+ Reply to Thread
Page 1833 of 1901 FirstFirst ... 833 1333 1733 1783 1823 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1843 1883 ... LastLast
Results 45,801 to 45,825 of 47504
    NYYF Legend

Re: President Donald Trump

Just repeal the 25th Amendment, cuz no hammer can break that glass.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

NYYF Legend

Besides being a bigot and racist, it has become readily apparent that he is a White Nationalist. With all his other crimes I am now on the side of impeaching him.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Weekly reminder: Donald Trump is an imbecile.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post
    That Queen Lizzy is a dodgy one.
    The thing is , she can get away with murder.....
    unless they change the British Constitution she can do what she wants....

Hope is eternal

We do not have a President.
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

NYYF Legend

Absolutely horrific people in this administration.

In an effort to defend a new Trump administration rule aimed at making it more difficult for poorer legal immigrants from staying in the U.S., acting Citizenship and Immigration Services Director Ken Cuccinelli offered a new take on the famous poem attached to the Statue of Liberty.

"Give me your tired and your poor who can stand on their own two feet and who will not become a public charge," Cuccinelli said during a Tuesday morning interview with NPR's "Morning Edition."

The original poem, titled "The New Colossus" and authored by Emma Lazarus in 1883, reads: "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...quote-n1041771

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    Absolutely horrific people in this administration.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...quote-n1041771
    The only silver lining in all of this is that the new rule doesn't apply to asylum seekers or refugees.

Frankly I'm surprised this administration stopped short of that.
    Jingoism is not Patriotism

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

From Reddit (Birmingham Bear):

Because what they're all finding out is that the protection extended to Trump by congressional Republicans does not extend to his idiot supporters. Trump gets to be insulated through money and a legion of sycophants editing and curating the media he sees to constantly protect his exceedingly fragile ego. He gets a legion of congressional Republicans that know he's a complete and utter imbecile, but in the interest of preserving their power eagerly and publicly defend his imbecility, his hate and stupidity. Trump lives in a painstakingly crafted bubble whose entire purpose is protecting him from the glaring reality that he's racist loser with no mental capacity to do the job he never deserved in the first place.

But the Trump supporter out in the streets has no such protection. He feels the disgust and loathing of his fellow countrymen. And that's powerful.

One of the single greatest forces acting on people in a society is the consensus and norms of their peers.

That is why you *cannot* let up. Do *not* let Trump and Republicans normalize his racism, xenophobia, and hate.

These norms can spread like a virus. We, the majority, are the herd immunity. We rebuff and make them ashamed to speak their viral hatred in person. And that is good. We cannot let them normalize this. We cannot let them be comfortable in their vile, horrid hate and racism.

I don't know you, but you - whoever you are - you have much more power than you think. When you interact in real life with a Trump supporter, when you shame them for espousing hate, it may *seem* as though you get nowhere. That Trump supporter may be boisterous and prideful in his hate and anger, may seem unrepentant, but the disgust on the face of a peer does have a strong effect on them. They will remember it, and it will erode their resolve.

I can't tell you who the best candidate for President is. But the one thing I can assure you - what we have on our side - is that Trump and the rhetoric and ideology of the Republicans is *wrong*. It is wrong for society, bad for humanity. It will lead to a culture that is poorer, sicker, more deprived of love and happiness and joy. It is a cancer in the body politic.

Look at the stories we see. Trump throws tantrums every other day when met with the resistance to his revolting ideas. Trump supporters are afraid to speak their hate aloud and in public. The administration is seeking an *executive order* just to suppress the overwhelming majority opinion on line that their ideas are vile and sick.

The illusion provided by their occupation of power can seem omnipotent, but Trump and the Republicans are far, far weaker than they seem, and they know it. And it *terrifies* them.

Trump has allowed these disgusting ideas to wriggle out of the rotted logs on the floor of our country. But now they're finding they burn in the light. They thought their Imbecile Jesus had blanketed the sky in darkness for them to thrive, but he did not. We are not going anywhere, and there are a hell of a lot more of us than there are of them. They have cheated and lied and waited in the dark and in patience to scrabble together the power they have now, but do not confuse that with legitimacy. The government is nothing but the consensus of the people and they do *not* have our consensus merely because they can steal seats through hostile foreign interference and gerrymandering. We do not have to respect them and we do not have to allow them to exist through another election cycle. We choose.

So don't stop. Don't let up. Do not let trolls or loud jackasses in pickup trucks waving confederate flags get one moment of peace from our vocal condemnation of their ideas.

This is our society. Our culture. It is one of freedom for all men - an ideal that may not ever be achieved but must *always be striven towards*. One of the freedom for every person to pursue happiness. And at the core of the ideology of Republicans is the *antithesis* of that. Their ideology is one of a hierarchy of men, and not even one built on merit, but built on inheritance - the inheritance of money, the inheritance of privelege, the inheritance of a better skin color and better ancestry, the inheritance of entitlement merely from being born one place and not another. Like most of what they do, their fixation on "merit" is projection - they don't want to have to earn or work for anything. They want respect for their gender, privilege for their race and birthplace, and most importantly, they want *respect* and *acceptance*.

That is their sickness. That is at the core of everything they think and everything they do. Reject them. Reject them everywhere you see them, everywhere you meet them. No one whose ideology is based upon denying another human being their fundamental humanity merely because they were born with blacker skin or to poorer people in a poorer country deserves any respect, and they deserve no peaceful night's sleep without seeing and hearing the revulsion and condemnation of our many voices.

RIP Dorothy Seymour Mills Texsahara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Heh. If you don't want to be labeled a racist, don't say racist things, don't commit racists acts, and don't support racists. It ain't hard.
    Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    The only silver lining in all of this is that the new rule doesn't apply to asylum seekers or refugees.

Frankly I'm surprised this administration stopped short of that.
    They’re doing their best not to accept asylum seekers or refugees at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Heh. If you don't want to be labeled a racist, don't say racist things, don't commit racists acts, and don't support racists. It ain't hard.
    I don’t hate black people, but they should stop infringing on the privilege of white people.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    They’re doing their best not to accept asylum seekers or refugees at all.
    Not surprising.
    Jingoism is not Patriotism

I don’t hate black people, but they should stop infringing on the privilege of white people.
    Just don't call anyone Fredo.
    Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...n-results-2020

Why Trump’s 'maximum pressure' foreign policy yields minimum results
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    From Reddit (Birmingham Bear):
    Way tl;dr.

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Weekly reminder: Donald Trump is an imbecile.
    And that’s not one of the five worst things about him as President. Maybe not top 10.

And that’s not one of the five worst things about him as President. Maybe not top 10.
    Much like your movie list, I've got about 100 things on my list of the Top 10 Worst Things About Drumpf.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Much like your movie list, I've got about 100 things on my list of the Top 10 Worst Things About Drumpf.
    Yes, but "imbecile" definitely makes the extended list. Among his shortcomings as a President, it’s more Chasing Amy than Casablanca.

Yes, but "imbecile" definitely makes the extended list. Among his shortcomings as a President, it’s more Chasing Amy than Casablanca.
    I've never seen the former, but I Googled and it looks bad. Really bad. I mean, Affleck is in it.

I've never seen the former, but I Googled and it looks bad. Really bad. I mean, Affleck is in it.
    Nope. It was quite good actually. Although I suspect it has not held up well.

NYYF Legend

However, don't underestimate the negative synergy of imbecile when combined with his other negative traits:

imbecile liar (dumb lies worse than smart lies)
    imbecile narcissist (sort of a requirement for him to be a narcissist)
    imbecile Twitter addict (dumb Tweets...)
    imbecile and ignorant of history
    imbecile and ignorant of economics
    imbecile and won't read

...the list goes on, it makes almost all of them worse. One exception might be racism...a smart racist might be worse than an imbecile racist.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Yup, never said it was.

These lists of ours would be thoroughly depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    However, don't underestimate the negative synergy of imbecile when combined with his other negative traits:

imbecile and won't read

...the list goes on, it makes almost all of them worse. One exception might be racism...a smart racist might be worse than an imbecile racist.
    From Google:
    noun informal
    noun: imbecile; plural noun: imbeciles
    a stupid person.
    synonyms: fool, idiot, cretin, moron, dolt, halfwit, ass, dunce, dullard, simpleton, nincompoop, blockhead, ignoramus, clod; More
    antonyms: genius
    adjective
    adjective: imbecile
    stupid; idiotic.
    "try not to make imbecile remarks"
    synonyms: stupid, foolish, idiotic, silly, doltish, halfwitted, witless, dull, brainless, mindless, unintelligent, unwise; More
    antonyms: intelligent
    Origin

mid 16th century (as an adjective in the sense ‘physically weak’): via French from Latin imbecillus, literally ‘without a supporting staff’, from in- (expressing negation) + baculum ‘stick, staff’. The current sense dates from the early 19th century.
    I have many words to describe him. Most are forbidden by forum rules.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post

imbecile and won't read

So maybe the analogy is not to a movie but to Stanley Tucci, who makes any movie better.

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

It would show great weakness if Israel allowed Rep. Omar and Rep.Tlaib to visit. They hate Israel & all Jewish people, & there is nothing that can be said or done to change their minds. Minnesota and Michigan will have a hard time putting them back in office. They are a disgrace!

9:57 AM · Aug 15, 2019
    So disgusting. So appalling.

Thread Information