+ Reply to Thread
Page 1226 of 1374 FirstFirst ... 226 726 1126 1176 1216 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1236 1276 1326 ... LastLast
Results 30,626 to 30,650 of 34329
    NYYF Legend

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    There may not be good bourbon, or bourbon you approve of, from Brooklyn. But there's no reason bourbon can't be made there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourbon_whiskey
    Guess you missed my link to King County Distillery that makes award winning small batch bourbon and whiskey right in Brooklyn. I've never tried it myself but its sure sounds good.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

I think NerfBall was making the point that the name is protected, or that itís not really bourbon if itís not made in Kentucky.

Now, what's called a "martini" these days - thatís a crime against humanity.

NYYF Legend

I think NerfBall was making the point that the name is protected, or that itís not really bourbon if itís not made in Kentucky.

While Bourbon traces it's roots to Bourbon County in Kentucky, unlike Congac, Armagnac, Sotch and certain other liquors, there are no appellation laws governing where can be produced to be labeled as Bourbon Whiskey.

But I'm not sure what any of this has to do with Donald Trump.

That said I do like Bourbon, Whiskey, Scotch and Rye.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    Ok, now Schumer's crossed the line:

Schumer, a New York Democrat, showed up for an event in McConnellís home state of Kentucky ó the worldís bourbon capital ó and proclaimed that his native Brooklyn produces ďsome of the best bourbon in the world.Ē

This is no bourbon from Brooklyn, or anywhere in NY for that matter.

I've had Whiskey from the beloved Cooperstown Distillery, but it was poop, despite being in an awesome baseball bottle.
    Widow Jane's 10 year single barrel is a perfectly fine bourbon. Should you decide to try it, let it breathe a little before you pour. I also like Hillrock Solera. Don't be a snob. Embrace the small craft distillery wherever it resides.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    While Bourbon traces it's roots to Bourbon County in Kentucky, unlike Congac, Armagnac, Sotch and certain other liquors, there are no appellation laws governing where can be produced to be labeled as Bourbon Whiskey.

But I'm not sure what any of this has to do with Donald Trump.

That said I do like Bourbon, Whiskey, Scotch and Rye.
    per Wiki:

The Federal Standards of Identity for Distilled Spirits (27 C.F.R. 5) state that bourbon made for U.S. consumption[18] must be:
    • Produced in the United States[19]
    • Made from a grain mixture that is at least 51% corn[20]
    • Aged in new, charred oak containers[20]
    • Distilled to no more than 160 (U.S.) proof (80% alcohol by volume)[20]
    • Entered into the barrel for aging at no more than 125 proof (62.5% alcohol by volume)[20]
    • Bottled (like other whiskeys) at 80 proof or more (40% alcohol by volume)[21]

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    That's just not true, MC.
    Pelosi knew she didn't have the votes to vote down the spending bill. She did get the CHIP program financed for 4 more years. She knew that the cost of the spending bill was going to provoke angst with the Tea Party. She held up the House vote for 8 hrs. to force McConnell to bring the DREAMER debate to the Senate floor. That debate starts tonight, btw. Ryan has vowed to follow McConnell's "bring it to the floor." She gave the go ahead for House Dems to vote in favor of the bill. It's election time this year and no way could her members vote against the CHIP funding. Also she made sure SS and Medicare remain untouched. Another plus for her Dems.
    She also raised 50 million for the House Dems in FY 2017.

Rand Paul did the same thing in the Senate. Difference was he was railing against the cost of the spending bill which fell on the deaf ears of the GOP Senators.

Pelosi knows how to get and count votes. Ryan could take a few lessons from her playbook.
    This is all nonsense.

Pelosi's speech had absolutely nothing to do with McConnell bringing an immigration debate to the senate floor. He agreed to that weeks ago during the 3 day shutdown.

And Ryan has agreed to nothing. She said she would not vote for it if he didn't agree to bring it to the floor. He wouldn't, and she voted 'no'.

She grandstanded against a bill she helped write and gained nothing.

NYYF Legend

I think a lot of people have been dissed for calling Jack Daniels a 'bourbon', and told that it is properly a Tennessee whiskey. They think that it is a rule saying bourbon must be made in Kentucky. It's not. In fact, JD could call itself a bourbon, but it prefers to be Tennessee whiskey and I don't see that changing. And...Tennessee whiskey MUST be made in Tennessee.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    This is all nonsense.

Pelosi's speech had absolutely nothing to do with McConnell bringing an immigration debate to the senate floor. He agreed to that weeks ago during the 3 day shutdown.

And Ryan has agreed to nothing. She said she would not vote for it if he didn't agree to bring it to the floor. He wouldn't, and she voted 'no'.

She grandstanded against a bill she helped write and gained nothing.
    I have no idea what she was trying to do or if she succeeded, but I remember John Oliver not being particularly impressed when he was on The Late Show.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Widow Jane's 10 year single barrel is a perfectly fine bourbon. Should you decide to try it, let it breathe a little before you pour. I also like Hillrock Solera. Don't be a snob. Embrace the small craft distillery wherever it resides.

I've pretty much tried most bourbons, even the fake ones from NY and other places.

As far as embracing small craft distilleries, I'm pretty sure me and my friends have already put some brewer's kids through college.
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

This looks like a pretty good overview of Trump's proposed budget by department.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.dfb6d0aaa66e

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    This looks like a pretty good overview of Trump's proposed budget by department.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.dfb6d0aaa66e
    The attempt to redistribute the countryís wealth is really blatant and ugly.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Bernard View Post
    The attempt to redistribute the countryís wealth is really blatant and ugly.
    He's proposing the exact opposite of what he campaigned on. He said he'd eliminate the debt in 8 years - this adds $7 TRILLION over that time and he also was the champion of those left behind and now he wants to slash the social safety net as well as Social Security and Medicare on those....left behind. This is the message Democrats should run on.

https://twitter.com/FoxBusiness/stat...07238332342272
    .@SpeakerRyan: "We have to fix health care if we're going to get away from this debt crisis."
    So you write and pass a tax bill that gives billions to corporations and millionaires while adding $1.5 trillion to the debt to justify slashing Medicare and Medicaid.

That's the GOP.

https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...-cuts-wealthy/

Trumpís Budget Reveals that He Wants Everyday Americans to Pay for His Tax Cuts for the Wealthy
    Trumpís budget would cut $675 billion from federal health care spending over 10 years by repealing the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and eviscerating the traditional Medicaid program, leaving millions fewer with health coverage. It would decimate education funding, making the most significant cuts in 30 years. It would cut programs that millions of Americans depend on to find a good job, keep a roof over their head, or put food on the table. It would also slash Social Security and other programs for people with disabilities. And it would severely cut public investments that are necessary for broad-based economic growth and a strong middle class.
    I'm aware this initial budget never gets passed as is, but the annual White House budget is as much of a mission statement as a President gets. This is unacceptable and I challenge anyone here to defend why we need these particular cuts and these particular expenses now?

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    45* isn't gonna like this.

Obamas invited to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding - Trump's Not Invited.

EXCLUSIVE: Barack Obama invited to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding
    PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle have snubbed advice and invited Barack Obama to their Royal wedding.

It can be worse if the Queen and Prince Phillip arrived with the Obamas in her gold carriage.
    Which tabloid you grab his from? The Daily Star: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...ald-Trump-2018

Here's the non fake news:

The actual guest list is a closely guarded secret — and details about it may not be released until the event is underway. But that hasn't stopped speculation about who's in or who's out from becoming a national parlor game and the subject of wagers in Britain's legal betting shops.

Which tabloid you grab his from? The Daily Star: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...ald-Trump-2018

Here's the non fake news:
    The Daily Star!

Ut oh!

I've pretty much tried most bourbons, even the fake ones from NY and other places.

As far as embracing small craft distilleries, I'm pretty sure me and my friends have already put some brewer's kids through college.
    Angel's Envy ain't too shabby. Decently priced too.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Angel's Envy ain't too shabby. Decently priced too.
    It's very good.

I like most that fall in that range - Basil / Willet / Blanton, etc...

Also a big fan of Buffalo Trace, which is good because it's on 27 bucks.

The hipsters ruined the bourbon market. My go to was Eagle Rare 17, now that goes for 400+ on the secondary market. Pappy is impossible, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...-cuts-wealthy/

I'm aware this initial budget never gets passed as is, but the annual White House budget is as much of a mission statement as a President gets. This is unacceptable and I challenge anyone here to defend why we need these particular cuts and these particular expenses now?
    To pay for the tax cut and spending on other things.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

It's very good.

I like most that fall in that range - Basil / Willet / Blanton, etc...

Also a big fan of Buffalo Trace, which is good because it's on 27 bucks.

The hipsters ruined the bourbon market. My go to was Eagle Rare 17, now that goes for 400+ on the secondary market. Pappy is impossible, etc..
    Come on man

Any distiller that limits the bottling of a particular release is inherently interested in manipulating the price of said product.

I think I read that last year's #s were like 1400 bottles? Down a couple thousand from previous years?
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Such triggered snowflakes

https://youtu.be/n1R1gskIvEU
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Such triggered snowflakes

https://youtu.be/n1R1gskIvEU
    Republicans are the biggest snowflakes. They're white, cold, and if you get enough of them together they close schools.

The NRA is basically white ISIS now with these recruitment videos.

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Come on man

Any distiller that limits the bottling of a particular release is inherently interested in manipulating the price of said product.

I think I read that last year's #s were like 1400 bottles? Down a couple thousand from previous years?

Hadn't read that....was that for Pappy? I know decreasing supply / increasing demand can help but that feels a bit extreme.

One thing that got me into Buffalo Trace, etc was that I read it all was made at the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Republicans are the biggest snowflakes. They're white, cold, and if you get enough of them together they close schools.

The NRA is basically white ISIS now with these recruitment videos.

Please keep your political crap out of the bourbon thread.

Please keep your political crap out of the bourbon thread.

Thread Information