+ Reply to Thread
Page 1866 of 1871 FirstFirst ... 866 1366 1766 1816 1856 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 ... LastLast
Results 46,626 to 46,650 of 46755

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Nah. I have a security clearance. Just because it's legal in Colorado doesn't mean it's OK.
    I was talking about your vote for Gary Johnson. And I was joking.

I wasn't addressing the fact that weed is generally far less dangerous than, say, alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    By design, in 2018 the billionaire class paid a lower effective tax rate than the working class. First time in history.
    This makes me so incredibly angry.

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I was talking about your vote for Gary Johnson. And I was joking.

I wasn't addressing the fact that weed is generally far less dangerous than, say, alcohol.

This makes me so incredibly angry.
    Me too. Sadly enough donít mind. And it is deliberate
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Not for an Air Force career it isnít.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Seemed obvious to me. A favorite line.
    That was a great line
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

As someone pointed out on Twitter, Trump didnít help us in Vietnam.
    It's possible, his inclusion in Vietnam could have made things worse.

I mean, it is possible.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are excellent, but Vincent D'Onofrio steals it.
    Yeah, perfectly solid film. Think I saw it more than once.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

https://twitter.com/msnbc/status/118...751562240?s=21

Evidently one reason Trump gave to abandon the Kurds is that the Kurds didn’t help us at Normandy in WW2.
    Did anyone tell him they helped us a little more recently than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    And got fked over afterwards.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    And got fked over afterwards.
    Trump may be trying to recreate the plot of the movie Goldeneye where Sean Bean plays a Cossack ally that got sold out to Russia by Britain and is trying to get revenge. Genius if that’s his plan, that was a fun movie

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    Wel, yes, but they were doing it because it suited their own purposes. They werenít doing it Uriel y out of ove for the USA, so we donít owe them anything. Turkey, on the other hand, buys weapons from us.

Hope is eternal

Maybe if the Kurds stayed at a Trump property occasionally?

https://twitter.com/msnbc/status/118...751562240?s=21

Evidently one reason Trump gave to abandon the Kurds is that the Kurds didnít help us at Normandy in WW2.
    Trump actually tweeted his dopey statement as if he made some genius point of logic.

He's incredulous.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Trump actually tweeted his dopey statement as if he made some genius point of logic.

He's incredulous.
    Guess this doesn't bode well for our relationships with Germany, Italy or Japan.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    Guess this doesn't bode well for our relationships with Germany, Italy or Japan.
    What? Italy? Noooooo.

ďSo as it turns out, Italy was one of the bad guys in World War II. Seriously. Many people donít believe it.Ē
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    What? Italy? Noooooo.

“So as it turns out, Italy was one of the bad guys in World War II. Seriously. Many people don’t believe it.”
    I'm always bemused how he'll stop in mid sentence to re-emphasize a phrase like he's trying to define it to his audience (or himself) like he's a great educator. It's so weird.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    What is the free market solution to solving the problems of homeless, hunger and health care access?
    Let them die.

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    Or Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    Let them die.
    And them blame them for their own death.
    Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

Not for an Air Force career it isnít.
    "Generally" was the key word.

Hope is eternal

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...d44_story.html

Two of Rudy associates arrested for campaign violations in Ukraine investigation of Biden

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    I think for some it is the goal. For many, it is just an acceptable outcome.
    Why don't more Republicans speak out against Trump? They like what he's doing. Occum's razor and all.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/08/o...ump-kurds.html
    On most issues, congressional Republicans donít actually disagree with or disapprove of the president. They might find him coarse and occasionally abhorrent ó when he was still the speaker of the House, Paul Ryan took a shot at Trump after his ďboth sidesĒ remarks regarding the white supremacist march and violence in Charlottesville, Va. ó but that doesnít mean they have a problem with his administration.

And why would they? Despite his somewhat heterodox campaign, Trump has been a remarkably conservative president. For most Republican lawmakers, to oppose Trump would be to oppose their own interests.

Most Republican lawmakers were sent to Washington to fight for spending cuts, lower taxes and conservative judges. Why would any of them stand against a president who has delivered on each count? Trump has taken an ax to domestic spending programs for the poor ó his Agriculture Department just proposed new cuts to food stamps; he signed a tax cut that funnels trillions to the highest earners; and he stacked the federal judiciary with right-wing ideologues. Itís hard to imagine a better outcome for a conservative politician.

Sometimes, the simplest answer is the correct one. Why are most Republicans silent in the face of the presidentís attempt to cheat his way to re-election? Perhaps itís because they donít think itís wrong ó or because they donít care if it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Got it, you prefer the failed model of Charity will solve all.
    No, charity can help, but it's not the solution. Government handouts aren't the solution, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper
    What is the free market solution to solving the problems of homeless, hunger and health care access?
    I don't know. I just know that handouts aren't effective.

To be honest, I'd like to see government involvement along the lines of FDR's New Deal agencies. Bring back the WPA and CCC, and put people to work. Government payroll, rather than government dependency. Teach them marketable skills. Put a roof over their heads while they're working. Provide them with the means to see to all those necessary basic human needs, but with the expectation of some work benefiting society.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

To be honest, I'd like to see government involvement along the lines of FDR's New Deal agencies. Bring back the WPA and CCC, and put people to work. Government payroll, rather than government dependency. Teach them marketable skills. Put a roof over their heads while they're working. Provide them with the means to see to all those necessary basic human needs, but with the expectation of some work benefiting society.
    Cool. So the Green New Deal.

Train people to install solar, build batteries, build and maintain wind turbines, and help those currently working for fossil fuel companies stay on their feet as they transition out of that dying industry.

Pay out of work people to build new, energy efficient housing units all over the country.

I love it. Where do we sign up?

Before Obamacare was ever passed, I observed that the indigent were going to Emergency Rooms for basic health care, and then skipping out on the bill, and that providing insurance COVERAGE for those people would be ineffective, because they were going to unwilling or unable to pay the cost share associated with medical insurance. My point has been that mandatory insurance coverage does not provide affordable or accessible health care to anyone, and would be completely ineffective at its stated goal. I don't see any evidence that I was wrong. So, it's not that I was trying to deny care to anyone. It was my observation that the proposed solution would not, and could not, correct the problem.

I'm all for creating solutions to these problems. Taxing wealthy people to provide free everything to everyone else is NOT a solution.
    What's your solution to this problem other than single payer?

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Cool. So the Green New Deal.
    The 'jobs' part of it, absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    Train people to install solar, build batteries, build and maintain wind turbines, and help those currently working for fossil fuel companies stay on their feet as they transition out of that dying industry.

Pay out of work people to build new, energy efficient housing units all over the country.
    I'm on board with ALL of this. The GND loses me when it goes completely off the rails with requirements to modify all existing buildings, eliminating our transportation system, eliminating waste products from agriculture. [And yes, I know it included 'as much as is technologically feasible.' These parts still made it rife for derision.] Had the GND simply proposed a jobs initiative with efforts toward infrastructure and energy improvements, it would have had much greater support among the population. But, in the format it was released in, people were going to key on 'zero emission transportation' and cow farts.

The unachievable goals overshadowed the jobs piece.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Thread Information