+ Reply to Thread
Page 1658 of 1664 FirstFirst ... 658 1158 1558 1608 1648 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 ... LastLast
Results 41,426 to 41,450 of 41589

Re: President Donald Trump

Social media is the bane of this country.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    The fact that something can start on 4chan and within hours work its way "up" to Fox News and then right into the brain of the President is truly frightening.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    The fact that something can start on 4chan and within hours work its way "up" to Fox News and then right into the brain of the President is truly frightening.

What Brain?. You are giving him too much credit

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

This next election is going to be such a sh*t show because of it. There will be countless things like this going on....

https://twitter.com/AsteadWesley/sta...753522179?s=20

A fake Kamala Harris tweet that has been passed around with the youths. Another reminder that disinformation will play a huge role in 2020 (and every election going forward)

Funny though that virtually all the bots and fake "verified" accounts are there to hurt Democrats.

This next election is going to be such a sh*t show because of it. There will be countless things like this going on....

https://twitter.com/AsteadWesley/sta...753522179?s=20

Funny though that virtually all the bots and fake "verified" accounts are there to hurt Democrats.
    Social media is going to do it's thing and there's not a lot that can be done about it. The mainstream media, otoh, is already showing that they are not going to cover the actual policy issues any better than they did in 2016 and that is really frustrating to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Social media is going to do it's thing and there's not a lot that can be done about it. The mainstream media, otoh, is already showing that they are not going to cover the actual policy issues any better than they did in 2016 and that is really frustrating to me.
    Yup. During her announcement speech Warren went in to more policy detail than Trump has in 4 years. What did the media talk about? Not her policy and not his racist tweet at her, but more about her DNA test.

Yup. During her announcement speech Warren went in to more policy detail than Trump has in 4 years. What did the media talk about? Not her policy and not his racist tweet at her, but more about her DNA test.
    The media plays to the attention span of its customers. Sadly, most Americans have little patience for policy. But, we have massive appreciation for insult and scandal. "Pocahontas" will have much greater staying power than 'comprehensive sentencing reform' or 'giving employees a greater voice in outsourcing decisions.'

Does the average voter (even the average Republican voter) recall what Marco Rubio stood for 4 years ago? Nope. Do they remember "Little Marco?" Yep. Do they recall details of Ted Cruz' campaign? Nope. Do they remember "Lyin' Ted?" Yep. Do they recall the details of Hillary's platform? Nope. Do they remember the e-mails and the basket of deplorables? Yep.

Warren's web site spells out her position on a number of important issues, and it does so fairly well (not a lot of detail, but you don't get elected based on detail). How many people have read it, compared to how many are familiar with "Pocahontas?"

It doesn't speak well of our society.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    The media plays to the attention span of its customers. Sadly, most Americans have little patience for policy. But, we have massive appreciation for insult and scandal. "Pocahontas" will have much greater staying power than 'comprehensive sentencing reform' or 'giving employees a greater voice in outsourcing decisions.'

Does the average voter (even the average Republican voter) recall what Marco Rubio stood for 4 years ago? Nope. Do they remember "Little Marco?" Yep. Do they recall details of Ted Cruz' campaign? Nope. Do they remember "Lyin' Ted?" Yep. Do they recall the details of Hillary's platform? Nope. Do they remember the e-mails and the basket of deplorables? Yep.

Warren's web site spells out her position on a number of important issues, and it does so fairly well (not a lot of detail, but you don't get elected based on detail). How many people have read it, compared to how many are familiar with "Pocahontas?"

It doesn't speak well of our society.
    I understand what you're saying. However, it still enrages me that we've collectively decided that the President can say the most vile, racist, or illegal things on twitter and since it's out in the open and not dug up by a journalist, it's no big deal.

Ralph Northam should resign for what he did last week. How is that worse than the President making a trial of tears joke on twitter? Why is Northam coverage 24/7 and the President not?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    He doubled-down on that this morning and upped it to "No president ever worked harder than me".

Nope, not a single one. Donald is a machine.
    He programs himself to dream about the Presidecy while he sleeps. So 24hr President.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Why is Northam coverage 24/7 and the President not?
    Because Trump saying something foolish, or in poor taste, or factually inaccurate, or insulting, or dog whistle-y, is no longer newsworthy. It's expected.

The media doesn't make a big deal that the sun rose this morning. In the grand scheme of things, that was pretty important. It just wasn't newsworthy because we've come to expect it. Sort of like Trump's buffoonery.

Again......doesn't speak well of our society.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

I cannot wait till this reprehensible, bufoonish, clown is out of office. In the past our president was almost one we could look up to, yo emulate to set a moral tone.

But this sad excuse encourages violence, bigotry and racism. He has the morals of a dog in heat. He thinks laws are made to be broken.

I am deeply abhorred by him.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF Legend

Because Trump saying something foolish, or in poor taste, or factually inaccurate, or insulting, or dog whistle-y, is no longer newsworthy. It's expected.

The media doesn't make a big deal that the sun rose this morning. In the grand scheme of things, that was pretty important. It just wasn't newsworthy because we've come to expect it. Sort of like Trump's buffoonery.

Again......doesn't speak well of our society.
    And yet no major media outlet that I can recall is having 24/7 coverage asking to resign over it.
    Baseball is life;

So because he lies SO prolifically so much more than any politician in our lives and is SO racist and SO unfit for office....he gets a pass?

Silly me thinking the President of the United States saying things is newsworthy. I know he's not popular and he will never crack more than 42% approval which is TERRIBLE for a President, but we shouldn't ignore the fact that he says things on a daily basis that would be the end of 44 other Presidencies.

So because he lies SO prolifically so much more than any politician in our lives and is SO racist and SO unfit for office....he gets a pass?

Silly me thinking the President of the United States saying things is newsworthy. I know he's not popular and he will never crack more than 42% approval which is TERRIBLE for a President, but we shouldn't ignore the fact that he says things on a daily basis that would be the end of 44 other Presidencies.
    What do you want the non-Fox networks to do? Do you want them to open every news show about Trump's tweets or should they concentrate on his corruption and bad policy decisions?

What do you want the non-Fox networks to do? Do you want them to open every news show about Trump's tweets or should they concentrate on his corruption and bad policy decisions?
    If they are going to focus on the likes of Northam or Warren's DNA test then yes they should focus on what would be a career ended for literally every other politician. Not everyone follows twitter. People should know when their President makes a joke about genocide.

Again, if anything Trump says on twitter were found in a hacked email sent privately it would be such a bigger story, but since he does his obstruction, witness tampering, corruption and racism in the open it's never given the full weight.

If they are going to focus on the likes of Northam or Warren's DNA test then yes they should focus on what would be a career ended for literally every other politician. Not everyone follows twitter. People should know when their President makes a joke about genocide.

Again, if anything Trump says on twitter were found in a hacked email sent privately it would be such a bigger story, but since he does his obstruction, witness tampering, corruption and racism in the open it's never given the full weight.
    I mainly watch MSNBC on TV with some CNN coverage too and they make a big deal about Trump's tweets. So does their websites.

I understand what you're saying. However, it still enrages me that we've collectively decided that the President can say the most vile, racist, or illegal things on twitter and since it's out in the open and not dug up by a journalist, it's no big deal.

Ralph Northam should resign for what he did last week. How is that worse than the President making a trial of tears joke on twitter? Why is Northam coverage 24/7 and the President not?
    Because we're desensitized to Drumpf being a racist dolt. It's expected. Tragically.

Well, not quite 44. Probably only the last 5 or 6. Most of the early ones owned slaves, after all.
    The class which has the power to rob upon a large scale has also the power to control the government and legalize their robbery.

-- Eugene Debs

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Because we're desensitized to Drumpf being a racist dolt. It's expected. Tragically.

Well, not quite 44. Probably only the last 5 or 6. Most of the early ones owned slaves, after all.
    Yeah, but they didnít talk about it too much. Andrew Jackson probably said some really offensive things. Iíll give him this, though: he was fiercely, even violently loyal to his wife and her reputation.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yeah, but they didnít talk about it too much. Andrew Jackson probably said some really offensive things. Iíll give him this, though: he was fiercely, even violently loyal to his wife and her reputation.
    "John Marshall has made his decision; now let him enforce it!"
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    "John Marshall has made his decision; now let him enforce it!"
    Iím betting he did a lot worse than that.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I need to read American Lion. It's been on my kindle for 3 years.

That photo of him looks like a Madame Tussaud's wax figure
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    That photo of him looks like a Madame Tussaud's wax figure
    He always does. I was more referring to this though.

I know you were but that freaked me out.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Thread Information