+ Reply to Thread
Page 416 of 959 FirstFirst ... 316 366 406 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 426 466 516 916 ... LastLast
Results 10,376 to 10,400 of 23970

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post

Good luck with this one.
    I suppose it's better off to be in denial and meltdown, no matter the number of laughie emoticons!

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    I suppose it's better off to be in denial and meltdown, no matter the number of laughie emoticons!
    I'm sorry the FBI Director confirmed your president is being investigated for collusion with Russia during the election.

SJW and proud

Obama, Hillary, DWS and Donna Brazile created President Donald J. Trump. I know....hard for some to admit and accept it.
    Agreed. Whether one agrees they did it or not but a lot of people feelmthe DNC was corrupt and forced her on us and while some may have said Hillary is the same as Trump I think a more accurate statement would be there was not a lot of passion for Hillary unlike in 08 and 12 for Obama. Dems stayed home in 2014 and they did again in 16. Hillary lost PA because there was one overwhelmingly democratic county that voted in high percentages and volume for Obama and while voted in high percentages for Hillary, she didn't get the volume. While I personally felt and even more so now feel she was better than Trump, because Of her ties to Wall Street and her being a war hawk I didn't vote enthusiastically for her. Go back and read some election post mortems and that will confirm what I am saying.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

I'm sorry the FBI Director confirmed your president is being investigated for collusion with Russia during the election.
    You mean the very same person you supported months ago (and probably still do) and then claimed to support Hilary? We all know you wanted no part of Bernie. You sure know how to pick 'em! :

NYYF Legend

Those same people are going to vote for him in four years. They're not the issue. The Dem base/those who didn't bother to vote because Clinton and Trump "were the same" are the issue.

- He lost the popular vote.

- He barely won the swing states.

- He's extraordinarily unpopular.

Stop telling yourself Trump voters are the key to anything.
    He's president for the next almost 4 years at least and for the next 21 months at a minimum has a majority of his own party in the House and Senate and is about to have a 5-4 majority on the Supreme Court.

I'd say that's all that really all that matter at this point.

Not that he lost the popular vote by nearly 3M votes. Not that if less than 100K of those votes were distributed in the right swing states he would have lost and not that his popularity is below 50%.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Agreed. Whether one agrees they did it or not but a lot of people feelmthe DNC was corrupt and forced her on us and while some may have said Hillary is the same as Trump I think a more accurate statement would be there was not a lot of passion for Hillary unlike in 08 and 12 for Obama. Dems stayed home in 2014 and they did again in 16. Hillary lost PA because there was one overwhelmingly democratic county that voted in high percentages and volume for Obama and while voted in high percentages for Hillary, she didn't get the volume. While I personally felt and even more so now feel she was better than Trump, because Of her ties to Wall Street and her being a war hawk I didn't vote enthusiastically for her. Go back and read some election post mortems and that will confirm what I am saying.
    YP, too bad there aren't more objective (on both sides) posters like this. Would make for better discourse...........and less smilies.

But.....but........but........45* said he was bring back the coal miners and their industry...............

Two Ohio coal-fired plants to close, deepening industry decline

Source: Reuters

Mon Mar 20, 2017 | 4:55pm EDT

By Emily Flitter | NEW YORK

Electricity company Dayton Power & Light said on Monday it would shut down two coal-fired power plants in southern Ohio next year for economic reasons, a setback for the ailing coal industry but a victory for environmental activists.

Republican President Donald Trump promised in his election campaign to restore U.S. coal jobs that he said had been destroyed by environmental regulations put into effect by his Democratic predecessor, Barack Obama.

Dayton Power & Light, a subsidiary of The AES Corporation, said in an emailed statement that it planned to close the J.M. Stuart and Killen plants by June 2018 because they would not be "economically viable beyond mid-2018." Coal demand has flagged in recent years due to competition from cheap and plentiful natural gas.

The plants along the Ohio River in Adams County employ some 490 people and generate about 3,000 megawatts of power for coal.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN16R2D4

Sad that everybody in the coal industry believed 45* was gonna bring back the coal industry and their jobs. Even sadder that they voted for 45*
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

NYYF Legend

It's amazing how the people that voted for him are going to be absolutely screwed by his plans.

The greatest magic trick of all time is the Republican party making blue collar workers think that the party of millionaires and billionaires cares about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Well....I am a total bacon whore...
    <--- The Ryan emoticon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    He's president for the next almost 4 years at least and for the next 21 months at a minimum has a majority of his own party in the House and Senate and is about to have a 5-4 majority on the Supreme Court.

I'd say that's all that really all that matter at this point.

Not that he lost the popular vote by nearly 3M votes. Not that if less than 100K of those votes were distributed in the right swing states he would have lost and not that his popularity is below 50%.
    That wasn't the point of the exchange with JLW. The argument that we need Trump voters in order to win in two years, and 4, is completely inaccurate and a waste of time. As we see from Arod, Hitman, Hoodoo, etc they ain't changing their vote no matter what. Focus on the base. The base, the base, the base.

As for your point, yup. Trump is President. And historically unpopular, trying to kill people's healthcare, while being investigated for ties to Russia.

I'd say if we had to go through a Trump presidency, and we do, we're in a position to ensure it's amazingly unsuccessful.

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    Comey on Russia: "They wanted to hurt our democracy, hurt her, help him."

Comey, asked what would prompt an FBI investigation, says 'a credible allegation of wrongdoing' A credible allegation of wrongdoing.
    I thought Comey's idea of when to have an investigation was meaningless, and that he had no credibility. I know I read that somewhere. Where could it have been?

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    Comey on Russia: "They wanted to hurt our democracy, hurt her, help him."

Comey, asked what would prompt an FBI investigation, says 'a credible allegation of wrongdoing'

Since James Comey confirmed that there is an active FBI investigation into Russian interference into our election and potential collusion with the Trump campaign, Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee have bent over backwards to change the subject. But Rep. Michael Turner may have gotten just a little too cute by suggesting that any old thing, like an innocent picture or meeting, could prompt an FBI investigation, asking Comey what the “tipping point” could be for such an investigation. Comey’s response:

A credible allegation of wrongdoing.
    So now he has credibility again? Gotta love the way you waffle depending on whether or not it fits your narrative.

But, keep crying, "Russia" for the next four years if it helps you make it through the day.

the clinton investigation was prompted by a pretty serious breach of protocol. but the underlying material was never going to be some sort of bombshell in terms of damage.

it's the department of state gossips in an administration that centralized diplomacy and natsec within the white house. she had little real power

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    I thought Comey's idea of when to have an investigation was meaningless, and that he had no credibility. I know I read that somewhere. Where could it have been?
    I thought an investigation equaled guilt? I know I read that somewhere. Where could it have been?

Ha! I just posted something similar. Too funny. I'm literally shaking my head.

I don't know, Maynerd. Where did you read it, and who said it, and was that actually what they said?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

That wasn't the point of the exchange with JLW. The argument that we need Trump voters in order to win in two years, and 4, is completely inaccurate and a waste of time. As we see from Arod, Hitman, Hoodoo, etc they ain't changing their vote no matter what. Focus on the base. The base, the base, the base.

As for your point, yup. Trump is President. And historically unpopular, trying to kill people's healthcare, while being investigated for ties to Russia.

I'd say if we had to go through a Trump presidency, and we do, we're in a position to ensure it's amazingly unsuccessful.
    The hard core Trump supporters are unlikely to change. The independents who chose to vote for Trump are the target to flip.

That and the blue collar folks who voted for Trump in the hopes of reviving their industry who are probably going to screwed by his polices in more ways than one. As the industry he promised probably ain't coming back and the safety net in place for them is probably going to get cut to shreds.
    Baseball is life;

So now he has credibility again? Gotta love the way you waffle depending on whether or not it fits your narrative.

But, keep crying, "Russia" for the next four years if it helps you make it through the day.
    Arod, the point isn't whether Russia's interference is or isn't the reason that Trump won. The point is Russia doing their best to interfere with our election and - perhaps - people in the Trump campaign talking to them about it.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Well........this is rich.

GOP Rep. Wonders If NY Times' Sources Are Russians Posing As US Officials

Source: Talking Points Memo

By ALICE OLLSTEIN Published MARCH 20, 2017, 2:13 PM EDT

Late into the third hour of Monday's House Intelligence Committee hearing, during which the FBI's director confirmed the agency was investigating whether there was any "cooperation" between the Trump campaign and Russia, one Republican congressman attempted to discredit the media's reporting on the topic.

"Is it possible that the New York Times was misled by individuals claiming to be current or former American officials?" Rep. Brad Wenstrup (R-OH) asked. When Comey said he could not answer that question, Wenstrup continued down the same path.

"Is it possible that a so-called 'source' to a media outlet may actually be a Russian advocate?" he asked. "Nothing to do with this story, but is it possible that a Russian surrogate could actually be the source that a newspaper is relying on?" Comey again refused to confirm or deny the source of a specific article, saying only: "In general, sure. Somebody could always be pretending to be something they're not."

The New York Times article in question disclosed to the public that several members of Trump's presidential campaign and inner circle had phone conversations and other communications with Russian officials that were intercepted by U.S. intelligence agencies.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...ecret-russians

Desperate times makes for desperate measures.
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Arod, the point isn't whether Russia's interference is or isn't the reason that Trump won. The point is Russia doing their best to interfere with our election and - perhaps - people in the Trump campaign talking to them about it.

Could you please explain what Russia did to interfere with our election? You said your brother had been asked to stay on til Jan 19th to help with this 'interference' investigation.
    Can you shed some light on what that evidence could be?
    Happy 2017!

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I don't know, Maynerd. Where did you read it, and who said it, and was that actually what they said?
    John, here's a couple that I quickly found. I'm sure Maynerd could add to this.

http://www.nyyfansforum.com/showthre...ey#post8208946

http://www.nyyfansforum.com/showthre...ey#post8246181

NYYF Legend

Comey has credibility issues from both sides for seemingly all the wrong reasons.

How he's still employed is a mystery to me.

That said if it's him or some buffoon Trump will appoint I'm almost tempted to say we The American People are better off with him than the possible alternatives.
    Baseball is life;

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
    It's amazing how the people that voted for him are going to be absolutely screwed by his plans.

The greatest magic trick of all time is the Republican party making blue collar workers think that the party of millionaires and billionaires cares about them.

Personally speaking, I don't ask, need nor want a Political Party, Politician or the Government to CARE about me. I'd rather those in DC not even know that I even exist. Leave me alone. That word 'care' is overused, misused and abused when it comes to the voters.

Why not just allow the citizens of this country to have an even playing field? No need to have someone in Washington to care about me. We're not all guaranteed the same outcome - just a fair chance without obstacles placed by the government.

And yes, the indigent, the vets & those that are mired in poverty need assistance. I'm not arguing that point.
    Happy 2017!

nobody said you need to be informed to vote

reminds me of...............
    Attached Images

We could add China to the list of countries that 45* has pissed off.

China warns US over arms sales to Taiwan

Source: Agence France-Presse

AFP
    March 20, 2017

China on Monday reiterated its firm opposition to US arm sales to Taiwan, amid reports that Donald Trump's administration is preparing a large shipment of advanced weaponry for the self-ruling island.

"China firmly opposes US arms sales to Taiwan, this is consistent and clear-cut," foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told a regular press briefing.

"We hope the US side fully recognizes the high sensitivity and serious harmfulness of its sales to Taiwan."

She called on Washington to abide by the One-China policy and "cease Taiwan arm sales" in order to preserve Sino-US relations and peace and stability in the Taiwan Strait.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-war...101256752.html

Thread Information