+ Reply to Thread
Page 890 of 944 FirstFirst ... 390 790 840 880 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 900 940 ... LastLast
Results 22,226 to 22,250 of 23595

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    What a sickening and cowardly statement. Trump killed Obama for not saying "radical Islamic Terrorist". Yet Trump refuses to say the words "white supremacist". Sad.
    He didn't use the word "condemn" either. He was out of his element and looked uncomfortable.
    In his defense though, not many POTUS are comfortable in those situations.
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    He didn't use the word "condemn" either. He was out of his element and looked uncomfortable.
    In his defense though, not many POTUS are comfortable in those situations.
    Every president in my lifetime would've taken the opportunity to lead and to condemn the violence, as well as the anti-social, bigoted thoughts that predated it. I guess Trump's funny that way.

He's not a good person, folks.

NYYF Legend

I posted this a couple of pages back. Too bad you can't embed Tweets here. I wonder why that is?

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    I posted this a couple of pages back. Too bad you can't embed Tweets here. I wonder why that is?
    Who knows. Occam's Razor says it's due to simple technical neglect.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    What a sickening and cowardly statement. Trump killed Obama for not saying "radical Islamic Terrorist". Yet Trump refuses to say the words "white supremacist". Sad.
    Wasn't Obama defended here for that? I don't recall by who, but I do remember there was a discussion.

SJW and proud

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Donald, your country's on the phone and would like you to speak to it, post haste.

MAGA. No, MAWA
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

SJW and proud

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Every president in my lifetime would've taken the opportunity to lead and to condemn the violence, as well as the anti-social, bigoted thoughts that predated it. I guess Trump's funny that way.

He's not a good person, folks.
    Last sentence the understatement of the century
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

SJW and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Wasn't Obama defended here for that? I don't recall by who, but I do remember there was a discussion.
    Yes for the same reasons as H.R. McMaster stated he wouldn't use it in one of his first briefings, has urged Trump to abandon it, and Trump himself backed off saying it when he was in Saudi Arabia. But it's not the same thing unless you know of some reason people shouldn't say ""white supremacist"?

100%, but Rump won't condemn his fanbase.

Even Little Marco gets it.

Marco Rubio‏Verified account @marcorubio 37m37 minutes ago

Very important for the nation to hear @potus describe events in #Charlottesville for what they are, a terror attack by #whitesupremacists

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Yes for the same reasons as H.R. McMaster stated he wouldn't use it in one of his first briefings, has urged Trump to abandon it, and Trump himself backed off saying it when he was in Saudi Arabia. But it's not the same thing unless you know of some reason people shouldn't say ""white supremacist"?
    I don't think there is any reason not to say either.

Call it what it is.

Hillary Clinton

@HillaryClinton
    My heart is in Charlottesville today, and with everyone made to feel unsafe in their country.

Hillary Clinton

@HillaryClinton
    But the incitement of hatred that got us here is as real and condemnable as the white supremacists in our streets.
    4:08 PM - Aug 12, 2017
    1,369 Replies
    17,746 Retweets
    57,326 likes
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Hillary Clinton

@HillaryClinton

Hillary Clinton

@HillaryClinton

4:08 PM - Aug 12, 2017
    1,369 Replies
    17,746 Retweets
    57,326 likes
    Bad move. Now a bunch of people are going to complain that you brought up Hillary.

She's not the president, you know.

Totally off-topic.

SJW and proud

Bad move. Now a bunch of people are going to complain that you brought up Hillary.

She's not the president, you know.

Totally off-topic.
    Neither is Rubio, McCauliffe, WJC, Sessions (hard to believe, I know),

Even Little Marco gets it.
    Wow, good to see this.

I don't think there is any reason not to say either.

Call it what it is.
    Which is fine. I'm sure there are plenty that share your opinion. The thinking that Bush, Obama, and McMaster share, is that it could alienate our Muslim allies by giving the impression that we think Islam itself is terroristic and that might make them less cooperative with the US war on terror. It's a way of not lumping murderers in with the billion other peaceful Muslims. I do wonder why Trump chose not to use it when he spoke in Saudi Arabia if it's just calling it what it is. It's almost like he doesn't want to use the language to their faces but is fine using it behind their backs.

Honestly, I have no idea if it matters or not but I'd say erring on the side of using language that encourages Muslims to help us meet our goals is the better choice.

Neither is Rubio, McCauliffe, WJC, Sessions (hard to believe, I know),
    You'll only hear complaints when it's Hillary for some reason.

Which is fine. I'm sure there are plenty that share your opinion. The thinking that Bush, Obama, and McMaster share, is that it could alienate our Muslim allies by giving the impression that we think Islam itself is terroristic and that might make them less cooperative with the US war on terror. It's a way of not lumping murderers in with the billion other peaceful Muslims. I do wonder why Trump chose not to use it when he spoke in Saudi Arabia if it's just calling it what it is. It's almost like he doesn't want to use the language to their faces but is fine using it behind their backs.

Honestly, I have no idea if it matters or not but I'd say erring on the side of using language that encourages Muslims to help us meet our goals is the better choice.
    Maybe we shouldn't mention white supremacists so that we're not lumping them together with the billions of peaceful whites.

I'd hate to alienate our white allies.

45*'s faithful were thrilled with his remarks.

White Supremacists Cheer Trump's Response to Charlottesville Violence

But one group of people were thrilled with Trump’s comments: the white supremicists themselves.

The popular white supremacist site Daily Stormer called Trump’s remarks “really good,” noting that he “didn’t attack us.” They were also pleased he ignored a question about white supremacists after making his statement.

Trump comments were good. He didn’t attack us. He just said the nation should come together. Nothing specific against us.

He said that we need to study why people are so angry, and implied that there was hate… on both sides!

So he implied the antifa are haters.

There was virtually no counter-signaling of us at all.

He said he loves us all.

Also refused to answer a question about White Nationalists supporting him.

No condemnation at all.

When asked to condemn, he just walked out of the room.

Really, really good.

God bless him.

https://thinkprogress.org/white-supr...-3d0d50196c52/

Maybe we shouldn't mention white supremacists so that we're not lumping them together with the billions of peaceful whites.

I'd hate to alienate our white allies.
    I'm sure there are people that share that opinion with you as well.

I'm sure there are people that share that opinion with you as well.
    I don't agree with that statement.

I made it to illustrate the logic of your argument.

Oh, give Obama a break already for not being able to say, "Radical Islamic terrorism." He's still having problems saying, "Chicago."

Thread Information