+ Reply to Thread
Page 787 of 1413 FirstFirst ... 287 687 737 777 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 797 837 887 1287 ... LastLast
Results 19,651 to 19,675 of 35309

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    He's trying to form some sort of relationship to take care of some very dangerous situations around the globe. Is the hacking important? Of course it is. But getting into an argument about something he will never admit does nothing. Trying to deal with Isis, North Korea, etc is something we can do together. If they're willing to work with us to take care of a common cause, I say it's a good thing.
    Good thing he doesn't need a working relationship with Democrats.

Or Americans who didn't vote for him.

Or women.

Or POC.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    You are forgetting one huge problem that needs addressing. Russia interfering in elections. If our elections aren't sacred our country stands for nothing.
    I'm not forgetting though. But I'm also taking into account other important matters. This can be shelved publicly for a while as this happens, and we continue to do our due diligence in making sure this doesn't happen again internally. It happened, lets make sure it doesn't again. But there are still many other matters that need tending to. We can't ignore them.
    In Cashman I trust.
    Players come and go, flags fly forever.

He's trying to form some sort of relationship to take care of some very dangerous situations around the globe. Is the hacking important? Of course it is. But getting into an argument about something he will never admit does nothing. Trying to deal with Isis, North Korea, etc is something we can do together. If they're willing to work with us to take care of a common cause, I say it's a good thing.
    Working with the Russians on those issues is a good thing, and I'm glad he did that. Trump. Good thing. Mark it down.

Working with them on election hacking is entirely different. That's the opposite of a common cause.

As to whether he really believes Putin: I'm not sure what's scarier, the idea that he believes Putin or the idea that he thinks he can outsmart Putin.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

I'm not forgetting though. But I'm also taking into account other important matters. This can be shelved publicly for a while as this happens, and we continue to do our due diligence in making sure this doesn't happen again internally. It happened, lets make sure it doesn't again. But there are still many other matters that need tending to. We can't ignore them.
    I agree with you completely, Steve. Unfortunately, Trump didn't shelve it.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Working with the Russians on those issues is a good thing, and I'm glad he did that. Trump. Good thing. Mark it down.

Working with them on election hacking is entirely different. That's the opposite of a common cause.

As to whether he really believes Putin: I'm not sure what's scarier, the idea that he believes Putin or the idea that he thinks he can outsmart Putin.
    I don't believe holding a grudge and not moving forward with other things is beneficial in the end. I totally agree the hacking is an issue. I fully believe that moving forward we should do whatever it takes to avoid it in the future and to tread very carefully with them. But again, looking at the big picture, having a USA/Russia team to deal with other very dangerous matters around the globe is a very good deal.
    In Cashman I trust.

I agree with you completely, Steve. Unfortunately, Trump didn't shelve it.
    I'm glad we agree on this. It's all I'm trying to say.

As for him shelving it, I have to have confidence he has. I know he's erratic on Twitter. So I get where you're coming from.
    In Cashman I trust.

As for him shelving it, I have to have confidence he has. I know he's erratic on Twitter. So I get where you're coming from.
    He already didn't shelve it. If he had wanted to shelve it, he should have simply not brought it up at all.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

I have no issue with working with them on Syria and ISIS, as long as doing so doesn't abandon our own interests and as long as we don't agree to be silent when Assad uses Chemical weapons which Putin denied. My issue is the cyber security task force.

I have no issue with working with them on Syria and ISIS, as long as doing so doesn't abandon our own interests and as long as we don't agree to be silent when Assad uses Chemical weapons which Putin denied. My issue is the cyber security task force.
    Our interests and Russia's interests with Syria are not identical. Russia is not an ally in the region.

He already didn't shelve it. If he had wanted to shelve it, he should have simply not brought it up at all.
    Wasn't it expected that he at least bring it up? It seemed like that was the headline for the poster for the main event.
    In Cashman I trust.

If there is one thing I am confident of, is that our interests come first. I'm 100% confident in that. I know most of you will fight that, but I truly believe that's number one in his mind. That's why he's done many of the things he's done and said the controversial things he's said to other leaders. Sure it's been rough coming across, but the point remains.

I also believe that the point has been made with Assad. I don't think that will be happening again. We made our point.
    In Cashman I trust.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    Our interests and Russia's interests with Syria are not identical. Russia is not an ally in the region.
    I am skeptical too which is why I brought up the big one.

I am skeptical too which is why I brought up the big one.
    There's also the problem that Putin is much smarter than Trump. If there are any agreements made regarding action in that region, or any other issue, is there any doubt we get the short end of the stick?

That's even if you buy that Trump is negotiating on our behalf instead of his own.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    There's also the problem that Putin is much smarter than Trump. If there are any agreements made regarding action in that region, or any other issue, is there any doubt we get the short end of the stick?

That's even if you buy that Trump is negotiating on our behalf instead of his own.
    And if you want to say there was collusion last year, ordered by Putin.

And if you want to say there was collusion last year, ordered by Putin.
    Oh come on man, you're not still on the collusion thing, are you?
    In Cashman I trust.

Well, do you honestly think he takes Putin at his word? Or is he just paying some lip service to move on to things he can actually do something about? I mean he's trying to work things out with the man I doubt he's going to call him a liar publicly. That wouldn't accomplish anything.
    Do you support his idea of working together with Putin on a cyber security task force? Do you you like that idea?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    Do you support his idea of working together with Putin on a cyber security task force? Do you you like that idea?
    I honestly cannot tell you. I don't have an answer. I have my concerns. I have my optimism. I'm going to hope that those in charge know what the hell they're doing.

I'm sorry I can't give you a better answer.
    In Cashman I trust.

Did you miss the NY Times article that I posted on the last page?

NYYF Legend

Have no idea. Still being investigated by Mueller. As it is still to be determined it was worth mentioning. I am 100% confident Russia, backed by Putin, did interfere (note by interfering does not mean they changed anything), with our elections. I will take our intel's word over the leader of one of our enemies. I know one thing, no way would I make a cyber security agreement with a country I believed interfered in our election and the fact Trump did so scares me as now Russia can interfere without consequence.

Muellers findings come out you're gonna be in for a rude awakening.
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Here ya go H23. I trust the Deputy Attorney General who was fired by 45* because she knew the truth.

'Following a disastrous G20 summit, the former Deputy Attorney General of the United States, Sally Yates, issued a scathing rebuke of Trump’s “refusal to confirm Russian election interference” on Twitter.'

"POTUS' inexplicable refusal to confirm Russian election interference insults career intel pros & hinders our ability to prevent in future."

'Yates referred to the fact that Trump seems more than willing to believe Russian President Vladimir Putin’s claims that he “did not meddle in our election” over our own intelligence agencies, including the CIA, the NSA, the FBI, and the Director of National Intelligence. All of these agencies had “high confidence” that Russian spies interfered in our election on the orders of Putin.'>>>

http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/07...roke-internet/
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Have no idea. Still being investigated by Mueller. As it is still to be determined it was worth mentioning. I am 100% confident Russia, backed by Putin, did interfere (note by interfering does not mean they changed anything), with our elections. I will take our intel's word over the leader of one of our enemies. I know one thing, no way would I make a cyber security agreement with a country I believed interfered in our election and the fact Trump did so scares me as now Russia can interfere without consequence.
    Interference, yes. Collusion, I don't believe. Not even a little.
    In Cashman I trust.

NYYF Legend

Priebus said tonight Trump did not believe Putin. Ok so then why would you trust Putin in this cyber security agreement?

I've said this previously:

Even if it turns out Trump or his team had no involvement, they obviously appreciated the end result of Russia's actions and are good with a repeat in 2020.

Nice is different than good. Texsahara's Avatar

Is there anyone other than Trump that does not believe Russia meddled in the election?

Thread Information