissistic fool. He still has his billions.

This is scary. You can't criticize me at all or you go. What a little freaking coward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Money laundering and numerous other financial crimes. Drumpf is probably heavily in debt to Russian banks and other Russian financiers (Mafia) whom Putin controls. They can call in his debts at any time and ruin him.
    This wouldn't surprise me. IDK if it would ruin him, though. His base gives no ................s what he does. He literally could murder someone and they wouldn't care.

Trump is really scaring me. We knew he was ADHD, but his impulsivity is now out of control. Multiple firings in a single day, a completely understaffed administration, and utter chaos that has never before been seen in the country’s leadership. Previous administrations surrounded themselves with people who were often even more knowledgeable and experienced than the president. But this is the least knowledgeable and least experienced president in memory, but he is so insecure that he refuses to bring in knowledgeable people to advise him and he feels so easily threatened that he fires anyone who doesn’t show complete subservience.

The UK is taking the Russian assassination on British soil as tantamount to an act of war. An act against any NATO member is an act of aggression against all members of the alliance. Trump’s relationship with Russia leaves him emasculated and complete unable to cope with this crisis. Our president is compromised. God help us all.

Meanwhile, the Republican Congress is so committed to win-at-all-costs strategy that it is unable to put aside partisan extremism in favor of the national interest. Very bad timing for a Republican Congress to go nuts at the same time as we have a crazy president. A sad state of affairs to be sure, but this is what we get when politicians are bought and paid for by corporate interests. The Supreme Court really needs to revisit its decision on campaign financing. The future of the Republic is at stake. These are dark days.
    I usually find your posts insightful and this is no exception. Sometimes you frighten me, though, and again this is no exception. Things have been dire for a while, but you manage to say that with more gravity than most of us.

More stupid crap flowing from 45*'s regime..........

ICE Spokesman Resigns, Saying He Could No Longer Spread Falsehoods for Trump Administration.

'A spokesman for United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement has resigned, saying that he could no longer “bear the burden” of spreading falsehoods on behalf of the Trump administration.

The spokesman, James Schwab, who had worked for the agency’s San Francisco Division, told news outlets Monday that his decision was prompted by false statements made by the agency on Feb. 27 and repeated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions last week.

The statements criticized the mayor of Oakland, Libby Schaaf, for her decision last month to warn city residents that a raid by federal immigration agents targeting roughly 1,000 people was imminent. The agency’s deputy director, Thomas D. Homan, said that Ms. Schaaf’s warning had helped “864 criminal aliens and public safety threats” to evade capture in the raid.

Mr. Sessions, in a visit to California last week, condemned Ms. Schaaf, a Democrat, and echoed the agency, asserting that her actions had allowed hundreds to escape.'>>>

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/13/u...n-resigns.html
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

The Russians engaged in kompromat with Trump and his family for a half dozen years, and we know that the Trump family was seeking cash from Russian oligarchs for over a decade.

Here's the thing, Putin sits on top of the whole thing and the Russians are very well coordinated. The sanctions imposed by Obama on Russia were extremely harsh to the oligarchs, which of course includes Putin. Because he consolidated power among the oligarchs, he's considered one of the richest men on the planet.

So, of course Putin and the oligarchs wanted a Russia-friendly (if not compromised) Trump to win. If nothing else, they wanted to make Clinton's victory pyrrhic by further dividing the electorate with a nasty and ugly campaign. They had already used this tactic in W. Euro elections and then again in Ukraine.

With all of that said, the Trump's are what they are. Their campaign was hot garbage. Their transition was an absolute s..tshow, and their administration is off to historical levels of incompetence.

During the campaign, they had people like Page and Manafort running around trying to cut deals, thinking they'd never have to face any scrutiny for their Russian dealings. You had Trump Jr courting meetings to get dirt and others likely working with Wikileaks, who was working directly with the Russians to share/spread dirt.

Was it collusion or just a bunch of disorganized one-offs? Does it matter? I'm 100 percent convinced that Russians had a multi-pronged effort in place to disrupt our elections, that evolved into trying to get Trump in office, with the win-win of further dividing Americans in the process.

They're all gonna be bleeped for obstruction and fraud. Again, too many of these guys fall into "think they're too smart for their own good" realm of things. We all know this. And who again are the absolute Alpha examples of this?

Ultimately, I think it's going to take an election to get him out of office, because the GOP are complicit and adhere to party over country these days. But that family and most everyone associated with it is going to be screwed when Mueller lowers the boom. That is, so long the Democrats don't let them off the hook once they regain power (and there are several examples of them having taken the (pathetic) high road for the 'good of the country')...
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Nice is different than good. Texsahara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    That's the joke. Trump recently blamed the Democrats for blocking nominations. The Dems countered by saying we can't block your nominations because you haven't made any.

I think there are something like 67 posts Trump is supposed to nominate people for that Senate is supposed to confrim but Trump can't be bothered to find someone to nominate.

I guess it would just be 67 more people Trump could potentially fire.
    He's been too busy appointing federal judges.

NYYF Legend

He's been too busy appointing federal judges.
    Someone has to help those poor downtrodden white males get life time appointments.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Nice is different than good. Texsahara's Avatar

Someone has to help those poor downtrodden white males get life time appointments.
    This one is on you.

NYYF Legend

This one is on you.
    If it reignites, my apologies in advance.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    The Russians engaged in kompromat with Trump and his family for a half dozen years, and we know that the Trump family was seeking cash from Russian oligarchs for over a decade.

Here's the thing, Putin sits on top of the whole thing and the Russians are very well coordinated. The sanctions imposed by Obama on Russia were extremely harsh to the oligarchs, which of course includes Putin. Because he consolidated power among the oligarchs, he's considered one of the richest men on the planet.

So, of course Putin and the oligarchs wanted a Russia-friendly (if not compromised) Trump to win. If nothing else, they wanted to make Clinton's victory pyrrhic by further dividing the electorate with a nasty and ugly campaign. They had already used this tactic in W. Euro elections and then again in Ukraine.

With all of that said, the Trump's are what they are. Their campaign was hot garbage. Their transition was an absolute s..tshow, and their administration is off to historical levels of incompetence.

During the campaign, they had people like Page and Manafort running around trying to cut deals, thinking they'd never have to face any scrutiny for their Russian dealings. You had Trump Jr courting meetings to get dirt and others likely working with Wikileaks, who was working directly with the Russians to share/spread dirt.

Was it collusion or just a bunch of disorganized one-offs? Does it matter? I'm 100 percent convinced that Russians had a multi-pronged effort in place to disrupt our elections, that evolved into trying to get Trump in office, with the win-win of further dividing Americans in the process.

They're all gonna be bleeped for obstruction and fraud. Again, too many of these guys fall into "think they're too smart for their own good" realm of things. We all know this. And who again are the absolute Alpha examples of this?

Ultimately, I think it's going to take an election to get him out of office, because the GOP are complicit and adhere to party over country these days. But that family and most everyone associated with it is going to be screwed when Mueller lowers the boom. That is, so long the Democrats don't let them off the hook once they regain power (and there are several examples of them having taken the (pathetic) high road for the 'good of the country')...
    Excellent post.

My only disagreement is that Trump’s financing by the Russians probably goes back more than just over a decade but likely closer to a quarter of a century.

After he defrauded major NY banks in construction loans for Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, the banks quietly settled with him out of court to avoid public embarrassment. But the price he paid was that they blackballed him in the banking industry. The only bank that would deal with him was one division of Deutsche Bank. We now know that bank became a pass through for illicit Russian money. We don’t know precisely when Trump’s financing by Russians began, but it’s likely that it goes way back since no one else would deal with him.

Trump has been evading prosecution for a long time by bullying little people, paying lawyers to get him out of trouble, and by putting even big banks in uncompromising positions. His behavior in office has not changed, but he is now up against the resources of the US government and there’s no way of negotiating his way out of this one. Mueller is coming to get him.

I share your disdain for the Congressional Republicans and disillusionment with the Democrats, but I’m less pessimistic than you with regard to it taking an election to get rid of Trump. I believe that Mueller will present a case that is so air tight and so overwhelming that Congress will have no choice. For their own survival, the Republicans will eventually be as anxious to get rid of him as the Democrats.

Again, I appreciate your insights and your excellent post.

Excellent post.

My only disagreement is that Trump’s financing by the Russians probably goes back more than just over a decade but likely closer to a quarter of a century.

After he defrauded major NY banks in construction loans for Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, the banks quietly settled with him out of court to avoid public embarrassment. But the price he paid was that they blackballed him in the banking industry. The only bank that would deal with him was one division of Deutsche Bank. We now know that bank became a pass through for illicit Russian money. We don’t know precisely when Trump’s financing by Russians began, but it’s likely that it goes way back since no one else would deal with him.

Trump has been evading prosecution for a long time by bullying little people, paying lawyers to get him out of trouble, and by putting even big banks in uncompromising positions. His behavior in office has not changed, but he is now up against the resources of the US government and there’s no way of negotiating his way out of this one. Mueller is coming to get him.

I share your disdain for the Congressional Republicans and disillusionment with the Democrats, but I’m less pessimistic than you with regard to it taking an election to get rid of Trump. I believe that Mueller will present a case that is so air tight and so overwhelming that Congress will have no choice. For their own survival, the Republicans will eventually be as anxious to get rid of him as the Democrats.

Again, I appreciate your insights and your excellent post.
    You're likely right about how far back Trump's been dealing with Russian banks and I'm not sure what I barfed qualifies as insight, so much as it's turning up this echo chamber to 11 (if only for a little while).
    Last edited by ojo; 03-13-18 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Tillerson removed as SOS and Mike Pompeo in. Cross off another square in the Trump bingo card.
    Woefully unqualified as Tillerson was, I feel like he had better intentions than 99% of Trump's appointees. That's not saying much, of course.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Woefully unqualified as Tillerson was, I feel like he had better intentions than 99% of Trump's appointees. That's not saying much, of course.
    Same. I thought he was the “least worst”of the bunch

Won't someone think of the white men?!

He came in with virtually nothing in the way of qualifications, but he seemed to be genuinely interested in learning about his job. Of course, he also took an active role in dismantling the State Department.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

He came in with virtually nothing in the way of qualifications, but he seemed to be genuinely interested in learning about his job. Of course, he also took an active role in dismantling the State Department.
    Oh, no disagreement. We're grading on a hell of a curve.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

The curve is bigly.

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Yes, another instance of the guy who won by being the only politician who "says what he means" having to have other people go on TV and explain how he didn't mean what he said.

The list of that gets longer every week:
    If Obama paid off a porn star.
    Or cheated on 3 wives.
    Or had kids by 3 women.
    Or married an immigrant.
    Or had a host of campaign staffers plead guilty to federal crimes.
    Or spent 1/3 of his time in office at resorts.
    Or told people we need to take the guns first and deal with due process after that.

The government would be shut down because every Republican in Congress would be holding hearings 24/7.
    yeah, i think this at least once a week.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

he's a dry, dog turd. relatively easy to clean up (not runny, and invasive) but still a pile of crap nonetheless.

While Tillerson was the head of Exxon he had a lot of dealings with Putin. Putin even awarded Tillerson some kind of "highest foreign friend of Russia" medal.
    The way 45* wants to kiss Putin's ass probably was why he got SOS. 45* thought that would be his "in" with Vladdy.
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

NYYF Legend

This situation doesn't come up often, but it seems pretty obvious that if you have to fire everyone, the problem is actually you. Not that that wasn't already apparently for numerous other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    This is really bad. I'm glad they screwed over my kids to give more tax breaks to the wealthy.
    Your kids are takers. They don’t create jobs. All they do is cost money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    This situation doesn't come up often, but it seems pretty obvious that if you have to fire everyone, the problem is actually you. Not that that wasn't already apparently for numerous other reasons.
    No, he hired only the best people.

For those who thought he’d surround himself with knowledgeable people, I’m not sure what to tell you other than you weren’t paying attention to every sign he ever sent out.

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Your kids are takers. They don’t create jobs. All they do is cost money.

No, he hired only the best people.

For those who thought he’d surround himself with knowledgeable people, I’m not sure what to tell you other than you weren’t paying attention to every sign he ever sent out.
    Her kids don’t even work. Why should they get tax breaks?

Rand Paul is doing his usual grandstand, suggesting he’ll oppose Pompeo.

Thread Information