+ Reply to Thread
Page 1367 of 1523 FirstFirst ... 367 867 1267 1317 1357 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1377 1417 1467 ... LastLast
Results 34,151 to 34,175 of 38054

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    What kind of response is that?

I hope everyone condemns the. Liberals for that. I sure do. Hated LBJ, have no use for Bill Clinton, and didn’t vote for Hillary.

Is your comment somehow an attempt to exonerate Trump? Very weak. Condemn Trump along with all the others.

Just for the record. Neither of the Clintons are liberals. They are more accurately referred to as neo-liberals, which means former liberals who have moved to the right. See what a move to the right
    does for you?
    Your uncalled personal response to me is the last straw. Goodbye as I have no need to converse with you again as this is the second time you have attack my politics!
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    He did back out of SK talks today (SK announced it) no indication of anything for US summit yet
    Typical NK tactics as this guy will take Trump to the cleaners if there is ever a summit.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Would liberals buy such crap if it was one of their own saying these type of blatant lies? Are there some past examples of that happening with the liberal base? We had Democratic presidents lie in the past like Clinton did with his affairs and LBJ with the Vietnam War, but to tell blatant lie after lie about what they're doing to get rid of corruption, when in reality they're adding to the corruption, I can't remember any of them doing it.
    What kind of response is that?

I hope everyone condemns the. Liberals for that. I sure do. Hated LBJ, have no use for Bill Clinton, and didn’t vote for Hillary.

Is your comment somehow an attempt to exonerate Trump? Very weak. Condemn Trump along with all the others.

Just for the record. Neither of the Clintons are liberals. They are more accurately referred to as neo-liberals, which means former liberals who have moved to the right. See what a move to the right does for you?
    Your uncalled personal response to me is the last straw. Goodbye as I have no need to converse with you again as this is the second time you have attack my politics!
    I think maybe Bill misconstrued where you were going with your statement, but I wouldn't take his response personally. He's attacking the mindset of whataboutism, as well as setting the record straight as to the Clintons' ideology (which was freakin spot-on, btw)...
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    I think maybe Bill misconstrued where you were going with your statement, but I wouldn't take his response personally. He's attacking the mindset of whataboutism, as well as setting the record straight as to the Clintons' ideology (which was freakin spot-on, btw)...
    It’s the second time he has misconstrued my comments in this thread and I’ve had enough of him basically calling me a Trump supporter.

Reject Fascism

Typical NK tactics as this guy will take Trump to the cleaners if there is ever a summit.
    Yup. There will be no deal.
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

45* bragging about how HE got the prisoners released, sings his praise at his rallies, promoting himself getting the Nobel Peace Prize? Had to get under NK's skin.
    I highly doubt 45* even considers advice from his top foreign aides.
    Gut feeling is NK is playing him like the fool he is.
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Would liberals buy such crap if it was one of their own saying these type of blatant lies? Are there some past examples of that happening with the liberal base? We had Democratic presidents lie in the past like Clinton did with his affairs and LBJ with the Vietnam War, but to tell blatant lie after lie about what they're doing to get rid of corruption, when in reality they're adding to the corruption, I can't remember any of them doing it.
    They got rid of Al Franken for far less.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

It’s the second time he has misconstrued my comments in this thread and I’ve had enough of him basically calling me a Trump supporter.
    You guys are kicking the tires of the same car.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

My apologies for being overly harsh and for misconstruing where you were going with your point. My bad.

He did back out of SK talks today (SK announced it) no indication of anything for US summit yet
    Can’t say that this comes as a surprise to anyone but Trump. Oh, well . . . There goes the Nobel prize.

After the concessions they’ve already offered, they’re not unreasonable to have wanted the combined drills to end. As far as taking him to the cleaners, what exactly does that look like?What’s the risk? Are they going to trick him into not launching a war that would devastate the entire peninsula and end American power in Asia? That doesn’t seem so bad tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by BB22 View Post
    After the concessions they’ve already offered, they’re not unreasonable to have wanted the combined drills to end. As far as taking him to the cleaners, what exactly does that look like?What’s the risk? Are they going to trick him into not launching a war that would devastate the entire peninsula and end American power in Asia? That doesn’t seem so bad tbh.
    What concessions? NK's goal is to drive a wedge between SK and USA. They want USA troops out of SK. That's their true goals plus having nuclear weapons.

What concessions?
    Suspending missile tests.

NK's goal is to drive a wedge between SK and USA. They want USA troops out of SK. That's their true goals plus having nuclear weapons.
    There’s already a wedge between South Korea and the US. Who cares about keeping troops in South Korea (which they’re not leaving regardless). He already has nuclear weapons.

So what’s the risk again?

What concessions? NK's goal is to drive a wedge between SK and USA. They want USA troops out of SK. That's their true goals plus having nuclear weapons.
    True. They also want a peace treaty that will officially end the Korean War.

Suspending missile tests.

There’s already a wedge between South Korea and the US. Who cares about keeping troops in South Korea (which they’re not leaving regardless). He already has nuclear weapons.

So what’s the risk again?
    You think that's a major concession? Is there a real wedge between SK and US, if so then how come those joint military exercises are still going on. As to nuclear weapons that's what those talks should be all about.

You think that's a major concession?
    Yes. Among others they’ve made.
    Is there a real wedge between SK and US, if so then how come those joint military exercises are still going on.
    Reports are that South Korea is trying to pressure the United States into dropping the nuclear B-52 bombers from the drill.
    As to nuclear weapons that's what those talks should be all about.
    North korea is never going to get rid of their nuclear weapons. To insist on that is to insist on war.

Reject Fascism

NK had no choice but to suspend the tests at that site as the conditions there forbade it. So they turned it into a “gesture”. NK playing same game as in 90’s with Clinton and 2012 with Obama. Trump is the latest patsy.
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

NK had no choice but to suspend the tests at that site as the conditions there forbade it. So they turned it into a “gesture”. NK playing same game as in 90’s with Clinton and 2012 with Obama. Trump is the latest patsy.
    Correct, empty gestures that is evidently fooling some people.

NYYF Legend

Can’t say that this comes as a surprise to anyone but Trump. Oh, well . . . There goes the Nobel prize.

As far as I am concerned, the only Nobel prize trump qualifies is a stick of dynamite up his rear.

Oh, no! that's going to far. Maybe a dunce cap would be more appropriate.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Reports are that South Korea is trying to pressure the United States into dropping the nuclear B-52 bombers from the drill.
    There's no such thing as a "nuclear B-52." It's a nuclear-capable aircraft, in that it can carry a nuclear weapon, but that's not its only mission. Most American fighters are nuclear capable, as are naval and artillery forces. So, eliminating any weapon system that is nuclear-capable is effectively eliminating the American military.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Yes. Among others they’ve made.

North korea is never going to get rid of their nuclear weapons. To insist on that is to insist on war.
    Yes. I wonder if anyone in this country ever looks at it from their POV. I’m sure they’re well aware of the fate of countries that have given up nuclear weapons. Ukraine, for example, did and lost Crimea. Libya did, were invaded, and Gadaffi was taken out.

The US intervened militarily in the affairs of Korea once before. We never signed a peace treaty after that war. If any of us were NK, would we give up our nuclear arsenal? Have we given them any reason to trust us?
    Last edited by Bill Marsh; 05-17-18 at 05:37 AM.

I would not have expected the stodgy, conservative FBI to come up with an operation name as awesome as "Crossfire Hurricane."

Nice is different than good. Texsahara's Avatar

I was born in a cross-fire hurricane
    And I howled at the morning driving rain
    But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas
    But it's all right. I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash
    It's a gas, gas, gas

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    I was born in a cross-fire hurricane
    And I howled at the morning driving rain
    But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas
    But it's all right. I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash
    It's a gas, gas, gas
    Around 1970-1972, every high school band had that in its repertoire. Every. Single. One. Sometimes it was their entire repertoire, but you couldn’t have a band without it.

Thread Information