+ Reply to Thread
Page 1664 of 1664 FirstFirst ... 664 1164 1564 1614 1654 1661 1662 1663 1664
Results 41,576 to 41,589 of 41589
    NYYF Legend

Re: President Donald Trump

MEANWHILE.....this made my day:

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...r-president-is

Ann Coulter fired back at President Trump on Friday, stating that "the only national emergency is that our president is an idiot" in a radio interview on Friday afternoon.

Coulter was responding to Trump's comment earlier on Friday calling out the conservative firebrand as being "off the reservation." He made the remark during a press conference at the White House after he declared a national emergency on the southern border.

“Thank God he’s relieved me of any responsibility for what he’s been doing,” Coulter told KABC's Morning Drive on Friday. “That was the biggest favor anyone could do [for] me today.”

"It was one thing, the promise he made every single day at every single speech. Forget the fact that he's digging his own grave," Coulter added. "The only national emergency is that our president is an idiot."
    Smartest thing A.C. has said in years.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Hope is eternal

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.990dc124290b

Former Massachusetts governor William Weld challenges Trump on Republican side.
    Thankful to be a fan of a big market team

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post

Ann Coulter@AnnCoulter
    No, the goal of a national emergency is for Trump to scam the stupidest people in his base for 2 more years.
    When they turn, they turn hard.

Hope is eternal

Idiot is a vast understatement
    Thankful to be a fan of a big market team

"Ann Coulter, I don’t know her. I hardly know her. I haven’t spoken to her in way over a year,” Trump replied. “But the press loves saying, ‘Ann Coulter.’ "
    I have the feeling when Don jr or Eric gets indicted he'll say, "I've hardly spoken to them. In fact I only saw them once a year at Christmas."
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I have the feeling when Don jr or Eric gets indicted he'll say, "I've hardly spoken to them. In fact I only saw them once a year at Christmas."
    Or "who?".

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi3 View Post
    So, I'd be interested to hear how you all feel about AOC spiking the ball after playing a role in killing the Amazon move to LIC ?
    She seemed to think that the city was giving 3 billion to Bezos that should now be used for subways, etc, etc. It was not a giveaway, it was an incentive program based on creating new jobs. It was a reduction of taxes. If there is no revenue- no taxes
    Ironic that it was part of her district affected.
    I've seen first hand what Amazon has done to boost the economy here in Seattle
    It's scary that she has a degree in economics

This may be the most economically ignorant statement I have ver read. https://t.co/6iURWXEaq9

— Steven Rattner (@SteveRattner) February 15, 2019

Rattner was one of Barack Obama’s economic advisers and now manages Michael Bloomberg’s assets. Business Insider CEO Henry Blodget explains at a bit more length:

Yes, except there IS a “bad guy” here. The NYC politicians who apparently don’t understand how tax subsidies work. (NYC would not have “paid Amazon $3B.” We would have collected gigantic pots of tax revenue, as well as the spending power of 25,000 well-employed people.) https://t.co/Xz8J33HQ5k

— Henry Blodget (@hblodget) February 15, 2019
    "
    Maybe she’s concerned about another Foxxcon scam of taxpayers for billions of dollars.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Wow. It's the smartest thing she's ever said, I'd guess. Did he promise to dump Melania for her and then take it back?
    The class which has the power to rob upon a large scale has also the power to control the government and legalize their robbery.

-- Eugene Debs

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post

Not much name recognition but he's obviously better than Drumpf. Of course my left big toe is, too. I liked this part:

In an interview this week, Weld noted that even if he does not succeed, a potential side benefit, from his perspective, would be weakening Trump for the general election.
    He'd rather a Democrat than this ill-tempered buffoon.
    The class which has the power to rob upon a large scale has also the power to control the government and legalize their robbery.

-- Eugene Debs

Weld was Gary Johnson's running mate for the Libertarian Party in 2016.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi3 View Post
    there is no proof that the Russians: " hacked in (sic) our systems and were directly responsible for Trumps victory " Every official in a position to know ( including Rosenstein ) have stated that that never happened. What evidence causes you to feel that way?

There is no proof that Trump has obstructed justice in regards to the Mueller investigation. Even if he had fired Mueller - which is his prerogative as President, the investigation would have continued. McCabe lied under oath. Who did he fire that was undeserving?
    You understand that the Steele dossier- the basis for the whole investigation was completely unverified and funded by Hillary's campaign, correct ?

There is no proof of your NRA allegations . Hers's some facts for you :https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...ganized-crime/

If we take the time to take a larger view, it's apparent that Trump has been much harder on Russia than Obama ever was. He installed missle defense systems in Poland, which Obama refused to do. His sanctions have hurt Russia. 200 Russian soldiers were killed in a raid in Syria. Objectively, it'a apparent he's not been soft on Russia. He;s agreed to send more natural gas to europe- reducing their need for Russian supplies.He requested 1.8 billion last year for the European Deterrence Initiative a military effort to deter Russina gresssion.

There is no proof that Trump is a poor businessman. He's worth 4-6 billions. He had a very successful reality TV show. He ran a winning campaign for President. None of that happens
    if you're an idiot.

In opposition that he is the worst President, there is much evidence to the contrary. The economy is booming. Unemployment- particulalry among African Americans and Latins is at historic lows. Eurpoean countries are paying their own defense obligations. Bad trade deals have been renegotiated. Regulations that were stifling business have been reduced. Corporate taxes were reduced to competitive rates with the rest of the world. The middle class got a tax break as well

I'm no Trump fanboy- his faults are obvious . His divisive style has created a more ugly partisan landscape than I've ever seen. Yes, he can be a huckster and a liar, but he appeals to a movement that is becoming international. Look at the yellow vest movement in France that has spread. People are tired of leadership of the elite- Yale, Harvard, Goldman Sachs. It's ironic that it's a billionaire that is better able to relate to the fed up working classes. The Democrat party has become the party of Wall street and coastal elites

How much schooling did you have? It is obvious to me that you cannot comprehend what people try to express.

Please go back to my first statement. "there is no doubt in my mind " I do not need proof. I know in my mind what this miscreant is about, and when the Mueller Commission report is released, all my thoughts about this incompetent mule isverified, my feelings will be totally vindicated. My FEELINGS are just that and need no justification. They will be proven to be fact.

And what successful businessman goes bankrupt six times? What moral person scams people into paying money to attend the phoney trump university or to contribute to His personal slush fumd, the trump foundation?

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF Legend

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...rgency-1332979

Hours after declaring we are in a state of emergency, Trump boarded Air Force One to Mar-Le-Go for a weekend of golf and executive time.

Of course at the expense of the American public and at vastly inflated costs. And he cheats abut golf also

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    How much schooling did you have? It is obvious to me that you cannot comprehend what people try to express.

Please go back to my first statement. "there is no doubt in my mind " I do not need proof. I know in my mind what this miscreant is about, and when the Mueller Commission report is released, all my thoughts about this incompetent mule isverified, my feelings will be totally vindicated. My FEELINGS are just that and need no justification. They will be proven to be fact.

And what successful businessman goes bankrupt six times? What moral person scams people into paying money to attend the phoney trump university or to contribute to His personal slush fumd, the trump foundation?

Andy
    Right, your opinion is based on feelings

What exactly do you expect from the Mueller report ?

I've said Trump is a huckster, I won't defend everything he's done
    do ya lak dags ?

Not nice that Paulie Manafort lied to the special council.
    Mueller filed a motion today in VA seeking 19.5-24.5 years in prison
    The DC sentence happens before the end of a month.
    Manafort also relinquishes all properties, cars, ostrich jacket, and anything else the feds deem as having value.
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Thread Information