+ Reply to Thread
Page 1404 of 1523 FirstFirst ... 404 904 1304 1354 1394 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1414 1454 1504 ... LastLast
Results 35,076 to 35,100 of 38071

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    You're the one who apparently is still surprised by this. Catch up.
    I am?
    Forget the myths the media's created about the White House. The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    I am?
    Maybe you're not. I took your shaking your head to mean you are. An honest to God cult of personality has formed around a failed steak salesman. I'm not surprised by the fact people lap this stuff up. He knows it too.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Bernard View Post
    Too many people are trying to play down the idea that Trump legitimized KJU. The potus stood before the world and said Kim was a talented guy who simply inherited a rough situation. Thatís not diplomacy. Thereís a wide gap between being civil and Trumpís words.
    He has a disturbing history of praising dictators. Kim, Putin, Duterte. It's extremely disturbing and frightening.

smdh.
    That may be his most hilarious lie yet. Yes, lots of 110 year old parents asked about their children's remains.
    "A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."
    -- Declaration of Independence

Reject Fascism

smdh.
    They must be doing well to be alive at 110-120. And to the Trumpites, we should consider this normal or we are ďhatersĒ.

Quote Originally Posted by BB22 View Post
    I agree. It's also silly to make a fuss over Canadian dairy as that's an example of a country properly protecting its industry.
    Itís also silly to make a fuss over it when it was addressed in TPP, and Trump called TPP the worst deal ever and then pulled out of TPP.

Clap clap, clap-clap-clap ArodEra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    They must be doing well to be alive at 110-120. And to the Trumpites, we should consider this normal or we are “haters”.
    Trump isn’t exactly my cup of tea, but what’s the purpose of continually throwing shade and snark at an entire group of people? I wonder if it’s a means to make one feel better about themself? Negativity just puts me in weird frame of mind. I can’t imagine feeling such disdain all day long, but that’s just me.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Trump isnít exactly my cup of tea, but whatís the purpose of continually throwing shade and snark at an entire group of people? I wonder if itís a means to make one feel better about themself? Negativity just puts me in weird frame of mind. I canít imagine feeling such disdain all day long, but thatís just me.
    So do you see Trump as trolling or lying? As for negativity? Eh. It beats denial.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Of course. Hannity is an entertainer, and not a journalist. He's got to play to his audience's expectations.

The comparison between Obama/Castro and Trump/Kim is reasonable. Not identical, but a reasonable comp. One's attitude ought to be pretty similar when comparing the two events.

If, like Hannity, you hated the first meeting because...Obama, and are thrilled with the most recent because...Trump, well, you're a partisan hack, and you need to learn to look at the situation on its merits, not based on who was driving the bus.

Of course, if you loved the first meeting because...Obama, and are kvetching about this one because...Trump, you're just as bad.

Did this most recent meeting accomplish anything concrete? Of course not. Did we give anything away? Not really. People are railing about changes to joint US-South Korea exercises without an absolute guarantee NK will comply with their agreements. Guess what? NK doesn't have an absolute guarantee that we'll comply, either. That's a draw.

The POTUS can't unilaterally create a treaty. That's why Trump could undo the Iranian Nuclear Deal, because Obama executed it as an executive agreement, and not a treaty. Ratifying a treaty is hard. You need the Senate to weigh in. That wasn't an expectation in Singapore.

Does this meeting take us closer to, or further away from a treaty with North Korea? I have to believe it takes us closer, although only marginally so. Regardless, for a one-day sit-down, that's a success. Does this meeting take us closer to, or further away from a war with North Korea? I have to believe it takes us further away from open warfare. That is a very big success.

Like a baseball trade, it's really impossible to assess who came out ahead. It'll take a few years before we can know for sure. But, a dialog between the respective leaders can't be a bad thing, can it?

But we all need to assess our immediate reaction based on the nature of the relationship between the two countries, and not who is sitting behind the leader's desk. No, Trump didn't "legitimize" KJU. You legitimize a leader when there's some question who's actually in charge. Was there any doubt Kim was in charge? Do we avoid talking to him because of human rights issues in NK? No. Refusing to even talk isn't going to drive any improvements.

What are your criteria (not you, Rhody, I mean in general) for a successful meeting?
    - A treaty of some sort? Unreasonable expectation.
    - Verifiable denuclearization? Unreasonable expectation.
    - Elimination of human rights violations in North Korea? Unreasonable expectation.
    - Framework for future work? I think so. Probably.
    - Lowering the likelihood of hostilities? I think so.

I'm not a Trump apologist. I'm not a Trump fan. I don't like the man, and didn't vote for him. However, I can't automatically default to something is bad just because Trump touched it. In this specific case, I think he did something good. Not Nobel Prize good, because the end result is very much incomplete. But it was a step in the right direction with a rogue nation that has a burgeoning nuclear capability. And even one step in the right direction, under those conditions, is something to be desired.
    Well said, Maynard. Many fine points.

Let me me make 2 comments.

1. Hannity appears on a major news channel. That makes him a news commentator, not an entertainer. A hack for sure, but a news commentator nonetheless. Heís not John Stewart on the Comedy Channel.

2. While your comments are very reasonable, the reason people are reacting the way they are is because itís Trump himself who raised expectations. Itís Trump who declared that the nuclear threat is over as a result of this meeting. Itís Trump himself who created the crisis in the first place, and now claims to have fixed that very crisis he created. Kimís post-comments after the meeting have focused on removal of sanctions, which are obviously his priority. As usual, Trump shares none of the credit with those who went before him, ignoring the fact that it is those very sanctions which were in place for a couple of years before he took office which brought Kim to this point. In his grandiosity, Trump announces that heís pulled off a major coup with all his bombastic name calling, displaying his ignorance of how things really get done.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Well said, Maynard. Many fine points.

Let me me make 2 comments.

1. Hannity appears on a major news channel. That makes him a news commentator, not an entertainer. A hack for sure, but a news commentator nonetheless. Heís not John Stewart on the Comedy Channel.

2. While your comments are very reasonable, the reason people are reacting the way they are is because itís Trump himself who raised expectations. Itís Trump who declared that the nuclear threat is over as a result of this meeting. Itís Trump himself who created the crisis in the first place, and now claims to have fixed that very crisis he created. Kimís post-comments after the meeting have focused on removal of sanctions, which are obviously his priority. As usual, Trump shares none of the credit with those who went before him, ignoring the fact that it is those very sanctions which were in place for a couple of years before he took office which brought Kim to this point. In his grandiosity, Trump announces that heís pulled off a major coup with all his bombastic name calling, displaying his ignorance of how things really get done.

Thank you for succinctly writing how I felt about Maynerd's post in a much better way than I could have.

Trump isnít exactly my cup of tea, but whatís the purpose of continually throwing shade and snark at an entire group of people? I wonder if itís a means to make one feel better about themself? Negativity just puts me in weird frame of mind. I canít imagine feeling such disdain all day long, but thatís just me.
    Yeah YP1967. Why are you throwing shade at an entire group of people when instead you can be throwing it at another forum member? Spend your keystrokes more "positively".
    Forget the myths the media's created about the White House. The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    So do you see Trump as trolling or lying? As for negativity? Eh. It beats denial.
    I see Trump as a total moron with a better cabinet than his predecessor, particularly on the foreign policy front.

But, I wouldnít go so far as to continually disparage his supporters, because some had very good, valid reasons to want change, particularly those who were ignored for years, some voting for him out of desperation. The prior administration created Trump, including Hillary, who ignored her husbandís pleas to address them. She thought sucking up to Jay Z and Beyoncť would garner more votes. As much as I might playfully goof on him, Bill is far more competent than Hillary.

Yeah YP1967. Why are you throwing shade at an entire group of people when instead you can be throwing it at another forum member? Spend your keystrokes more "positively".
    Makes no sense.

Trump isn’t exactly my cup of tea, but what’s the purpose of continually throwing shade and snark at an entire group of people? I wonder if it’s a means to make one feel better about themself? Negativity just puts me in weird frame of mind. I can’t imagine feeling such disdain all day long, but that’s just me.
    ARod, you’ve got to admit that it’s Trump who started the negativity way back in the Republican primaries with his childish name calling - Low Energy Jeb, Little Marco, and Lyin’ Ted. He continued with this tone right through the general election and into his term in office.

To stroke his own ego, he has disparaged the leaders of both parties who preceded him. One of his favorite lines, which he has used repeatedly, is “I don’t blame (insert name of country or head of state) for this situation. I blame the leaders of our country.” He thereby insults a whole series of American. Presidents and the diplomats who worked in their administrations.

Add 10 years of frustration by Democrats in dealing with Republicans, who vowed in 2008 to make Obama a failure. They refused to work across the aisle in bipartisan fashion even after Democrats in Congress took up a Republican plan that their own president didn’t want as the solution to national health care. Their refusal to even give hearings to the president’s nominee for the Supreme Court was outrageous and a slap in the face to every American who voted for that president, not once but twice as they flouted their Constitutional duties. Trump has taken that divide and rather than heal it, has widened it. We Americans would love to see our elected representatives work together in the interests of the people and the country.

It is Trump who has cultivated this climates negativity. Anyone who behaves as he does reaps what they have sown. I fail to understand the blaming of his critics for a situation he has created.

I see Trump as a total moron with a better cabinet than his predecessor, particularly on the foreign policy front.

But, I wouldnít go so far as to continually disparage his supporters, because some had very good, valid reasons to want change, particularly those who were ignored for years, some voting for him out of desperation. The prior administration created Trump, including Hillary, who ignored her husbandís pleas to address them. She thought sucking up to Jay Z and Beyoncť would garner more votes. As much as I might playfully goof on him, Bill is far more competent than Hillary.
    Wow...I can't even come close to agreeing with that.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Oh how they protect their own even when logic betrays them!

ARod, you’ve got to admit that it’s Trump who started the negativity way back in the Republican primaries with his childish name calling - Low Energy Jeb, Little Marco, and Lyin’ Ted. He continued with this tone right through the general election and into his term in office.

To stroke his own ego, he has disparaged the leaders of both parties who preceded him. One of his favorite lines, which he has used repeatedly, is “I don’t blame (insert name of country or head of state) for this situation. I blame the leaders of our country.” He thereby insults a whole series of American. Presidents and the diplomats who worked in their administrations.

Add 10 years of frustration by Democrats in dealing with Republicans, who vowed in 2008 to make Obama a failure. They refused to work across the aisle in bipartisan fashion even after Democrats in Congress took up a Republican plan that their own president didn’t want as the solution to national health care. Their refusal to even give hearings to the president’s nominee for the Supreme Court was outrageous and a slap in the face to every American who voted for that president, not once but twice as they flouted their Constitutional duties. Trump has taken that divide and rather than heal it, has widened it. We Americans would love to see our elected representatives work together in the interests of the people and the country.

It is Trump who has cultivated this climate. Anyone who behaves as he does reaps what they have sown. I fail to understand the blaming of his critics for a situation he has created.
    Bill, have to go, but I was talking about certain posters that disparage an entire group of people in typical hit and run fashion.

Reject Fascism

Lol. Have to love the trumpites. Sorry I lost positivity when we elected a demagogue who has assaulted the free press, who has treated our closest allies as enemies, has treated a psychopath who murders his own citizens as honorable and trustworthy. When without provocation calls for Russia (Putinís orders I am sure) to reinstate Russia to the G7 (even though they are not an economic superpower) when we have these camps at the border. When facts are ignored and lies are now ďtruthĒ. When non whites and women are treated like second class citizens. No I will continue to refuse to drink the Trump kool aid. I will continue as I have and resist this evil man.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Wow...I can't even come close to agreeing with that.
    Which is perfectly fine. One day weíll go down the list and compare.

lol and maybe we should add ďI hate Trump, but...Ē posts to the drinking game.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Lol. Have to love the trumpites.
    Name calling. Weak. And a blatant CS infraction.

Do you ever seek discourse with those you disagree instead of using one of your bud’s posts to disparage? Either that, or some random post directed at nobody but everybody.

Try looking inward before you mock.

And yes, Texsahara, I know that talking about the poster is against CS (in before you) but that should apply to you and your buds as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Bernard View Post
    lol and maybe we should add ďI hate Trump, but...Ē posts to the drinking game.
    Iím sure Trump will join in with the long list of people he hates. Funny how you ignore his hating and juvenile name calling. He just endorsed a candidate in Virginia who has revived the birther claims against Obama, which Trump claimed during the campaign to have disavowed.

Bill, have to go, but I was talking about certain posters that disparage an entire group of people in typical hit and run fashion.
    Of course you were.

Name calling. Weak. And a blatant CS infraction.

Do you ever seek discourse with those you disagree instead of using one of your budís posts to disparage? Either that, or some random post directed at nobody but everybody.

Try looking inward before you mock.

And yes, Texsahara, I know that talking about the poster is against CS (in before you) but that should apply to you and your buds as well.
    I repeat. The name calling was started by Trump. You canít deal with this issue and ignore the climate in which it goes on. This presidency is unprecedented. This is what it has bred. He shows complete disrespect for everyone he can. People respond to that.

Iím sure Trump will join in with the long list of people he hates. Funny how you ignore his hating and juvenile name calling. He just endorsed a candidate in Virginia who has revived the birther claims against Obama, which Trump claimed during the campaign to have disavowed.
    Apologies Bill you totally lost me. Iím not sure what youíre referring to in regards to something Iíve said? I think itís depressing that Trump continues to salute the white pride flag by endorsing people like Stewart. And this actually ties into Arodera and Yankeepideís argument about Trump supporters. Iím willing to accept within reason that there were people supporting Trump in good faith prior to the election. At this point though I canít imagine supporting him unless youíre all in on people like Corey Stewart. Itís getting impossible to insist you can separate the bad stuff from the potus. The bad stuff is the potus.

Thread Information