+ Reply to Thread
Page 1444 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 444 944 1344 1394 1434 1441 1442 1443 1444
Results 36,076 to 36,086 of 36086
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    Do some research on the Nazi regime before comparing people to them.
    Death camps were not the only defining characteristic of Nazis. In fact, they were Nazis even before Kristallnacht.

NYYF Legend

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Death camps were not the only defining characteristic of Nazis. In fact, they were Nazis even before Kristallnacht.
    Hell, they were Nazis on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918. It just took a while to crystallize. Weimar never had a chance.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Here's what I believe many of you are missing. Donald Trump is not qualified to be POTUS. He does not have the character or temperament. Additionally, I can state very confidentially that many of us have a better handle on issues than he does and that's a problem. The last thing I want is for this maniac to be isolated in the White House, that would be catastrophic. I want good Republicans to hold their noses and serve in this administration to prevent this from blowing up completely. John Kelly hates his job, he has stated so publicly. But he is staying there to keep things from falling apart. So IMO we should all want rational qualified people surrounding this man, they should not be vilified.
    Except youíre asking people to normalize the mouthpiece of the Donald Trump administration.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Here's what I believe many of you are missing. Donald Trump is not qualified to be POTUS. He does not have the character or temperament. Additionally, I can state very confidentially that many of us have a better handle on issues than he does and that's a problem. The last thing I want is for this maniac to be isolated in the White House, that would be catastrophic. I want good Republicans to hold their noses and serve in this administration to prevent this from blowing up completely. John Kelly hates his job, he has stated so publicly. But he is staying there to keep things from falling apart. So IMO we should all want rational qualified people surrounding this man, they should not be vilified.
    John Kelly is one of the minds behind the vile immigration policies. I donít give him credit. I donít give Sarah Sanders credit for being a rational, qualified, "good" Republican. Trump is doing a fine job of isolating himself and forcing out moderate voices, and there is certainly no evidence that those rational, qualified, "good" Republicans are doing a thing to mitigate his policies (with the single exception, perhaps, of Jim Mattis).

Also, this is no great insight that the rest of us are missing. Thereís nothing there we didnít know. I long ago gave up on the idea that he would appoint good advisors who would save us from him. We donít need to become more civil as he becomes more vile and divisive.

And if this is a distraction, then why do you keep talking about us! Why not refocus us on what is important, rather than defending poor Sarah Sanders against the ruthless owner of the Red Hen?

Nice is different than good. Texsahara's Avatar

And if this is a distraction, then why do you keep talking about us! Why not refocus us on what is important, rather than defending poor Sarah Sanders against the ruthless owner of the Red Hen?
    Like the president does.....

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago
    The Red Hen Restaurant should focus more on cleaning its filthy canopies, doors and windows (badly needs a paint job) rather than refusing to serve a fine person like Sarah Huckabee Sanders. I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it is dirty on the inside!

John Kelly is one of the minds behind the vile immigration policies. I donít give him credit. I donít give Sarah Sanders credit for being a rational, qualified, "good" Republican. Trump is doing a fine job of isolating himself and forcing out moderate voices, and there is certainly no evidence that those rational, qualified, "good" Republicans are doing a thing to mitigate his policies (with the single exception, perhaps, of Jim Mattis).

Also, this is no great insight that the rest of us are missing. Thereís nothing there we didnít know. I long ago gave up on the idea that he would appoint good advisors who would save us from him. We donít need to become more civil as he becomes more vile and divisive.

What we talk about here is irrelevant in the big picture. Every time this weekend I turned on one of the cable news channels they were debating/discussing the restaraunt incident. Now Trump is tweeting about it which will lead to more news coverage. I don't believe focusing so much attention on Sarah Sanders benfits anyone, it's the policies of the administration that matter. Lets agree to disagree.

Do some research on the Nazi regime before comparing people to them.
    Welcome to the political forums. I believe you just met everyone!

Nobody really knows what Sarah Samders believes or stands for. Her job is to communicate Trump's policies/views to the media/public. Her personal opinions are not part of the equation. And by all accounts she's had enough and will be exiting from that position shorthly. IMO refusing to serve her in a restaurant iserves no purpose other than to divide. Those who oppose Trump can further their cause by voting for candidates in November that will do what the current Congress refuses to do which is to provide checks and balances to the executive branch.
    GTFO with all this good reasoning.

Jay Carney. Don't get me started on Josh Earnest's deliberate misrepresentations. It comes with the territory. Obama lied through his teeth and so does Trump. The PSs are their mouth piece.

Nice is different than good. Texsahara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Pretty interesting stuff. Coupled with the removal of anti-American propaganda, sounds like the man is trying to achieve real change. Sadly it's taken Donald Trump and Dennis Rodman to show previous administrations dialogue works better than isolation.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...rasing-father/
    Very few here have opposed diplomacy with NK. The objections have been to the lack of planning, suspicion of lack of knowledge and appearance of kowtowing to a foreign dictator. It's difficult to avoid the feeling that the president is being played. If it turns out we are wrong and Trump solves everything, yay. And of course we all support the complete removal of n̶u̶c̶l̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶p̶o̶n̶s̶ anti-american propaganda in North Korea.

Reject Fascism

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/06/25/...riff-cost.html

Meanwhile Trumpís trade war has its first casualty. Harley Davidson moving some jobs overseas thanks to tariffs.
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

Thread Information