+ Reply to Thread
Page 1402 of 1609 FirstFirst ... 402 902 1302 1352 1392 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1412 1452 1502 ... LastLast
Results 35,026 to 35,050 of 40225
    NYYF Legend

Re: President Donald Trump

Well, trump claims to be "master of the deal". From what I can see he made significant concessions to N Korea with getting back in return. If this is how he negotiates then it is no mystery how he went bankrupt six times. Maybe he got his degree from the now defunct and fraudulent trump university.

What a charleton. I will never understand how he has so many followers. Maybe they want to emulate his philandering, immorality, his constant lies, his admiration for dictators (he wants to become one) his shady deals, his demeaning of all opponents, his bias toward the media, the judicial system and anyone who says anything negative about him. His racial bigotry, his constant favorable comparison of him to past administrations. His wanting to squandering $35 billion to build a wall that will not accomplish anything.
    I thought the American Public was better than that. Feel free to add anything I forgot.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

ABC News is reporting that it seems Michael Cohen is likely to flip:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-lawy...ry?id=55861988
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    Well, trump claims to be "master of the deal". From what I can see he made significant concessions to N Korea with getting back in return. If this is how he negotiates then it is no mystery how he went bankrupt six times. Maybe he got his degree from the now defunct and fraudulent trump university.

What a charleton. I will never understand how he has so many followers. Maybe they want to emulate his philandering, immorality, his constant lies, his admiration for dictators (he wants to become one) his shady deals, his demeaning of all opponents, his bias toward the media, the judicial system and anyone who says anything negative about him. His racial bigotry, his constant favorable comparison of him to past administrations. His wanting to squandering $35 billion to build a wall that will not accomplish anything.
    I thought the American Public was better than that. Feel free to add anything I forgot.

Andy
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    ABC News is reporting that it seems Michael Cohen is likely to flip:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-lawy...ry?id=55861988
    WSJ says he hasn't decided.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Itís been obvious for a while that Cohen would flip. He doesnít have Manafortís money to fight this. Heís about to be arrested. He doesnít want to go to jail.

Heís run out of options.

Is Trump supporting Corey Stewart because Trump isnít really a billionaire and has economic anxieties?

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Bernard View Post
    Is Trump supporting Corey Stewart because Trump isnít really a billionaire and has economic anxieties?
    "I am extremely disappointed that a candidate like Corey Stewart could win the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate," former Virginia Republican Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling tweeted. "This is clearly not the Republican Party I once knew, loved and proudly served. Every time I think things can't get worse they do, and there is no end in sight."
    When will these Republicans wake up to realize that this is now what your party is? You're right Bill, it's not the Republican party you once new. It's now the Trump party of white nationalism, petty racism, blatant sexism. At least for you it's still the party that's happy to let corporations do whatever the hell they want to workers and the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Bernard View Post
    That and the fact that they both married illegal immigrants despite opposing legal status for all other immigrants.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Positive words. That is not the same as positive things imo. "I'm will win the lottery" = positive words. Have positive things occurred? I don't think so. But this is a stupid exercise in word meaning and does nothing to enhance the conversation so we can just disagree on the meaning of "positive things occurred". Moving on.
    Essentially you are saying a meeting or agreement can only be positive after the outcome has been determined? Yeah, I don't agree.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Essentially you are saying a meeting or agreement can only be positive after the outcome has been determined? Yeah, I don't agree.
    Was this meeting better than Trump tweeting insults and calling him rocket man? Yes, absolutely.

Did anything come out of this meeting that leads anyone other than the state propaganda network and Trump to say NK is now not a threat anymore? No, absolutely not.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Was this meeting better than Trump tweeting insults and calling him rocket man? Yes, absolutely.

Did anything come out of this meeting that leads anyone other than the state propaganda network and Trump to say NK is now not a threat anymore? No, absolutely not.
    So Kim agreeing at Trumps request during the meeting to repatriate remains of Korean War soldiers doesn't count for anything?
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Itís been obvious for a while that Cohen would flip. He doesnít have Manafortís money to fight this. Heís about to be arrested. He doesnít want to go to jail.

Heís run out of options.

Well, he has the possibility of trump's pardon. But he is well aware of trumps history of lies and he knows he can't trust the braggard blowhard

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

So Kim agreeing at Trumps request during the meeting to repatriate remains of Korean War soldiers doesn't count for anything?
    Sure. Yeah. That's great. But it's not why we held the meeting and it's not what Trump is bragging about right now. He's already said North Korea isn't a nuclear threat anymore because of him. It's like saying you won the Super Bowl after getting a 1st down in October.

NYYF Legend

Sure. Yeah. That's great.
    Great. Thanks. Glad you agree with me that their were some positive things that occurred from the meeting.
    Calmer than you are

I'd say that in itself is a positive, albeit not a terribly important one in terms of strategic goals.

Whether that positive was worth the bargaining chip that was given up remains to be seen.

I won't discount the possibility that this meeting will open the way to genuine, substantial accomplishments. But in terms of what was actually accomplished? If you want to say it adds up to a small positive, inconsequential in the long run if it doesn't follow up with the real thing, fine.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by BB22 View Post
    This isnít a healthy way to look at the world. A lot of the (justified) resistance to Trump is morphing into ďthe rapture is upon us!Ē cult stuff. Mild tariffs are neither economic warfare nor necessarily bad. But if they are, then what is our North Korea policy? Economic genocide? We should probably stop it immediately in that case.
    I agree that of course tariffs aren't an inherently bad thing, depending on the tariff. These tariffs are pretty stupid and (surprise!) poorly thought through, but as economic warfare goes, they'll probably hurt us economically more than most of the other countries involved.

When it comes to extreme economic sanctions and embargos, I think "economic genocide" is hyperbolic but not entirely wrong. They're often imposed with the knowledge that the suffering will fall primarily on the people of the country, not the government, with the hope that their suffering will cause them to reject their leadership. Even more than our North Korea policy, I think the Israeli blockade of Gaza and our complicity in it is a particularly stark example.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

What of substance has trump accomplished during his term of office?

Overturned much of President Obama's executive orders. A negative.
    Repealed the Affordable Care Act. Who knows how that will turn out?
    Implemented a new Tax code. Will that have positive or negative impact? Not on the middle class.

Anything else?

Oh, I forgot. His actions have given permission to much of our citizenry to be bigoted, intolerant, untruthful, Hateful, immoral, anti female, violent , unethical, and many other traits. What a role model for our kids. After all if the President can do that, why can't I?

Andy

I essentially said nothing of the sort. We are talking about one specific meeting with two men not known for their truth telling or honesty. Don't twist my words.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I'd say that in itself is a positive, albeit not a terribly important one in terms of strategic goals.

Whether that positive was worth the bargaining chip that was given up remains to be seen.

I won't discount the possibility that this meeting will open the way to genuine, substantial accomplishments. But in terms of what was actually accomplished? If you want to say it adds up to a small positive, inconsequential in the long run if it doesn't follow up with the real thing, fine.
    What were you expecting to be accomplished in this historic meet and greet? Should Kim have presented all his nuclear arms to Trump in the meeting? Maybe the remains of all soldiers? How about an arranged marriage between Moon Jae-in and Kim's children?

You keep speaking about this great 'bargaining chip' Trump gave up. However, it's not an actual chip. It's not a tangible possession that he's given to Kim, and now has to request that it be given back. Like Kim, it's a promise that Trump can be pulled off the table at any point.
    Calmer than you are

NYYF Legend

I essentially said nothing of the sort. We are talking about one specific meeting with two men not known for their truth telling or honesty. Don't twist my words.
    Honestly, it's rather difficult to understand what it is you're saying:

The facts are that some positive things occurred due to this face-to-face.
    I don't necessarily disagree but it's still just an opinion.
    So you don't 'necessarily disagree' here? OK....

I think it's a positive when it happens without making any other concessions. Right now it's just words and those words that can be heartbreaking if it does not come to fruition.
    Here you are saying 'it's a positive only when it happens without additional concessions.' So again, it sounds to me you saying an agreement can only be positive after the outcome has been determined?
    Calmer than you are

NYYF Legend

In negotiation strategy, it's called a "throw-away," which is something that has zero value to you but does have value to the opposite side. The objective of the negotiator is to get as much value for that worthless item as possible. I'd give a KJU an "A" on this one.

I doubt Trump's story that KJU threw it in at the end out of general good will. I suspect Trump was demanding, or maybe begging, for ONE new positive concession to raise the agreement out of nothing-burger status. To some degree, this is in KJU's interest as well. The "throw-away" was the perfect choice to avoid any REAL cost to KJU; just look at how the Trumpians are seizing on it. I then wonder if this was when the promise to suspend miltary exercises was extracted. "Art of the deal" my buttocks.

I also wonder, if the remains have been identified, why could they not disclose a number? How many are ready to go? Two?
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

What were you expecting to be accomplished in this historic meet and greet? Should Kim have presented all his nuclear arms to Trump in the meeting? Maybe the remains of all soldiers? How about an arranged marriage between Moon Jae-in and his children?

You keep speaking about this great 'bargaining chip' Trump gave up. However, it's not an actual chip. It's not a tangible possession that he's given to Kim, and now has to request that it be given back. Like Kim, it's a promise that Trump can be pulled off the table at any point.
    I didn't expect much of anything, and that's what I got. This all started with you lavishing praise on Trump for his historic achievement, and criticizing anyone who disagreed as a hater. Now we're reduced to "meet and greet" and "what did you expect?"
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

I didn't expect much of anything, and that's what I got. This all started with you lavishing praise on Trump for his historic achievement, and criticizing anyone who disagreed as a hater. Now we're reduced to "meet and greet" and "what did you expect?"
    1) Solid dodge.
    2) Misrepresentation of something said jokingly.

2 for 2.
    Calmer than you are

What were you expecting to be accomplished in this historic meet and greet? Should Kim have presented all his nuclear arms to Trump in the meeting? Maybe the remains of all soldiers? How about an arranged marriage between Moon Jae-in and Kim's children?
    That's basically how Trump and the MAGA media is selling it.

Hope is eternal

That's basically how Trump and the MAGA media is selling it.
    And his followers buying it unchecked

Thread Information