+ Reply to Thread
Page 579 of 579 FirstFirst ... 79 479 529 569 576 577 578 579
Results 14,451 to 14,468 of 14468

Re: President Donald Trump

The point is you're born with your freedom. You aren't granted it by the government.

This is just an example of more taking one statement and picking it apart for the sake of picking President Trump apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    The point is you're born with your freedom. You aren't granted it by the government.

This is just an example of more taking one statement and picking it apart for the sake of picking President Trump apart.
    No. If you're born on US soil (see Barack Obama) you are a citizen of the US and therefore granted rights and freedoms as a result of our early Congress people who were government legislatures. Don't think G_d authored any amendments. Last time I checked anyway. Maybe 45* was coronated and I missed it.
    But that's how it works.
    Loving some nothing burgers!!!

President Donald J. Trump: "I loved my previous life. I had so many things going. This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."

http://abcn.ws/2oTo3Cb

What kind of dolt thinks the PRESIDENCY OF THE UNITED STATES will be easier than, uh, anything? Unreal.

You are wrong. We are not granted our freedom. We are born with them.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Not gonna attack Trump for that remark. Will hate him for pandering to the religious because he is clearly not and is really the antithesis of what most religions teach.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    President Donald J. Trump: "I loved my previous life. I had so many things going. This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."

What kind of dolt thinks the PRESIDENCY OF THE UNITED STATES will be easier than, uh, anything? Unreal.
    Trump. That kind of dolt
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post

Who knew being the President of the United States was difficult? I'm flabbergasted.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

No. We are born with freedom as a result of our early congress people = government officials.
    Loving some nothing burgers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Not gonna attack Trump for that remark. Will hate him for pandering to the religious because he is clearly not and is really the antithesis of what most religions teach.
    thats fine. But I know I am right. Our constitution is written as such. These are god given rights. Not government granted rights.

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    No. We are born with freedom as a result of our early congress people = government officials.
    wrong.

Candidate Trump would like to change that. He thinks we're stupid for it. His god only knows where he stands now.

"A woman gets pregnant. She's nine months, she walks across the border, she has the baby in the United States, and we take care of the baby for 85 years. I don't think so," Trump said during the debate.

"And by the way, Mexico and almost every other country anywhere in the world doesn't have that. We're the only ones dumb enough, stupid enough to have it. And people — and by the way, this is not just with respect to Mexico. They are coming from Asia to have babies here, and all of a sudden, we have to take care of the babies for the life of the baby."

NYYF Legend

thats fine. But I know I am right. Our constitution is written as such. These are god given rights. Not government granted rights.
    I have a copy of the Constitution on my deck.

Care to guess what word doesn't appear in it even one time?

God

You may be confusing the Constitution with the Declaration of Independence. It's a common mistake.

Oh and minor pet peeve of mine. Rights are protections of people from the Majority. Liberties are protections of people from the Government.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Candidate Trump would like to change that. He thinks we're stupid for it. His god only knows where he stands now.
    Hes referring to illegal immigrants who come here to have children.

A US citizen is born with their freedom. Our government's job is to protect that freedom. Saying our government grants us our freedom implies that if they decide not to you're a slave.

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    Uhhhhh maybe that G-d guy didn't write our USC, DOI and BOR?
    No, but the guys who DID write it included this observation:
    We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

Hes referring to illegal immigrants who come here to have children.

A US citizen is born with their freedom. Our government's job is to protect that freedom. Saying our government grants us our freedom implies that if they decide not to you're a slave.
    Funny there is quite a bit in the original Constitution on the subject of slavery.

Guess those folks born here didn't get God's message that they were free.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    No, but the guys who DID write it included this observation:
    But that's not the Constitution.

And apparently that only held true for land owning white males.
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Funny there is quite a bit in the original Constitution on the subject of slavery.

Guess those folks born here didn't get God's message that they were free.
    our country has made mistakes. I don't deny it.

Btw, your party opposed abolishing it. If we're going to bring up errors of the past.

NYYF Legend

our country has made mistakes. I don't deny it.

Btw, your party opposed abolishing it. If we're going to bring up errors of the past.
    My party has been pretty f-d up at times. No question about it.

But most of what they were f-d up about caused them to leave my party for the Republicon party went my party wanted to change that.
    Baseball is life;

Thread Information