+ Reply to Thread
Page 2090 of 2090 FirstFirst ... 1090 1590 1990 2040 2080 2087 2088 2089 2090
Results 52,226 to 52,244 of 52244
    Death Star Fully Operational

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    It's not about Stone and it's not about the pardon. It's Trump granting clemency to his friend for covering up his crimes. It's an absolute betrayal of the office of the president. I thought Romney showed a weakness with his statement in not using names but "unprecedented, historic corruption" is spot on. Is it top five? Perhaps. I don't know. But it's up there and not something to hand-wave away as just another bad thing Trump did.

At the VA debate to ratify the constitution, George Mason vehemently opposed the pardon power. He lost that argument as Madison felt that impeachment would serve as the remedy. Heh.

I think he might have been on to something.
    The failures of our Constitution isn't the Founding Fathers fault, it's the fault of generations of American politicians that refuse to think of the Constitution as a living document that needs to be updated to the current times and traditions of what American life should be in current times.
    NYYFANS: Cashman/persona non-grata

once more unto the breach Texsahara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    The failures of our Constitution isn't the Founding Fathers fault, it's the fault of generations of American politicians that refuse to think of the Constitution as a living document that needs to be updated to the current times and traditions of what American life should be in current times.
    They made mistakes. A lot of them. I agree that it's supposed to change with the times but they don't get a pass.
    Last edited by Texsahara; 07-11-20 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    They made mistakes. A lot of them. I agree that it's supposed to change with the times but they don't get a pass.
    Too funny! I think the Constitution is a pretty damn good document, but it's a document that should have been updated many times since it was ratified in 1787.

once more unto the breach Texsahara's Avatar

Too funny! I think the Constitution is a pretty damn good document, but it's a document that should have been updated many times since it was ratified in 1787.
    It can be good and also be flawed. They were just men. Which is one of the flaws

Wants 2 be your latex salesman

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    You can rage all you want but I still think it’s wasted on Trump. I mean on the of corrupt things he’s done in office does Pardoning Stone crack the top 5 count down?
    I don't care where it ranks, it's corruption and abuse of power and I reject the idea that being outraged and being focused on defeating his re-election bid is an either/or proposition. If anything, it's adopting a shrugging posture that's likely to hurt the cause.
    I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

After 3.5 years it’s just more of the same from the most corrupt Administration in living memory.

Sure Nixon was corrupt but Trump has taken it to new levels. Harding has a horribly corrupt administration too but outside of maybe Muggs I do t think anyone was alive for that one.

Forget the rage, focus on getting this SOB out of the Oval Office on November 3rd.
    I can't let this gem go unnoticed. Bravo, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    I don't care where it ranks, it's corruption and abuse of power and I reject the idea that being outraged and being focused on defeating his re-election bid is an either/or proposition. If anything, it's adopting a shrugging posture that's likely to hurt the cause.
    Yeah, I can be outraged about LOTS of things. This may surprise you.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    I see it as a growing list of continued corruption. I don’t know if it will be the straw that breaks The camels back for some folks that once supported him or held their nose and pulled the lever for him but most of the folks that have already decided to vote against him this is just one more big piece of corruption in an administration built on corruption.

For his base, he’s righting a wrong of the Russian Witch Hunt against him and the deep state trying to steal his election. Oh and when will Obamagate be procesucuted?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

For me, the Stone commutation is fully deserving of rage. I am past the point where I can feel rage at anything Trump says--we are long past that. But this is a an actual legal deed, based on clear corrupt self-interest that has ground-breaking precedent-setting implications for the rule of law and moral norms of Presidential behavior. Rage on. I'm with you.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Legend

My rage is a collective one. Stone is just another pile on of this corrupt president

Good piece on Trump as the apotheosis of "cancel culture.” (Also on the right as its major source over the years.)

But here’s the hypocrisy: Donald Trump has embraced “cancel culture” his entire life. I cannot think of another politician, or public figure, who has spent more time trying to “cancel” critics than the thin-skinned former reality TV star in the Oval Office.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...trump-mcenany/

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Good piece on Trump as the apotheosis of "cancel culture.” (Also on the right as its major source over the years.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...trump-mcenany/
    Yeah, I read that article this morning. The Repugs and Trump have always been hypocrites.

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I’ll say again: The Harding administration had corrupt people in it. The Trump administration exists for the purpose of corruption. Nixon came close, but even he believed strongly in governing; he just also believed that his governance was a necessity. Trump does not believe in any of the legitimate aims of government. He believes only in how those goals can be subverted to his purposes.
    Well said, both of you.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

NYYF Legend

More proof that supporting Trump is akin to being in a cult:

https://twitter.com/FirenzeMike/stat...99967738478592
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Well....I am a total bacon whore...
    <--- The Ryan emoticon.

Quote Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post

Stupid as stupid does.

Quote Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post

A couple of weeks ago Chelsea Clinton tweeted that she honestly wished he had started selling Trump 2020 masks months ago because it would've saved so many lives. I couldn't agree more.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    A couple of weeks ago Chelsea Clinton tweeted that she honestly wished he had started selling Trump 2020 masks months ago because it would've saved so many lives. I couldn't agree more.
    This is why COVID-19 is the underlining point of how utterly stupid and inept Trump is. He could have easily made the virus his ticket to re-election. Leaders everywhere have used it to get their electorate behind them.

But not Trump.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Rage.
    Wasted Rage.
    Rage, rage against the lying of the Right.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Rage, rage against the lying of the Right.
    Well played tz, well played
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Thread Information