+ Reply to Thread
Page 1585 of 1585 FirstFirst ... 585 1085 1485 1535 1575 1582 1583 1584 1585
Results 39,601 to 39,612 of 39612

Re: President Donald Trump

https://www.newsweek.com/white-house...e-time-1213354

Washington Post reporter Josh Dawsey followed up on Karni's tweet by adding that "policy time" was instituted by Chief of Staff John Kelly in an effort to get the president to focus on issues.
    Policy time is probably bookended by nap time and snack time. Hopefully they use "Policy Time" and show him episodes of schoolhouse rock, he might learn something.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    This Administration reminds me of Reservoir Dogs...Evil white guys in suits, few roles for women and Mr. Orange lies through the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    No matter, you can't count on Florida...or North Carolina for that matter. Get Penn, Wis, Mich, Colorado and New Mexico....maybe Arizona. That'll do it.
    I still could see a scenario in which he loses but refuses to leave office. It's really a terrifying prospect.
    I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.

--Audre Lorde

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I still could see a scenario in which he loses but refuses to leave office. It's really a terrifying prospect.
    Nah. In that case, you'd just see some dead bodies (Trump's, included). Maybe it'd take a refresher course for some SS agents, but ultimately the Secret Service are there to protect the current president and previous presidents not anybody that refuses to recognize the difference.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

There can be nothing terrifying in any way about him losing. The concession speech would be a doozy. "I'd like to blame blah blah blah and blah blah blah for making it possible for me to lose this crooked election."
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    There can be nothing terrifying in any way about him losing. The concession speech would be a doozy. "I'd like to blame blah blah blah and blah blah blah for making it possible for me to lose this crooked election."
    I'm not saying he'd definitely try it but there's certainly a possibility. He's not a gracious person in any respect, losing or winning. Yet I agree that his "winning" again is a more terrifying prospect.
    I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.

--Audre Lorde

Hope is eternal

I'm not saying he'd definitely try it but there's certainly a possibility. He's not a gracious person in any respect, losing or winning. Yet I agree that his "winning" again is a more terrifying prospect.
    I have thought this more than once. I guarantee one thing, the “rigged election” tweets from Election Day to Inauguration Day will be non stop.
    Trading insults is a waste of time. Persuade why someone should see your point.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I have thought this more than once. I guarantee one thing, the “rigged election” tweets from Election Day to Inauguration Day will be non stop.

What makes you think that he would stop at inauguration day?

I'd bet that he would threating several lawsuits. Condemn the Republican party for nor backing him more and worse.
    Between election day and inauguration day, I wouldn't be surprised if he made an executive order to place the WH under eminent domain so he could tear it down and build a new trump tower complete with a golf course.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    What makes you think that he would stop at inauguration day?

I'd bet that he would threating several lawsuits. Condemn the Republican party for nor backing him more and worse.
    Between election day and inauguration day, I wouldn't be surprised if he made an executive order to place the WH under eminent domain so he could tear it down and build a new trump tower complete with a golf course.

Andy
    As long as he is out of power he can rant and rave all he wants

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Gee, who saw that coming? Oh yeah, anybody who isn't a disciple of Reagan or Larry Kudlow.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/12/b...-happened.html

Nearly a year after the tax cut, economic growth has accelerated. Wage growth has not. Companies are buying back stock and business investment is a mixed bag.

Despite a remarkably strong economy, the fiscal health of the United States is deteriorating fast, as revenues have declined sharply. The federal budget deficit — the gap between what the government collects in revenues and what it spends — rose to $779 billion in the 2018 fiscal year, which ended Sept. 30. That was a 17 percent increase from the prior year.

Corporate tax revenues are down one-third from a year ago. Federal revenues as a whole ran $200 billion behind the Congressional Budget Office’s forecast for the 2018 fiscal year — even though economic growth was faster than the C.B.O. expected. The nonpartisan Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget reports that nominal federal revenues are down by at least 3.6 percent since the tax cuts took effect.

he growing budget gap means the Treasury must borrow more to keep the government running. The Treasury expects to borrow a total of $1.338 trillion from global investors this calendar year. That would be 145 percent higher than the $546 billion the federal government borrowed last year. That would be the highest level of borrowing since 2010, when the American economy was struggling to recover from the great recession.
    Many companies also said they would use tax savings to create jobs. But the Just Capital research finds that, since the tax cuts were passed, the 1,000 largest public companies have actually reduced employment, on balance. They have announced the elimination of nearly 140,000 jobs — which is almost double the 73,000 jobs they say they have created in that time. About half of those net losses came from companies in the restaurant and leisure industries, the analysis found.

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Gee, who saw that coming? Oh yeah, anybody who isn't a disciple of Reagan or Larry Kudlow.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/12/b...-happened.html
    I, along with others, correctly stated at the time what this was, a tax cut for the wealthy. And it has proven true. Read that half of the authors of the tax bill were voted out last week.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I, along with others, correctly stated at the time what this was, a tax cut for the wealthy. And it has proven true. Read that half of the authors of the tax bill were voted out last week.
    They all knew it too which is why they ran on the caravan and MS13 instead of touting this tax cut.

NYYF Legend

Does anyone believe that trump understands economics? Before you answer recall that he went bankrupt six times.
    Does anyone believe that trump has any idea of how tariffs work economically?

And for a third question, does anyone believe that trump is competent in international relations? He does understand relations with prostitutes, but hey he is our President.

Trump campaigned on wiping ort our National debt. Instead it has risen from 19.5 trillion to 21.5 trillion during his two years in office. Maybe he should file for US bankruptcy. He knows how to do that.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Thread Information