+ Reply to Thread
Page 462 of 462 FirstFirst ... 362 412 452 459 460 461 462
Results 11,526 to 11,529 of 11529
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I think another big problem is lack of education. We have lots of people in this country who preach abstinence only. That not only doesn't work; it actually exacerbates the problem. Free birth control is still a good thing.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3194801/
    You don't really give a crap about any of that. You just wanted to use "exacerbates."

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    So Trump really just didn't like that healthcare plan! #nothisfault

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...-plan-bad-deal
    Anything and everything that's positive is directly and solely his doing. Anything and everything negative or wrong he had nothing at all to do with. What a clown. How far we've fallen.

https://www.trumanlibrary.org/buckstop.htm

The sign "The Buck Stops Here" that was on President Truman's desk in his White House office was made in the Federal Reformatory at El Reno, Oklahoma. Fred A. Canfil, then United States Marshal for the Western District of Missouri and a friend of Mr. Truman, saw a similar sign while visiting the Reformatory and asked the Warden if a sign like it could be made for President Truman. The sign was made and mailed to the President on October 2, 1945.

The saying "the buck stops here" derives from the slang expression "pass the buck" which means passing the responsibility on to someone else. The latter expression is said to have originated with the game of poker, in which a marker or counter, frequently in frontier days a knife with a buckhorn handle, was used to indicate the person whose turn it was to deal. If the player did not wish to deal he could pass the responsibility by passing the "buck," as the counter came to be called, to the next player.*

On more than one occasion President Truman referred to the desk sign in public statements. For example, in an address at the National War College on December 19, 1952 Mr. Truman said, "You know, it's easy for the Monday morning quarterback to say what the coach should have done, after the game is over. But when the decision is up before you -- and on my desk I have a motto which says The Buck Stops Here' -- the decision has to be made." In his farewell address to the American people given in January 1953, President Truman referred to this concept very specifically in asserting that, "The President--whoever he is--has to decide. He can't pass the buck to anybody. No one else can do the deciding for him. That's his job.

Nunes, responding to recusal calls, on @oreillyfactor: "I’m sure the Democrats do want me to quit because they know I’m quite effective"
    https://twitter.com/HallieJackson/st...21301019840512

"The Democrats want me to quit the investigation into Trump cause they know I'm really good at protecting him.

Oh sh*t."

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Nuthouse!

Trump pressures House Intelligence Committee to probe the Clintons ties to Russia, not his

Source: MSN/Washington Post

President Trump sought Monday to pressure the House committee investigating Russia’s interference in the 2016 U.S. election, arguing that the panel should be probing Bill and Hillary Clinton’s ties to the country instead of those of his own campaign advisers.

In a pair of evening tweets, Trump wrote that the “Trump Russia story is a hoax” and listed a string of financial and other connections the Clintons have had over the years with Russia. He asked why the House Intelligence Committee is not investigating the former president and former secretary of state.

Trump’s tweets come just hours after the White House announced that Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, had agreed to be questioned by the House Intelligence Committee as part of its broad inquiry into Russian election interference. The committee is expected to ask Kushner about his communications with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak as well as with the chief executive of a Russian state-owned bank.

The House panel is chaired by Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), a close Trump ally and a leader of his presidential transition team. Democrats are calling on Nunes to be recused from overseeing what is supposed to be an independent congressional investigation into Russian interference in the election, though Nunes on Monday denied any wrongdoing and said he would not step down.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...his/ar-BByWk93

The walls are closing in.
    Loving some nothing burgers!!!

Thread Information