+ Reply to Thread
Page 1012 of 1012 FirstFirst ... 12 512 912 962 1002 1009 1010 1011 1012
Results 25,276 to 25,297 of 25297

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Gotta disagree here. He's the POTUS. Source matters.
    Agreed with this as well.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I agree with all that.

But that's different than ascribing all the beliefs of the source of a tweet to the person that retweets it.
    Who's doing that? I see people basically saying the President should be careful who he re-tweets.
    -Kevin

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I've laid out my opinion as well as I can. You're free to disagree. But spare me the passive-aggressive "you're better than that" nonsense.

Yes, context matters. You tell me what context makes this tweet go from stupid sight gag to violence against women. Tell me what context makes that gif anti-Semitic.

What's the deeper meaning you spoke of?
    I don't think anyone said the latter, and was John one of the ones claiming the former?
    -Kevin

RIP, Pete.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Who's doing that? I see people basically saying the President should be careful who he re-tweets.
    That is all I am saying
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.340e64462b7f

President Trump called on the United Nations to enact reforms to the world body, pledging Monday in his debut here at the annual General Assembly meetings that he and his administration will be “partners in your work.” Speaking at the opening session of the four-day conference, Trump said the organization founded in 1945 has “not reached its full potential” in recent years because of a bloated bureaucracy and “mismanagement.”
    “We encourage all member states to look at ways to take bold stands at the United Nations with an eye toward changing business as usual and not being beholden to ways of the past which were not working,” Trump said, flanked by U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley and Secretary General António Guterres.
    Trump had spoken dismissively of multilateral institutions, including the U.N. and NATO, during his campaign, promoting an “America first” agenda aimed at reducing the United States's interventionism abroad in favor of domestic priorities.
    And of course....
    Trump couldn't resist putting in a plug for one of his development projects — Trump World Tower, a residential skyscraper across the street from the U.N. headquarters that was completed in 2001. Former New York Yankees star Derek Jeter and White House adviser Kellyanne Conway have been tenants, and the government of Saudi Arabia purchased the 45th floor.
    “I actually saw great potential right across the street, to be honest with you,” Trump said, “and it was only for the reason that the United Nations was here that that turned out to be such a successful project.”

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Tangentally related to this discussion.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...inks-of-trump/

New poll numbers are out on how the rest of the world views America.
    Since 2000, Pew typically has asked approximately 1,000 residents each in a variety of countries for their views on the U.S., the U.S. president, other world leaders and several issues.2 We compared the results for the past three years for two questions: Whether respondents have a favorable view of the U.S., and whether they have confidence in the current U.S. president to “do the right thing regarding world affairs.”3
    Two patterns jump out. First, since Trump took office, confidence in the president has gone down further, on average, than favorability toward the U.S.: Confidence dropped 47 percentage points; U.S. favorability just 13 points.
    Second, while respondents’ views of both America and the president have decreased in the past year, the drops are not uniform. Some of the biggest declines have been in countries with whom the U.S. has a collective defense agreement, such as NATO members and Japan, especially when it comes to confidence in the president. Mexico, unsurprisingly, also saw a big public opinion drop on both questions. On the other hand, public favorability towards the U.S. has gone up in Russia, and public confidence in the president has gone up in both Israel and Russia since Trump took office.
    So everywhere on Earth views us less favorably than they did last year with the exception of....Russia and Israel.

When asked whether they trust the US President when it comes to the world's affairs, the average went from 64% to 27%. In one year.

That's him making us less and less relevant as a world leader in real time. This is done through a combination of big things like taking us out of the Paris accord and small things like retweeting idiots with twitter names like @fuctupmind who happen to be anti-Semites.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    The recently RO'd poster did that, and others seemed to at least indirectly support that POV. Kind of ironic, since we're talking about retweets. But it seems everyone agrees his habit of retweeting people is dumb and careless.

The recently RO'd poster did that, and others seemed to at least indirectly support that POV. Kind of ironic, since we're talking about retweets. But it seems everyone agrees his habit of retweeting people is dumb and careless.
    I don't think anyone said the gif was anti-semetic but @fuctupmind is or at least he plays an anti-semite on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    Haley would never win the GOP nomination because she removed the Confederate flag from the capitol. I hope Booker doesn't win because he's basically Hillary Clinton, but with more affinity for pharma and Wall Street.
    Doesn't he also support school vouchers? I'm not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    And we aren't allowed to call him a ................ing asshole.
    Nope, but he can brag about sexual assault and get away with it.

I see I've simultaneously missed nothing at all and lots over the past few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    I don't think anyone said the gif was anti-semetic but @fuctupmind is or at least he plays an anti-semite on twitter.
    True, but anti-semitism wasn't the original thrust of the conversation. Violence against women was. And I replied to Kevin in that context.

And still agree it was dumb, unbecoming of the president and he should be held accountable for repeatedly sourcing his completely non-productive retweet habits from people of questionable moral character.

True, but anti-semitism wasn't the original thrust of the conversation. Violence against women was. And I replied to Kevin in that context.

And still agree it was dumb, unbecoming of the president and he should be held accountable for repeatedly sourcing his completely non-productive retweet habits from people of questionable moral character.
    The ship has sailed on him ever acting Presidential. This is who he is. He's a 70 year old dottering racist buffoon who has managed to fail upwards more than anyone in American history.

To keep pretending he'll one day wake up and realize what being in the office he holds means is a pipe dream. Our only hope really now lies with Mueller.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    The ship has sailed on him ever acting Presidential. This is who he is. He's a 70 year old dottering racist buffoon who has managed to fail upwards more than anyone in American history.

To keep pretending he'll one day wake up and realize what being in the office he holds means is a pipe dream. Our only hope really now lies with Mueller.
    Who here is pretending he will? I'm not defending him. I've made that pretty clear, or intended to.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post

Nothing is going to happen with Mueller. At least not in regards to the presidency. I just hope enough people learn enough from this to not let it happen again.

NYYF Legend

Yeah I don't think any one statement, tweet or re-tweet Trump has made is the one you can point to and say that's the problem.

It's that these issues keep coming up and repeating themselves.

Overtime they've built up a wealth of evidence on his character and his character is generally found wanting when put under any kind of examination.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Nothing is going to happen with Mueller. At least not in regards to the presidency. I just hope enough people learn enough from this to not let it happen again.
    What makes you think this? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    What makes you think this? Just curious.
    More a gut feeling. I also think he was intentionally left out of the loop on a lot of things. In some cases to assure plausible deniability. In other cases because he's a loose cannon that can't be trusted with information that needs to be kept quiet. Again not based on anything other than my own impressions.

More a gut feeling. I also think he was intentionally left out of the loop on a lot of things. In some cases to assure plausible deniability. In other cases because he's a loose cannon that can't be trusted with information that needs to be kept quiet. Again not based on anything other than my own impressions.
    Maybe not in regard to the President himself, in that he may well have been out of the loop in any collusion or attempted collusion, and that his actions as President may well fall short of criminal obstruction of justice. But to the extent that Mueller's findings implicate his campaign, his advisers and his family, and to the extent that they portray Trump himself as trying to get in the way of the investigation...I think it could affect his presidency quite a lot.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...hairman-report

Put the here as it relates to the investigation against Trump. Government wire tapped phones of former Trump campaign chair Manafort before and after election
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.cf4cafdc659c

President Trump on Tuesday warned the United Nations that the world faces “great peril” from gathering threats posed by rogue regimes with powerful weapons and terrorists with expanding reach across the globe, issuing a call to fellow leaders to join the United States in the fight to defeat them.
    The president warned of growing threats from North Korea and Iran, and he said, “The scourge of our planet is a group of rogue regimes.” He praised the U.N. for enacting economic sanctions on Pyongyang, but he also said that if Kim Jong Un's regime continued to threaten the United States and its allies and destabilize East Asia, his administration would be prepared to defend the country.

“We will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea,” Trump said, before calling Kim by a nickname he gave the dictator on Twitter over the weekend. “Rocket Man is on a suicide mission for himself.”
    Trump also called the U.N.-backed Iran nuclear deal “an embarrassment” to the United States and hinted that his administration could soon declare Tehran out of compliance. “I don't think you've heard the end of it,” he said.

Maybe when he and Vlad have pillow talk they can discuss North Korea because Russia is the key to that debacle.

As for Iran, Trump is convinced that they're not complying because the deal was made by Obama, so look for us to rip that up as well for no good reason.

Right. It's up to Congress to act on the president, which they will most certainly do if Mueller presents evidence of high crimes and misdemeanors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Right. It's up to Congress to act on the president, which they will most certainly do if Mueller presents evidence of high crimes and misdemeanors.
    I don't know if we can count on this Congress to do anything, sadly.

Thread Information