+ Reply to Thread
Page 408 of 1113 FirstFirst ... 308 358 398 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 418 458 508 908 ... LastLast
Results 10,176 to 10,200 of 27822
    NYYF Legend

Re: President Donald Trump

Some of my Trumpkin friends on FB are saying "Golfing is the businessman's way of closing deals and that he's working 24/7............and with a straight face......

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Some of my Trumpkin friends on FB are saying "Golfing is the businessman's way of closing deals and that he's working 24/7............and with a straight face......
    Guess now the right agrees that playing golf is not a huge deal.
    Posts in invisible key strokes

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    Incoming

Trump sued over disclosure of personal debts

Washington lawyer is suing President Donald Trump for allegedly obscuring the extent of his personal debts on his federal financial disclosure form.

Attorney Jeffrey Lovitky filed the case in federal court in Washington this week, claiming that Trump's May 2016 disclosure intermingles his personal indebtedness and loans made to businesses or development projects Trump is affiliated with.

While Trump or his businesses are facing at least four lawsuits alleging unfair competition or violations of the Constitution's foreign emoluments clause, Lovity's suit makes no claims of impropriety — it simply alleges that the public is being deprived of accurate information about Trump's debts.

All Trump's debts are covered on a single page of his 104-page disclosure. The listed loans exceed $300 million in total, according to the report. The total amount of the loans is known to be much larger based on other data, but the disclosure form does not require details above $50 million for each loan that exceeds that amount.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-...closure-236222

45* really needs to donate his salary to his charitable foundation. He could pay the settlements that way.
    This sounds like a frivolous suit that's probably going to get thrown out right off the bat. I can't imagine the guy filing the lawsuit has any standing to sue for this, for one.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    Your protests to the contrary would come across a little more sincere if you managed to stop dismissing every reasonable, thoroughly explained grievance as nothing more than "hive-mind" thinking.
    So a person is automatically labeled a Trump supporter if they disagree or point out the misinformation, mocking, histrionics, trolling, anger, hate and vitriol that's so predominant in this and the Election thread? How sincere is that?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Guess now the right agrees that playing golf is not a huge deal.
    Meh.........many other of my Trumpkins friends are tired.......very,very tired of his antics and just don't bother defending him anymore.......for many....this is not what they signed up for.........I have one coming over tonight for the Blue Devils/Gamecock game..........he's bringing Busch beer ........he's a Tea Bagger and has rejoined the Party in fighting Trumps agenda....
    I drink it to make feel good ........I guess you noticed my Sister no longer defends him either on FB.........I think Twitter has lost him a lot of respect........

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Meh.........many other of my Trumpkins friends are tired.......very,very tired of his antics and just don't bother defending him anymore.......for many....this is not what they signed up for.........I have one coming over tonight for the Blue Devils/Gamecock game..........he's bringing Busch beer ........he's a Tea Bagger and has rejoined the Party in fighting Trumps agenda....
    I drink it to make feel good ........I guess you noticed my Sister no longer defends him either on FB.........I think Twitter has lost him a lot of respect........
    I think what a lot of those people discovered is that their (social media) voices began to resonate, or rather, their mics were turned on. The capacity for informed opinion was always a mystical bastard. But there was a paradigm shift with social media, and all of a sudden, all voices have the same resonance. It goes both ways, really. However, specific to Trump supporters? The dog's caught the car (H/T upthread, whoever you are).
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    So a person is automatically labeled a Trump supporter if they disagree
    Nope.

Nope.
    "Constantly calling other posters names for criticising him."

You going to give examples of this?

I'm not surprised but I don't know what it is they're tired of. The guy in the WH is the exact same guy from the campaign.

The only plus with that is it's been a boon to the opposition. He doesn't learn, and keeps making the same mistakes over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    "Constantly calling other posters names for criticising him."

You going to give examples of this?
    You mean you already forgot calling everyone in the thread part of a "hive-mind" just yesterday? It's like posting with the lead from Memento.

Beyond that, you don't participate in the thread in anything resembling good faith. You have displayed zero interest in Trump despite being a self-proclaimed Champion of Ethics and Honor and Not Lying. Whatever hyperbole exists from some corners here, there are enough serious issues he's trespassed that would seem to cause alarm for someone who claimed to care about those things.

Orrrr...you're not being honest and most of the noise over Clinton ended with her for any number of reasons that would be easy to speculate on if they didn't violate MAYNERD'S RULES.

There. Now try to contribute something to the thread's topic that doesn't have anything to do with a) sh*tting on other posters who don't like your guy, b) me.

My guess is nothing will change because you are exactly what your posts paint you as.

Double dog dare ya.

You mean you already forgot calling everyone in the thread part of a "hive-mind" just yesterday? It's like posting with the lead from Memento.
    Referring to the hive-mind is not calling someone names. Unless you believe I was referring to you as 'hive-mind', like some Marvel villain. Seriously-- look it up. It's about groupthink and mob mentality. That sort of thing. Actually, groupthink is probably a better term for what goes on here.

Beyond that, you don't participate in the thread in anything resembling good faith. You have displayed zero interest in Trump despite being a self-proclaimed Champion of Ethics and Honor and Not Lying. Whatever hyperbole exists from some corners here, there are enough serious issues he's trespassed that would seem to cause alarm for someone who claimed to care about those things.
    I don't post in the thread the way you want me to, so I must be a Trump supporter. Who appointed you gatekeeper of the thread? You're once again making my point for me.

Orrrr...you're not being honest and most of the noise over Clinton ended with her for any number of reasons that would be easy to speculate on if they didn't violate MAYNERD'S RULES.
    I have no idea what that sentence means. I believe you're trying to say that I didn't vote for Bernie and went with Trump instead. You're wrong. You being wrong is not a surprise.

There. Now try to contribute something to the thread's topic that doesn't have anything to do with a) sh*tting on other posters who don't like your guy, b) me.
    Trump is not my guy and I didn't sh*t on anyone. I disagreed and discussed. Why do you get so upset if I don't agree with everyone else? Are you that insecure?

My guess is nothing will change because you are exactly what your posts paint you as.
    As are you. I'd much rather be me.

"Nobody is ever gonna treat the Vets like I treat the Vets. I love the Vets. Nobody loves the Vets like I love the Vets. I'm gonna take care of the Vets. It'll be huuuuuge." Said 45* on the campaign trail.
    Now? Not so much. He got elected. He doesn't need the Vets anymore.

Trump's 'major meeting' on veterans affairs never happened

Source: MSN/The Hill

President Trump boasted Friday that his private Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, Fla., was the "most convenient" place to hold a meeting "all about" the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), but the meeting never took place.

"Tonight I'm having a major meeting with some of the people I put on a board," Trump had said earlier Friday. "'That seems to be the most convenient location. Everybody always wants to go to the Southern White House."

A White House official later told the Palm Beach Post that the meeting would not happen Friday night. It's unclear why, and the event never appeared on Trump's official schedule for the day. Such a meeting has not been included in current or future schedules.

Trump, according to pool reports, will have dinner with Ike Perlmutter, the Marvel CEO Saturday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ned/ar-BBylu65
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    "Nobody is ever gonna treat the Vets like I treat the Vets. I love the Vets. Nobody loves the Vets like I love the Vets. I'm gonna take care of the Vets. It'll be huuuuuge." Said 45* on the campaign trail.
    Now? Not so much. He got elected. He doesn't need the Vets anymore.

Trump's 'major meeting' on veterans affairs never happened

Source: MSN/The Hill

President Trump boasted Friday that his private Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, Fla., was the "most convenient" place to hold a meeting "all about" the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), but the meeting never took place.

"Tonight I'm having a major meeting with some of the people I put on a board," Trump had said earlier Friday. "'That seems to be the most convenient location. Everybody always wants to go to the Southern White House."

A White House official later told the Palm Beach Post that the meeting would not happen Friday night. It's unclear why, and the event never appeared on Trump's official schedule for the day. Such a meeting has not been included in current or future schedules.

Trump, according to pool reports, will have dinner with Ike Perlmutter, the Marvel CEO Saturday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ned/ar-BBylu65
    You posted this part:

President Trump said he would hold a "major meeting" Friday at his private Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, Fla., that would be "all about" the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), but the Friday meeting apparently never took place.
    But left out what came next:

Instead, the White House said in a release the following evening that Trump spent a portion of his Saturday focusing on the issue.

Trump "spent the early morning and afternoon on issues concerning the Department of Veterans Affairs and the military," according to a read out from the White House late Saturday.
    So the meeting happened Saturday instead of Friday.

Is this supposed to be a big deal?

Referring to the hive-mind is not calling someone names. Unless you believe I was referring to you as 'hive-mind', like some Marvel villain. Seriously-- look it up. It's about groupthink and mob mentality. That sort of thing. Actually, groupthink is probably a better term for what goes on here.
    Possibly, but that "groupthink" would seem to be entirely due to a number of lefty-progressive types who post here that based on ideology and actual actions by the Trump admin would stand opposed. It would seem a logical conclusion to criticize Trump for actions he's taking when we spent the election arguing these actions were reason to keep him out of the WH. That's not "groupthink". That's consistency.

Not to mention, even your application of the term is reserved for the progressives in the thread only. Boss, Arod, Hitman, Hoodoo, etc repeat virtually verbatim Trump talking points. You'd think such a dedicated independent "free thinker" such as yourself would save a little for that circle. Yet virtually all of your invective is reserved for progressive arguments and the folks making them. "SJW's", "Hive-mind", "Circle jerk", etc.

It's completely unimportant what side you're on. No one gives a sh*t what "Mr. Coffee" or "Gregorius Chant" think about anything. But you asked, so I gave you an answer. Unless you Memento'd your own posts again and forgot you whined at me to give you a response.

NYYF Legend

I'm not surprised but I don't know what it is they're tired of. The guy in the WH is the exact same guy from the campaign.

The only plus with that is it's been a boon to the opposition. He doesn't learn, and keeps making the same mistakes over and over again.
    I 've noticed 3 Trump groups......Trumpkins, Anybody but Hillary and the Tea Baggers.......my guess is the latter two groups thought he would evolve into somewhat of a statesman not the Canival Barker and Twitter Twit he has adopted as his persona and every time he seems to be dropping with approval he will trot out a rally to feed red meat to his minions To stroke his ego and make him feel good about himself.........the optics aren't very appealing to many folks right now........

Possibly, but that "groupthink" would seem to be entirely due to a number of lefty-progressive types who post here that based on ideology and actual actions by the Trump admin would stand opposed. It would seem a logical conclusion to criticize Trump for actions he's taking when we spent the election arguing these actions were reason to keep him out of the WH. That's not "groupthink". That's consistency.

Not to mention, even your application of the term is reserved for the progressives in the thread only. Boss, Arod, Hitman, Hoodoo, etc repeat virtually verbatim Trump talking points. You'd think such a dedicated independent "free thinker" such as yourself would save a little for that circle. Yet virtually all of your invective is reserved for progressive arguments and the folks making them. "SJW's", "Hive-mind", "Circle jerk", etc.

It's completely unimportant what side you're on. No one gives a sh*t what "Mr. Coffee" or "Gregorius Chant" think about anything. But you asked, so I gave you an answer. Unless you Memento'd your own posts again and forgot you whined at me to give you a response.
    I didn't whine for a response, I called you out on your bullsh1t. Which you verified.

Some things are more complicated than 'us or them'. Not everything is a left-right issue, and if something is incorrect, it's incorrect, no matter who said it or what side of the aisle they're on. I can't believe I have to explain this, but here we are. Granted, It would be easier to just parrot the 'Trump bad' party line without actually having to do any thinking, but what's the point of that?

Maybe forums aren't for you. Start a blog if you can't handle opposing viewpoints without getting defensive. Make your own safe space.

I 've noticed 3 Trump groups......Trumpkins, Anybody but Hillary and the Tea Baggers.......my guess is the latter two groups thought he would evolve into somewhat of a statesman not the Canival Barker and Twitter Twit he has adopted as his persona and every time he seems to be dropping with approval he will trot out a rally to feed red meat to his minions To stroke his ego and make him feel good about himself.........the optics aren't very appealing to many folks right now........
    I get it, but there really wasn't anything in the campaign or his 70 YEARS ON THIS PLANET that suggested a "pivot" of any kind.

I get it, but there really wasn't anything in the campaign or his 70 YEARS ON THIS PLANET that suggested a "pivot" of any kind.
    Other than being a democrat up until 2008?

Suspended

I'm waiting for BRenninger to ask for our bank details so he can transfer 20million into our accounts. He's already tried to reach out to his royal Nigerian cousins but he doesn't trust them anymore and needs our help.

Granted, It would be easier to just parrot the 'Trump bad' party line without actually having to do any thinking,

All you, big guy.

Other than being a democrat up until 2008?
    Someone's registration doesn't offer insight into their beliefs. He was a racist misogynist xenophobic crooked businessman prior to anyone taking him seriously as a presidential candidate. That he adopted Christian Conservatism to hoodwink more rubes was right out of the Trump U playbook.

Someone's registration doesn't offer insight into their beliefs. He was a racist misogynist xenophobic crooked businessman prior to anyone taking him seriously as a presidential candidate. That he adopted Christian Conservatism to hoodwink more rubes was right out of the Trump U playbook.
    You can't be a racist, xenophobic, crooked businessman and be a democrat?

This is like the trailer to 45*'s big show on Monday..............

UPDATED Leak is the 'one crime we know of' in Russia investigation: GOP Intelligence Committee...
    Last edited Sun Mar 19, 2017, 01:42 PM - Edit history (1)
    Source: Reuters
    Sun Mar 19, 2017 | 10:44am EDT

The Republican head of a congressional panel investigating accusations of Russia's interference in the 2016 U.S. election said on Sunday a leak involving former Trump aide Michael Flynn was a crime and that the panel was probing whether other names were leaked.

"The one crime we know that's been committed is that one: the leaking of someone's name ...," Representative Devin Nunes, chairman of the House of Representatives Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, told Fox News Sunday.

Trump has been dogged by allegations that his associates had ties to Russian officials. Trump fired Flynn, his former national security adviser, last month after he failed to disclose contacts with Russia's ambassador before Trump took office on Jan. 20.

Trump has found himself at odds with Democrats and Republicans alike, including Nunes, over his March 4 assertion that the Obama administration tapped his phones during the 2016 presidential campaign.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN16Q0LL

The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

You can't be a racist, xenophobic, crooked businessman and be a democrat?
    Of course you can, but for expediency purposes, it's best not to be in this day and age.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Of course you can, but for expediency purposes, it's best not to be in this day and age.
    I hope you're not implying that kind of stuff plays better to GOP audiences, cause that would be accurate.

Oh, wait. Then by all means - imply away!

Thread Information